๐“๐ก๐ž ๐„๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ก ๐‡๐จ๐ซ๐œ๏ฟฝ...

By oxAmoristxo

"You're absolutely infuriating." He breathed out, pressing her body against the bookshelf with his own. His d... More

Cast and Author's Note
Part One
0.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
Part Two
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
NOTE
67.
68.
69.
70.
71
72.
73.
74.

8.

10.5K 341 94
By oxAmoristxo

Chapter Eight

September 28, 1943

As the weeks passed on in Hogwarts, it seemed a rivalry began between Riddle and Grahamm. At first, it was a silent contention. Daring glances and annoyed gazes shared and eye rolls thrown here and there, along with a few banters over something that was really nothing. It was quite infuriating for Tom, and what got on his nerves more was that Grahamm seemed to enjoy annoying him.

Soon enough, though, the rivalry between them became a loud competition. In class, students could start to see the contest between the two, their hands shooting up at every given occasion, challenging each other without any words, their eyes speaking it all, and students couldn't help but watch with intrigued eyes. After all, for the first time in six years, someone was actually coming close to the high position Riddle held in Hogwarts.

There was no doubt Cerys was proving to be an excellent student, no less than Tom if not better. The mere thought made said boy seeth in irritation. He was the best, and everyone acknowledged the fact, but after the arrival of Grahamm, it seemed they were on the edge of their seats, anxiously waiting to see Cerys transcend him.

"Good afternoon, everyone!" Galatea Merrythought greeted as she entered the room. Tom brushed off his train of thoughts, fixing his composure. Currently, he, with Avery and Rosier, along with more Slytherin's of his year, stood in the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom. The desks had been piled against the walls of the classroom that were lined with windows, but light could still enter to allow students to see their surroundings. "As you can see, I've had the desks put away. Today, we shall duel."

A smirk made its way on Tom's lips. Dueling was not only a skill of his, but a favourite hobbie. Dark Arts was, quite evidently, a favoured subject of his, one he paid much attention to, more than what might be good for him.

"I shall be pairing you up with someone with equal capabilities as yours to duel with, please stand with your partner once I call your names." Merrythought continued, taking a scroll from her desk, that had been left in its place in the classroom. She began to read out the list, students shuffling here and there to make their way to their partner. "Riddle and Grahamm."

Eyes curiously followed Tom and Cerys as they neared each other, meeting in the middle. They looked much more interested in the duel to happened between the two students than themselves. It was no surprise either. Tom Riddle was known to be more than outstanding at the Dark Arts, proving it not only through his various O's he got in the subject, but with the way he participated in class as well.

"Are you ready to loose, Riddle?" Cerys spoke from beside him, careful to keep her tone hushed.

Tom rolled his eyes. "You wish, Grahamm."

"Alright, get in position everyone!" With that order, the Slytherins stand back to back with their partners, wands out.

Tom was in anticipation. He could take the situation to his advantage. Not only could he see the girl's skills, but she'd soon know her place after she'd realize how powerful of a wizard he was.

"Expelliarmus!" He said, pointing his wand straight at Grahamm, who deflected the spell with the simple flick of he wrist.

A disappointed sound left her mouth as she shook her head with a teasing smile. "That's all? I thought you were better than that." She taunted. "Stupefy!"

    Flicking his wand, Tom blocked the spell before yelling out: "confringo."

   "Protego! Ascendio!" Swiftly, Cerys casted both spells, blocking herself and targeting Tom, though, he easily deflected the spell. A small smirk formed on Tom's lips, the duel was now beginning. It didn't go out of Cerys' notice of how the prefect radiated a dark aura, a mischevious and chilling smile dancing on his lips. Magic wafted off of him in powerful waves that was alone enough to send amy opponent off their feet, but Cerys remained strong, planting her feet to the ground. She wouldn't back down.

   "Expulso!"

   "Bombardo!"

   "Impedimenta."

   Spells were shot here and there with great speed, the two students moving in coordination to avoid getting hit. Their movements were smooth and calculated, only highlighting their skills and capabilities. Before Cerys knew it a firey orange light headed her way and she instantly ducked. A fierce expression crossed her face, her eyes hardening with determination as a small smirk quirked her lips upwards once she realized Tom was using wordless magic. This was going to be fun.

