𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞...

Per ScribblingQuills

☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ (Harry Potter x Fem! Reader) ❝ 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬, 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 �... Més

Author's Notes
Prologue
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Sirius Black?
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Tea With Buckbeak
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Boggarts & Butterbeers
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ First Outburst
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ The Fall & The Map
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Just Play Along
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ In The Snow
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Expecto Patronum?
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ The Stag & The Chaos
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Anger Issues
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Obscurus
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ It All Makes Sense
Author's Notes
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Burrow
Y4 .。.:*☆ Several Arrivals
Y4 .。.:*☆ Better Than A Veela
Y4 .。.:*☆ Y/N's Confession
Y4 .。.:*☆ Beauxbatons & Durmstrang
Y4 .。.:*☆ Potter Stinks
Y4 .。.:*☆ Read The Room
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Felt Feelings
Y4 .。.:*☆ Chosen
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Woollen Hat
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Task & The Aftermath
Y4 .。.:*☆ That Rita Skeeter
Y4 .。.:*☆ Live On
Y4 .。.:*☆ Too Good At Goodbyes
Author's Notes
Y5 .。:+*✧ Living With A Marauder
Y5 .。:+*✧ Love, Isn't It?
Y5 .。:+*✧ Grim Old Place
Y5 .。:+*✧ Hogwarts Again
Y5 .。:+*✧ A Rocky Start
Y5 .。:+*✧ Scars & Secret Meetings
Y5 .。:+*✧ D.A. Fights Back
Y5 .。:+*✧ Punishments & Pebbles
Y5 .。:+*✧ I Gave You My Heart
Y5 .。:+*✧ A Victorious Valentine's
Y5 .。:+*✧ It's Just a Game
Y5 .。:+*✧ Night Changes
Y5 .。:+*✧ The Baffling Battle
Y5 .。:+*✧ Part of a Prophecy
Author's Notes
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A New Beginning
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Your Wish Is My Command
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Birthday Surprises
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Trouble At Tryouts
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Draco & Pansy
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A Hell of a Ride
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Falling Apart
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Christmas Company
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A Match to Remember
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ The Reconciliation
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Out in the Meadow
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ The Unplanned Mission
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Dumbledore's Demise
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Until the World Ends
Author's Notes
Y7 .。.:*༄ Harry's Arrival
Y7 .。.:*༄ Our Last Summer
Y7 .。.:*༄ Planning & Hiding
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Capture
Y7 .。.:*༄ They Think You're Dead
Y7 .。.:*༄ Scamander on the Loose
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Doe
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Lovegood Fiasco
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Escape
Y7 .。.:*༄ Pipette Widows
Y7 .。.:*༄ A Battle Begins
Y7 .。.:*༄ Fire & Destruction
Y7 .。.:*༄ The End
Ten Years Later

Y5 .。:+*✧ Escaped & Captured

95.3K 2.8K 40.8K
Per ScribblingQuills

A/N ~ Stuff getting more serious rq- but I promise the fluff with return after the chaos is over.

Enjoy the twice a week updates x

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

"Nine days down, one to go!" Ron let out a huge and satisfying sigh, as he threw himself onto a velvet armchair beside the fireplace.

"Don't talk to me, I'm unresponsive." Y/N said sharply.

She had her face buried in a pillow, as she lay on her stomach on the long sofa next to Ron's armchair.

"Come on, it wasn't that bad," Hermione said, shrugging slightly, as she and Harry sat down on the floor in front of Y/N.

"Says you," Y/N said in a high-pitched voice, as she rolled over on her back and stared blankly at the ceiling. "and Merlin, we've got Defence Against the Dark Arts tomorrow..."

"Hand?" Harry said, reaching out for Y/N's hand. She frowned for a second but finally gave it to him.

Immediately, Y/N's bracelet and Harry's ring illuminated pink.

"Helping?" Harry asked, grinning at her cheekily.

"You're adorable." said Y/N flatly, grinning at him, making Ron roll his eyes. "I just want to sleep... forever."

"So dramatic," Hermione said, grinning, as both Y/N and Ron rolled around in their spots tiredly. "Astronomy wasn't even that bad..."

"Yes it was, I won't be able to sleep tonight." Y/N declared, slapping her hands on her face. "Jupiter's stars will be haunting me."

"You know, you can always come sleep with me," said Harry quietly to Y/N, careful not to be heard by Ron. "I know you like it when I hum you to sleep, it might help."

Y/N smiled, as Harry slowly rubbed his thumb against her knuckles.

"I don't like it when Ron snores," Y/N said back in a louder voice.

