The Prince's FiancΓ©e | βœ”

By XclusivelyA

*Book 2 in the Soulmates Series* After Malekh's startling revelation about the deal he'd made with Ashton, El... More

Author's Note
About The Kingdom of Crysauralia
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52 Pt. 1
Chapter 52 Pt. 2
Epilogue
Author's Note
Q&A
Release Date for Book 3
EXTRA SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Cover Reveal
Special Announcement

Chapter 14

21K 1.1K 820
By XclusivelyA

Chapter 14 is dedicated to geminigurl27

Thank you for your support
-----------------------------------------------------------

I knew that Ashton was still upset with me, but I didn't think it would hurt this much. His eyes seemed to go straight through me as I entered the meeting room where Jun was going over sections of the plan.

Ashton and I would have probably continued pretending that we didn't know each other existed if I hadn't interfered.

After the meeting was over, I slipped away from everyone. It hurt to keep on pretending like I didn't care about him. He looked tired and his hair was messy as if he's just rolled out of bed. He wore a sullen scowl as he tapped his fingers anxiously on his knees.

I wanted to ask if he was okay, but decided against it. He didn't want me to interfere in his life anymore, and it wasn't my place to.
When the meeting ended, he quickly stormed out of the room. The guys exchanged some worried looks at his departure, but decided to leave him be for now. He was already in a horrible mood as it was.

I stepped out of the house, stretching in the sunlight. It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, Ashton was smoking...

Wait. Ashton was smoking?

My jaw hung loose as I spotted Ashton leaning against the house. At that angle it was hard to spot him but somehow I had. He was leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. Even like that, he looked like a model on the cover of a magazine. A tired, moody model, but a model nonetheless. He made T-shirt and jeans look so effortlessly good.

I would have left him alone and maybe continue to admire him from afar if it wasn't for the cigarette that dangled between his fingers.

I shook my head and sighed. He said he would quit. I couldn't just leave him alone now, could I?

I walked over to him tentatively but before I could get too close, his eyes snapped open to glare at me. I ran my hands along my jeans nervously.

"Hey."

He rolled his eyes with a scoff.

"I know we're not exactly on speaking terms," I started slowly. "But I'm really worried about you, Ashton. Your friends are worried about you too."

"Leave."

"I'm not going to let you continue smoking," I persisted. "Please don't do this to yourself."

He ran a hand through his hair before transferring his dark glare to me. "Do you see me smoking?"

I glanced at the cigarette and then felt the need to kick myself. It wasn't even lit.

"I said I'd quit, so why are you still hanging around me?" he growled. "I'm not your boyfriend anymore."

"I- I know," I whispered. "I just thought-"

"Well stop thinking about me." He was staring at me now.

My gaze dropped to the ground. "Sorry."

He dropped the cigarette on the ground. His eyes lingered on it for a moment before he sighed and crushed it under his sole.

"There. Now stop caring." He gave me another hard look before storming off.

I sighed, sliding my back down the wall until I was sitting on the ground. I tugged at a few tufts of grass as the conversation replayed in my mind. I knew that he was having a hard time but I would rather him be healthy and hate me than watch on the sidelines as he ruined himself.

I buried my head in my knees. I had fallen for him hard. Watching him from a distance was all I could do now and I knew that I would have to give that up soon.

"Liz?" Kevin asked, appearing from around the corner.

I looked up and gave him a tired smile. He came closer with a frown and stooped beside me. He picked up the crushed piece of cigarette and mulled something over in his mind.

"He's smoking again?"

I shook my head. "I think he's trying his best to quit. He was just looking at it."

He nodded. "Thanks."

"He hates me even more now," I sighed.

"He doesn't hate you, Liz."

I laughed drily. "It's okay, Kev. We're not together anymore."

I stood up and he slowly got up too. He took my hand in his and we walked away from the palace. We went around the Royal Realm and he showed me some of the places I'd never seen before. It was sad knowing that after Jackson came back, I would be leaving. I'd grown attached to this place and all of my friends here.

Touring the realm was a welcome distraction, and I had fun being with Kevin, but I couldn't avoid going back to the palace today. Jun wanted to talk to me and CaVaughn about our part of the plan. Kevin had training to do, so I trudged up the stairs to the third floor alone. I would get CaVaughn and then we'd go to the meeting together.

I let out a huge sigh of relief as I got up to the third floor. There was no sign of Ashton. Alright, just a few more steps down the hall. I was beginning to feel like a spy, sneaking around the place like this.

A door opened and I froze mid step, cursing my lousy timing. I swivelled around to see Ashton. His expression was a mixture of confusion and irritation. He pinched the bridge of his nose with a low sigh.

Should I ignore him?

Or should I tell him that I was here for CaVaughn?

No, he'd definitely want me to ignore him. I swallowed, turning back around and continuing on my way to CaVaughn.

"Liz?"

