Bridge Of Legacy

By WinterMelody_98

BOOK 1 in 'Bridge Series' Crystal always considered herself to be unique, because it wasn't everyday that a h... More

Author's Note
FEATURED AND RANKINGS
CHARACTERS
Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5 (Part 1)
Chapter - 5(Part 2)
Chapter - 6
Author's Note
Chapter - 7
Chapter 8
Chapter-9
Chapter 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13 (Part 1)
Chapter - 13 (Part 2)
Chapter - 13 (Part 3)
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter 40
Bridge Of Secrecy

Chapter - 21

1.5K 52 14
By WinterMelody_98

P.S: Make sure to read the A/N at the end. Enjoy reading.

Crystal’s POV 

My life has been topsy-turvy for the last six months whenever I assumed everything was concluded, a whirlwind hit turning all upside down. The environment in the car was a grim contradiction to the turmoil of emotions that roared inside me.

The words of Uncle Marvis were stuck in my brain like a lullaby. “Always remember that you aren’t an ordinary girl anymore, the future of the two kingdoms rests upon your shoulders, don’t let your feelings break you down.” He had said when he bid me farewell. It reminded me of the promise that I had made to myself in the hallway and with my determination back I had mounted the car dusting off all my emotions.

“Fiona?” I called her. She has been affected by the absence of Antonio.

“You should have turned back.” She said for the umpteenth time.

“And what good would it have done?” I “He still has his mate somewhere out there. Do you want me to ruin a bond because of our confused feelings towards him?” I asked her.

She went quiet for a second and meekly replied, “No.”

“That’s what I thought too.” I rested my case.

“It just doesn’t feel right.” She gave out a sigh before slumping down in my head.

“It would go away with time. We got accustomed to his kindness because our mate refused to be a gentleman.” I tried to reason. 

“What about the moment we shared in the garden?” She asked as my mind drifted back to that day.

“We might have confused him too, remember I was the one that led him on with the kiss; maybe it made him feel obliged.” 

Fiona hummed in response.

“Fiona, we have greater responsibilities other than dwelling upon the feeling of being rejected,” I said with conviction. 

“Yes, we need to fulfil the legacy that was given to us. I am with you, no more dwelling on the past. It’s a new day.” Fiona replied with equal resolve.

“Earth to Crystal,” Jay said, waving his hand in front of my face.

“Huh?” I looked at him while scrunching my face.

“See, this is how she is always lost in her dreamland,” Jay said, turning to look at my parents. 

Mother gave out a small laugh while Father eyed him with indignation. 

“Listen, boy, you aren’t expected to talk to your future queen like that,” Father said in a grumpy voice setting his iPad aside, only to be nudged by Mother in the ribs.

Jay seemed flustered hearing this and awkwardly shifted in his seat. “It’s ok Father, he is my friend,” I said, patting him on his shoulder encouragingly to ease the discomfort. “And the same goes for Arabella.” I continued glancing at the girl who sat beside Jay gazing past the picturesque surrounding with earphones plugged into her ears with music blasting so loud that I could hear it from where I sat.

“I fear someday she’s going to turn deaf.” Jay grimaced as he watched Bella bobbing her head to beat, lost in her world.

“It’s good that she isn’t nervous and is enjoying herself.” Mother said with a smile directed to Bella. We fell into a comfortable silence after that.

“Your highness, if you don’t mind me asking who exactly is this person who wants to harm Crystal?” Jay asked, grabbing everyone’s attention even Arabella removed her earphones to listen. 

Mother and father looked startled by his sudden question. They seemed uncomfortable to answer “It’s someone close to us.” Father replied after contemplating for long.

“Dear, tell us something more about yourself, I want to know the likes and dislikes of my daughter.” Mother said, diverting the topic. I looked at her as she continued to look at me expectantly. 

“Uh..I. I like to bake, read, sometimes hum to the tune of music. And dislike anything sour.” I replied with a bit of hesitation. 

“Ok, I shall order everything sour to be banished in the castle,” Father spoke with authority.

I chuckled a little at his behaviour “Father I don’t think that’s necessary.” I said. A sad look seemed to cross his features at my words, making me confused if I said something wrong.

“Can’t you call me Dad?” He asked in a pleading tone.

“It's not easy to suddenly call you guys Mom and Dad. For the past twenty years of my life, I have grown up addressing someone else as my parents without even being aware of your existence?” I hesitantly answered.

I was reluctant to call them Mom and Dad, it wasn't easy to just dump everything into the trash and continue to live life as if nothing happened. For the past years, I had to go through innumerable thoughts and self-doubt just because my birth parents had abandoned me, even after knowing the truth things won't change magically like a Harry Potter movie. It would take time to heal.

“I know it won't be easy to let go of the past, but I hope you would give this relationship a shot.” Mother said. “It’s ok if you aren’t comfortable with it.” She added reassuringly. 

“I am here because I want to give this a shot. I realize that whatever happened was the situations demand, but the wound is deep and it would take a lot of time to heal.” I voiced out my thoughts. I didn't want to hurt them but I can't just sugar coat my words and let them live in false hope.

"Is it possible for the council to reject Crystal as the heir?" Arabella asked.

"She is the rightful heir, they are bound to accept her," Father replied

"But I am not a werewolf," I exclaimed afraid that my being a warlock would make the people hate me.

“It doesn’t matter if you’re a werewolf or a warlock, you are our daughter. That’s all that matters.” Mother calmly replied. “Why don’t we tell you about our pack, maybe it will help ease your nerves a bit.” She added.

