Quiescent Storms

By zil_e_qamar

||C O M P L E T E D|| || A Mafia generic story, in addition with new aspects and divergence|| ||Slow editing|... More

INTRODUCTION
PROLOGUE
~ONE~
~TWO~
~THREE~
~FOUR~
~FIVE~
~SIX~
~SEVEN~
~EIGHT~
~NINE~
~TEN~
~ELEVEN~
~TWELVE~
~THIRTEEN(I)~
~THIRTEEN(II)~
~FOURTEEN~
~FIFTEEN~
~SIXTEEN~
~SEVENTEEN~
~EIGHTEEN~
~NINETEEN~
~TWENTY~
~TWENTY ONE~
~TWENTY TWO~
~TWENTY THREE~
~TWENTY FOUR~
~TWENTY FIVE~
~TWENTY SIX~
~TWENTY SEVEN~
~TWENTY EIGHT~
~TWENTY NINE~
~THIRTY~
~THIRTY ONE~
~THIRTY TWO(I)~
~THIRTY TWO (II)~
~THIRTY THREE~
~THIRTY FOUR~
~THIRTY FIVE~
~THIRTY SIX~
~THIRTY SEVEN~
~THIRTY EIGHT~
~THIRTY NINE~
~FOURTY ONE~
~FOURTY TWO~
~FOURTY THREE~
~FOURTY FOUR~
~FOURTY FIVE~
~FOURTY SIX~
~FOURTY SEVEN~
~FOURTY EIGHT~
GLIMPSE OF PAST
~FOURTY NINE~
~FIFTY(I)~
~FIFTY(II)~
~FIFTY ONE~
EPILOGUE
SURPRISE NOTE!

~FOURTY~

1.6K 61 5
By zil_e_qamar

"I apologize for my delayed visit.How you're doing now?" I watched Andros Igor apologetically spoke out causing me to give a side glance towards Reina.She just shrugged as I again focused my attention over Andros Igor's serious expression.

Is he okay? Where's the cocky Igor?

"No need to be apologetic.I'm doing fine.Thanks for your concern." I calmly responded watching him nod his head in grateful.It's been two weeks of my stay in hospital.Now,I can move my arms and legs and my stab wounds have healed quite much. Lenna is also doing fine and she was discharged yesterday whilst I'll be off to the safe mansion tomorrow.

Well,until Lucifer is in our hostage, everyone has decided to stay over there. Also,I'll need daily treatment and check ups which can be easily done there instead coming to hospital. I thought I'll meet Andros Igor there as he visits his sister there regularly.

"How's Karine doing now?"I asked out to Andros Igor's face observing his expression shifting into an unreadable one.In Reina's earlier visit, she informed me that Andros Igor couldn't visit me as he was quite busy with his sister and her distressed mother who still couldn't visit her in the safe mansion due to security purposes. Also, he's helping us to catch Lucifer along with taking care of the allys of Soloviks and Lucifer. Overall, it's logical why he couldn't manage time for the past weeks.

Quite a hectic time for him.

"She's doing good.But,she's silent and doesn't talk much with me,which is unusual since she always shared everything with me."I heard him stiffly responding while I silently listened this words.I had decided to give therapy to everyone there after returning from that mission.

But here I'm the one, needing therapy and treatments for recovery.

"Why won't you take her back from mansion?"I asked out instead watching his face shift over my face with an uncomfortable expression."I realized that she's much comfortable there instead of tetya(aunt) hovering over here all the time in a worried and overbearing way." He lowly responded as I nodded my head understanding his words. She needs a comfortable environment and as she finds the mansion's environment comfortable, there's a better chance she'll recover there earlier.

I really don't want her or anyone of them to suffer silently for long. They don't deserve any of it.

"Does she talk with the victims there?" I curiously asked out watching him nod his head in approval."She does. She's just not opening up to me about her thoughts." He responded in a edged tone as I subtly glanced over Reina after his words.

"Reina,did you brought in Karine from the sea port that day?"I asked out as my mind hazily remembered to hear that from someone or somewhere.I watched her nodding her head in affirmation as I tried to assess Lada Karine's state from the description of Andros Igor.

She's holding back from opening up.

"You never told me that." I heard the serious voice of Igor spoking out causing my eyes to look up at the pair. I watched as Reina blankly stared at Andros Igor whilst his back of head faced me now.

Well.

"Did Karine saw your face anyhow? While you were taking her in the safe mansion?"I again asked breaking their staring contest as she again nodded her head at my words.

"When I picked her up from those containers as you had informed, she was semi aware of her surrounding. Realising that I was a women and not any man,she had cried out in relief and again lost her conscious." She tonelessly informed as I felt the tension between two of them skyrocket at her declaration.

