Light of Mine (RusAme)

By Amaura1406

"Good is such a strange word, don't you think? You think that you're good and I think that I'm good, but we b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 - Meet the Author

Chapter 50

2.5K 89 258
By Amaura1406

Ame's P.O.V

"Did you know something was going on with them?" I screamed.

"No! What would give you that idea? America, if I knew something was up before, wouldn't I have called you and told you?"

"What if you're already on their side? What then? You wouldn't have told me then!" I growled.

There was silence for a moment, too long of a moment.

"Ha, so you admit it."

"What- No! I never knew about her hitting Massachusetts or any of the others."

"Canada, do you really think it's a stretch if she's blown up an entire building, sacrificed two of her members, and was willing to risk Mexico dying for good, does it really come as a surprise to know that she's been abusive?" I pointed out.

Canada was nearly speechless on the other side of the line.

I was currently in the bathroom and I was trying my best to be quiet, but I was failing miserably.

My anger clouded my mind, so that it was the only thing that I could recognise. My arms and hands twitched, as I awaited a response from the person on the other side of the line.

Clearly, I was taking my anger out on my poor brother, but I didn't really care at that point. Sure, going outside helped a little, but it only masked my true feelings that I felt; betrayal, destress, and rage.

"I swear I had no idea!" Canada frantically spat out. "I would have done something to stop it if I knew what was going on. I wouldn't just let them get beat up by that brute, especially without her receiving any consequences for her actions."

"You need to trust me on this one, America." Canada pleaded. "You know the type of person I am. I would do anything for those kids. I wouldn't touch a piece of hair on those kids' heads with ill intent. Please...you got to believe me."

"I-I..."

I didn't have the guts to face him after that, nor the words to express what I felt like.

I was sorry, that was for sure, but I was also something else.

It was as if there was this bubble in my chest that hasn't popped yet. It was quite uncomfortable and I wanted it gone. It felt like a spiked ball that was poking my ribs and threatening my lungs.

"America, I can't really place myself in your shoes or see through your eyes, but I know that you must be feeling a lot of doubt, because of all of them. That's gotta be hard on you and your head. I mean, I can't imagine you not being affected by this. You are calling your brother a liar when we've been through so much together." Canada told me in one of the most sincere voices that I've ever heard come from.

"I'm just, I guess I, listen I know-" I tried to say what I was feeling then, but the right words could never connect themselves.

Canada was silent, while I struggled to say something to him, "I, uh, um...I'm sorry." I finally managed to sputter out, then I hung up.

I closed my eyes and pressed my back against the bathroom wall, as I slowly slid down the smooth, chilling surface. There seemed to be more than a million thoughts trapped within my mind, but I couldn't express a single one of them.

What's the point of words when you couldn't use any of them?

After lingering on the wall for more than what would be considered a normal amount of time, I regained my foothing and stood up.

I opened my eyes, looked at the mirror, and saw a husk of the person I once was. Instead of peppy, dedicated, or satisfied, I saw an individual who had been drained of all things that made him happy.

I flipped my hair up and held it with one of my hands, and grazed my eyes upon the few stars I had. They were easy to count now, whereas before I lost count a few times.

There were thirteen, one less than yesterday.

I sighed and let my hair fall back into place. I never liked seeing that one of them left me, but it was addicting to count how many stars I had left. I couldn't stop it, no matter how hard I tried, or how many times I called, or even how many times I barged into my own home to see them.

My head was filled to the brim with pessimistic thoughts and it was about to overflow.

I turned off the light in the bathroom, opened the door, and closed it behind me.

Russia's house was dark at this time. There was no sunlight, no lights, and no glow of a fire to illuminate the blackened hallways. I could barely make out my own hands in front of me, as I grasped onto the wall for support.

I scooted my way down the halls, like an inchworm that was seeking shelter. Each step I took was with care and thought, I didn't want to wake anyone else up, so I kept quiet.

Once my hands reached the end of the wall, it opened into a large room with no walls to comfort me. My feet stumbled over each other and landed on the hardwood floor. I cautiously stepped forward, but rammed into something cold.

"Ack!" I yelped, as I grabbed onto whatever I was falling on.

After I gathered myself, I reached my hand forward to feel what exactly I had tumbled over.

I instantly knew that it was either the couch or the chair in the living room, because of the leathered seats that only they possessed.

I moved around the arm of the piece of furniture and took a seat on it's cushion. I relaxed my back against the soft backing of the chair, and frowned.

I needed a distraction, a distraction from my own thoughts. Just something to make it hard to think, because thinking was making the thoughts in my head worse every second that they lingered there.

I looked around the pitch black space in hopes that my eyes could catch onto something that would help me in some way.

Over there? No, there was nothing over there. Maybe on the fireplace? I couldn't see anything on it.

On the table? I looked down in hopes of finding something. My eyes scampered around, as they tried to adjust to the lack of light.

Aha! My hand reached out and plucked what I saw up off of the table. I fumbled with the object for a few moments, before I finally found the power button.

The remote in my hands made the TV above the fireplace turn on. The blank, black screen was suddenly flooded with colors, and the room around me was encased with the sound of people talking.

I couldn't understand any of it, since the people on screen were all talking in Russian, but from the looks of it, I guessed that it was the news, or a replay of what they had discussed last night. The lady at the table was talking and had some images near her head.