I gave her a small nod as she talked about the pack.

“So we are called the Moon Stone Pack, we are often called the Royal Pack too. Your father and I, the Alpha and Luna respectively reigning as the King and Queen for twenty-two years now. The Council is more like the jury of the werewolf kingdom; they help the monarch take decisions, but the King always has the last word.” Mother explained. 

“So even if the Council rejects Crystal, she still can be the Queen.” Jay interrupted from beside me.

Father shot him a glare while Mother gave him a subtle nod.

“What if you hadn’t found me? Who would have been the next heir?” I asked. 

“It would have been your brother.” Father casually replied. 

“I have a brother?” I was shocked at this information. 

“Yes, he is a year younger than you. You would love him; he is a total sweetheart.” Mother replied.

“Wouldn’t he protest about me taking the throne?” I carefully worded my question. 

“Not.” Father strongly rejected it. 

“He has always been worthless. He doesn’t even want to abide by the rules of the pack, he doesn’t have the qualities that a true King should have.” He added with resentment. 

It hurt me to think that my father thinks so low of my brother, even though I haven’t met him I could assume the number of critics and taunts he had to endure for all these years. 

“What’s his name?” I was intrigued. 

“Bennett Lloyd,” Father replied. 

It strikes me then that I didn’t even know the name of my parents, with the union and the sudden news of departure the question had completely evaded my mind. It would hurt them more if I asked them the question now, therefore I tried to plan a method to know their names later. 

“Your father is called Frederick Lloyd and I am Madeleine McDermott-Lloyd.” Mother suddenly said. I looked up at her to see a teasing smile on her face.

How?’ I thought.

“I can hear your thoughts.” Her voice suddenly appeared in my head, startling me. 

I looked at her, confused about how she was doing this.

“We have the power of telepathy, haven’t you tried it before?” She asked confused.

“No, I was focused on practising the elemental powers.” I sheepishly replied. 

“It’s ok darling, we can work on this when we reach the castle.” She encouragingly replied. “And don’t worry your father doesn’t hate Benjamin he is just peachy since your brother loves to be a rebel.” She added, probably reading my worried thoughts. 

“What was Crystal’s name?” Jay piqued, breaking our telepathic conversation. 

“We had named her Bernadette Lloyd,” Father replied. His face shone with a proud feeling. It didn’t take me long to realize that he was the one that gave me that name.

“Wow, that’s a cool name,” Jay exclaimed, giving out a low whistle. 

“So are you guys going to change her name after she claims the throne?” Arabella questioned. 

“It would be her wish. We don’t want to rip her off of the identity that she had been living for twenty years.” Mother replied. 

I was thankful to them for respecting my wishes, it made me delighted that they weren't pushing me to accept and act upon this new reality. “Thanks, Mother,” I said looking at her.

“And Father, I will oud,” I said turning to look at him. They both smiled at me lovingly.

I gave them a full-blown smile, my heart elated at their joyous expressions. The car came to a stop; as the door was opened from the outside.

“We’re here.” The driver announced, lowering the partition.

Father ushered us to get down as he stepped out of the car and lend a hand to Mother. I stepped out of the car, followed by Jay and Arabella. A guard stood by the door with a deep scowl etched on his face. I ignored him and turned to look at the beautiful castle that stood in front of me screaming power, royalty and elegance. 

“Welcome Home,” Father said while he came to stand to my right. 

This wasn't my home, I had left my home behind and wasn't sure if I could ever return there but I didn't want to upset anyone so I refrained myself.

Father offered me his hand, which I took with a smile. He guided me through the cobblestone path towards the castle as Mother flocked to my left side with Jay and Arabella following behind. All the guards bowed in respect as we passed them. 

A guy stood by the entrance dressed in an all-black outfit, “Alpha, Luna.” He bowed addressing my parents. 

“Hello Hunter, everything was in order?” Father asked in a formal tone.

“Yes, Alpha,” Hunter replied.

“Dear, this is Hunter, my Beta.” Father introduced. “And Hunter, this is my daughter Princess Bernadette Lloyd.” He further announced. 

“It’s just for formality, don’t stress. You’re still Crystal.” Father leaned to whisper in my ears. I chuckled at my father’s nervousness, finding it adorable. 

Hunter seemed to have entered a trance before he quickly snapped out of it and bowed to me in respect. I gave him a slight nod in response.

“Welcome home My Lady., Hunter said, moving to open the double doors revealing the gigantic entrance hall that can put the mansion to shame.

“Let’s do it like the Queen we are,” Fiona said as we stepped through the doors, entering our new adobe, and this time we aren't letting anything take us away from here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys I have an important announcement to make, so after long consideration, I have decided to change the name of the book so that it fits the trilogy.
Yes! You heard it right, I plan to make this story into a trilogy (further plans of this will be announced later.)

So I decided upon the name "Bridge Of Legacy"

I would be officially changing the name and cover in the next update, this was a heads up to you all to avoid confusion.

Hope you liked the chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

561K 26.3K 36
Just when Claire and Nate think the greatest danger has passed, an ancient evil threatens to destroy their bond, their pack, and the future of all we...
209K 8.3K 41
Norah Bloodmoon had been forced to live away from her family for seventeen years after being taken from her pack at only two weeks old. Being kept in...
5.6M 157K 27
Chloe was beaten and abused by her pack. Her mate rejecting her is the last straw. Unable to deal with it all she runs away. Meeting a new pack and f...
78.1K 2.3K 23
Not your typical rejection story. You know the stories of the broken abused girl, who gets rejected by her mate only to run away become badass and th...