The Dark between the Stars

By Roseanamy

---- "Chan it's not the way you see it. Trust me." I said with pleading eyes. He ignored my presence and wen... More

Prologue & Cast
Chapter 1: First Impression
Chapter 2: Proposal
Chapter 3: The Contract
Chapter 4: Wedding
Chapter 5: Business trip
Chapter 6: A fresh start
Chapter 7: Few steps closer
Chapter 8: Sick
Chapter 9: A healing date
Chapter 12: Panic Attack
Chapter 11: He cares
Chapter 12: Opening up
Chapter 13: New normal
Chapter 14: Falling for him
Chapter 15: Trip
Chapter 16: Jealous
Chapter 17: Mistake
Chapter 18: Birthday
Chapter 19: Rain
Chapter 20: Beach
Chapter 21: Misunderstanding
Chapter 22: Where are you?
Chapter 23: Terrible at staying away
Chapter 24: Warning
Chapter 25: Something's wrong
Chapter 27: Hiding
Chapter 28: Revelation
Chapter 29: Home
Chapter 30: Shopping
Chapter 31: Missing
Chapter 32: Where am I?
Chapter 33: The End

Chapter 26: A night with Seo-Woo

946 47 8
By Roseanamy

Rosé P.O.V.

I was almost done. I had some outpatients to check. After I was done with my last patient, I stepped out of my room to see Baekhyun walking towards me.

I smiled and walked towards his side and he returned my smile back till it faded suddenly and he abruptly asked,
"Is she your patient?"

"Yeah, she visited for the first time for regular checkup. Do you know her?" I asked.

"I don't remember, she just felt familiar. Never mind let's go," he said while taking my bag from my hand. Just as he was about to take my bag from me, my mind wandered on the morning event.

"Baek, I need to check on a few things. Can you give me five minutes?" I asked.

"Take your time, I'll give him company till then," Suho said appearing from nowhere. I gave him a thankful smile and ran to my room.

I opened the drawer ruffling files and reports here and there to find the envelope. I forgot to open it because of hustle and bustle in the hospital in the morning.

Just as I found it, my breath hitched and I opened it immediately. It read,

"Your gift is on your way. Have a little fun little birdie till it becomes too much to handle."

What does the person mean with the gift. Is it going to harm any of us or do something alarming. Suddenly a voice broke my train of thoughts bringing me back to reality.

"Princess, are you done? I can't take this hyung's dad jokes anymore." Baekhyun said while Suho stood beside him laughing at his own joke.

I nodded and placed the envelope back, took my things and followed him to his car. While he's driving, he kept on telling me about something but I couldn't focus- all I my mind would focus on was
'A gift is on it's way.'

"Are you listening to me? PRINCESS??" Baekhyun asked while applying sudden breaks.

"Yes. You were saying something about umm umm.." I didn't know what was he talking about for last twenty minutes.

"See, you didn't listen to a word. We are here," he said.

"Already.." I whispered taking off my seatbelt.

"I'm sorry, it's just that.." I was apologising for being rude not listening to a single word he said while he cut me off saying,
"It's alright. Just don't stress the little brain of yours."

I mouthed a 'thank you' and left. It was six-thirty when I reached home. The sun had gone down and it was almost getting dark. I didn't want to be alone but I didn't want to burden Baek at the same time.

I had taken the last two strides before I reached the front door. My heart was pounding as I started to question myself. What if something happens? Should I tell Chanyeol?

As I entered inside, I turned on the lights and called for Ahna but there was no reply. It didn't take me long to register that I'm alone in the penthouse.

I tried calling Chanyeol but he didn't pick up. My worry was increasing by every passing minute, when suddenly the lights went off followed by a breaking sound of glass near me. It was too dark and empty home, I couldn't find the courage to see what just happened.

I sank to the floor, sobbing my heart out. A million possibilities ran through my head.

Suddenly I heard a noise and the lights went on, I was a minute away from passing out when I saw Chanyeol.

I didn't know how to react so I cried harder and ran out to the terrace. Just as I was trying to get used to the cold air, a warm body welcomed me. I could easily recognise this scent. It was Chanyeol back hugging me.

He whispered in my ear, "I don't know what is it, but it's all going to be alright."

I didn't know how to control myself. I turned around hugging him tightly and he gently patted my back.

After a quick session of crying and comforting, we went inside. Just as we entered the living space my eyes widened to see blood on Chanyeol's shirt.

"What is this? Are you hurt?" I asked while my eyes were fixed to his collar where I could see fresh blood stains.

"What? No, I'm okay?" He said and then he saw his shirt he looked towards me confused just when I hissed with pain.

"Ouch," I said while loosening my left shoulder.

"Rosé, what did you do? Where's the first aid kit?" He asked panicked. I looked at him puzzled.
'Why is the guy having blood stains on his shirt screaming at me?'

I followed his panicked gaze on my left shoulder to find a splinter of glass pierced through my skin.

He brought the first aid kit and cleaned my wound. All the time when he's applying calming lotion and bandage, I tried not to hiss with pain. He wasn't asking anything and the silence was eating me up.

