Quiescent Storms

By zil_e_qamar

||C O M P L E T E D|| || A Mafia generic story, in addition with new aspects and divergence|| ||Slow editing|... More

INTRODUCTION
PROLOGUE
~ONE~
~TWO~
~THREE~
~FOUR~
~FIVE~
~SIX~
~SEVEN~
~EIGHT~
~NINE~
~TEN~
~ELEVEN~
~TWELVE~
~THIRTEEN(I)~
~THIRTEEN(II)~
~FOURTEEN~
~FIFTEEN~
~SIXTEEN~
~SEVENTEEN~
~EIGHTEEN~
~NINETEEN~
~TWENTY~
~TWENTY ONE~
~TWENTY TWO~
~TWENTY THREE~
~TWENTY FOUR~
~TWENTY FIVE~
~TWENTY SIX~
~TWENTY SEVEN~
~TWENTY EIGHT~
~TWENTY NINE~
~THIRTY~
~THIRTY ONE~
~THIRTY TWO(I)~
~THIRTY TWO (II)~
~THIRTY THREE~
~THIRTY FOUR~
~THIRTY FIVE~
~THIRTY SIX~
~THIRTY SEVEN~
~THIRTY EIGHT~
~FOURTY~
~FOURTY ONE~
~FOURTY TWO~
~FOURTY THREE~
~FOURTY FOUR~
~FOURTY FIVE~
~FOURTY SIX~
~FOURTY SEVEN~
~FOURTY EIGHT~
GLIMPSE OF PAST
~FOURTY NINE~
~FIFTY(I)~
~FIFTY(II)~
~FIFTY ONE~
EPILOGUE
SURPRISE NOTE!

~THIRTY NINE~

1.5K 74 10
By zil_e_qamar

"It's okay Lenna.We're fine. Everything will be fine." I softly murmured as the women continued to sob while hugging my seated self. After everyone's visit, the Ivanos had went to meet with Lenna who had waken up while my brothers,papa and Bella stayed back in order to give them some private time.After Bella fed me lunch like a toddler,they had decided to go and visit Lenna as the nurse politely asked them to let me take rest.So,after sleeping through the whole afternoon,I was awaken for taking the dinner brought in by a nurse and later on coming to face the teary eyed Lenna silently sitting beside my bandaged self.

"Thank you for everything.I owe you." She again added in a thick tone as I softly smiled towards her teary face."I don't have much contribution. Arnaldo did the most thing."I softly informed as I felt two pairs of gaze burn through my skin.

Well, I'm not practically wrong. It was Arnaldo who did the whole planning and ensuring that Lenna reached hospital safely.I just contributed to remove the obstacles from his way.

"Not at all.If you hadn't stayed back, those guards would have raided us on the sea shore.Armanno told me the details." Lenna stubbornly replied causing me to give a side glance towards Arnaldo.Remembering now, he was actually ready to get caught there by that fixed kneel down position.

"Did he mentioned the details about how he was kneeling over the ground, unmoving like a stone and continued to stare at your unconscious figure for eternity?"I asked with humour watching Lenna's cheeks redden at my words.Ignoring the gaze of midnights orbs,I briefly glanced at another dark eyed figure as he coughed lightly at my question.I again averted my gaze towards Lenna watching her sneak a glance towards Arnaldo.

I swear if they don't get together, I'll personally ensure to forcibly marry them off. It's high time they act upon their emotions.

"Can you walk now?Does your body pains much?" I heard Lenna asking me with concern as I shaked my head in negative at her question."For three more days,she can't move her hands and legs.Her pains should reduce eventually due to painkillers.But,her stab and shoulder injury will take time to heal."I heard the familar blank voice of her brother responding before I can even get out a word.

This time, it was Lenna who got a smug expression causing my neck to warm up in embarrassment.Couldn't I answered her inquiry?

"I see fratello.Any more information to add?" I heard Lenna lightly asking causing me to briefly glance at his standing position.That face completely serious and unreadable.

