Going forward and beyond {Pat...

By kurenohikari

Yes, I finally did it! A Pokemon fanfic of Ash getting serious after the Battle Frontier Arc and training be... More

I Ash's P.O.V.
I Professor Oak's P.O.V
I Pikachu's P.O.V
I Bulbasaur's P.O.V
I Jolteon's P.O.V
II Ash's P.O.V
I Dawn's P.O.V
I Paul's P.O.V
Tariner's Page: Ash Ketchum
III Ash's P.O.V
II Dawn's P.O.V
II Pikachu's P.O.V
III Dawn P.O.V
I Charizard's P.O.V
I Zoey's P.O.V
IV Ash's P.O.V
II Bulbasaur's P.O.V
V Ash's P.O.V
I Lance's P.O.V
II Charizard's P.O.V
II Paul's P.O.V
I Reggie's P.O.V
I Chimchar's P.O.V
III Pikachu's P.O.V
I Max's P.O.V
II Professor Oak's P.O.V
I Johanna's P.O.V
I Pupitar's P.O.V
II Lance's P.O.V
II Zoey's P.O.V
IV Pikachu's P.O.V
I Josh's P.O.V
VI Ash's P.O.V
I Riley's P.O.V
VII Ash's P.O.V
V Pikachu's P.O.V
I Piplup's P.O.V
II Johanna's P.O.V
VI Pikachu's P.O.V
II Reggie's P.O.V
II Riley's P.O.V
I Gary's P.O.V
II Josh's P.O.V
II Piplup's P.O.V
VIII Ash's P.O.V
III Lance's P.O.V
III Paul's P.O.V
III Reggie's P.O.V
V Dawn's P.O.V
II Pupitar's P.O.V
III Zoey's P.O.V
IX Ash's P.O.V
I Wallace's P.O.V
VI Dawn's P.O.V
I Litten's P.O.V
IV Paul's P.O.V
VII Pikachu's P.O.V
II Joleton's P.O.V
I Professor Kukui's P.O.V
III Josh's P.O.V
II Max's P.O.V
I Gladion's P.O.V
II Gary's P.O.V
II Professor Kukui's P.O.V
II Torracat's P.O.V
IV Lance's P.O.V
X Ash's P.O.V
VII Dawn's P.O.V
IV Josh's P.O.V
III Riley's P.O.V
III Piplup's P.O.V
IV Zoey's P.O.V
VIII Pikachu's P.O.V
IV Riley's P.O.V
III Profesor Oak's P.O.V
VIII Dawn's P.O.V
XI Ash's P.O.V
IX Pikachu's P.O.V
III Jolteon's P.O.V
IV Reggie's P.O.V
IV Piplup's P.O.V
III Max's P.O.V
V Zoey's P.O.V
X Pikachu's P.O.V
III Johanna's P.O.V
III Gary's P.O.V
V Lance's P.O.V
V Reggie's P.O.V
XII Ash's P.O.V
III Torracat's P.O.V
IV Gary's P.O.V
III Bulbasaur's P.O.V
IX Dawn's P.O.V
II Wallace's P.O.V
V Gary's P.O.V
V Riley's P.O.V
XIII Ash's P.O.V
Trainer's Page: Ash Ketchum (Volume II)
Pokemon Teams
Book II!!!

IV Dawn's P.O.V

3.7K 80 12
By kurenohikari

"Ah," I sighed as I watched Jessilina went up the stage and receive the one year's supply of fruit award.

Once we left Oreburgh City we marched to Floaroma Town, where my next contest would be held. Luckily, on our way, we didn't find any more trouble and had a peaceful journey. Even the news crew that had tried to follow us, previously, into the forest had stopped doing so. After Ash had snapped at them on live T.V the backlash they've gotten from the public was too big for them to risk more of their reputation for a juicy story of his private life, even the ones hounding his friends and family had backed off. In return, he had agreed to hold a couple of interviews once we reach Floaroma Town. He'll interview for a popular radio station in Sinnoh and Battler! A famous pokemon magazine that specializes in the gym challenges, Elite Four and Champions.  There will even be a photoshoot!

But that's not the issue here!

Halfway to Floaroma Town, we reached a small town that was having an informal contest. I had decided to participate and try out my newly caught pokemon: Pachirisu! I could not believe that I was already on my fifth pokemon! Almost a whole team! All of them so cute! Only, for the whole thing to explode on my face. First, Pachirisu had an attack of stage fright, and then, when things started to look good, Jessilina whipped the floor with me at the final stage of the contest.

The only thing I could be happy about is the cute Pachirisu that has recently joined my team.

"Don't look so gloomy," Ash chuckled next to me. I turned to look at him surprised, it was the first time since we left Oreburgh that he had truly smiled. Whatever Gym Leader Roark told him, had unsettled him greatly. Charizard leaving to go back to his Valley hadn't helped either. "Jessie has been doing this for two years, not to mention that she has years on her belt as a trainer. Don't feel down for losing against her."

"Jessie? I thought her name is Jessilina?" I asked him, confused.

"Jessilina is her stage name, her husband, James, comes from a rich family, so they decided to keep a low profile while she competes, as not to attract attention." He explained.

"So, that's why she uses a mask," I commented, having thought of it as strange.

"Yeah, they are old friends. They decided to visit me." Ash told me. "They will be joining us for a picnic later. If you are up for it, of course."

"I am!" I exclaimed, excitedly. Meeting an older and more experienced coordinator from who I could learn, count me in! "Will they be joining us on our way to Floaroma Town?"

"No, they only decided to pass by and say hi, James has some business on the Solaceon Ruins. So, Jessie will be entering the Solaceon Town contest instead." Ash answered. I sighed in relief at hearing those words. At least, I won't have to face Jessilina at the Floaroma Contest. "Just because Jessie won't be there, it doesn't mean there won't be another good coordinator there."

"I know," I sighed. "But you can't fault me for being relieved!"

"I won't," he chuckled. "But one day, when you are more experienced and stronger, you will crave that challenge." He informed me. "Until then, you better take note on what you did wrong... even, then you better take note and improve."

"Note to myself: train Pachirisu in front of big crowds at informal events, as to not have her freeze during a real contest." I joked back but still meant every word.

"Good!" Ash laughed with me. "Have you decided which pokemon you'll use at the Floaroma Contest?"

"Yes, I'll use Oddish at the performance stage and Aipom at the battle stage," I answered him.

"Mm, good choices." His comment made me preen in pride.

"Nee, Ash. Can you tell me what has gotten you so sad lately?" I tried to approach the topic carefully, as we walked towards the park by the Pokemon Center. By the way, both Pikachu and he tensed, I didn't do a good job at it. "I'm sorry! I know it's not of my business... but..."

"No, it's fine." Ash sighed, smiling slightly at me. "You see... have you ever heard of the legend of Aura Guardians?"

"Yes, it's a pretty popular fairy tale story in Sinnoh," I answered him, confused as to why he would mention it.

"Well, in Kanto it is almost unheard... only Pewter seems to have an idea of what they are. In fact, the only reason why they have a slight idea of the legend is because of a small kingdom that it's at the frontier of the city." He began to explain. "Maybe you've heard of it: The Rota Kingdom."

"Eh! Isn't that the kingdom in which you were knighted?!" I exclaimed, still shocked by the fact that I was traveling with a knight.

"Yes," Ash murmured, this time dejected. "Honestly, I am more bothered by the fact that Rota knighted me than by finding out I was knighted without my knowledge. I don't even mind that the Mirage Kingdom knighted me... but Rota..."

"Why is it such a big deal that Rota knighted you? Didn't you save their precious Tree of Beginning alongside Sir Harrison, Dame Maple, and Sir Maple?" I inquired, puzzled as to why he looked in so much pain.

"I didn't save anyone!" He shouted, startling me and our pokemon. Pikachu, Jolteon, and Piplup looked at him shocked. I flinched at his tone; he had never raised his voice at me like that. I calmed down when he turned to look at me with guilt clear on his face. "I am so sorry, Dawn." He apologized, calmer this time.

"It's ok," I replied, taking a deep breath. "Can you tell me what's going on? I'm very lost right now."

"I... I better explain everything from the beginning." Ash sighed. He has been doing that a lot lately. "My friends and I had decided to pay a visit to the Rota Kingdom after our journey through Hoenn..."

He then proceeded to tell me the heartbreaking story of the adventure that had had the biggest impact on Ash and helped to shape him the most into the responsible and hardworking Ace Ranger he is today. He told me about Lucario and Sir Aaron, of the pain and desolation he felt at losing Lucario right before his eyes. Of how Lucario had sacrificed himself for Ash and how Ash couldn't bring himself to mourn him correctly. Of how, he hated this power, called aura, he possessed, for being the reason he had lost Lucario, and Lucario had lost Sir Aaron, for.

"Ash..." I murmured stunned.

"I couldn't tell anyone back then..." he sighed. "What would I tell them? I'm sorry you guys got dragged into this mess and almost died, but I need you to hear me cry and complain about being a freak and having lost Lucario."

"Ash!" I exclaimed, shocked at his words. It was then that I noticed the real Ash Ketchum.

He was a strong and hardworking Ace Ranger, who put the safety of others before his. A kind and loving trainer, that put his pokemon before himself. Someone who put a cheerful and smiling front, when all he wanted was to cry, so, he wouldn't worry others. He was someone who, even if he put a confident front, still had doubts and insecurities. He was my big brother... but he was human, nonetheless.

"You know, I've always known you were a twerp." I snapped my head to the right, only to find that the one who had spoken was a Meowth. I was too stunned by the speaking pokemon to defend Ash. "Lucario's death wasn't on you. What were you supposed to do? You had no idea of what aura was before that whole mess. You couldn't have helped. And for being a freak, well... welcome to the club."

"You know Meowth, you have the best comebacks I've heard." Ash chuckled, drily, eyes watering so slightly.

The lady with pink hair took fast strides towards us, it was then that I realized that the adults besides the Meowth were Jessie and James, and hugged Ash, who started to cry his heart out. His heartbreaking sobs pained me, but I also knew that Ash needed to finally mourn his dear Lucario and let go.

"Young lady, can you tell us what brought this on?" I turned to my side, to notice that the purple-haired man and Meowth had approached me and were looking at Ash worriedly.

"It seems that Gym Leader Roark's childhood friend is an Aura Guardian, and he is interested in training Ash in the way of the aura. He'll be waiting for us at Eterna City for Ash's answer." I answered, automatically.

"Ah, that's not good." James sighed. "The fight at the Tree of the Beginning wasn't easy on any of us... we just had never thought it would have been that bad for Ash."

Once Ash had calmed down, thanks to whatever comforting words Jessie had whispered in his ear, we all sat down on the table picnic James and Meowth had prepared. We let our pokemon out and prepared their food, before sitting down ourselves. I looked worriedly at Ash, who simply smiled comfortingly at me, reassuring me that while he was not fine, he will be.

I felt so mad with myself at that, he shouldn't feel the need to comfort me when he was crying his heart out half an hour ago. It was then that I decided to become stronger, to be someone Ash could rely on as well.

"I see a couple of new pokemon and a few of them having evolved," Ash commented, clearly trying to change the topic of conversation.

Turning towards the pokemon group I could see: a Wobbuffet, a Seviper, a Dustox, a Yanma, an Arcanine, a Mime Jr., a Cacturne, a Chimenco, and a Carnivine. Meowth having opted to eat with us. I had to use my Pokedex to know what most of them were.

"Yeah, before coming here we decided to visit my family's vacation house. There I found Carnivine's Poke Ball and had Sebastian help me obtain my Chimenco and Growlithe back, who it was time to give him a firestone and help evolve. As for Cacturne, after finally having time to focus on his training, he had evolved pretty soon." James answered Ash, cheerfully.

You could clearly see how much he loved and cared for his pokemon. Even by letting Carnivine bite his head without complaining.

"On our way here, from the vacation house, I found Yanma," Jessie explained, almost haughtily. "We just fell in love, I had to catch her!"

"I'm happy for you, guys." Ash smiled at them, but his smile looked so sad.

"Now twerp, don't go all sad on us!" Jessie growled, pulling him towards her and messing up with his hair. "This should be a celebration! I won! So, you better be happy!"

One would normally think of her as selfish for her comment, or too self-absorbed. But I noticed her face relax when Ash laughed. It seems that all she wanted to do is lighten up the mood and make him laugh.

I, also, smiled and started to ask her for advice on contests. More relaxed now that I knew Ash has people to rely on and to have his back, both in fights and personally.

I just hoped the meeting in Eterna City will be resolved peacefully.

A/N: 

Ladies and gentlemen! The contest is finally closed! And the winner is option D!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 5K 97
After the events of Pokemon XY&Z, Serena decides to go to Kanto with Ash to compete in Pokemon contests. While they're in Pallet Town, however, they...
31.7K 341 13
Ash has just lost in the Indigo League, due to his Charizard's disobedience. As he and Pikachu are thinking things over by a lake, they are sure in f...
178K 2.3K 46
This is rewritten from 'Meeting An Old Friend'.But I want to make it a different.
33.5K 1K 17
Ash Ketchum who had a ordinary life a trainer till kalos league only to things go upside down as he lost everything in a moment only because he posse...