"Well, when will you tell me what's going on? Why don't you discuss it with me? Don't you trust me enough? Why are you making me worry all by myself?" He said calmly will bandaging my wound.

It was the first time, he was being calm while he's angry. It was scarier than his violent side.

"I want to tell and show you only good things, i want—" he cut me off halfway.

"Am I your kid?" He asked flustered.

"Do you think it's easy for me?" I asked.

"The people you love want to share your burden with you. You only disappoint them by hiding it from them." He said holding my hand while drawing circles on my palm with his thumb.

"Chan, I'll tell you once I'm ready. Just give me sometime," I asked while entwining our fingers.

"Take your time, but tell me before it's too late." He said and I nodded engulfing his big body in a hug. And then his body stiffened. I broke the hug to follow his gaze to find the window glass broken.

"Must be the wind, you know how strong the storm was. I'll go clean it." I said just when stomach grumbled. What a timing! I can't be more embarrassed.

"I think someone is hungry? I'll clean it." He said jokingly.

"Can we please order pizza?" I asked.

He nodded and ordered pizza for us. Just as the pizza arrived and I was about to take my first bite someone knocked at the door.

"Are you expecting someone?" I asked Chanyeol and he shook his head in no. "Go check, I'm hungry," I said while taking a bite.

He stood me up and I looked at him befuddled.
"Come with me or else there won't be a single slice left till I come back."

I huffed at his over exaggerated statement and followed him to the door. As we opened it, Seo-Woo (Yoona's daughter) ran to me.

"She wants to be with you guys. I'm leaving her with you." Yoona unnie said and left.

"Why does she do this every time?" Chanyeol whined while closing the door and I glared him.

"Let's go. Pizza is waiting." I bent down to her level and picked her up running towards the kitchen.

"Pizza yayy!" Seo-Woo chuckled.

We were eating while Seo-Woo kept nagging about her mom and how she didn't let her eat ice cream. She's such a bossy kid. When I saw Chanyeol taking the last piece of pizza, I glared at him.

He left the last piece back and I took it and placed in Seo-Woo's plate earning a frown from Chanyeol but I ignored him and listened to the entire rant session of baby boss.

After eating we sat on the couch to watch 'Tangled'. Seo-Woo was talking to Chanyeol about how she liked Flynn while he just nodded his head and kept using his phone.

I snatched his phone away and said,
"Watch it with us. No work when family is around," He sighed and threw his hands in defeat and watched the movie with us while singing a few songs with Seo-Woo that took me off guard.

"She watched this with me like a hundred times." He said at the end of movie with a smile plastered at his face.

"Uncle," Seo-woo went near him and showed him her pleading eyes. Without asking her request he said no and she started crying.

I placed her in my lap and stroke her hair slightly,
"What does this little kid want?" I asked.

"Ice cream," she whispered sobbing.

"Can we please get ice cream," I asked Chanyeol.He shook his head but after a few couple of minutes of our conjoint pleading he agreed.

As we were making way to the car, Chanyeol said,
"We don't have the Children safety chair."

"It's okay. She'll sit with me in the passenger seat." I told him and he nodded making his way to the driving seat.

As we reached the ice cream parlour, I asked them to get my ice cream since I felt tired because of the long day I had. I decided to wait for them in the car.

Chanyeol's P.O.V.

Except of a few things, my day was perfect. The way Rosé listened to Seo-woo, the way she watched cartoons with her and most of all the way she let her have the last slice of pizza made me feel that Rosé will be a cool mom. I can't keep my thoughts of Rosé around her kids aside. I smiled at my stupid thoughts.

After a good session of pleading, I agreed to take them to an ice cream parlour. Rosé was tired so we left her in the car to get ice creams.

Just as I paid for ice creams, I heard a loud BANG!

With all the negative thoughts for today suddenly rushing in my mind and bad intuition, I ran outside with Seo-Woo in my arms. Witnessing the scene all my muscles felt numb and ice cream dropped.

My car was crashed by a truck. And all I could think was about HER.

Bringing me out of my trance was Seo-woo who yelled,
"Aunt Rosiee.." and then she started weeping.
__

(A/N: Hope you enjoy the update. What do you think where is the story heading to?

I'm so obsessed with Baekhyun's Bambi and Cry for love. Have you listened to his new album?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

780K 18.3K 17
"How dare you!!" His stare and cold voice made me step back with fear scared of what he will do "You clumsy woman!! Keep those disgusting hands of yo...
6.2K 159 25
"Do you do this with every girl you think is pretty or am I special?" "You're very special. You're my sapphire. You're my introspection and meditati...
92.3K 3.3K 29
When EXO is asked to meet with a girl dying from cancer in Singapore, Kris doesn’t want to go. However, when he actually meets this girl, he realize...
20.5K 687 29
(COMPLETE STORY) {chanyeolXcrisa(you)} Fanfiction..... English story! "You're Heart broken??" he asked me "Yeah, he cheated on me" you answered "...