Of course.He doesn't know how to be embarrassed.

"You can't move around for long.You need to leave now for rest."I heard him seriously adding again causing Lenna to roll her eyes at his words."I think I rested enough for four days." Lenna dismissively added as I shaked my head at their bickering.

Typical siblings.

"Edrei,let's go.It's your time for meditation."I heard Arnaldo inform in a commanding tone causing my gaze to snap over Lenna's face as I found her staring hard at Arnaldo's blank face.From what I saw, Lenna never followed any command of her elder brother.I wonder if she's any different for the man she has romantic feelings.

"That tone of yours is enough to give me a taste of those bitter medicines.I may just do fine without those now."I heard Lenna snidely remark holding his gaze causing me to press my lips in a thin line to hold back my chuckle.

Lenna surely knows how to rebel against these brooding male species. Guess,that happens when Mr.Ivano is your brother.

"Edrei,Per favore." (please) I heard the gentle voice of Arnaldo asking out causing my eyes to instantly snap over his face in surprise.

Did I heard him right?

Immediately, I again looked back at Lenna founding her mouth agape at his response.She was not expecting him to reply that.

"I'll be back tomorrow.Get well soon Azaleas."I heard Lenna rapidly responding after a long pause as I watched her quickly and carefully walk towards the door.

Immediately,Arnaldo moved towards her as his arms quickly wrapped around her waist to balance her rash movement.I continued to watch the pair as I silently watched Arnaldo's lips moving while he slowly opened the door walking her out.

Leaving me in a familiar quiescent with a particular midnight orbed human.

Wait a minute,he's here.

"How long do you know about their feelings for each other?" I curiously asked out shifting my eyes towards his way.Those familiar midnight orbs instantly connecting with my questioning gaze hearing my voice.

"As long as her loving him.Lenna is quite transparent about her emotions."I heard him replying with a shrug as he proceed to take his seat at the couch.I cocked my head aside watching him gracefully seat himself in the couch and opening the laptop which was placed over the centre table.

"What are your thoughts about them?"I again asked in an inquiring tone causing him to briefly glance over my figure before turning his gaze over his laptop."If you're asking if I approve him or not,then that'll be a yes simply because Lenna approved him.She doesn't get attached with anyone easily.Also,with Arnaldo's loyalty and dedication while working along with me for seven years and then being my sister's shadow without me asking,I don't think anyone else can match along with Lenna like him."Mr. Ivano honestly responded causing a genuine smile to spread through my lips.

Inspite of his authoritive nature as a Don,he always manage to respect everyone's emotion and opinion, never forcing anything on anyone. Not even on me.

"If you're asking if I had indicated anything regarding their relationship status or emotions,then no I didn't. They don't even know I know something is going between them. Knowing Lenna,she surely confessed her feelings to Arnaldo.And knowing Arnaldo,he surely rejected her inspite of having the same sentiments like her." I heard his voice floating through the air causing me to refocus my attention towards the seated figure.I watched as he now keenly observed me as I slightly cleared my throat thinking about his response.

It seems that, that's what exactly happened between Lenna and Arnaldo.Hence, Arnaldo looked so regretful and guilty that day.Whilst Lenna, she tries to hide whatever she feels for him.

"What are your thoughts about us?"I heard the familiar deep voice seriously asking out resulting me to choke and cough abrubtly.

That was so sudden.I thought as I peripherally watched those intense eyes still looking towards my way.

I think a lot about us.Then,I internally slap my mind and force the imaginary scenarios to disappear.Is that supposed to be my answer?

Thankfully, a swift knock echoed through the air causing me to inaudibly sigh in relief. I heard an irritated tone replying with a come in as I resisted my urge to just kiss the person on the opposite side of the door for interrupting.

I watched as the nurse from the dinner earlier entered inside the room with a rolling tray causing my eyes to furrow at the thing.I had dinner a few hour ago.My confusion evaporated watching the rolling tray filled with dressing stuff causing me to straighten up in my bed.It's time for my bandage change.

