Maybe Perfect(Editing In Prog...

By Writer_Addict1205

This is the second book of the series. Though it can be read as a stand alone book. I would advice you to rea... More

Author's Note and Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 13 Part 2
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 16 Part 2
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 28 Part 2

182 9 0
By Writer_Addict1205

Shane

Dad was calling me but I didn't pick up. I knew I would break down if I talk. We were on our way to the hospital. Bryon didn't say anything nor did I. I was waiting to reach the hospital as fast as I can.

I didn't wait for Bryon as soon as we reach and I ran my way up to her room. I open the door to see Mom and Dad sitting with her. Her eyes were at the door indicating she was waiting for me. A smile appears on her face as she sees me.

I enter the room. "We will leave you two alone," Dad said softly and they left us. I walk to her and sit opposite her in her bed carefully not messing up with the several pipes and tubes poked at her.
After a few moments of silence, she says my name softly. "Shane..."

I couldn't look at her knowing I would break down any second. Knowing that I would have to leave her when this gets over. She envelops my hands in her soft tiny hands. Her hand-warming my hand as mine were cold. I was not able to speak and then she mumbles. "Shane, I don't know if I survive this but I just wanted to say I Love you and I wanted to wish you a Happy birthday in advance."

I look at her at once. It was the first time I looked directly at her since I arrived in this room. No, she has to fight back. It was so hard to control my tears. I agreed to it but How will I stay away from her?

Her eyes were watering and she bites her lips to control them from flowing. I tighten my grip on her hand."Stop talking about it. Nothing will happen to you. Promise me you will fight for us. You won't give up. You will be here with me and we will celebrate my birthday together. I hope you have prepared a gift for me." I laughed trying to lighten the mood which failed obviously.

Tears were forming in my eyes as my gaze didn't shift her face. This will be hard. Going away from her. She would hate me for this. Moreover, it would break her. I faintly smiled trying to hide my train of thoughts but she knew better.

"What's happening Shane?" She asks and I pull her in a hug as I snuggle closer to her. I rest my head on the crook of her neck inhaling her scent. The natural fruity smell she used to have was mixed with other hospital scents.
I broke down into tears.

She will hate me and the thought made me cry. I was shaken up.
I could hear her muffled cries as her tears wet my shirt. I was going to lose her forever after this.

"It's nothing," I say as she pulled back and wiped my tears but I couldn't stop them. She smiles. There's my Skyler. My strong Skyler I fell in love with. "It's fine. You said yourself there is nothing I can't fight. After I am back we need to get a new dress and a suit. We have to get married after I recover but..."

There cannot be a but. "Yeah. What but? Of course, there is a but..." I knew what she was going to tell me. There is no way I was moving on from her.

"There is a chance I won't make it."
I put a finger on her lips to stop her from completing the sentence. I nod my head as tears stream down my cheeks. You don't know, Skyler. You have to fight for me.

"Stop. Will you? You are going to make it."

She takes my finger off her lips as she held it tight between my hands."Shane, We don't have much time to speak. Listen to me." I just nod at her trying not to break down more.

"If I don't make it. I want you to be happy and find someone else."

"I can't possibly do that, Sky. Stop talking." I had known love since I met you. I can forget the person who taught me how to love. No, I can't. She said crying."Please, Shane. It will break me more to see you heartbroken if I leave. I want you to be happy. I won't be able to bear it."

"Sky, I will always love you. No matter what. Whatever be it. I will always love you." I am so sorry Skyler. I will have to go when you recover and if you don't I can't possibly move on from you.

I didn't expect things to go this way. I hug her again. I am not able to stop my tears thinking about it. It will be hard to push her away and lie about it. It will break her when she will know I married Emily and it will break me more to see her broken.

She kept wiping my tears. Her sweet voice calling out my name. I would miss this. Her brown eyes, her touch, her scent, her lips. Everything."Shane..."

"Everything will be alright."
I smile and she kisses me. I was surprised by how sudden it was then I kissed her back. I could feel the tears streaming down as I kissed her. Why did it have to be like this? Why do I have to go away from her? Why can't things be normal between us?

She rests my forehead on mine. I held her face gently as we took deep breaths in sync. I didn't want this moment to end. Can we stay like this forever? Her in my arms forever by my side.