Ron whipped his head around and glared at her, making her start to chuckle.

"I'm only kidding," she laughed.

But just as Ron opened his mouth to respond, a round brown owl zoomed through the window of the common room and landed chaotically on Y/N's stomach.

"AHH!" Y/N exclaimed, as she jolted up from her lying position and accidentally swatting her owl, making him screech loudly. "Out of all the ways you could've gotten my attention, Bamboo-!"

"Y/N, he's an owl," Hermione said bitterly, as Y/N scooped her owl up and placed him on her shoulder.

Ron sniggered as the the brown owl dropped a neatly folded letter onto Y/N's lap.

"Who's it from?" Harry asked, trying to contain his laughter as Y/N glared at her owl while she unfolded her letter.

"Remus... and Tonks," Y/N said, her eyes darting through the neat handwriting on the letter. She cleared her throat and read it out loud,

"Dearest Y/N,

Hope your OWL exams are going alright-"

"No. No they're not."

"Ron!"

"What, Hermy?"

"Shut up!"

"I'm not telling any lies-"

"-anyway," Y/N threw a look at both Ron and Hermione. "let me continue...

-we know this might be an unfitting time, since Dumbledore is gone and all, but we really hope you actually try your best with these exams. Tonks nearly didn't get her job as an Auror because of her low OWL results (she hit me for writing that so you're welcome).

Rolf told me you haven't been visiting your father at all, which is alright. Just know you can always write to us, or the Weasleys. We're all a big family now.

Tell Harry to keep practicing his Occlumency, it's really important. To keep him safe. Be a good kid, don't get yourself into trouble, it's almost the end of your school year, you'll manage without mischief.

Lots of Love,

Remus (and in a messier handwriting) and Tonks x"

"Aw, cute letter from mum and dad, huh," Hermione smirked.

Y/N grinned at the letter once more, before folding it carefully into her bag.

"Wait!" Harry suddenly jumped to his two feet.

"What?" Y/N and Ron blinked at him blankly.

"My Occlumency lesson with Snape starts in five minutes!" Harry exclaimed, throwing his bag over his shoulder.

"You still have to go?" Ron asked with a frown. "it's exam day."

"I have to go every Monday, remember?" said Harry, adjusting his button-up shirt, before turning to Y/N. "get some rest, alright, Niff? Don't have to wait for me."

He bent down and kissed her forehead gently, making the pink gem on her bracelet flicker again.

"But Snape won't keep you for long, right?" Y/N shouted after him, as Harry took off towards the portrait hole.

"Maybe!" he shouted back, as the portrait swung close behind him.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

It was nearly nine at night, and Y/N was walking, fast, through the corridors of the ground floor of Hogwarts.

It wasn't normal for Harry to be kept that late, especially when Snape knew they had exams tomorrow morning.

She quickly sped up her walk and turned a corner to a brightly lit corridor, only to gasp and nearly trip on her own foot.

A dirty blonde Gryffindor first year boy was sitting on a bench in the corridor alone, sobbing.

His hands were hidden under his robes and his face was glazed with tears, as he cried silently to himself.

Y/N's eyes were slightly wide. She didn't know if the boy saw see her or not.

"Um... h-hey," she said hesitantly, taking a step forwards. They boy suddenly looked up, now definitely noticing her.

He sniffed loudly and drew out his hands to wipe away his tears.

Then, Y/N got a glance of the back of his right hand.

Bright scarlet letters were carved into his skin and blood seeped out from the wound.

"S-Sorry!" the boy squealed faintly, jumping up from his seat. "Your a p-p-prefect, aren't you? P-Please don't take away any house p-points, I'll go to b-bed right now-!"

"Shhh- hey, hey, it's alright, I'm not a prefect," Y/N said assuringly, walking towards the boy and putting a hand on his shoulder, motioning for him to sit back down.

"Am I in t-trouble?" the boy asked quietly.

"No, no, it's not even past curfew yet." Y/N said firmly. "You should sit down."

The boy nodded silently and sat back down, gripping his wrist and gritting his teeth in pain.

Y/N looked at him sympathetically, before slowly sitting down next to him.

"Now... what's your name?" Y/N asked hesitantly.

"Michael..." the boy replied. "your Harry Potter's friend, aren't you?"

"Well... er- something like that-" said Y/N, giving Michael a weak smile. "I'm Y/N. I... I have that too,"

She brought up her hand and showed Michael the faint white words forming the sentence 'I must not tell lies' on the back of her hand.

But the sight just made Michael sob even harder.

"It stays?" he cried, "I don't want mum to see it, I don't want dad to be mad about it!"

