The Things We Do :: Dream SMP...

By partiallyhuman

You were never one for change. For half your life, all you've done is keep your head down and never reach up... More

𝙳𝚎𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚜
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟷
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟺
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟼
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟽
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟾
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟿
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟷
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟹
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟺
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟻
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟼
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟽
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟾
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟿
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟷 - 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚋𝚞𝚛'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟸 - 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚋𝚞𝚛'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟹 - 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟺 - 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟻 - 𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚕'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟼 - 𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚕'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟽 - 𝚂𝚌𝚑𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚝'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟾 - 𝚃𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚘'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟿 - 𝚃𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚘'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻𝟶 - 𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚜

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟾

8K 305 160
By partiallyhuman

"See, if I just claim power I'm no better than Dream. But, I can just be elected into it instead!"

You pulled up a chair, placing it opposite Wilbur and sitting down.

"So, let me get this straight. You want to have an election, with you as the only running party?"

"Good plan, right?" he said. "We run, we close the polls right after announcing they're open, I become president!"

"Ok, look, I'm not saying you're a bad leader, but that's a shitty move," you remarked. "I mean, you should at least give others the chance to run."

"Come on Y/n, do you really think someone will step up?"

"Well, yeah," you replied bluntly. "Quackity, he seems to have a lot of opinions on how you're running L'manberg. And you should really listen to Fundy more often. He has a lot to offer."

Wilbur rolled his eyes. "Have some faith in me."

"If you think that's the best way to do things, then go ahead. The citizens probably won't be happy when they realize you've basically seized power for yourself, though," you told the brunette.

"When he's what?" Quackity's voice spoke behind you, entering Wilbur's office and glancing at the papers.

"It's nothing," Wilbur said quickly, trying to put them away. Quackity grabbed one and read over it.

"The first L'manbergian Election... Politicians of Gaming Party, what the fuck, Wilbur?!"

Wilbur sighed. "It's just to consolidate power, Quackity, it really isn't a big deal."

"It isn't a big deal?" Quackity repeated incredulously. "Doing a government takeover? This is borderline- this basically is tyranny, Wilbur!"

"If you're so worried about it, why don't you run yourself?"

"Fine! I will!"

"With who?" Wilbur said with an eyebrow raise, leaning back in his chair.

"I'll find someone," the Mexican said. "Not like you have someone behind you anyway."

"Can't you read? Pres. Wilbur Soot, running mate Tommy Innit." Your head snapped to Wilbur's.

"You're telling me you're having a sixteen-year-old run for vice president?" you asked disbelievingly.

"He's been a good one so far," Wilbur retorted.

"He's had at least three near-death experiences in the last year, on top of having to deal with his own things!" you exclaimed. "The kid's had enough to deal with already!"

You ran a hand through your hair, heaving out a breath. "I'm heading out for now, you two can figure this out," you stated plainly. You left Wilbur's office, nodding at Quackity on the way out.

As you unknotted the lead keeping Mist waiting, you decided to go to Niki's newly-built bakery. You could use some time to relax.

You kept up a fairly quick pace, grabbing a water bottle from your bag and taking a quick sip. It took just over ten minutes to get to your destination. You hopped off Mist and came into the shop with your satchel slung over your shoulder.

"Y/n! The usual?" Niki asked warmly. She was dressed in a black crop top, camouflage-pattern shorts, and a long, unzipped grey jacket, with an apron draped over the outfit.

"Yup, thanks!" you responded. The blonde girl nodded, taking out a piece of paper.

"Coming right up!" She handed you the paper with the date along with the words "Order 026 - Y/n" scribbled onto it, and you slid a small pile of coins onto the counter.

You took a seat at an empty table and removed your f/c jacket, stowing it in your bag. Your order was called out fairly quickly, probably because of the small amount of customers in the bakery.

Thanking Niki for the food, you sat back down and took a bite out of your food. A few minutes passed by, and Tommy slid into the seat opposite you.

You quickly swallowed your food. "Hey Tommy," you greeted.

"Hi Y/n," he nodded in response, cracking open a can of soda. "You look rather odd today. What's going on?"