Please I don't want to be the third wheel between them now.

"She'll be comfortable to open up to you then." I carefully suggested watching her eyes snap over me with a warning expression.Believe it or not,Reina haa a past experience in working as a volunteer in various NGOs working for the violence against women.From what I had guessed from her sublet words and gestures, I believe she herself maybe faced the situation like Karine and other victims.So, she can comfort or relate with her on the basis of her experience. Victims feel much more comfortable with someone who can connect with them from experiences. Also, in her time of vulnerability, it was Reina who gave her a ray of hope. Hence, I'm suggesting the notion.

Also, I may not be available to give her the needed attention everyday as I can get engaged in haunting Lucifer.

"You're going back tomorrow.You're much more professional to do that task."Reina sternly responded causing me to immediately stop my further words.

She doesn't want to talk about this infront of Andros Igor.

I again glanced at the back of Andros Igor whose facial expression is still unknown to me.Reina's signature blank expression is not helping the matter too.

What's actually going on between them?

"Azaleas,I believe we'll meet again tomorrow then.I'll be in the safe mansion at the afternoon tomorrow." I heard Andros Igor's voice finally spoking out as I nodded my head forgetting that he's not facing me.

"Did you met Don?"I questioned out causing both of their gaze to snap over me with a critical expression.

Well, since he refrained me from calling Mr.Ivano,I'll stick to calling him Don infront of everyone.We're a thing now, but I'll need heck of a time to call him out in his first name,in front of people.

"Do you call him that over his face?" I heard Andros Igor asking with a humourous expression causing a scowl to come over my face.My glare immediately shifted over Reina as she raised her hand in silent surrender.I'll stab her if she's the one to tell him about us.

"Oh no-no.No need to throw daggers at her. I have other sources and senses to know about you two." Andros Igor added in a smug tone as I exhaled loudly at his response.

Why does everyone loves to tease me with that man?

I heard a brief laugh pass through my ear causing a dirty look to send over Reina. I'll get back to you for it. Just wait. Your time will come Reina.

"He said he'll meet me here soon." I heard him replying to my earlier question as I huffed out in exasperation.Tyler is yet to discover about this and I'm ready to die by the mere vision of how he's going to destroy my mood.

The nightmare.

"Sorry, I got some work there." I heard the familar voice spoking out after the sound of door opening causing our focus to snap over the figure.I watched as he walked over Andros Igor and shaking their hands as a welcoming gesture.

"We were just remembering you, Don." I heard Andros Igor commenting in a light tone causing me to close my eyes for gaining patience.

Great.Just damn great.

"Is that so?" I heard him curiously asking out as I opened my eyes to divert the whole topic.

"How's Soloviks doing Igor?" I loudly asked out causing Andros Igor's face to turn towards my over eager face. Any topic rather than him and I.

"He's alive and waiting for your mighty presence." Andros Igor merrily replied at my question causing a wide grin to come across my face.I know Karl still haven't visited him.And I'm actually eager to release half of my pent up frustration over that hag.As long as my father doesn't get caught.

"Do look over him.Hopefully, I'll be as fresh as a daisy only to take back my debt from him."I merrily responded not realising what my upcoming fate stored for me.

Only if I knew earlier.

**

"Are your majesty ready?" I heard a loud voice asking out as I looked up towards the owner of the familar voice.I watched as Tyler entered inside the room with a wide grin causing me to smile back and nod my head.

Today I am getting away to fresh air of outer world instead of the these antiseptic and cleaner smells of hospital. And everyone has gathered to pick me up from the hospital despite I forbade them to not bother much about this as Karl was already here to drive me to mansion.

"Why didn't you told me earlier?" I heard him again asking out loud causing me to look over him with wide eyes. Did he got to know about us already?

"What?" I abrubtly responded in a panicked tone causing him to glance over my whole appearance with a smug expression.I was just wearing a flowy knee length and full sleeved brown summer dress as my curls remained open over my shoulders.I see no reason for giving me that look. As if I'm eloping for a picnic date with my secret lover.

"You could have told me," I heard him loudly dragging out as Max and Richard shaked their heads at his dramatic pause. I continued to look over him in apprehension as I prayed that Karl doesn't decide to appear at this instant moment.

He won't hold back to blandly inform about our relationship.

"Why didn't you told us that you wanted a alone drive with our sexy Don? We won't have persisted to pick you up then." I heard him ending in an annoyed tone causing my breath to exhale out in relief.

Thank God.

"It's not like that." I heard myself muttering out in a meek tone internally thanking every stars for saving me. I'm not ready to face an overhyped Tyler in this hospital cabin,when there's a chance of him popping in anytime.