"I- I guess that's how wounds work-" Y/N found herself stammering. "look, it won't stay forever... it'll heal eventually."

She really didn't know what to say.

"Really?" Michael said faintly, wiping the tears off the bridge of his nose.

"Yeah, but don't worry about how it looks- or how it will look," said Y/N, "does it hurt badly, right now?"

"W-Well..." but before Michael could answer, the sound of a wand dropping to the floor echoed, from the end of the corridor.

Y/N looked up and frowned.

"Whoever's eavesdropping, my best friends are prefects," she said loudly, making Michael chuckle slightly.

There was a moment of silence, but after a few seconds, Fred Weasley's head popped from behind the corner of the wall, followed closely by George's.

"Y/N?" they chorused.

"What are you two doing?" Y/N demanded, as the twins came out from their corner.

They were both in striped pajamas, and Fred was holding what looked like a cat cage.

"Putting a Niffler in Umbridge's office," George shrugged casually, but when his eyes fell on Michael, he frowned curiously. "why hello,"

"H-Hi," Michael whispered, sniffing loudly.

"Oh... what's wrong, kid?" Fred asked gently, squatting down in front of him and Y/N, looking at Michael with a soft expression.

"He got into detention with... Umbridge." Y/N explained, showing them the back of Michael's hand.

"Oh, I see..." George nodded, taking a seat on the bench on Michael's left. "what's your name?"

"M-Michael..."

"Michael, it's going to be fine." George said assuringly in a quiet whisper.

"Yeah, it's not as bad as it seems." said Fred. "See- ours is fading already,"

Fred brought up his left hand, revealing the light pink letters on his skin.

"The pain stops after a while," he continued with a gentle smile. "tell you what? I'll nick you some Essence of Murtlap to help heal the wound tomorrow..."

"Hem-hem,"

All of them jumped slightly from the sickly voice of Dolores Umbridge.

They all whirled around to the other end of the corridor and glared, as the woman in bubblegum-pink pajamas smiled at them horrendously.

Y/N, Fred and George quickly stood up and stepped forwards boldly.

"As I told you before," Umbridge snarled, "naughty children deserve to be punished."

She gave a high-pitched sugary chortle, before turning around and walking away, grinning to herself.

Y/N glared after her, still standing and staring as if she was ready for Umbridge to return.

"You know George," Fred said from behind Y/N, once Umbridge was completely gone. "I've always felt our futures lay outside the world of academic achievements."

"Fred, I've been thinking the exact same thing..."

Y/N looked back to see the twins smirking mischievously.

She had no idea what they were thinking, but, as usual, she trusted them with whatever illegal thing they were planning to do.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

"Harry! Harry, thank heavens-"

"Y/N, what are you doing here?" Harry said breathlessly, whirling around to see Y/N catching up behind him, panting slightly. "It's almost past curfew."

He had just came back from the dungeons and was just about to climb into the Fat Lady's portrait hole.

"Exactly- I was worried sick!" Y/N panted, examining Harry's face. "You look like bloody Crookshanks whenever I accidentally step on him."

She let out a sigh of relief, before pulling him in by the shoulder roughly and wrapping her arms around his torso.

Y/N could hear his heart race and his body shudder as she rested her cheek on his shoulder, closing her eyes in much relief.

"Why did Snape keep you for so long?" she asked quietly.

Harry let out a sound between a shudder and a sigh.

"I... I was..." He sounded breathless as well. "I saw something- I wasn't supposed to see... Niff, I don't think I'm going back there again-"

"Shh, we should go inside-" Y/N pulled away from Harry's arms and took him by the wrist, leading him into the busy common room.

Every fifth year was already asleep, but everyone else seemed to be cheerful-looking.

Once Y/N and Harry slumped down onto the armchair next to the fireplace, Y/N could now see clearly that Harry was paler than ever and was visibly shaking.

"What the hell did Snape do to you?" Y/N asked, her mouth agape, as she stared at Harry's wrecked state.

"N-No... he didn't do anything..." Harry said, shaking his head. "he did... nothing- Y/N, he didn't do anything-"

"I've heard you the first time," said Y/N, frowning at Harry slightly. "tell me- I mean, only if you want to- tell me what happened... when you're ready."

Harry thought hard, staring at Y/N's worried expression- he noticed she was already in her bedclothes.

The way she was gripping his hand as if she was afraid he'd sprint off if she'd let go...

She must've really been worried sick.

Harry nodded, pulling her into his arms so she was lying on his chest that rose and fell heavily.