   A silver light emitted from Grahamm's wand, shooting itself straight at Tom with the purpose tickle him until he was unarmed. The brunette boy blocked the spell before wordlessly using incendio. A jet of flames roared to life from Tom's wand, heading straight for Cerys, who immediately used aguamenti in reply. Water dashed out of her wand with a strength that surged through her arm. The two elements clashed with each other in the middle, a strong force hitting both Riddle and Grahamm, causing them to almost stumble off their feet. Almost. Cerys quickly caught her balance, gripping her wand tighter as she used full force against Tom, who also didn't hold back.

   At this point, many students had stopped their dueling, rather focusing on the pair in the centre of the room. A harsh wind blew open the windows of the classroom, whistling and wheezing, though, Cerys and Tom didn't seem to notice. They were so transfixed that they were unaware of what was happening other than the duel. Water and fire twisted and turned, curling around each other like a snake around its prey in efforts to burst the other, it towered above the students, slowly heading up to the domed ceiling. Students watched, intrigued and enthralled by the extraordinary sight in front of them, whispering amongst one another. 

   Sweat formed on Cerys' forehead, Tom's teeth gritting as they both pushed themselves to the edge, hell bent of attaining victory. An ache formed in Cerys' arm as she felt her energy draining, a part of her feeling distressed when she felt Tom still had more in him, but her pride couldn't let herself succumb and surrender.

   Apprehension tickled the back of her neck when she felt her limbs grow weak, and the satisfied spark in Tom's dark orbs told her he could clearly see her weakness. Just as she though Tom was going to overpower her and, most probably, throw her off her feet, the bell of the clock tower chimed loudly, signalling the end of the period with its deep and echoing sound.

   The students suddenly dispersed as Merrythought walked through the path thy made, clapping enthusiastically. "What a duel! Well done, well done! But I'm afraid the class is over."

   Cerys closed her eyes for a moment, panting heavily as she drew her wand down, the water from her wand and fire from Tom's slowly coming down from the ceiling and disappearing. Tom, on the other hand, didn't look the least bit tired, rather quite aggravated that he couldn't get his triumph. Next time, Grahamm, next time.

    Snickering and chattering of the seven boys bounced off the walls of the walls of the Room of Requirement, the teenagers enjoying their time while they awaited a certain boy. If you looked at them now, you couldn't imagine these boys would one day be assisting in creating the biggest dark era the wizarding world would ever see, an era they would would be oh, so desperate to get out of. So desperate they would send a girl into the past— their present, in order to fix things. Currently, they were simple teenaged boys, enjoying their magical lives in Hogwarts.

Avery chuckled as Malfoy wacked Lestrange over the head for no apparent reason, causing Lestrange to unknowingly kick Nott besides him, who looked deep in thought, only earning him another wack from the dimpled boy. Rosier shook his head from besides Avery, sharing an amused look with Mulciber and Dolohov. Before Lestrange could say anything against Malfoy, the door to the Room of Requirement opened, revealing Riddle gracefully coming in.

   He, as usual, sat down in his seat in front of the fire, at a distance, and between the other boys. Although, the others switched about their seats regularly, Tom sat in one place, a comfortable dark green arm chair with a velvet fabric that shinmered underneath the green light of the fireplace. It gave the boy a sense of authority and power, one reason he was in disdain when a specific girl decided sitting in his seat in the Slytherin common room.

   Once Tom had sat down, the boys continued their conversation, that didn't go any place in particular, allowing the raven haired boy to focus on his book. At the moment, he was researching the symbol that was discovered a few weeks ago. He was sure he could find something in the book currently in his hands, an old book of dark brown leather, the binding having grown frail with time, therefore, extreme caution was needed while handling it.

"I was thinking..." Nott began, expressing the thoughts that he was pondering over before Lestrange oh, so graciously kicked him. "Won't it be nice after we take over this school?"