"Did you packed everything?" I heard Ryan ask me out as he pulled up my luggage they had brought in two weeks ago from safe mansion. "I never kept anything outside. So yeah, everything is packed."I answered to his question whilst wearing my mamma's pendant sitting over the bed.

"Where's papa?" I asked out after finishing my task as I glanced over everyone.Papa was the one who insisted to pick me up from the hospital. But, he's nowhere to seen. Chris is perhaps busy with monitoring through everything to get a single glimpse of that sleazy Lucifer.Hence, he didn't come.

"Commander had tried his best to join us. But,he had something urgent came up for which he had to go." David responded in a condensing tone as I nodded my head getting up on my legs."He's sorry for not coming and said he'll return back soon to join you for lunch in mansion."I heard David adding in a gentle tone causing a smile to spread through my lips.

"Bella told me that she has made my favorite cheesecake and lots of Italian cuisines since last time she didn't let me eat." I informed in a laughter tone causing a series of chuckle to go through the room.Bella was so guilty about that matter that she cried to me about that almost everyday. Since Karl strictly restricted the rule of no food from outside for patients,she couldn't reduce her guilt by feeding me her handmade foods for the past weeks.

"I think I may not leave enough food for you." I heard a smug voice of Tyler responding out as a scowl fixed over my face.The first thing I'm to do after reaching the mansion is,to tie Tyler up at a corner so that he can't annoy me or steal my food.

"That look promises your doom Ty. Shut down before digging your own grave." I heard the familiar voice of Max warning him as he took a step back from me.

"I'm not injured enough to be unable to handle you."I informed his retreating figure with a sickly sweet smile as I myself took some slow steps ahead while placing my right hand at the pocket where my dagger lies.This caused him to stumble another step back towards the door as I heard others snorting at our war mode.

Abrubtly, the white door behind Tyler opened up causing the back of his head to snack hard with the flat surface of the door.I heard him loudly cursing out in Italian profanities as I resisted the laugh bubbling in my throat.

Everyone including me silently watched as Tyler turned towards the door ready to kill that person with his profanities.Instead,he was met with his eye candy as he remained standing at the door unmoving in his brown outfit, matching with mine coincidentally.

We really look ready to sneak away at a picnic date.

I watched as Tyler took some steps back causing Karl to further open the door and enter inside the room as I turned towards Richard to silently laugh out over his shoulder."Umm-- imsorryididnotmeantocurseoutatyou likethat."I heard Tyler muttering out something gibberish in a meek tone causing both Richard and I to almost topple over each other in laughter.

It's so hard to fluster Tyler, let along embarrassed.

"I don't understand what you said.But, I picked up the first 'I'm sorry one'.I should be apologizing for hitting your head." Karl responded to his gibberish after a brief pause as I finally turned around catching his sparkling orbs giving a once over my appearance.

He already knew that we both were fighting earlier and he also noticed the similarity of our outfits.

"Ah,no no no. It's okay. Azaleas will say the sorry. It's none of our fault." I heard Tyler rapidly responding as he turned around glaring my way.

As if.

"You yourself stumbled back like a thief got caught.I didn't pushed you." I thinly responded to his accuse while returning back his glare with the same vigour. We both continued to glare over each other as I heard a loud cough disrupting the air. Ignoring it, we still continued to glare each other as I watched Max standing infront of Tyler to block his vision of me.

"You both can continue this chicken fight at mansion.Let's depart now, it's already late."I heard the serious voice of David ordering out as I sighed out to cool down my nerves.

Tyler needs a good beating from me. He's been deprived of this for long.

"I'm not chicken. She's the fuck--- umph!oumph!" I heard Tyler's voice muffling out as Max gripped over his mouth and dragged him towards the door. Ryan and David left the room with a resigned sigh as Richard patted my shoulder to comfort me.

"I'm fine now as his face is out of my vision range."I muttered out in a relief tone as Richard silently chuckled beside me.I watched as Karl's eyes spark with humour causing me to give a dirty look towards his way.He throughly enjoys the riot Ty and I cause.

"We're waiting downstairs.Come soon." I heard Richard inform me in a suggestive tone as I watched his figure quickly walk out from the door leaving us two in a silence.

I watched him moving towards me with a smile as he looked down to fix my locket which I didn't noticed was worn upside way. I gave a wide grin towards way as he glanced at my beaming face with a fond expression.

"Do you know where papa went?" I asked out causing his face to turn grim at my question. My brows furrowed waiting for the response at the question.Chris didn't come along with others, that means something is up.

"Gabriel shortly informed me that he found a clue.He went there for investigation and said that he'll report me later in details."Karl informed me in a serious tone as I nodded my head finally understanding the rush of papa.

"I hope it's not any haux like earlier."I commented in a frustrated tone as he wrapped his arm carefully around my shoulder for consolation.For the past weeks,we had received a lot of misleading information which lead us to dead end.