"Do you know what Wilbur has planned?" you asked.

"What do you mean?" the blonde said. "The election?"

"Mhm."

"I do. I'm his VP, pretty cool right?"

"So you agree with what he's doing?"

"Agree?"

"Agree that rigging an election is fine?"

Tommy paused. "Well- not that. But Wilbur's a good president, y'know? It would be weird not having him as one."

"I guess," you mused.

Somehow Tommy had drained the entire can of soda during your conversation, and went to throw it away.

"Well, woman, I'm going to see what Wilbur's up to. Catch you later!" He pushed the bakery door open and stepped outside.

"Oh, he's with Quackity right now in his office," you called after him. Tommy shouted a quick thanks and ran off. I should get that kid a horse.

-----

Over the course of the next week, advertisements and promotions began popping up all around L'manberg. Apparently there was some sort of debate happening soon? All that you knew was that Wilbur asked you to moderate it, and you didn't have anything to do, so you accepted.

Your eyes were drawn to the two posters placed near each other by the docks, and you stepped closer to look at them in more detail.

The first one, with elegantly written cursive and an image of Wilbur and Tommy, was placed on the leftmost spot. It read, POG2020. Wilbur Soot and running mate Tommy Innit. Stand by the president. You were still partially concerned - well, fuck it, very concerned - about the fact that Wilbur chose a teenager as his running mate.

You moved onto the next one, which had a bold uppercase font and pictures of Quackity and George. Wait. George? You had no idea how that got through, but regardless, it said Let's back SWAG2020, the people's choice! Quackity HQ and running mate George Notfound.

You'd also heard talk from Fundy that he might form his own party. That would be quite awkward for Wilbur, but what happens happens, you supposed.

You turned around, about to leave, when you saw an unfamiliar face. He grinned, one hand set on the wall, and spoke.

"So, who might you be?" he questioned in a cocky tone.

"Y/n. And you?" you replied.

The stranger chuckled. "Jonathan Schlatt. Everyone 'round here calls me Schlatt."

You gave him a slight nod, taking in his polished appearance and distinguishable ram horns that protruded from his head. "I see. Well, Schlatt, what brings you to L'manberg?"

He glanced at the posters beside you, red irises glinting eerily. "Dear old friend Wilbur called me in for a favor. Now I know what it is, though, I might have to repay it another time."

Your own e/c eyes glanced at him, the poster next to you, to the ground, then back at him. Your eyebrows raised just the smallest amount.

"I'll take my leave now. 'Twas the pleasure meeting you... Y/n." He smirked slightly before nodding at you and walking away.

That was weird.

You stayed in the docks for a little while, making small talk with the few people that walked up to you and listening to the conversations of those that didn't.

Your thoughts strayed back to the mysterious Schlatt as you returned to your house.

What an intriguing personality.

-----

1192 words (without a/n)

Header by @/koopa-arts on Tumblr

SAD-IST'S HOG HUNT ANIMATIC OH MY GOD I AM ASCENDING

Moving on from that, thank you for 50k! Y'all are wonderful and I love looking through all the comments. Make sure to vote, comment, and/or follow if you like what you're seeing! Bye!

-Partially Human

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

561 31 14
-----PAUSED AT THE MOMENT. READ CHAPTER "Sorry!!!" FOR MORE INFORMATION.----- **ALL STORIES DISCONTINUED FOR THE TIME BEING** Also being revised a li...
23.9K 1.1K 36
• BOOK TWO OF THE KAIIDTH SERIES! ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ - ''You know, I'm kind of against planning things out.'' Dream said bluntly, leaning back to rest his...
305K 9K 37
"I know what it's like to be used! ...and so do you. Stay with me, please." A story in which the reader becomes a Technoblade apologist. ===== Cover...
2.6M 85.4K 54
𝒐𝒐𝒐 ┊Offline! *ੈ✩‧₊°* With a traumatic past that separated her from her best friend, What happens when Maisie finally reunites with him years late...