The only thing that I could be sure of was that the images weren't from Russia itself, because I could actually read some of the signs in the picture.

Then, the picture was suddenly not a picture any more, it was a video. People rushed into the street, like a never ending wave of pushing and shoving. They consumed anything and everything in view, including shops.

Some of the people were holding up signs with words on them that spelt out 'Improvement over familiarity!' or 'We've reached our peak, it's time to upgrade!' and other stuff along those lines.

My eyes were glued to the changing video and the people who were conducting it. I was certainly distracted from my thoughts alright.

It stayed that way for who knows how long. The topic changed once in a while to adjust back to what was going on in Russia, but it mainly focused on the mob of people in some other part of the world.

"Vhat arrre you doing up zhis earrrly?" Someone yawned. I instinctively slammed my fingers down on the power off button to the remote control and nervously chuckled when my eyes met up with Russia's.

"Nothing! Just watching TV." I answered a bit too quickly.

I heard several footsteps make their way over somewhere, before my eyes were flooded with a blinding light. I slammed my eyelids shut for a few seconds, before I pried them open.

"Rrreally? In all zhe time zhat I have known you, you neverrr watched zhe news." Russia pried. He took a seat in the open space next to me. "So, what is it rrreally?"

"I, uh..." I stammered, as I let an uncomfortable silence fall over the both of us. "I did, um, actually watch the news."

"Vhy?" Russia asked. "Vhy vatch zhe news? It is in my language, so you can not even underrrstand it..."

"I guess I just, uh," I fiddled with my thumbs and looked down. "Needed a distraction."

Russia raised one of his eyebrows, "Vhat frrrom?"

I shrugged, "From life in general. I called Canada earlier after I got very upset over what the toad did to my little girl, and accused him of knowing about it before it happened." I laughed a bit. "Now that I say it out loud, that sounds really stupid. Canada went there before it happened, Massachusetts even said so. Wow, I'm dumb."

"I do not blame you, it has happened many times beforrre, so it is not unrrreasonable zhat you feel zhat vay." The more exhausted of the two of us sided.

I sighed, "But my reason is so stupid, there's absolutly no way that he could know. If he did, the damned piece of furniture would be in a coma, or, better yet, dead."

"Still, all of us know zhat historrry rrrepeats itself, so it vould not be a surrrprrrise if zhat vas zhe case." Russia stated.

"Wow, you're more pessimistic than me." I joked, as I elbowed him. In return, I got a small grunt and an eyeroll.

"So," Russia attempted to start up a conversation. "Vhat vas even on zhe news?"

"Um, I'm not really sure actually." I responded. "I mean, like you said, it was in Russian, so I didn't catch onto most of it. However, there was this video of what seemed to be a rebellion of sorts."

Russia's head instantly whipped towards mine in a bit of panic, "Do you know if it was here? In my country?" He questioned, with a skittered voice.

"Well, it certainly wasn't here if I could read the signs, so it's somewhere that speaks English."

The look of relief on Russia's face when I finished my sentiment made me feel more relaxed. Only then could I tell exactly how pent up and worried about the situation he was, and it made me a tad bit glad to know that he doesn't have to deal with that.

"Vell, zhat is a nice zhing to hearrr. Anyways, since ve arrre both up anyways, should ve have brrreakfast?" my former roommate interrogated, as he stood up.

I stood up alongside him, and replied, "Sure, what are you feeling like?"

He tapped his chin for a second, "I do not know. I am really fine vith anything."

I shook my head a little and smiled, "That doesn't solve anything, now does it?" I scanned my eyes over the cabinets and drawers, as I contemplated something. "How about I make breakfast today, does that sound okay?"

"Uh, I just need to make surrre of one zhing." Russia went around and opened all of the cabinets, shelves, and looked on top of the fridge. He huffed and returned. "I could not find any of zhose cups you use to measure, arrre you surrre zhat you can?"

"Russia, sure I haven't used one in a while, but France didn't teach me nothing about using one." I retorted, as I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Trust me, I've got this."

Russia's face lit up into a like hue of violets, as he nodded, "Alrrright, I trrrust you, yell forrr me if you need any help."

"M'kay." With that, he left, still with purple covering his face.

Word count 2081

Woooo! Start of double updates!

Not gonna lie, this was a bit exhausting, but for a different reason than you might expect. However, that's a different story for a later date.

Now, question time!

What do you think of Canada? Would he be in on it or not?

Where was this rebellion?

And has this been a slow burn? If so, when did it become that way?

Have a great daynight/morning/evening/noon/midnight/any time!

-Amaura-Chan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.8K 1.2K 22
America and Russia had been dating for a while now, Russia had been planning to purpose to his boyfriend until the unexpected happened. America had g...
2.6K 50 32
Edit (Dec 12, 2020): This story is a few months old now, and looking back at it in December, I'm now realizing that this story basically has no plot...
200 6 4
Russia, a young man forced to flee his homeland, goes to the other side of the world in hope of building a new life. But he won't be alone, as some f...
45.8K 2K 66
This is a Countryhumans story about Germany and Russia. Warning: This is a slow burn. Germany is an excited and hardworking person who miraculously...