Countdown (completed)

By ccaitlinn4

When 14 year old Saiko sees the Sign for the first time, she thinks nothing of it. She doesn't realized she h... More

Countdown
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3.
2.
1.
A New Thought
The Death Ceremony
Thanks!
Maya - An alternative Ending

And It Becomes Clear

18 3 0
By ccaitlinn4

I wake up. It's morning, and I'm back in the hospital. Everybody is behaving normally. I get my breakfast, as normal. My doctor comes to check on me, as normal.

But I don't feel normal. I feel as different as I ever have. What was that I witnessed?

Sammy comes in later and tells me Maya wants to see me, so I get wheeled through to her ward.

"Maya, what was that?" I ask as soon as we have privacy.

"Saiko... it's complicated." She sighs.

"Well I have time," I argue.

Maya sighs, and readjusts herself. "Fine,"

"What you saw, it's called the death ceremony. I said Morstens were immortal. But if something hurts them, and would kill a mortal, then they go to the Court of Eternal Stars. They then preform the death ceremony." Says Maya.

"But what is the Death Ceremony?" I ask, curiosity taking over, "And what was that thing."

"Well the Death Ceremony is where you fight against the... monster. Also know as Superstes. If he wins, then you die like a regular mortal, and if you win, the Superstes will turns to smoke, and you go back to the mortal world."

"But Maya, how do you know this?"

"I'm sorry I haven't told you sooner Saiko, but I'm not 14. I'm 114."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 17.5K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
24M 833K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
44.4M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
Mahal By Rosy

Paranormal

25.8K 2.9K 38
She is walking in the dark corridors which are barely lit, the only source of light is the torch light in her hand. As she is walking she heard someo...