I heard the door creak."We have to go."

"Sky, I love you. I will always be with you even when I AM NOT WITH YOU." I say to her.

"You won't leave me. I know. I will be back and this will be my gift for you." They were taking her on the stretcher as she smiles at me and I lose her touch as they take her away from me slowly.

I stood in my position as they took her away. I couldn't say anything to her. I was breaking my promises again and I had no other choice. I don't know how she will react when she comes to know she comes out of the operation theater and I have to go. I sat outside on the chair. Dad, Mom, Tyler, Taylor, and Bryon were here too.

I was numb. Every second that passed was terrifying me. Tyler held me and comforted me. All my energy was drained out. I was exhausted. I don't know how many times I looked at the operation theatre imagining somebody will come and say she is fine.

I tried to remain strong but deep down I know what I felt. After a few hours, Emily came out taking out her mask."We made it in time. The operation was successful and she is now cancer-free."

It was like my life was on my throat. It felt like a heavyweight was taken off my chest. I was so relieved I let out a sigh of relief when she broke the news.

My Sky is safe now...

She survived. I should be the happiest listening to this great news but I know I will have to leave now. Emily winks at me and I scoffed.

I couldn't stand there. I left for the washroom and looked into the mirror and tears scrolled down my eyes. I splash water in my face a few times as I looked in the mirror. My eyes were red and my face was pale. I looked terrible.

My mind raced. I couldn't give her up like that. I couldn't leave her now that everything is fine. She will hate me for this. I was heartbroken and I was angry as well. My heart had been torn out and stomped on and I couldn't do anything.

There was no life without her, it was simple like that. I would be with her forever but not physically. She made it. At least she kept her promise. I splashed water on my eyes several times.

I hear the bathroom door open but I didn't look up to see who it was.
He kneels and holds me. It was Bryon. He said softly."Shane, Skyler is shifted to the ward. We will find a way out of this soon."

"I don't know how I will live without her." I stood up to go see Skyler. I slowly open the door and look at her. She was still unconscious.

The mere thought of now leaving her after everything is fine made my heart beat faster. I went close to her and knelt on my knees and then I kissed her forehead.

I was holding her left hand in both of mine. Dozens of needles jabbed into her. I can't even imagine the pain she had gone through. She was sleeping peacefully...

"I know you are unconscious and can't listen to me. I wish I had another choice. I would do it a thousand times if I had to. I am sorry Skyler. I am sorry to have broken my promises again. I am sorry I have to leave you again. I will always be by your side but not near you. I love you. I will always love you. Maybe in another life, we can be together. I will wish for you as my partner as it seems like we cannot be together in this life. Goodbye Sky..."

Next week

I didn't want a big fancy wedding with Emily. We brought witnesses and married each other as we signed the papers. I packed all my stuff and moved into her home. There was no way I was letting her live where Skyler lived once. It's been a week since I last saw her.

Bryon had been checking on her on my behalf of me. I couldn't face her now. It would make things harder than it is. I heard my phone ringing. I had been ignoring my family for a week now. I know they would hate me for this. If only they knew. I can't ignore them forever so I picked up and said slowly. "Hello."

"Did you hit your head and lose your memory? What am I hearing in the news? Tell me this is fake."
I had never heard his voice so loud. He was angry and it was justified. This is what it is to be the CEO of a company. Nothing is private in your life and I for sure knew Emily tipped the media about the news.

"I afraid not. I moved in with Emily. I am married to her." I said softly.

"Why and when? What are you talking about? What about Skyler? This has to be a joke." He yelled at me over the phone. Dad was always a calm person. He never lost his temper. He was our shield when mom scolded us but now seeing him yell didn't surprise me. He was disappointed by my actions.

"On Tuesday. It was just all of a sudden. I realized I no longer love her. It was just a pity because of her illness." Even saying it made my heartache. I struggled to take out words that were not true.

"Then why did you propose her Shane? A week ago she collapsed at the wedding and the next day you get married to Emily and she was asking for you on your birthday and well done you got married to her on your birthday. We called you so many times yet you didn't pick up a single call or reply to any texts and the next thing we see you got married to Emily headlines all over the news.
We all know how much you hate her. Don't lie to us."