I watched silently as the women placed the tray over my right side of bed and then turning around giving a respectful nod towards the brooding figure.Without any word, the women proceed to walk towards the door situated further away from my left side causing my whole face to scrunch up in puzzlement.

Won't she change my dressing?Just before I can ask her out the question,I watched the women getting out and closing the door causing me to turn my gaze towards the tray. I jerked up in shock watching Mr.Ivano stand near the dressing tray causing my eyes to widen at the realisation.

"Will you change my bandages?" I nearly shrieked out causing those familiar midnight eyes to snap towards me with surprise.

"Si, I'm the one who's changing your dressings for the past four days." He dismissively responded causing me to glance over my whole figure clad in the pastel blue patient gown.

How many scar did he noticed in my body?Did he noticed my tattoo?

"Are you feeling uncomfortable at the notion? I'm sorry,I haven't thought about your opinion regarding this.Do you want me to call that nurse back?" He asked me in a serious tone causing my face to heat up in embarrassment. Can't he mention it like that?

"No,I'm not uncomfortable," I trailed off as I slowly looked up at his apologetic face. The notion of him touching my skin is uncomfortable, but in a my-heart-is-about-to-stop way. "Don't be sorry.I know you're a doctor and it actually doesn't matter who change my dressings."I tried to brush off the matter in a calm tone as he assessed over my expression clearly.

Seeing nothing notable emotion on my face,he focused his attention over the tray as I carefully shifted ahead towards the edge of the bed.Turning around facing my back towards him,I heard the shuffling sounds from my behind as I inhaled deeply to calm my increasing heartbeat.

He'll just change the bandages, nothing much. Don't think anything.

Suddenly,I felt his fingers touching over my spine as he slowly sided my tied hair over my right side.Feeling my breath slowing down, I sensed his fingers loosing up the ribbons of my gown resulting me to abrubtly intake a gulp of air.I felt cold air hitting at my exposed spine as goosebumps washed over my whole body.I clenched my hands over the white bedsheets of my lap as his hands moved over my left shoulder to take off the bandage.

It's not the right time to remember the heated feelings his hands give.It's not.It's not.

"Relax,Azaleas.Relax your muscles." I heard him huskily whispering over my left ear causing my internal chant to halt.Realising my stilled breath and taunt muscles,I slowly exhaled out the carbon dioxide as I tried to loosen my tensed muscles.

The effect he causes just by his mere proximity.

"Does it hurt much?"I heard him softly asking causing me to immediately shake my head in negative.The pain killers are working well and I can't trust my voice now for replying. "Good."I heard him murmuring to himself as I felt cold air hitting over my exposed injury.

Carefully pulling in my long curls over my right side of chest, I inhaled slow and deep breaths as he applied an ointment over my injury causing a burning sensation.

"It doesn't sting?" I heard him softly ask as I exhaled a deep breath at his question. I guess my voice needs to be used."It does.But it's nothing major to cause me flinch." I answered with a shrug sensing him to momentarily halt at his task after my response.

It actually stung,but I think my habit of holding back from expressing pain has returned after the confrontation with father.

I felt him again resuming in his task with no questions as I sensed a tensed silence passing through the room with both of us indulged in our own thoughts.

"How did you returned home ten years ago?"I suddenly asked out to break the tension. Also, I remembered my thirteen year self returning back to that call booth the next day after walking away from that injured guy.I may not saved him due to kindness, but I was still concerned whether he returned to his family or not.I was sure that his father was not as dysfunctional as mine.My father won't have kidnapped him as a hostage then to get the deal signed from his father.

"After you dumped me,I had called my father about escaping away.It was actually Gabriel who picked me up after few minutes from that location where you left me." I heard him responding in a neural tone as I briefly glanced over my left shoulder noticing him done with new dressing over my injury.