I turned around with a groan at the surprised voice that greeted me. Just great. Hailey. She frowned in my direction and her frown deepened when she saw Ashton. She crossed her arms.

"What are you doing up here?"

A wave of irritation washed through me and my jaw tightened. I didn't need to explain myself to her, did I?

She rolled her eyes. "You just can't stay away from my fiancé, can you?"

My eyes widened. "No, I was just-"

She turned to Ashton with a forlorn sigh. "Are you still seeing her?"

His eyes flickered to mine and I saw resignation dawn in his them. He sighed and then turned to Hailey with a smile.

"No."

"Are you sure?" she frowned, giving him a hug. "Because she's always around you. It makes me sad."

"She means nothing to me," he said, his voice smooth as silk. He tilted her chin so that she was looking at him. "I promise."

Hailey couldn't prevent the smile that spread across her face. Seeing them together like this, they looked like a real couple. They were both gorgeous. Ashton held my gaze for a moment before leaning down and planting a kiss on her lips.

My breath hitched in my throat as I stared at them dumbfounded. I was not prepared to see that.

Hailey giggled, moving closer to Ashton and deepening the kiss.

It felt like an out of body experience. My face turned scarlet and I tore my eyes away when Ashton started trailing kisses along her neck.

Don't get jealous, Elizabeth, I repeated to myself as I backed away from them. Ashton doesn't like you anymore. He never did.

I pressed a shaky hand to my mouth to steady my breathing. Why the hell was this affecting me so much?

Hailey threw me a victorious smile as Ashton continued to kissed her. He opened his door and the two of them slipped in, still engrossed in their make-out session. The door closed and I tried to move, but my body stayed rooted where it was. My heart was shattered all over again.

I blinked back the tears that threatened to fall. It felt as if a bandage had been ripped off my heart, leaving the wound to fester. Again, I tried to move away. I didn't want to stay up here anymore. I didn't want to know what was going on behind those doors.

A strangled gasp escaped my mouth as my head spun, remembering how Ashton had kissed her. I felt sick. I stumbled back a few steps.

A hand settled on the small of my back and I glanced up to see CaVaughn. His eyes were disgusted and angry. I'd never seen him with such a dark expression before. He tore his glare away from Ashton's room and looked at me. His eyes softened a bit and he guided me away from the room and down the stairs.

He led me to the meeting room, but Jun wasn't there yet. That was fortunate because I really didn't need anyone else to see me like this. I felt like a mess. I ferociously blinked back my tears and focused on getting my breathing even.

CaVaughn was at the opposite side of the room, staring out the window. He came over to me after I had managed to calm down considerably.

"Sorry," he mumbled, rubbing his neck awkwardly. "I'm not good with tears."

I shook my head. I wanted to tell him that it was fine and not to worry about me, but I just couldn't find the words or the voice to speak them with. Despite that, he nodded understandingly.

I leaned back against the sofa and chided myself for being so surprised. They were soon to be engaged after all so it shouldn't be shocking. It was only natural that they were like that. I just didn't think I'd ever have to witness it.

They knew I was standing right there and yet still...

I sighed, shaking my head. I just felt so confused. I had a major headache and I wanted to go home and curl up with some ice cream.

"What about the meeting?" I asked.

"It's postponed."

"But Jun-"

"Won't be coming," CaVaughn interrupted.

I pursed my lips. "Did you ask him not to?"

He cleared his throat awkwardly and nodded. "I told him to put it off for now."

"Thank you," I said, giving him a smile.

"You don't have to thank me," he murmured. "It's just my luck to be brothers with the world's biggest idiot."

"You're living the dream," I muttered drily.

He sighed. "You should probably go home. Get some rest and clear your mind."

I nodded slowly and stood up. He followed me downstairs to my car.

"Hey," I said hesitantly as I opened the door. "Can you not tell Kevin about what happened?"

"That's not for me to tell."

I smiled. "Thanks. He already has a lot on his mind."

He nodded and I waved at him as I drove off. My thoughts were clearer now, but I was still somewhat in disbelief. The fact that he would sleep with Hailey... I really would just have to get over him. Ashton was no longer my boyfriend.
----------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovelies! Thanks for reading!

Ashton and Hailey seem to be getting closer! Do you think Ashton is starting to have feelings for her?

Do you like them together? What would their ship name be?

Leave a comment and a vote❤
See you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2M 848K 81
The Highest Ranking: #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 08-Feb-18 #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 08-Jan-17 #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 21...
112K 4.1K 64
Medieval England - Year 1450: Eleanor was a poor shopkeeper's daughter whose only hope for a better life for herself and her family was to marry well...
46.3K 1.9K 21
This is book 1 of the Purponivia series ~~~Ranked #2 in planet and #3 in alienplanet ~~~ The Purponivian planet needs females to help their race to...
7.9M 327K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* πŸŽ–Featured Reading Lists: β€’@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning β€’@TeenFiction Soul Deep β€’@WattpadRoyals Fantas...