It was hard to lie to Dad but no one can know about this. I had to act like I don't have feelings for her anymore. Everyone is going to be so mad. Bryon knowing the thing was a mistake and I made him promise not to tell anyone. I can't tell anyone else.

"You cannot just play with someone's feelings like that."
Mom said and I feel my eyes watering up. She says."You just vanished after she got operated on and didn't even come to visit her once. Today you are picking up and you act like you don't care at all."

"Does she know?" I ask softly.

"Not yet. Come to me when you are back to your senses." Dad replied coldly and hanged up.

--------------------

Bryon

I never fell in love with anyone. I didn't know what it felt like but Shane and Skyler. I saw the way how he talked about her. The way he looked at her, eyes filled with love. I knew if love existed it had to be like how they love each other.

Though I wasn't here, I was in touch with Shane over the phone. He was my best friend. It used to break me when I saw him break down when Skyler suffered. I saw the fear in his eyes. Fear he would lose her. I knew he loved her so much that he cannot leave her.

When Shane told me he agreed to the agreement. I was shocked. I saw the tears in his eyes and I couldn't do anything. He loved her so much that he was ready to leave her when her life is at risk.

I don't think I would be able to love someone like he loves Skyler.
When we knew Skyler was out of danger. I followed Shane to the washroom and saw him sitting on the floor.

All the color on his face had vanished from his face and he was hurting a lot. I knew how much he loved Skyler and it will take everything from him to go away from her. I have never seen him this broken. I go close to him and kneel on my knees and hold him...

***

I told Skyler what Shane told me to say and she understood. Little did she knew. She had just got out of surgery so Shane thought it would be best if she comes to know when she is discharged.

She would ask me for him every day and I had to lie straight to her face. I didn't let her see the newspapers, magazines, or the news.

A week later when she was discharged I drove her home. On the way she was talking about how excited she was to meet him and how much she missed him. As soon as I open the door she runs into the house calling out for him.
"Shane. I am back. Shane..."

This was the time. I take out the letter in my hands and give it to her. She was so happy and smiling. She looked at the paper confused.
"I am sorry Skyler. I lied to you. Read this letter you will understand everything after reading it."

She starts reading it and the smile on her face turned to a frown.
"This has to be a joke. Come out, Shane. You can't prank me. I know you cannot do this. I know you are doing this because I prank you a lot and not listen to you but you have to do better than this." She couldn't believe it. She ran to all the rooms searching for him and I just watch her.

After she knew he was not here and his stuff was gone. I lower my gaze."I am sorry, Skyler but it is what it is." Then the realization hit her as she now believed he was gone. I saw her shivering taking deep breaths to calm herself.

I could see she was shocked. She couldn't believe all of it. She read the letter over and over again after which she couldn't take it anymore and tears streamed down her cheeks.

She fell on her knees and she covered her face. I didn't know what to do so I just hold her.
"Careful, Skyler..."

She grips me by my shoulder and she softly says. I could hear the energy drained out. "Why do people leave? First my parents, then Nana, Olivia, and now Shane. This is the reason why I don't like to get attached to people. Its just a matter of time after which they leave."

"I don't know what to say. I am here for you." I will as I was the only link that could tell Shane about how she was.

"Can you leave me alone, Bryon?"
She said softly letting go of me.

"I understand. Take care."
I wish I could tell her the truth. If only Shane didn't make me swear on him. I immediately call him as I step outside.

"Hello, Bryon. Did she read it?" He picks it up in the first ring as if he was waiting for my call.

"She is devastated. I beg you, Shane. Tell her the truth and find a way out. I can't see you suffer in an arranged marriage with that psycho neither can I see Skyler devastated like that." I finally say and Shane interrupts me.

"She can't know at all. She needs to hate me. She has to move on. What if we don't find a way out? She will never move on from me knowing the truth and I will be stuck. Either one of us has to suffer. She already has been through enough. I will do this for her." His voice was soft trying not to break down. I wonder how strong he was to do this.

Before he or I could say anything else, I heard the door open.
"I will talk to you later, Lily."
I hang up the call when I see Skyler.

"Where is he?" She asks.

"He is at..." But before I complete the sentence she cuts me off.
"Take me to him." I drove to Emily's place. This isn't going to end well it's because she still didn't know about Emily and I didn't get a chance to text Shane about it. On the way, I sneaked glances at her to see if she was okay. I could only imagine what she must be feeling.

To come out all fine from surgery fighting back cancer and then have to hear that the person she loves left her. After we reached there she asks."Can you wait here till I return?"

I nod and she gets downs the car. God, give them strength...

Shane

Who is here at this hour? I don't understand. As soon as I opened the door I was shocked. Bryon didn't tell me about this. How did she know to find me here? Then I recall my phone with Bryon. He hanged up calling me Lily.

I was not at all expecting her. It was after a week I was meeting her and I don't know if I will be able to control myself lying to her looking in her eyes. Her eyes were puffy and red due to crying. Her hair was a mess. She had lost weight. There were some stitches and bandages over her hands.

The past week I had been miserable but to see her broken was even worse. Tears collected in my eyes but I controlled them. A lump formed on the back of the throat as my voice came out low."Sky..."

"Don't Sky me. What's this? I promised I will talk to you before acting upon it. What am I supposed to understand from this? You can't push me away with a letter. Say it now if you mean this." She crushed the letter between her palms as he takes a step closer to me looking straight into my eyes as she tried to read me.

It was hard to lie to her. I couldn't form words. I could see the anger in her eyes but I also saw how she still hope this was not true.

"Skyler, I..." I could see her struggling with the words. She was still in denial. I had to do something to push her away and that's when Emily comes in and kisses my cheek. I take a look at Skyler who was confused.

I could read her eyes. I had never seen her more hurt, my heart crushed knowing I was the reason. I was supposed to be the one who should have made her happy and not let her a tear escape her eye yet now I was the reason for her sadness and it crushed me. I was supposed to be the one to mend her broken hurt and I crushed it to a million pieces.

"Hello Skyler, How are you?" She greets her with a fake smile.
Her eyes didn't seem to move from mine as she smiles at her.
"I am doing more than fine. I was just leaving."

"Come in for a cup of coffee. You didn't get a chance to come to our wedding. What can I say? Shane wanted to get married to me as soon as possible." She had already done enough. She destroyed my life and hers. My family hates me. Sky hates me. Why does she want to destroy me more and make things hard? She very well knew how to hurt her and I looked at her.

After she realized I was married to Emily, a tear slipped down her cheek. She forcefully smiles biting her lip from breaking down. Her voice was cold and stern.
"Best wishes for your life ahead. You both look great together."

"Emily..." I knew why she said that. To make her jealous and hurt her even more. I glare at Emily telling her to go in and let me have a moment alone with Sky.

"See you soon, Skyler." She waves at her and Skyler gives her a fake smile. When she was in and I knew we were alone. I take a step close to her. "Sky..."

She blocks me by raising her hand. Her voice was cold and I saw the various emotions in her eyes. She was angry, hurt, heartbroken, and betrayed

"You don't have to say anything. Everything was so perfect. It was so good to be true. It was my fault to have believed you. It was my fault to have fallen for your charms. How can I forget? You are the king of playing games and you don't lose. You won Shane. You successfully broke my heart. You proved Forever don't last. It just a matter of time. A week ago I said I love you but now I hate you, Shane..."

(What is going to happen next? Will Skyler ever come to know about the truth?  Will Shane able to hide the truth and stay without Skyler? See you in next)

        ...Thank you for reading...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

894K 22.2K 43
Nathan Parker A 24 years billionaire and a single father of 2 years old. He is cold, arrogant, rude and doesn't give a shit about any others feelings...
3.4M 98.6K 79
--------------- "Now answer my question", He speaks, this time with his serious tone. "What ?", I ask him . "Will you go out with me ?" ...
12.6K 549 10
1st book of 'The Malhotra Siblings' When she was in 9th, he was the senior of her school.. He was her brother's classmate and his bestfriend He was h...
228 5 13
Asymptotes Really...? Marriage means a lot to many... But it's just a deal to him.. just a deal that he makes out of his selfishness. Meet Alex Elrod...