Dumped him?Was he being sarcastic?

"I was in no position to babysit you, when I knew that you're surely a supposed enemy of my father and you all could have tried to use me as the tool of taking revenge from Lucifer. Also,there was a chance of getting caught by my father.Either way, I was not eager to risk my life without confirming my father's death."I commented in the same tone like him as I turned around facing him.

Without looking up,I removed my hair from the right shoulder letting it fall over my still exposed back.

After a moment,I sensed his body take a step ahead as his fingers pulled down the cloth piece from my right shoulder while I looked away from his standing figure.

This proximity.It's uncomfortable to the edge of messing with my sanity.

"How did you ended up with Isabella and Gabriel?" He curiously asked after a while taking off my right shoulder bandage.I briefly glanced towards him founding his eyes focused over my face.Our eyes connected briefly as I again averted my gaze looking at nowhere.

"In my sneak away tours in town,I had watched Bella helping an orphan boy and some other beggars.Hence,I had decided to persuade her about taking me as a waitress since I didn't felt safe going anywhere else.That's how, I eventually ended up getting adopted by them."I summarised out as I again felt the same burning sensation over my right shoulder while he wrapped up a new bandage.

"Is my right shoulder sustaining?Or it's going to dump me anytime soon?" I asked out humouring myself causing his movement to abruptly half at my question.Judging the way my right shoulder was constantly forced to face unmentionable actions after the first injury,I'm concerned if it's actually in place or not.I'm not supposed to thank my fortune,but Lucifer deciding to stab my left shoulder instead of my right one need that gratefulness.My right shoulder would have been disabled if it was again injured severely.

"Do you think it's funny? You think your injuries are as insignificant as that speck of dust?" He asked out lowly causing my gaze to shift towards his face.With this close proximity,I watched those cold orbs immediately penetrating through my soul as an unwanted shiver went through my spine at his tone and gaze.

"They're being bitch."I muttered out quietly to ease out the tension from the environment.Instead,I watched his face nearing towards mine as our noses almost touched each other.With his defined face this close, I observed his eyes now clearly displaying a single emotion I didn't noticed earlier.

Hurt.

He was affected by my injuries and pain.Understanding his earlier words and stilled reaction,I slowly raised up my left hand cupping one side of his stubbled jaw."It doesn't hurt.I'm fine, really.I'll recover soon." I softly whispered out as he inhaled deeply with closed eyelids.

My eyes unconsciously filled up with tears as I silently watched his agitated face leaning over my hand.I never imagined to get the chance to actually get someone caring for me.Like this.With this rawness.

Without anymore words,I wrapped my arms around his neck as he leaned down more to reduce my strain over shoulders.Feeling his arms wrap me in warmth,I let my happy tears fall over his shoulder as he slowly moved his hand over my head.We both continued to hug each other with quiescent silence for a while as my tears eventually stopped wetting his dress.

"Are you done wrapping up my wounds?" I asked out in a hoarse tone as I lowered down my arms from his neck.Wiping off my tears,I watched him finishing off to wrap my right shoulder as I keenly watched over his face.

He is too beautiful to be real.

"I had a lot of thought about an us.It felt to surreal to happen with me. Specially after discovering about our unwanted interlinked past."I quietly murmured as he glanced over my face after leaning away from my shoulder.I silently watched his face as he turned towards the tray while I slowly exposed my bandage over right side of the body by rising up the gown.

"Us together can't be more real than this." I heard his deep voice seriously responding as he pulled the chair on the right side of my dangling legs.I felt my heart stutter at his words as I looked down over my lap to steady my heart rate.

Instinctively glancing below the bandage,I observed some inked patterns of my lilly tattoo peaking up from the waistline of my pants causing me to look up at his face for a reaction.

It's not his first time noticing my tattoo.I concluded as he seated over the chair and carefully unwrapped my bandage while I continued to stare over his downcasted face without even realising that I was staring for long.