She adjusted herself in his embrace and pulled her feet up from the carpet, nestling her head on his shoulder.

As his breathing started to slow down to a normal pace, he told her all about his evening.

How it started off normally, with Snape digging into his mind and seeing what he was seeing in his Voldemort dreams: the door to the Department of Mysteries, Y/N, and a swirling crystal ball.

Then, he told her Snape had to leave for a while because of some issue in the corridors.

Then he described the pensive on Snape's desk- how he saw a silver blue memory floating in it- and the next moment, he was in it and seeing all of it.

"It was Snape's worst memory. I just know it. And i can't blame him." he said firmly.

Apparently, from what Harry'd told Y/N, his father, James, was nothing but a bully.

As a fifth year, he'd repeatedly hex Snape just because he simply existed.

"I understand why Snape hates him now," Harry said painfully, feeling his heart physically ache.

His father,- the James Potter everyone told him was the greatest man and bestest friend...

"Don't say that," Y/N whispered scoldingly. "your father might've been a bully, but he'd improved himself into a wonderful husband and a-"

"My mum hated him, too." said Harry. "even more than she hated Snape... I'm starting to think she was forced into their marriage-"

"Don't you dare, Harry Potter." Y/N said heatedly. "I've grown up with your parents' stories- Remus told me all about them and they were-"

"Y/N, admit it." said Harry, "Every horrible thing Snape said about my father was true."

"You're really siding with Snape, huh," Y/N scoffed, not believing her ears.

"Maybe I am," Harry said quietly.

"The man that torments his students quite literally every day?" Y/N snarled, pulling loose from Harry's embrace. "At least James had some character development-"

"You don't know that!" Harry exclaimed, also backing away from her.

"You don't too-!"

"See, this is why I didn't want to tell you in the first place!" Harry bellowed. "You'd just make a fuss about it!"

There was a moment of silence.

Harry could hear his heart beating against his chest.

Y/N was looking at him blankly, no longer in his arms or even touching him in anyway.

"Oh?" she whispered, biting her bottom lip spitefully. "I'm making a fuss out of this? Well that's news, Harry Potter,"

She could see the regret slowly creeping onto Harry's face, as she looked at him as if he'd stolen her Easter egg.

"I- I didn't mean that." Harry whispered.

"I know." Y/N said sharply.

"You know I didn't mean it-"

"I'm not going to fight with you because of some memory of our Potions master's." Y/N said bitterly.

"Niff, I really didn't mean it-"

"I've heard you the first time." Y/N said cooly. Harry opened his mouth again, but quickly shut it. "and I believe you.... so what're you going to do next?"

"W-What do you mean-?"

"About the memory." Y/N replied. "Are you going to keep it to yourself?"

"Oh... I'm going to ask Sirius about it." Harry said slowly, glancing up at Y/N unsurely. "when we see him again..."

"Good." Y/N said swiftly, "because I'm not letting you mourn over it until you know the truth."

Harry nodded understandingly, before looking up and gazing at Y/N right in the eye.

She blinked at him for a second, before shifting her gaze to the floor.

"I'm sorry... for yelling at you" he said quietly.

"Harry..."

"C'mere,"

Y/N hesitated for a moment- but when she saw his look of pure guilt and the subtle pink glow form his ring, her expression softened and she returned to lay in his arms.

"Be careful with that mouth of yours sometimes," Y/N muttered, resting her head on his chest tiredly.

"Says Y/N Scamander," Harry whispered back- and Y/N knew he was grinning. "but just so you know- for the future-"

"The future scares me-"

"-whatever idiotic words come out from my stupid mouth, it's not going to change the feelings I have for you, ever."

"Is that so?" Y/N peeped down at the glowing pink ring on the hand caressing her cheek. "Pink is your favourite colour, I see..."

"Flattering yourself, Y/N The Pebble?" Harry grinned, before closing his eyes and kissing the top of her head. "I truly don't know what I'd do without you."

"And you'll never know... well- until one of us dies, but that'll take forever." Y/N said sleepily, as she felt her eyes drift shut.

And she really meant it... whatever was going to happen to Harry (and she knew that a lot was to happen), it'll happen with her by his side.

Until the very end.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

"What are you so happy about?" Hermione demanded, looking unbelievably at Ron's bright beaming face.

"It's our last exam session," Ron sang, skipping past Hermione for the sixth time.

"It's Defence Against the Dark Arts," Hermione fussed, "it's my weakest subject-"

"You don't have a weak subject," Ron snapped. "honestly, when will you ever realize you're Hermione Granger?"

Hermione blushed, obviously taking it as a compliment.