Malfoy tutted, shaking his head. "What feeble thoughts you have, Nott." He scolded. "You should think much bigger than that."

Raising an eyebrow, Nott gave Malfoy a look. "You mean as big as your head?" He retorted.

Abraxas scowled. "I was thinking more along the lines of world domination."

A Cheshire like grin took over Tom's lips at the mention of world domination. "I see Malfoy gets it." He said, causing a prideful look to gleam in the blonde's eyes. Abraxas Malfoy was one of Tom's most trusted and oldest followers. It was Abraxas who had approached Tom on the first day of his first year.

It had been just a while after everyone was sorted, and Malfoy noticed how quiet Tom was. Initially, Abraxas had planned to tease the boy, but after Tom fired back just as equally, it was quite obvious Riddle was more than he let on. Soon enough, through Abraxas' good relations with the other pure blood families, Tom managed to recruit Reinhard Lestrange, Ambrose Nott, EmlynAvery, Evan Rosier, Nicholas Mulciber and Antonin Dolohov.

The conversation between the boys went on while Tom continued reading.

"So, how's that thing with Zabini going on?" Lestrange asked Malfoy, who glowered at the boy. It was no secret between the Knight's of Wulpurgis that Abraxas was quite the charmer among the girls, but there were some girls he just couldn't get. Cara Zabini being one of them. "Don't tell me it ended the same as it did with Grahamm."

"Wha' happened with Grahamm?" Dolohov questioned curiously, clearly, the group wasn't aware of the encounter.

Lestrange snickered. "Straight out ignored him. Lad practically strutted to her with his all mighty self and she stood up his hand."

"Seems like she already saw through ya, Malfoy." Nott chuckled.

Rosier nudged Avery with his elbow. "Or maybe she mistook those litres of gel for grease." The group roared with laughter, causing Malfoy to scowl and mutter a few curses before subconsciously running a hand through his gelled hair. He was very sensitive about it.

"She's got quite the bite in her, that's for one." Mulciber said. "Saw her defending that filthy Ravenclaw mudblood the other day. What's her name? Warrens? Yeah."

"Yeah, heard she scared off those pathetic Gryffindors." Malfoy said, rolling his eyes.

Avery scoffed. "Brave their supposed to be." He mocked. "Can't even stand up in front of a girl."

"She's something alright, should've seen her dueling Riddle." Everyone cautiously peered over at Tom at Rosier's words, they were careful when mentioning her, knowing very well the distaste their lord had regarding the girl.

"She's skilled, yes, but not more than I am." Tom stated. It would be foolish of him to deny her capabilities. Her magic possessed strength, one, that for the first time, would be a challenge to him, but not a threat.

Narrowing his eyes, Tom focused on the book before him, a specific symbol catching his eye.

The symbol of Avalon is known to be from the myth of Avalon Island told by muggles. In medieval times, this symbol was feared by old witches and wizards due to the myth. It was believed that witches and wizards that carried this mark lurked through the night with purpose to avenge their dead leader that was a dark wizard killed by an unknown person. Witches and wizards with this mark were known to weild great magic that only their victims witnessed.

Thousands of years have passed, and this mark has never been seen on anyone, leading many to believe it was an old folk tale muggle parents told to heir children to keep their children from exploring out into the night.

Tom's finger traced the symbol Cerys carried on her neck, a deep frown forming between his eyebrows as he thought.

I hope you're liking the book so far!

- S. Hamilton xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 489 14
โShe, the enigmatic force that has stirred my very soul, has driven me to the brink of madness. Her presence has led me astray from my lofty aspirati...
36K 1.4K 13
When Harry's name comes out of the Goblet of Fire, he is livid. He didn't bloody want to join a deadly tournament, but it seems like no one believes...
8.7K 206 31
Read and find out. Warning Dark Fan fiction
27.9K 835 69
"๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’๐’… ๐’”๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’๐’† ๐’†๐’๐’”๐’†. ๐‘บ๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’๐’† ๐’˜๐’‰๐’ ๐’Š๐’”๐’'๐’• ๐’Ž๐’†." ---------------------- Started: 11/21/20 Completed: ???