The Memories That Follow

By chespinfan

After Leaving everything back in Kalos, Ash worries about the decisions he had made that day. " I regret Ever... More

Chapter 1: Our Last Time Together
Chapter 2: Regret
Chapter 3: A Long Needed Vacation.
Chapter 4 :Long Awaited Reunion
Chapter 5: I've Missed you
Chapter 6: Three Words
Chapter 8: Results
Chapter 9: Suspicious Conversation
Chapter 10: A New Friend
Chapter 11: Why Now
Chapter 12: A New Goal
Chapter 13: Tired
Chapter 14: Maybe Too Rude
Chapter 15: Another Flight
Chapter 16: Even More Flights
Chapter 17 : Calem's Confession
Chapter 18: Our Last Time Without Each Other
Whats Next , Explanations , and Reasons Not to Hate Me

Chapter 7: I'm Sorry

1K 19 5
By chespinfan

Hello. Sorry for not updating lol. I've been busy with certain things. Anyways, sorry if this chapter is short or bland or just plain bad.Thank you for reading!(for context, the beginning of the chapter takes place at around 9pm

_____________________________

Serena didn't say anything in response . She probably didn't believe what I just said so I sort of thought she didn't love me back . This is what I was scared of the most. Telling her how I feel and her not feeling the Same way.

I was about to let go off her and get up until she held me closer. She was grabbing onto me with a tight grip to the point where I couldn't move.

I then feel water drops fall down my shirt.

Serena was crying on me and she was hugging me tightly while doing so.

"Don't go" she said.

I listened to her and wrapped my arms around her. She kept on crying on my shirt and messing it up but I didn't care.

"I love you too" Serena softly says.

She actually loves me back. She kept on crying on me for a while until I suddenly heard her stop.

I look at her face and realize she fell asleep. She fell asleep in my arms so I didn't want to do anything to wake her up so I sort of just sat there the whole night. I was so at peace I lost track of time while looking out the window. The city looked even more beautiful for some reason.

I sat there until I saw the sun rise. I checked the clock Serena had in the living room and it said the time was 7am. I stayed awake the whole night on accident. My eyes started to feel heavy so I close them.

8 hours later

I wake up feeling very relaxed. I felt so comfortable too for some reason. I look around to realized I was on a bed. I don't know how I ended up there but I do know I fell asleep sometime in the morning while I was with Serena. Unless that was a dream. The room I was in seemed different than the one from my hotel.

I was mostly likely still in Serena's house so I most likely didn't dream what had happened. I stand up and walk over to the door of the room to see if I could find Serena.

Once I exited the room, I went over to the living room to find it completely empty. I only see my phone which was on the coffee table right in front of the couch. I turn it on to see it was very low on battery. It also had a notification.

[5 unread messages]

I click on them to see who they were from. To no surprise 4 of them were from Gou.

[Hey Ash, I'm going back to the hotel soon. Tell me when you're coming back aswell.] -6pm

[Im going to go out for dinner, If you and Serena want to come feel free to do so! Tell me as soon as possible!]-8pm

[Its getting pretty late so I might sleep soon. You've been out longer than I thought so I really hope you have your key as I might not be able to help you.]-11pm

[Good Morning, Ash! I'm surprised you haven't replied to any of my messages. I'm supposed to keep an eye on you, y'know! Let me know if you're okay!] -10am

I check my phone's clock to find out it's 3pm. I slept for so long and I was unaware. The last message was from an unknown number.

[Hey! It's me Serena :). I ran into Gou on my way to practice so I asked for your number so I could tell you that I'll be back in an hour or two. You fell asleep last night and I didn't want to wake you up so I moved you over to my room's bed so you could sleep better. I left some food for you in the fridge if you're hungryyyy.See ya later!:)] -1pm

Her message made me smile for some reason. Serena was so thoughtful. No wonder I fell in love with her.

I then text Gou back so he knows that I'm okay:

[Hey Gou. I slept over at Serena's house. Sorry if I worried you. I'll come back later. Sorry for not responding sooner]

I then walk over to the kitchen to open up the fridge and eat whatever Serena had left. It was a Sandwich with an apple. I quickly ate it up since I was starving. I walked over back to the living room and  sat down on the couch.

I can't believe yesterday really happened. Red formed on my face as I thought about what had happened. I finally told her how I felt and I felt more carefree than ever. I patiently waited for Serena to come back

25 minutes later

I heard the door open and it was Serena.

"Hey Ash!" She says as she walks over to me and sits down next to me

"  I was practicing for the performance coming up in a couple days. I really want to do well so I can compete for Kalos Queen again." She says.

"I really hope you're able to come see me"she says as she smiles.

"Of course! I'll be cheering you on like I always do!" I say happily.

The next couple of days were spent hanging out with Serena. I would go to her rehearsals to cheer her on so she could give it her all when it was her turn to perform.

4 days later. (1pm)

It was almost time for her performance. The competition was tomorrow so she pretty much  spent the whole day rehearsing her stunts. Gou even came along to see her.

While we were watching, Gou asks me something I never thought about.

"So.. Are you and Serena a thing? I mean you guys kissed that one time and even hugged recently. You also told me you told her you loved her and she felt the same way. Have you asked her to be your girlfriend?" He says

I never thought about that. Although we both spent a lot of time together, it was basically as friends. I don't know much about this "Girlfriend and Boyfriend" thing but I do know it's very serious.

"I didn't really think about that. Should I ask her to be my girlfriend? I ask him.

"If you love her, obviously! How dense are you?!" He says jokingly.

I thought about it for a while and thought it was time to tell her soon enough.

5 hours later.

After her rehearsal, we went to go eat but shortly after Gou went to look for Pokémon so me and Serena went back to her hotel room to talk for a bit.

I left pikachu and Greninja in a separate room with Serena's Pokémon while her and I talked.

We talked about normal things for a while until I thought it was time to tell her.

"Serena... I want to tell you something"I say

" Everytime Im with you, I feel so carefree and happy. Ever since we met again in Kalos, you became the person I cared for the most. After our goodbye, I spent day after day thinking about you and how I wanted to tell you how much I loved you. These past few days we've spent together quickly became the best days of my life. So Serena... would you please be my girlfriend?" I say as my face turns a bit red.

"I—uhh.... Yes. I'll love to be your girlfriend." She says with a smile.

" I've felt the same way ever since we first met. Back in kanto I thought I would never see you once you left but fate must of brought us back together. I went on a journey with you through kalos so I could be a better person for you but thanks to you and many others, I found my true goal." She says as a tear falls from her eyes.

I then quickly stand up and hug her tightly. It hurt to see Serena cry but this time it was for good reasons so I wanted to make her even more happy.

We yet again hugged for a long time.

I then thought of my own goal after thinking about what she said. I already finished my main goal but there's still one more.

"Hey Serena, Once you win, can we go on another adventure? I still want to be a Pokémon master and winning a league won't compete that goal. I want to go to Kalos with you once you go back to compete for Kalos Queen." I say

"Of Course! We could spend more time together" she says while she blushes.

1 day later.

It was almost time for Serena to perform. The stage was bigger than most of the stages she was used to performing on but the scariest thing was the 3 judges sitting down all the way back near the audience. A lot of people messed up and started crying since they felt stressed at the sight of a big crowd staring at them.

We chatted for a while before I had to go back into the audience to sit with Gou and my Pokémon. I gave her words of encouragement so she could feel confident. She was nervous since she felt she would fail even thought she practiced tirelessly for the past months. This was a very important performance as they wouldn't let her Compete for Kalos Queen which was her biggest goal.

We talked a bit more until she was almost next. The person before her had barely gone so I had time to do one more thing.  I move closer to her and say something.

"Good luck Serena. I love you" I say as I pull her closer to me and kiss her. It felt great doing that after a year or two of constantly thinking about her. As I walk away I turn around to see her dumbfounded expression as she was left with shock. I wave goodbye and make my way over to my seat.

After I sit down we watch someone else perform until they finished.

It was then Serena's turn.

She walked out and they announced her name and everything. She then proceeded to perform.

She did a couple of stunts that I hadn't even seen before. Most of them got a really good reaction out of the crowd. She kept ok performing and most of what she did had the crowd cheering. It was a big audience too since this one was in Hoenn and it had more seats than most other places.

It was then time for her to do her last Stunt. While she was doing most of the setup parts, I realized she had twisted her ankle a bit. It was really apparent since you could see her choppy movements but even so she kept on dancing. She kept on going with her finishing stunt as planned until she suddenly tripped on her dress.

Although she fell, she quickly got up and sort of made it look like it didn't hurt but you could tell she was somewhat in pain. She tried to finish of her performance correctly but she messed up yet again. Her trick was supposed to leave a big cloud of smoke which was going to smell a lot like Poke Puffs and with flamethrower and electricity, it was going to make A shape of a heart.

Instead though, Her Plusle and Minun used the wrong move which ended up making a big ball of electricity. Her Pancham and Delphox still did what they were originally told to do and the result was an odd looking shape of a pikachu. It looked like the mixture of A pikachu and a luvdisc

Some of the crowd was cheering since they didn't know it went wrong but the rest sat in silence. It was too hard to make out their faces but I could see the Judge's face since they had a light which they used to write. One of them was smiling but the other two looked disappointed.

I looked back at the stage to see Serena walking  away with a sad face. You could tell she was angry,sad and disappointed. I didn't like it so I knew I had to do something

I quickly got up from my seat and ran backstage to see if she was alright. Once I got to her dressing room, I knocked on the door but I got no response. I looked around until I heard crying coming from inside a storage closet.

I opened the door to the closet and to no surprise, I see Serena crying while her Pokémon try to comfort her.

"Why am I such A failure?" Serena says as she cries harder than ever.

"I'm sorry,Ash. I won't be going back to Kalos with you"

_______________________________

This is probably one of my worst chapters lol. Anyways, sorry for not updating! Had a lot of things I had to do. What did you think of this chapter? Let me know! Thanks for reading :). (I realized I put chapter 6 on accident so I changed it to 7)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

713K 9K 108
Ash Ketchum, with Pikachu and the rest of his Kalos team (except for Goodra & Greninja), return home to Pallet Town, where his former travelling comp...
83.1K 2K 54
This is the story of what happens after Ash wins the Masters Tournament. All our heroes attend a celebration in honor of the new Monarch. What will h...
410K 7.5K 61
"Do u remember the promise we did?" "I do..." Get ready to immerse yourself once again in the world of Pokemon FanFic. This fan fic respects the sto...
81.6K 2K 21
Ash Ketchum is an "ordinary" 18-year-old boy who has just graduated from Kanto High. Everything in his depressing world changes when he receives an...