Meanwhile, Y/N and Harry were busy quizzing each other quietly in the corner.

Harry felt like Defence Against the Dark Arts was a subject he was actually great at, so he really wanted to give it the best of him.

Suddenly, amidst the fifth year's low muttering, the door of the Great Hall creaked open, and out came Dolores Umbridge.

Everyone fell silent.

"I forgot she was proctor," Y/N mumbled to Harry bitterly, as the Headmistress' ugly smile came into view.

"Welcome, fifth years, to your Defence Against the Dark Arts written exams." she said, in a crucial sugary voice. "Now, stay silent and follow me,"

She turned around dramatically and led the fifth years into the Great Hall.

Rows of tables were set instead of the house tables like it had been for the past two weeks of exams.

Y/N wondered over, found her name on a table close to the entrance- only one seat to Pansy Parkinson's right, and sat down.

She looked over at Pansy, and regretted it almost immediately.

The Slytherin girl caught her gaze and rolled her eyes so heavily that Y/N could swear she heard it.

Pansy'd stopped chasing after Harry, now that she'd harshly confessed to Y/N about her issue with Malfoy.

But why was she still acting like that?

After all, it wasn't really Y/N's problem Draco Malfoy is an ungrateful little-

"You may begin," Umbridge said, clapping her hands together.

Y/N jumped slightly, but quickly gathered herself and picked up her quill.

She bent down to stare at the first few questions on the sheet in front of her, slowly grinning as all the answers sprouted into her mind easily.

A quick hour passed by, and Y/N had a really good feeling about her Defence Against the Dark Arts grade.

The practical exam went by very smoothly, and the written exam slipped by easily.

After finishing off her last question, Y/N finally put down her quill and looked around.

Ron was gripping his head, scribbling onto his paper violently, Hermione was writing calmly, Pansy was chewing on her lip thoughtfully, and Harry was done.

She caught his eye and grinned, giving him a thumbs-up like he always did when she played Quidditch.

Harry smiled back, biting his bottom lip slightly, before sending her his iconic thumbs-up back.

Then, quite suddenly, there was rumbling from outside the hall.

Everyone froze and whipped their heads back to the double-doors of the Great Hall.

Umbridge, who was only smiling seconds before, was now frowning with frustration and confusion.

She strutted across the hall, her heels echoing the silence, and pushed open the double-doors with all her might.

She stepped out and looked left and right as if she was trying to cross a busy road.

And as a sizzling firework spark whizzed passed her nose and bursted in the Great Hall, Y/N had to hide her face in her hands to snigger mischievously to herself.

She knew exactly what was going to happen.

And as if on cue, there was a scream from Umbridge, and two tall figures zoomed into the hall, chuckling and throwing fireworks from their brooms.

There was a gush of wind, and all the papers from every desk flew into the air, as Fred and George threw even more fireworks into the air.

"HAHAHAAA!" They yelled triumphantly.

The room burst into cheers and everyone got out of their seats to beam up at the commotion.

Y/N bursted into laughter, standing up from her own seat and clapping for them loudly.

She spotted Harry and ran along to his side and they both cheered, while Fred and George flew in circles around the Great Hall, dropping more fireworks aimed mostly at Malfoy and the Slytherins.

Even Hermione was giggling, and Ron was laughing impressively.

Malfoy was being chased by a spark and Pansy was shrieking non-stop.

Umbridge had came back into the hall, gaping and looking beyond offended- and when Fred and George spotted her, they chorused,

"Ready when you are!" before throwing what looked like an extremely big Christmas cracker into the air.

It bursted into even more fireworks, that formed a very large dragon.

Y/N knew that it was going to be aimed at Umbridge.

And in a split second, Umbridge seemed to realize that too.

She let out a pathetic yelp, before turning around towards the entrance of the hall and running as fast as she could (which wasn't really fast).

And with a loud snap, the firework-dragon seemed to have swallowed her, and Umbridge's proud wall of proclamations fell miserably to the ground.

Everyone in the hall bursted into cheers and laughter.

"WOOHOOOO!" Fred and George whooped, as they dashed out of the hall and out of the courtyard.

Harry quickly grabbed Y/N's hand and they raced the rest of the class into the courtyard, where Fred and George bowed dramatically from above, on their brooms.

Not long after, the courtyard filled with students from every house and class, creating a very large crowd.

"STOP THEM!" shrieked Umbridge, as she followed the students outside- but it was too late.

"Give her hell from us!" Fred yelled at the crowd, with a pleased smile on his face.

"We won't be seeing you, headmistress," George told Professor Umbridge

"Yeah, don't bother to keep in touch," Fred added.

