The Only Thing That Keeps Me...

By lydiamartinnn

"You!" He yelled at me, "You're the only thing that seems real to me, you're the only thing that keeps me san... More

The Only Thing That Keeps Me Sane || Stiles Stilinski/ Teen Wolf.
one || we're not sisters.
two || cheater.
three || hey-llo.
four || apologies, apologies.
five || A+.
six || amused Stiles.
seven || let's change the subject.
eight || bridesmaids and an alpha.
nine || no secret anymore.
ten || a big bad wolf.
eleven || night time.
NOT AN UPDATE! But, there will be one soon.
twelve || left out
thirteen || karma

fourteen || hallelujah

5.5K 252 78
By lydiamartinnn

      « « fourteen » »
  I gave Stiles' hand a small squeeze to reassure him that I was alright now. He looked at me, returning the smile I had given him. The hopeless romantic inside of me was yelling, "KISS HIM! KISS HIM!", I chose to ignore it. Stiles let go of my hand and retreated back to where the group was standing. I sighed at him leting go of my hand and decided to follow him.

"No, no, this is insane, you can't do this," My sister spoke, "You can not go out there."

Scott looked to her, "We can't just sit here waiting for Stiles' dad to check his messages."

I wanted to tell Allison. I wanted to tell her everything. She told me everything. Even embarrssing things, like the time her and boy were very close to having... intercourse, but she fell off the bed and got a concussion. It was like there was a devil on one side of my shoulder telling me to tell her and an angel on the opposite saying the opposite thing. I can't tell her. She'll get hurt. And I do not want her to get hurt.

Allison moves closer to Scott, "Scott, just stop. Do you--do you remember when you told me you knew whether I was lying or not?" She's choking on her own tears, "That I had a tell. Well, so do you. You're a horrible liar. And you've been lying all night. Just-- just please, please don't leave us."

My heart broke at the sight of my sister crying. She rarely ever cries. The only time she doesis when someone has died or someone close to her is hurt. In this moment, I realized just how much my sister cared for Scott. I can tell she loves him, but i'm not going to mention it to her. Scott starts to walk away, but Allison pulls him back and they have a deep kiss. Disgusting. Not the time, Madelyn.

Scott turns to me, "Lock it behind me," and with that the teen wolf runs into the halls, leaving me to comfort Allison.

Allison is shaking, "I don't get this. I don't get why he's out there, and why he left us. And I can't-- I can't get my hands to stop shaking." Jackass makes his way over and grabs at my sisters hands.

He slightly soothes her, "It's okay," I swat his hands away.

"Get your hands off of my sister," I say in the most hateful voice I have ever said to anyone.

Jackson, obviously getting the hint that I was going to kick his ass if he didn't stop touching her, retreats away, moving next to Lydia.

"Jackson," Lydia starts, "you handed me the sulfuric acid, right? It has to be sulfuric acid. It won't ignite if it's not." She looks at the beakers on the table.

Jackson says in his usual tone, "I gave you exactly what you asked for tonight."

Why does Lydia put up with his shit? Like, honestly, Lydia is a nice person. She gives Jackson her everything and he treats her like this. I'm fed up with it.

Lydia opens her mouth to reply, but I open my mouth and speak before she can, "You're such a jackass, Jackson. Lydia loves you like you're her whole world. And we both know damn well Lydia could drop your preppy ass and have any other guy in this school, hell, in this town if she wanted. So, why don't you stop being such a dick and appreciate what you have?" I spit, angrily.

Stiles' eyes are wide at my outburst, but I see him smirk faintly. Lydia gives me a tiny smile, as almost saying, "thank you." I didn't feel sorry for anything that I said because every word was true, and Jackson knew it. His lips part to give me a reply, but then he starts to scream and his hands fly to the back of his neck. What the hell is wrong with this kid? Lydia rushes over to him.

He waves her off, "No, i'm fine. Like, seriously, i'm okay."

"That did not sound okay at all," My sister and I say in unison earning a look from Stiles.

Stiles leans over the back of Jackson, "Hey, what's that on the back of your neck?"

Jackson's hand covers whatever the hell is the back of his neck, "I said I'm fine," He says through gritted teeth.

"It's been there for days, he won't tell me what happened," Lydia tells us.

Jackson snarls at her, "As if you actually care."

"I am going to beat the living shi--," I start, but Stiles covers my mouth with his hand, I roll my eyes at his gesture.

 Stiles brings his hand down, "Okay, can we not argue for a half second here."

Allison stands up from leaning on the table, "Where's Scott? He should be back by now?"

Well, you see Allison, he is trying to keep all of us from being an alpha's meal, I wanted to say, but I didn't.  I see Scott aproach the door only to lock it, "Scott! Scott!" Allison's yell. He's trying to protect us.

Lydia stands next to my sister, "Where's he going?"

Allison continues to yell, "Scott! Scott!"

Lydia's ears perks up as well as mine, "Stop! Stop! Do you hear that?"

Everyone stops, and we hear the sounds of sirens approaching. Hallelujah. We are okay now. Just like Stiles said we'd be.

»»»»»»»»»

"You sure it was Derek Hale?" The sherrif questions Stiles, Scott, and I. I now had a blanket draped over myself that Stiles had in his jeep, which he offered to me when I was cold. I was very thankful, considering I had on a strapless dress and it was colder than Hitler's heart outside.

Scott nods, "Yes."

"I saw him too," The sherrif son tells him.

"Me three," I say.

I could tell by the way Stiles' dad was looking at us, he didn't believe us. I could tell he wanted to, but can you really blame him? Everything we were telling him was just a bunch of bull, but we couldn't exactly tell him the truth. Well, actually Mr.Sherrif, your son's best friend is a werewolf and we were being chased by a pyscho werewolf who is trying to get Scott into his pack. Oh, & me? I'm apart of a family that hunts werewolves! Oh, yeah, he'd believe us for sure.

"Listen-- We're gonna search this whole school. We're gonna find him," Sherrif Stilinski said, referring to the janitor that got torn apart. Brutal, yes, I know.

A fellow deputy called him over, "Stay." He said to all of us.

I pulled the blanket over my shoulders tighter, hoping to get warm, "Hey-- Stiles," I say grabbing his attention, "Can-- will you give me a ride to--,"

He nods his head, "Yeah, yeah, you can go ahead and get in the jeep-- if you want,"He hands me the keys to 'Roscoe'. I've always thought it was weird that people named their cars, but the world is just a weird place I guess.

I nodded at him once and took the keys from his grasp. I found my way to the jeep and climbed in. Before I was abe to be overwhelmed by my thoughts, I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

»»»»»

"Madelyn," I hear a soft voice say, "Madelyn, wake up."

My eyes open slowly. I stretch, but then notice I'm in a car. Stiles' car, "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to fall--, uhm, asleep."

He laughs, softly, and as cheesy as it sounds, his laugh warms me from the inside out, "You're fine. But, we're at your house."

"Oh, I better go. Inside. To the house." I ramble, "Yeah, okay, bye. Thanks for the ride, Stiles." I brush a piece of my thick hair behind my ear.

"Wait.. do you think we could talk-- just a second?" He asks, hopeful I say yes. I turn to look through the windows of my house, but all of the lights are off and my dad's car is not in the driveway meaning the house is vacant. I nod.

He inhales a deep breath in and out, "Earlier-- you said, more than a friend-- or that you see me more?" His words run together.

I keep my eye forward, "It was a stupid thing to say, Stiles." I laugh, but not in a happy way, "I mean you're in love with Lydia. I am not sure why I even chose to tell you that. I just--," I turn to look at him.

His jaw is clenched and his eyes are only looking forward now, "Do you not get it, Madelyn?"

"Get-- get what?"

He finally looks at me, "I like someone."

I roll my eyes and scoff, "Yes, Stiles, I know. Lydia Martin." Why would he state the obvious like that?

He begins to shake his head and I hear him mutter under his breath, "Oh my god."

"What?" I'm getting angry now, "I'm leaving the car now. Thanks for the ride, Stiles." I open the door, but before I can open it all he way, Stiles speaks.

"You!" He yells at me, "You're the only thing that seems real to me, you're the only thing that keeps me sane."

I shut the door, "Wha-- what?"

"Madelyn. I like you. Have you not noticed how happy I am around you? It's like when I'm with you, I forget everything. I forget about the werewolves. I forget about all the scary stuff, I forget---,"

I cut him off pressing my lips to his. I can tell he's shocked because it takes his mind a minute to register that I am kissing him. His hands move to my face and he cups it, gently.He starts to kiss back, slowly moving his lips against mine. I guess the hopeless romantic inside of me got what she wanted. And I was so happy she did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 60.5K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...
298K 6.3K 37
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
37.1M 1.4M 144
"My dad sold me to a pack of werewolves to settle his gambling debt." ❀ "I'm going to count to three," Logan growls. He doesn't have to say the rest...
4.1M 125K 62
Once there was a girl, daughter of an Alpha, who happened to face consequences of the things she had no control over. How? By being ostracized from...