With no trace of that dipshit rat.

We're still trying,Karl has went as far as placing 50 Million dollar bounty in exchange of his breathing existence. There's no way for him to escape anywhere.

"We'll know that soon."

**

"You feeling good?"I heard Max asking me from ahead as I nodded my head with my face towards the open window as my curls ruffled at the wind.I can't remember the last time my hair was open to sunlight and air like this.Not even on my childhood.I always went out wearing my black hoodie.

"Her curls are having a first outing. Let it enjoy."I heard the sarcastic voice of Tyler muttering out as I ignored his remark.He's not wrong but I'm not letting him know that he's right.

We're on our way to mansion in a latest black GMC suv as David drove the car sitting over my left,Max sitting at the passenger seat infront of me while Tyler,Richard and Ryan seated behind me.And who's sitting beside me?None other than Karl.

After joining everyone at the car, I found them all sitting on their respective places keeping the two seats behind the driver ones empty for us. I didn't missed the smug expression of everyone.I also didn't missed how Tyler was seated exactly behind me over the window side.Just to annoy and pull my curls.

Watching the car half at traffic,I again leaned away from the open window now leaning my head over the headrest.

"You want to drink something?Are you thirsty?"I heard Karl asking me in a soft tone as I closed my eyes in surrender.That's it.

"Azaleas," I heard the I-got-you over sweet voice of Tyler calling me out as I scrunched up my face in frustration.I just know that humourous expression of Karl.I can already feel his smugness from my left.

"You want me to lend you the juice bottle to quench your thirst?" I heard him whispering out behind my headrest as I opened my eyes sending a death glare towards the midnight orbed human.I watched as his face remained absolute blank letting others see how serious and concerned he is about me.

But that gaze, it's broadcasting the humour of exposing us infront of Tyler and others.God damnit. He knows how much I hate Tyler's overdramatic and pestering ass.

" No need Tyler,"I responded in the same honeyed tone now shifting my glare at his unnatural wide smiled face like joker. He continued to dance his eyebrows as his blue orbs glanced between both Karl and me with suggestive expression.

Ugh.

"Are we going somehow else?" I heard the voice of Max asking from ahead causing me to look around our surrounding outside.It looks like the way towards our home.I looked over David as he continued to drive away from the main road.

"Commander texted me earlier saying that he had left the security portal centre after checking out the information.He asked him to pick up from the Abby street.I'm driving there now."David responded to earlier question as I looked out watching the busy road disappearing behind.

"Couldn't we go there by the main street?" I curiously asked out as David increased his speed of car on the empty highway causing me to inhale the fresh air from open window.

It feels so good.

"I guess we can,but it'll take longer time due to traffic.The security portal centre is away from the busy roads and public places due to security purpose.This highway is a shortcut as said by commander.Hence,he told me to use this way." David responded to my question as I looked outside the window taking in some more air.

But, there's a certain negative feeling poking my insides causing me to take some short and deep breaths to dismiss that feeling.I'm actually having this feeling from the time I woke up on hospital.Lucifer Federico is still out there and the anxiety of unknown and what he's upto is occasionally clouding my mind in unknown fear.

Abrubtly,the car braked in the middle of the road causing me to cry out in surprise and grab the holder above to stop my body from throwing ahead at the force.With closed lids,I loudly inhaled and exhaled as my heartbeat continued to thrum at the abrupt half of the car.

After few seconds of calming down, I felt an eerie tension floating through the whole air causing my eyes to snap open glancing at my left. I watched as Karl remained stiffly seated at his seat looking ahead as his forehead vein popped against his tan skin.Following his stare, I looked ahead towards the way he was staring feeling blood drain away from my body at the vision infront of our car.

Lucifer Federico is standing a distance away from our car and infront of a cooper mustang old car.

That's not the reason my blood ran cold.

It was papa standing beside him,tied up with ropes and bomb that caused my heart to almost stop beating.

My fear is coming into reality and this time,I am finding it hard to neglect the intuition of terror of the repercussions.

~~**~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.7K 1.5K 46
"Everything of you is a non-existing dangerous drug, Natalia. And I'm addicted to it." He whispered in my ear. He brushed his nose on my neck and th...
730K 7K 16
Through the door came my nightmare in human form. I watched as he strode in with his demeaning confidence that suffocated the room. It was second nat...
594K 15.6K 35
Meet Eve Black: I decided to flirt with the guy that did it, "Heyyyy cutie," I say with a wink. "Hey, pretty lady," he says in a gross seductive tone...
90.5K 2.7K 55
What if your family expects you to get an heir for the family's empire and you make the wrong choices when it comes to women? You abduct a child, rig...