"If anyone fancies buying a Portable Swamp," George said in a loud voice, "as demonstrated upstairs, earlier, come to number ninetythree, Diagon Alley- Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes,"

"Our new premises!"

"Special discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they're going to use our products to get rid of this old bat," added George, pointing at Umbridge.

Fred and George wheeled about to tumultuous applause from the students below and sped out into the glorious sunset.

"They've opened their shop!" Y/N said excitedly to Hermione, "after years- oh Merlin, those two deserve everything,"

"They really do," Hermione said admiringly, still clapping for the twins.

"But where in the world did they get the money from?" Ron joined in, grinning and clapping like the rest of them. "Mum doesn't give us pocket money."

"I think it's from Harry's Triwizard money," Y/N said brightly.

"From what?" Ron and Hermione exclaimed.

"Oh... oh shit," Y/N bit her lip. "shouldn't've told you that..."

"Please tell me you're kidding!" Hermione said, shaking her head. "tell me she's kidding, Harry... Harry?"

"Don't tell me he's having another Voldemort episode," Y/N laughed, looking back- but her smile slipped right off her face. "Oh... Har- Harry?"

Harry was staggering in his spot, with no smile on his face.

His eye lids were drooping and his breathing was picking up again.

And then, he fell backwards onto the ground, causing the Slytherins behind him to back away in disgust.

Y/N, Hermione and Ron looked at each other, before rushing his side and kneeling down.

"Harry, we're right here." Y/N said calmly, putting a hand on his shoulder.

She knew if Voldemort was really in his mind, no one was able to stop him.

After a short pause, Harry seemed to have snapped back into reality.

"Come with me," He said quickly, grabbing Y/N's hand on his shoulder. "Come on, quick!"

He led them back into the castle, along the first-floor corridor, peering through doorways, and up the changing staircases.

Y/N could tell by how hard he was gripping her hand and how his mood ring was glowing bright emerald green that he was extremely worried.

"Voldemort's got Sirius." he finally said, when they were far away from the people.

"What?"

"How d'you-?"

"Saw it. Just now. When I fell to the ground."

"But- but where? How?" said Hermione, whose face was white.

"I dunno how," said Harry. "But I know exactly where. There's a room in the Department of Mysteries full of shelves covered in these little glass balls- row ninetyseven..."

"What's Sirius doing there?" Y/N asked breathlessly, as her head became dizzy from the sudden news.

"He's trying to use Sirius to get whatever it is he wants from in there," Harry explained, "he's torturing him... says he'll end by killing him!"

Harry found his voice was shaking, as were his knees.

He stopped walking for a second and let go of Y/N's hand, trying to master himself.

"How're we going to get there?" he asked them.

"Floo, but we have to work quick before Umbridge comes back." Y/N said firmly.

There was a moment's silence.

"G-get there?" Ron said.

"Get to the Department of Mysteries, so we can rescue Sirius!" Harry said loudly.

"But- Harry..." said Ron weakly.

"What? What?" said Harry.

He could not understand why Ron and Hermione were gaping at him as though he was asking them something unreasonable.

"Harry," said Hermione in a rather frightened voice, "how did Voldemort get in to the Ministry of Magic without anybody realizing he was there?"

"Does that matter!" Y/N bellowed, her voice filled with worry.

"The question is how we're going to get in there!" Harry chimed in.

"But... Harry, think about this," said Hermione, "the Ministry of Magic must be full of workers... Voldemort and Sirius are probably the two most wanted wizards in the world."

"I dunno, Voldemort has his ways!" Harry shouted. "Anyway, the Department of Mysteries has always been completely empty whenever I've been-"

"You've never been there, Harry," said Hermione quietly. "You've dreamed about the place, that's all."

"They're not normal dreams!" Harry shouted in her face. "How d'you explain Ron's dad then?"

"He's got a point," said Ron quietly, looking at Hermione.

"But this is just- just sounds unlikely." said Hermione desperately. "Harry, Sirius' been in Grimmauld Place all the time."

"Sirius might've cracked and just wanted some fresh air," said Ron, sounding worried.

"He's been desperate to get out of that house for ages-"

"But why," Hermione persisted, "why on earth would Voldemort want to use Sirius to get the weapon, or whatever the thing is?"

"I dunno, there could be loads of reasons!" Harry yelled at her.

"You know what, I've just thought of something," said Ron in a hushed voice. "Sirius's brother was a Death Eater, wasn't he? Maybe he told Sirius the secret of how to get the weapon!"

