Mistaken For A Guy

By Porshford

Having to bear a name that resembles that of a guy when in actual fact you're not one has its own effects. ... More

WELCOME FELLA 🤝🏻
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
The Chapter nobody asked for...

Chapter Eight

391 24 8
By Porshford

    Sam Lewis 💫

My heart was threatening to rip out of its cage. Check up the word screwed and you'll find my name there.

Shared bathroom?! Oh god...

  "Man, you okay?"Jordan asked and I nodded too immediately.

I am very not okay.

  "You lookin' pale all of a sudden,"he observed and Samuel also nodded in agreement.
  "Is it the sharing a bathroom with the entire floor thing?"

He guessed right. So freaking right.

   "Oh, not at all,"I lied."I'm just feeling a little homesick."

False.

The guys gave me concerned looks and Jordan patted my shoulders assuringly.

     "It will be fine, Sam. Besides I think we're rather gonna enjoy life here than y'all think,"Samuel tried to lighten the mood, bumping his fist to each of us. I plastered a fake smile.

If only they knew how silently I was freaking out...
  I shouldn't have gone along with this dumb plan. I certainly shouldn't have allowed Ivy sweet talk me into this!

Too bad, it's late to make amends. I had no option than to face it. Whatever the disguise came with.

But this was really killing me!
By the gods, why did the whole floor have to share a bathroom?
Staying in this facade is going to be harder than I thought.

~~~~

In the late evening, I was totally done with packing and tried to make myself comfortable.

My roommates had all gone out to have supper at the school's restaurant.

They had asked me to join them but I politely declined, saying I wasn't hungry which was partly true. The real reason I didn't join them though was that I needed time to myself. An alone quiet time to collect my thoughts and plan ahead.

I snuggled comfortably in the bed with a bottle of orange juice and some cookies I'd brought from home. I was so into my own world that I didn't instantly hear when my phone started ringing.

   "Ivy?"I whispered in my normal voice after swiping to answer.

     "Don't Ivy me! What was the first thing I told you to do once you landed on the school's ground?"

   "Shit. See I'm sorry? I forgot but I was just about to call you–"

"Don't you dare lie to me. Do you know how long I've been on edge?"

   "How long?"

"Twenty fucking minutes!"Ivy screamed and I pulled the phone away from my ear for fear of damaging my eardrum.

I sighed. "Sorry girl,it wasn't deliberate."

   "I'll pardon you but if it happens again, I'm gonna come get you and skin you alive. Have I made myself clear?"

   "Yes madam. So... are you in school right now?"

   "No, not yet. My pops and I are still at the airport."

   "Ooh okayy. When is the flight due?"

"Thirty minutes from now. What's up tho, how's the going?"

"Bad. I think I made the worst decision of coming here."

"Oh crap! Someone figured you out already?"she whisper yelled.

I shook my head,"no, no. It mightn't be long tho. Can you freaking believe that the entire floor shares a bathroom??"

  "Holy shit! First of all Sam, I'm sorry for coming up with this plan and second,we have to figure out how we'll deal with that. Try studying the time the guys usually take their bath and be ahead of them..."

I listened attentively as she explained and finally when she said their flight was in, I bade her safe journey with a promise to keep in touch.

    The noise in the whole building didn't seem to have lessened one bit.
The boys were really boisterous.
   I just hope I'd adjust pretty soon and tolerate this trait.

I seized a book from the bedside table and pretended to be reading when my roomies reentered. There was nothing to read at the first place. The book was just as empty with ruled lines.

   "Hey Sam!"Samuel hollered,"Making yourself at home already?"

   "Yeah, yeah,"I said in my male voice. It must be noted that anything I said from now onwards will be in my fake voice unless stated otherwise.

   "You sure you're not hungry? The restaurant's still opened,"Jordan said as he walked to my direction.

  "I'm not hungry, thanks."

Goose bumps! Please don't come any closer...

He hopped on my bed grinning boyishly."Top bed is actually very nice, should've chosen this spot."

I rubbed my nape, praying he didn't notice how flustered I got at the close proximity.

   "What're you reading?"

"Oh, nothing!"I shut the book and tossed it to the table. "I was... I was just about to sleep."

"By this time? You chicken?"

"What? No, no. Had a long drive y'know."

He nodded convincingly. "Where are you from?"

"NYC."all this while, propping in a sleeping position. I could sense he wanted us to talk but I was simply not up for it. I feared I might embarrass myself if I continued talking with him. I usually became psychotic and a blabbering mess when I came across fine specimens.

Detecting the mood, Jordan got off, patting my shoulder. "Goodnight man."