"That royal lilly tattoo is beautiful,just like Lilli Zia."I heard him commenting after taking off my bandage causing me to blink several time to process his words.

Was I staring at his face for this long?And how did he realised that tattoo is in the remembrance of mamma?

"You saw the full tattoo?"I questioned out as he looked up at my face for observing my reaction.Well, I don't mind him looking at my tattoo since it'll give me the chance to ask about his tattoo on the back.He wordlessly nodded his head in affirmation before he started to apply an ointment over my injured place.

"What about your back tattoo?Whose memory it carries?"I curiously asked as those midnight orbs instantly snap over mine.I continued to watch over those halo orbs while I felt his gaze getting more intense over the passing second.

I think it's related to Albert.I should change the topic.

"You."I heard his deep voice seriously responding causing my focus to return to those deep orbs.I cocked my head aside as I tried to understand his one word response.Me?How? Did I heard it right?

"That person of the back tattoo with outstretched hands is symbolized as me,"I heard his voice adding out as he finally broke our gaze now refocusing his attention over my bandage.I keenly watched over his lowered face as I waited for his next words about that tattoo. How I'm involved there?

"And the wings on the either side of that person are assisting him to rise up for surviving,the wings of a guardian angel." He added out lowly causing my breath to hitch at his words.I watched as those midnight orbs immediately captured my surprised gaze causing my breath to stuck over my throat.

"You're the guardian angel, the guardian angel sent by Albert.The cause for which I managed to defy my fate of death and rise up each time for survival.Ten years ago,you were the cause I couldn't give up my life.And ten years later,unknowingly you're still that guardian angel shielding me,rising me up to survive,to live."He thickly responded with an emotional tone causing my heartbeat to speed up at his raw words.

Just how much he feels for me?Just how much emotion lay behind that ice shield gaze and heart?I thought as I felt my eyes unknowingly fill up with tears at his words.Was I trying to run away from this in the past?Was my father trying to take away this belonging feeling from me?Was I pushing away this beautiful person due to the fear of my rotten father?Millions question went through my mind as I realised my stupidity regarding the person infront of me. I don't deserve him.

"I didn't narrated the reason to make you cry. Sshhh." I heard his voice softly whispering out near my face as his thumb wiped out the tears from my cheeks.I felt my orbs again filling up with tears causing him to groan out in resignation looking down over my half wrapped injury."I thought you're not like Lenna to cry over everything.I should have stuck with that one response.You."He muttered out with a sigh as his fingers expertly finished to wrap my injured while I abrubtly laughed out at his grumpy face.

He's so cute.

Without thinking,I leaned near his face giving a small peck at his forehead.His eyes immediately looked up at me with surprise as I again leaned ahead to quickly peck at his cheeks. His surprise immediately shifted to those desirable emotions as I silently indicated to my injury to wrap up.

With a promising gaze to return back my affection,he again focused his attention over my bandage as I stared over his whole face with a smile."I'm ready.I'm ready to work for an us "I softly informed with a smile watching his lips stretching out in a genuine smile at my words.

I'm more than ready now to make us work.I won't let anything or anyone come between us.Not anymore.

~~**~~

Bleh.I'm bad at handling emotions, hence describing and writing too. I wonder how I'm going to write the later ones.

Thanks for the 5k+ reads❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

ISpy By Pookie

Fanfiction

99.2K 4.3K 50
"I really need you. You're the only one I know who can get the job done. Louis is too reckless and Russ isn't meant to be on the field." He said refe...
29.6K 754 42
"Everything of you is a non-existing dangerous drug, Natalia. And I'm addicted to it." He whispered in my ear. He brushed his nose on my neck and th...
959K 3.8K 8
**** Mature content**** "You wanna know why I'm angry?" He said in between the kisses. "Because of you" He said as he continued and my body tensed a...
729K 7K 16
Through the door came my nightmare in human form. I watched as he strode in with his demeaning confidence that suffocated the room. It was second nat...