"Look, I'm sorry," cried Hermione, "but neither of you is making sense, and we've got no proof for any of this. Y/N, back me up-"

"Hermione, please," Y/N said in a quiet whisper, stepping towards Hermione so that she was the only one who could hear her.

"Y/N-"

"He's Harry's only family," Y/N whispered.

Hermione looked at the green in both Y/N and Harry's accessories and back at Y/N's worry-filled expression.

"Okay," she said, looking frightened yet determined, "I've just got to say this-"

"What?"

"Harry," said Hermione fiercely, "Dumbledore wanted you to learn to shut these things out of your mind. If you'd done Occlumency properly-"

"IF YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO ACT LIKE I HAVEN'T SEEN-"

"Sirius told you there was nothing more important than you learning to close your mind!"

"WELL, I EXPECT HE'D SAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT IF HE KNEW WHAT I'D JUST-"

"Hey,"

Harry, Y/N, Ron and Hermione whipped around.

Ginny walked into the corridor, looking curious, closely followed by Luna, who as usual looked as though she had drifted in accidentally.

Lastly, Rolf, who looked utterly confused, with part of his robes burnt from helping Fred and George with the fireworks.

"Um..." said Ginny uncertainly. "We recognized Harry's voice. What are you yelling about?"

"Never you mind," said Harry roughly.

Ginny raised her eyebrows, but Rolf was quicker.

"There's no need to take that tone with her," he snapped, "we were only wondering whether we could help."

"Well, you can't," said Harry shortly.

"You're being rather rude, you know," said Luna serenely.

Harry swore in frustration and turned away.

"Wait," said Hermione suddenly. "Wait- Harry, they can help."

Harry, Y/N and Ron looked at her.

"If this is a trick of Voldemort's, Harry, we've got to check, we've got to." she said firmly.

"How?" Harry demanded. "How're we going to check?"

"We'll have to use Umbridge's fire and see if we can contact him," said Hermione, who looked positively terrified at the thought. "We'll draw Umbridge away again-"

"And we can help." said Rolf, and Ginny and Luna nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, we'll do it," said Ginny, and Luna said,

"When you say 'Sirius', are you talking about Stubby Boardman?"

Nobody answered her.

"Okay," Harry said aggressively to Hermione, "Okay, if you can think of a way of doing this quickly, I'm with you."

"Right," said Hermione."Right, well, one of us has to go and find Umbridge and- and keep her away from her office. They could tell her- I don't know- that Peeves set something off."

"I'll do it," said Ron at once. "I'll tell her Peeves is smashing up the Transfiguration department or something, it's miles away from her office."

"Okay," she said, her brow furrowed as she continued to pace. "Now, we need to keep students right away from her office while we force entry."

"Luna and I can stand at the end of the corridor," said Rolf promptly, "and warn people not to go down there because someone's let off a load of Garrotting Gas."

"Ginny and I will guard the other end," Y/N said firmly, and Ginny met her eye and nodded.

"Okay," said Hermione. "Well then, Harry, you and I'll sneak into the office and you can talk to Sirius-"

"He's not there, Hermione!"

"I mean, you can- can check whether Sirius is at home or not." Hermione corrected herself. "I don't think you should be in there alone."

"I- OK, thanks," Harry muttered.

"Right, well, even if we do all of that, I don't think we're going to be able to bank on more than five minutes," said Hermione, "with Filch and the wretched Squad floating around."

"Five minutes'll be enough," said Harry. "C'mon, let's go-"

"Now?" said Hermione, looking shocked.

"Of course now!" said Harry angrily. "Sirius is being tortured right now!"

"I - oh, all right," Hermione said desperately. "but we have to move- now."

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

"Good thing this corridor's empty all the time." Ginny said, as she and Y/N arrived at the end of the corridor in front of Umbridge's office.

"How long d'you think they'll take?" Y/N asked her anxiously, pacing around the spot.

"Dunno... five minutes, I guess." Ginny shrugged, crossing her arms and leaning on the wall. "we'll just have to wait... how were your exams?"

"Hmm? Oh..." Y/N was surprised by her sudden change of topic. "just finished our last one- before Fred and George came bursting in."

"They're absolutely brilliant sometimes," Ginny chuckled, "or rather- most of the time... all the time."

Y/N met her eyes and they grinned at each other, before bursting into laughter.

"Hey, how are you and that Conner bloke?" Y/N asked, grinning at Ginny.

"Oh, Mike and I broke up," Ginny said casually, still laughing from the Fred and George comment.

"Oh! I'm sorry," Y/N said sympathetically. She knew how much Ginny admired Michael Conner. "but do tell me the reason... do I have a Ravenclaw boy to murder?"