   "Guys I'm off to the shower,"Jordan enunciated, throwing a white towel around his neck.

   "I'm not the bathing twice type,"Samuel waved flippantly,"can't they like just, make bathing pills or something?"

They laughed, shaking their heads at his blunt shamelessness.

Samuel grinned with a nonchalant shrug.
    "What about you buddy. Wanna take a shower?"

  "I'm cool. I don't see the point of taking a shower right now when I'm still gonna take one tomorrow morning."

Ivy did say I should think like a boy.😌

"Wow I didn't imagine that coming from you." Jordan chuckled, watching me in surprise. "I'm off men."

     "Aight, enjoy the shower J." Samuel said.

I laid silently on the bed, listening to Samuel and Chris chatter about some famous footballer and his amazing skills.
The Samuel guy was really a talkative, everyone could tell easily. Chris was easygoing and had the gentleman aura.
    And Jordan was... well I couldn't exactly place a finger on his personality but one thing was for sure: He was devilishly hot.

Like,real hot.

He had this toe-curling smile that set my insides ablaze. His eyes were a deep shade of blue, very beautiful and left one in a state of daze by one stare. Was a bad idea I shared the bed with him.

   Sighing, I turned on my side to glance at the window where silhouettes of roaming people was not at all scarce.
With the level of ongoing noise, I wouldn't put it past residents of the neighborhood to come yelling at us.

    "Gentility House is noisy!"a male voice suddenly boomed from downstairs.

The floor silenced.

   "Are you kids? What kind of life is that?!"

"Let me just get one person and use as a scape goat."a female voice bellowed.

The complaining adult voices faded with distance then an authoritative voice came from the intercom.

"All freshers are to meet at homeroom at exactly 8AM tomorrow. Gentlemen, turn off your lights, goodnight."

"Turn off your lights,hey!"the female voice from earlier yelled,"room 4, room 7, room 10, what are you waiting for?! Let me just use someone as a scape goat..."

"Shit, quick! Turn off the lights,"Samuel said in urgency as Chris crept out to do just that.

  The door creaked opened,a bare-chested Jordan emerging in.

Bare-che— what?

    "Geez this school is something else,"Jordan whispered and we hummed in agreement.

"It's like a goddamn boarding school, you'll see." Samuel added.

For real. I didn't think colleges were like this?

    "Goodnight guys,"Chris yawned.

   "Night night,"We chorused simultaneously and the room went silent save for the rustling from Jordan's locker where he stood.

  Actually, the whole house had grown ghostly quiet right after the rebuke.

With the lights out, the room would've been totally pitch black if not for the shimmering moonlight that penetrated through the blinds, causing a light glow in the otherwise dark room.

Jordan shut the locker and walked towards his bed. My breath instantly hitched. Man, put your freaking shirt on...

He whistled lowly to himself, combing his hair to a sleeping style.

I ogled creepily at his physique and man, was he ripped! The moonlight highlighted a transcendental glow on him, making him look like the sex god himself.
I was so caught in a trance, running my eyes along his biceps, toned chest and highly developed set of abdominal muscles. I didn't bother wiping my drool.

To my utter disappointment, Jordan flopped down to his part of the bed, whipping out of my sight.

Yes I said disappointment and I'm not ashamed coz damn!

Something crossed my mind. I didn't need to be distracted by Greek gods!

I really needed to do this...

I grabbed a notepad, uncapping my pen. I had to make my own rules and adhere responsibly to them.

Number 1. Always plan ahead. Keep to yourself all the time.

Number 2. No crushes. Absolutely NO crushing on any of the guys. Most specifically, no crushing whatsoever on Mr. Piercing Blue eyes– Jordan.

I emphasized on the second rule with red ink, making straight dashes under it.
I sighed in satisfaction. I can now rest. As time goes on, I'd add up on the rules but for now I'll be devoted to sticking on rule number 2.

I set an alarm on my phone before shutting my eyes and waiting for sleep to engulf me.

 Oh my, what a day it has been!

__________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159 91 48
Jake is the most popular guy in school. But when he has to live to live with his father his life changes forever. Meet vic. The most invisible perso...
Cecilia By Anastasia

General Fiction

18.2K 475 24
Cecilia's father, a well-known and successful lawyer, was tired of her problems. Tired of the issues she had been causing for the family and it's nam...
15 1 15
i wrote this story a decade ago when I was still in college. A girl named Sam whose family alwags is moving fromnplace to place looking for the right...
98 0 30
Alex is sent to boarding school cause he keeps getting expelled and his parents are over it so they send him to boarding school. He's anxious about e...