Mistaken For A Guy

By Porshford

Having to bear a name that resembles that of a guy when in actual fact you're not one has its own effects. ... More

WELCOME FELLA 🤝🏻
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
The Chapter nobody asked for...

Chapter Nine

345 27 3
By Porshford

    Sam Lewis 💫

The annoying sound piercing through the serenity of the dark could only be my alarm. I jolted awake, seizing the phone from under my pillow and turning it off.

I rubbed my eyes, frowning at my surroundings. It came sweeping over me without delay. Noble Boys Academy!– room 7.

Beads of sweat broke on my forehead and beneath my nose as the thumping in my chest mixed with the existing snores in the room.
I purposely set my alarm to twelve midnight since I couldn't afford for the life of me, waking up late. Ivy had talked me into some secrecy tips on how I'd take my bath this and every dawn.

The boys were peacefully asleep with Samuel being the loudest snorer. Guess I could use him as alarm.

I slowly climbed down off the bed and tiptoed to my locker, not risking the slightest of sounds.

I stifled a yawn, grabbing my sponge bag and morning coat, not forgetting my outfit for the day.

I ducked into the pockets of my coat, pushing the sponge bag and folded outfit into it and ghostlily made for the door, hitting a second of contemplation.

Will it make a disturbing noise?

I held my breath, turning the knob as I pushed it open. Creak. I squinched my eyes shut, pausing before pushing it again. Creak creak...creak!

I flinched, looking behind me if it had stirred anyone up.

I released a good amount of air, closing it behind me. A gust of chilly dawn wind blew at me, causing goosebumps all over.

I rubbed my arms emphatically, continuing my tiptoe business.

I didn't think I'd say this but aura of the corridor was eerie. And creepy too with the night owls hooting once awhile.

I bypassed the subsequent rooms, blocking the images of horror movies I've watched from prevailing.

I finally reached the last two rooms on the floor which was the bathhouse and gents respectively.
I leaned my ear against the bathroom door for any sound though I was convinced nobody was possibly in there and pushed it open, locking it behind me after I had stepped in.

I searched for the switch in the darkness and turned it on revealing a very wide room tiled in white with several cubicles and a water supply in each cubicle.
The temperature in the bathhouse was quite warm and less eerie than that of outside.

I positioned at the last cubicle, placing the sponge bag on top of the adjoining wall of my cubicle.

Let's see... the cubicles were arranged in rows. So, twenty to thirty cubicles aligned in the left row and an equal number at the right in that they faced each other. And each cubicle shared a wall with the next beside it so one couldn't see the person bathing at the cubicle next to him because of the tiled wall separating them but will equally see the person facing him on the opposite row.

I don't know if I'm making sense but yo, picture it as it is for bathrooms at boarding schools.

  Quickly, I took off my multiple saggy shirts and pants. Then I took off the Afro, pushing it beneath the sponge bag that was on top of the wall to ensure it didn't get wet.
I didn't forget to put a shower cap over my hair.

Within seconds, I was under the shower, spraying and rubbing myself ( removing both dirt, nervousness and cowardice)

Nerves were only gonna trigger a slip from me and we wouldn't want that.

After the shower, I toweled my skin dry and smeared body lotion before dressing up into the facade again.

I don't know what I would have done to make my chest look flat if not for the tight sports bra I had bought. But all the same, I thank the originator of saggy clothing. Cuz.

I threw a singlet over the sports bra and put on my button up shirt with breast pockets that could fit an entire head.

I had a hard time fastening the belt of my pants to suit my waist. It kept on drooping but at last, I got it in place.

Lemme tell you, there was no way you'd make out my body form in these outfits. I was more than the before common era men.

Everything set, I fixed the wig and gathered my belongings into the sponge bag before leaving the bathhouse premises.

I took a step forward before remembering and went back inside to put out the lights. Then I closed the door just like how I came to meet it.

Day one, mission bath in secrecy accomplished!

I succeeded in tiptoeing back into the room without anyone noticing and crawled back in bed.  It was still only some twenty-five minutes after one. Good dawn y'all.😴

   __________________________
______________________________
        ___________________

   I was still in my slumber when I felt a nudge on my cheek.
I stirred a little and turned on my side. The nudging flitted to the back of my neck.

What on earth...

I caught a faded sound of murmuring before I was loosing consciousness again. Something crawled up my spine like walking fingers.

"Ooh who is that!"I yelled groggily, turning to my right.

The sound of chuckling voices had me cracking my eyes open and was met with the Jordan and Samuel views.

  "Oh man, you sounded like a little girl,"Jordan chuckled, his eyes crinkling.

"Swears!" Samuel joined in, shaking his shoulders in exaggeration.

I glared at both of them. Shit!

Did Jordan just say I sounded like a little girl?

Oh no! I forgot to use the male voice.

I took a deep breath, rekindling my facade.

  "Which one of you was doing the nudging nonsense?"

They pointed accusing fingers at each other.

"It was you."

"It was you!"

I sithed.

"Hey name pal, did we succeed in disturbing you by any chance?"

I purposely ignored Samuel and stilled when Jordan climbed and sat at the foot of my bed.

He smelled so good.

I couldn't resist a sideway glance at him. He was in dark blue trousers and white singlet that left little to nothing at all to my imagination. His hair was slicked neatly with some bangs hanging below his forehead, brushing his arched eyebrows.

Rule number 2 🖍️

Yes, sure.

I teared my gaze away. I will not crush on this Adonis.

  "You should thank us for waking you up man, it's  morning already,"Samuel frowned slightly, resting his elbows on my bed.

      "Because? What time are we supposed to leave for homeroom?"

   "They said eight prompt."

I checked the time on my phone. 5:03AM

"Okay so can you both give me a valid reason why you had to wake me up? It's not even six!"

   "Don't be a big baby, it was for the best." Jordan said casually. "Don't you have to go and bath or something?"

  "Yeah Sam, you gotta go or else you wouldn't get a free cubicle. The bathhouse was really packed like sardines when I was leaving."

Samuel shook me vigorously,"ginger up buddy! You're gonna be late!"

I darted at them. "Thanks for caring. I've already taken my bath."

With what I hoped was a grateful smile, I threw the blankets all over me with the intention of going back to sleep.

"Wait, you have?" Jordan quizzed.

  I nodded through the blankets.

   "He is faster than we thought,"I heard Samuel say. The weight on the bed decreased when Jordan got off it.

I didn't see it coming, the blankets were suddenly ripped off my, sizzling me with the early morning air.

"Oh god, what again??"I whined, shooting up to strangle the responsible person. I came up short when I saw it was Jordan.

One look at my expression and he was chuckling loosely. "You look different without the glasses."

My eyes widened a bit. Different in the sense?

I didn't take chances. I hurriedly snatched my glasses from the bedside table. With the intensity of his blue, I wouldn't put it past him to see through me.

"Oh no, that wasn't my indirect way of telling you to put it on,"he said quickly, putting his hands up in surrender.

    "Duh, I need it to see."

Liar.

Jordan's brows raised. "I thought... they don't look medicated."

"Yeah, I get that a lot."I waved flippantly, getting back to sleep. "Um, Jordan?"

"Yeah?"he turned.

"Wake me at six."

   He stuck his thumb at me,"sure."

I smiled gratefully, missing the way his eyes twitched slightly and drew the covers over me for round two.

     ____________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 7.4K 68
"You got expelled from school." "Yes." "You punched a girl in the face." "Uh huh." "Now your sitting in front of me."...
98 0 30
Alex is sent to boarding school cause he keeps getting expelled and his parents are over it so they send him to boarding school. He's anxious about e...
15 1 15
i wrote this story a decade ago when I was still in college. A girl named Sam whose family alwags is moving fromnplace to place looking for the right...
122 28 15
When her dad sends Kiara to a prestigious boarding school for artists in Singapore, she is determined to hate it. Just like she hates everything. But...