Ginny chuckled hollowly, pushing her silky red hair from her face.

"It was nothing, really..." she looked at the floor, still smiling softly. "he was being a dick about Ravenclaw's loss and kept shaming our players. I confronted him and he yelled at me- and went to comfort Chang right after."

"I see, so I do have a boy go murder." Y/N said cooly.

"Anyway..." Ginny smiled. "after one shot, I'm not wasting my time over a guy ever again."

"Well- maybe you just need to find the right person," Y/N said, giving her a small smile.

"Yes, I know." Ginny nodded. "I am aware that there's someone out there. You're lucky to already find your person, though."

"Harry James Potter." Y/N smiled weakly. "I do definitely think he's my person- but i'll never know if I'm his or not."

"Well, I do," Ginny scoffed loudly. "If there's one person that's Harry's person, it's you, Y/N. And everyone can see that. His one out of billions- his pebble, or whatever."

"You know about that?" Y/N laughed, shaking her head.

"Ron's educated me," Ginny chuckled. "I don't think anyone can beat the amount of love Harry has for you. I don't know love, but that's love, alright. And you two bloody deserve it."

Before Y/N could stop herself, she stepped forwards and brought Ginny into sisterly embrace.

She knew it might not be the best time, but those words Ginny said really helped with the doubts that Y/N's been having.

"You're going to find your pebble, Gin," Y/N said over Ginny's shoulder. "i'll make sure of it, and you'll be happy, and i'll be happy."

Ginny grinned to herself and hugged Y/N back tightly- Y/N and Hermione were like the sisters she never had.

However, her smile immediately slid off her face as she saw the three figures standing behind Y/N.

"Don't come here!" Ginny said urgently, letting go of Y/N.

Y/N turned around and to her horror saw, in front of them, Draco Malfoy, Pansy Parkinson and Dolores Umbridge.

They all had a look of uneasy triumph on their faces.

"There's Garrotting Gas in this corridor," Ginny explained desperately, "you'll suffocate if you walk past it, Professor-"

"What are you doing!" Y/N exclaimed, for Malfoy had burst into laughter and seized the front of her robes.

"Let her go!" Ginny's voice hardened, but Pansy Parkinson merely laughed and got hold of her arms. "We're doing nothing wrong! We're warning you-!"

"Like how Mr Weasley warned me about Peeves' false attack in the Transfigurations department," Umbridge chortled, gesturing to the other end of the corridor.

To Y/N's double-horror, Ron, Luna and Rolf were also held by three other Slytherins, struggling and stomping desperately.

They were all gagged.

"LET THEM GO!" Y/N spat, staring at Luna's tiny figure being practically strangled by Crabbe.

Rolf seemed to be yelling loudly, trying to kick Crabbe, even with a stuffed mouth and secured arms.

"Gag them too," Umbridge ordered Malfoy and Pansy.

Both Ginny and Y/N reached for their wands, but Draco and Pansy seized them out from their robes, too.

"Not too fast, pretty," Pansy sneered, pointing her wand at Ginny's throat as she tied a piece of cloth tightly around her mouth.

At this point, Ginny was yelling and swearing and trying to stomp on Pansy's foot as hard as she could.

"Stay still or i'll make you!" Pansy screamed into her face, which Ginny returned with a long disgusted glare.

"You don't want me to hurt you, Scamander," Malfoy snarled, as he tied a pice of cloth around Y/N's mouth and secured it tightly.

Y/N was too afraid to even look at Malfoy straight in the eye for many reasons.

For one, he had his wand pointed at her throat, but also for some stupid reason, she wanted to prove Pansy she really deeply despised him.

"Now, follow me," Umbridge said delightedly, "we've got a boy to expel and an old wizard to catch."

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

A/N ~ For those of you asking for more drama... have we forgotten about sixth year? ;) Much drama awaits.

Guess what happens in the next chapter though...

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

1.2M 27K 47
You are Harry Potter's twin sister. At the Dursley's, you two are excluded, hidden, denied everything. But at Hogwarts, you have friends, a real fami...
1.7K 103 29
❝ "God, Lestrange, you're so fucking annoying, you know that?" "Oh, I'm annoying?! You make me want to pitch myself off the astronomy tower! I fuckin...
73.8K 2.2K 75
"I used to think you were just a bully. But I'm coming to realize you're merely misunderstood." (ch. 27) Brianna Locousa has sworn to hate Draco Malf...
9.3K 2.8K 51
"𝑌/𝑁 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡 , 𝑠ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑆ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑒𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒" 𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑢𝑛𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑒...