BAD INTENTIONS (BAD #1)

jamigallardo1012 tarafından

"You know, you're not very subtle," she says. I grin as I look into her eyes. "I don't intend to be." She sh... Daha Fazla

BAD INTENTIONS
MAY 29th
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19

CHAPTER 20

7.5K 518 47
jamigallardo1012 tarafından

CAROLINE

I look out the window as the bus moves and try not to fall asleep. It's late on Monday night and I'm exhausted. The bus is mostly empty, there's only about five of us, so it's quiet and the bus moving is cooing and relaxing. It makes you want to take a nap, especially at night.

I have a book open on my lap because I intended to study on the ride but my eyes feel too heavy to read. It was a long day at school and work today. Finals are approaching quickly and the professors like to dump new information until the day before the exam, it's been hard to keep up lately. I keep reminding myself that it's almost over. I just have to hold on for a few more weeks and I'll be done with school.

I try not to think about how I don't have any plans once I graduate. When I began working on getting my Master's degree, I had a whole plan. I knew what I was going to do once I graduated. My future was secure and I was excited for it. That, of course, changed and it's depressing to think about it. I've often wondered what the point is of even continuing with school but I know this hard work will pay off one way or another.

I shut the book closed on my lap when I realize that my stop is next. I grab my backpack and clutch the thick book against my chest then I stand up when the bus stops. The doors open and I step out of the bus. It drives off and I start walking down the sidewalk.

It's a chilly night and I'm suddenly on alert as I walk down the dark street.

I don't notice the car that is parked across the street from the house until I'm walking up to the house and a man gets out of the car. I don't look at him and keep my eyes on my feet, hoping he's here for another house.

"Excuse me, miss."

I wince and clutch the book against my chest nervously. "Please leave me alone," I say as I keep walking.

"I just have a few questions," he says as he walks next to me.

We're on the pathway up to the house now and I unzip the pocket of my backpack and pull out the keys. I usually walk with them in my hand at night, just in case. This is the first time something like this happens and I have a feeling that it has to do with the paparazzi spotting me this morning when they were waiting for Kendra. I spent most of the afternoon going through news articles about Kendra Sullivan, hoping I didn't see any of the pictures they took of me. I just saw one. I was looking down and the cap covered most of my face. I was starting to feel relieved that I wasn't interesting enough to rise questions but I realize that I may be wrong.

"What is your relationship to the Sullivan's?" the reporter asks when I don't say anything. "Have you been living here for long?"

I stop and face him, feeling annoyed and trying to hide my panic at the questions he's asking. He seems young. He's tall and slim and I look at his face, wanting to memorize it for some reason. "Please leave me alone."

"What's your name?" he asks, ignoring my plea. "Are you related to the Sullivan's? Or are you Xander Sullivan's girlfriend?"

"Please leave." I repeat, glaring at him so he knows I'm starting to get angry.

He smiles. "Just answer the questions and I'll leave."

"I don't have to answer anything." I tell him angrily. "Leave me alone or I'll call the police."

He chuckles. "There's no need to get so aggressive. Just tell me who you are and I'll leave in peace."

"Leave me alone." I repeat.

He looks at me and smiles amusedly. The fact that he finds my anger funny is making me even more angry. "Just-"

"She told you to leave her alone."

I turn around and see Xander standing by the doorway of the house. He's wearing black shorts and a sleeveless shirt so his muscular arms are in full display. The tattoos really do make him look even sexier. He glares at the reporter as he walks over and stands next to me.

"Why are you still here?" he asks the reporter.

"Chill out, I was just asking her a question," the reporter says in a much softer tone. I can tell he's intimidated by Xander. It's probably the muscles or how much bigger Xander is compared to him or maybe it's the way Xander is glaring at him.

"She told you to leave her alone," Xander says. "Are you deaf?"

"I'm just doing my job," he says with a shrug. "Though by the way you're defending her, I'm guessing she's your girlfriend. That's all I wanted to know."

Xander takes a step forward so he's standing right in front of him. "Get the fuck off my property and don't come back." he threatens.

The reporter gulps nervously and he looks at me as he takes a step back. I feel my shoulders relax when I see him turn around and walk back to his car. He drives off and disappears down the street.

"Are you alright?" Xander asks, turning to look at me.

I nod. "Yeah."

He shakes his head. "I fucking hate nosy reporters."

"Yeah, I can't imagine dealing with that every day," I say as I look down the road. "I hope he doesn't show up again."

Xander looks at me. "Have you thought about buying a car?"

"I can barely afford rent, you think I could afford a car?" I ask amusedly. I turn and walk past him to the house.

"How's your credit? Maybe I can pull some strings to get you approved for a loan," he says amusedly as he follows me into the house. He locks the door and follows me up the stairs.

I smile as I turn to look at him. "For a one hundred thousand dollar car? You're just mocking me now."

He chuckles. "Just consider it."

We step onto the hallway and I glance at Brianna's room. The door is closed and I bite my lip nervously as I turn around and face Xander.

He takes a step forward. "You'd be making a deal with Xander Sullivan himself. Maybe I can throw in a special discount."

I laugh softly as I look up at him. "Yeah, right," I say then I look past him, into his room. The door is ajar and I notice a bottle of whiskey with a glass next to it on the nightstand next to his bed. "Everything okay?"

He turns and follows my gaze then he looks at me. "It's not your job to look after me, Caroline."

I smile. "It wasn't your job to defend me just now and you did it anyway."

He grins at me. "I don't just look away when I see a damsel in distress."

"Wow, charming," I say teasingly.

He looks down at me. "Aren't you going to thank me?" he asks in a low voice.

I look up at him and smile. It's been a long day. A long, dull and exhausting day. I hate to admit it but this interaction with Xander is the highlight of it. So was this morning. I've even forgotten all about the annoying reporter. I know this is a dangerous game but the attraction between me and Xander is bigger than my own self-control. All he needs to do is look at me the way he's looking at me right now to turn me on. His dark brown eyes are full of desire and he has this suggestive smile on his face that makes me even more bothered. I'm really starting to like how blunt he is.

Before I can talk myself out of it, I reach out and place my hand on his strong chest. I trail it down his chest slowly, keeping my eyes on his. He watches me with an amused smile on his face.

"Is this what you wanted?" I ask him quietly.

"I'm always hoping for it," he whispers amusedly.

I smile as I move my hand lower, down to his waistline. I don't take my eyes off of him as I place my hand on his manhood through his shorts. He clenches his jaw when I stroke him gently. I love that he's hard for me. It turns up the heat even more.

I know we're playing with fire. We're standing right across Brianna's bedroom. I silently pray that she's sleeping.

"Is this how you like to be thanked?" I ask Xander teasingly, keeping my voice low.

"Not exactly," he says with a grin.

I smile. "Is this not good enough for you?" I ask as I keep stroking him.

"It's not enough," he says in a low voice, looking into my eyes.

"You're so ungrateful," I say teasingly.

He chuckles softly and then his expression turns serious and he reaches for my hand. "I've had a very bad day, Caroline," he says. "Please don't tease me. I can't handle it tonight."

I bite my lip, fighting back a smile. I pull my hand away and take a step back. "I'll stop then," I say and then I turn around with a smile.

My smile widens when I feel him reach for my arm when I try to walk to my room. He pulls me back to him and looks at me. "You don't get to walk away from me tonight."

Before I can say anything, the book slips from my arm and I wince when it hits the ground with a loud thud. I glance at Brianna's door nervously and my eyes widen when I hear movement from inside. I freeze in panic. At the same time, Xander reaches down and picks up the book. Then he grabs me by the arm and pulls me into his room. He leans me against the wall and closes the door slowly at the same time that Brianna's door opens.

"Xander?" I hear Brianna ask out in the hallway.

I look up at him, my heart is beating hard against my chest. I never thought I would be so nervous about getting caught by a sixteen-year-old. I don't know why I care so much about disappointing her. I don't want her to think I've befriended her because I want to sleep with her brother. That girl has been through enough. Whatever Xander and I are doing-Brianna doesn't need to know.

Xander sighs and then he takes a step forward and opens the door. I press my back against the wall, hiding behind it.

"Did you hear that?" Brianna asks, sounding sleepy.

"That was me, sorry, I dropped something," Xander says calmly and not looking nervous at all. "Why are you still awake?"

"I was sleeping until you woke me up."

"Go back to sleep. Don't want to be late tomorrow."

"You're always so bossy." Brianna complains, sounding tired.

I hear her walk back to her room and my shoulders relax when I hear her close her bedroom door. Xander closes the door and looks at me with an amused grin.

"Do you think she heard us?" I whisper.

He shakes his head. "She would've called us out."

I nod with a smile. "That's true."

Brianna takes after Xander with her bluntness. If she would've heard us, she would've called us out for sure. Either way, we shouldn't have been doing any of that out in the hallway.

Xander looks at me. "Looks like you're stuck in here with me for a little while."

I gulp as I watch him turn around. He walks to his nightstand and grabs his glass. He brings it up to his lips, watching me.

"Should I pour you a drink?" he asks.

I look at the door for a moment, knowing I should be running out of here right now before I do something stupid. Staying in Xander's room will probably be the most reckless thing I've done up to tonight and I've done my share of reckless things. Brianna is just across the hallway and I have a thousand other reasons to leave but I've already made my decision. I made it before I came in here, when we were out in the hallway.

So I look at Xander and nod slowly, fighting back a smile. I ignore the part of me that wants to remind me that this is a bad idea and whisper,

"Yes."

~~~

A/N:

Hey guys!

As previously announced, the BAD series has been moved to Radish as of 8/13/2021!

The rest of BAD INTENTIONS along with book 2: BAD LOVE and book 3: BAD DECISIONS and soon book 4 can be read on the Radish app!

Thank you all for reading!

Jami

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

702K 20.2K 25
I was 17 when I ask him to take my virginity but he explicitly said no. Now, eight years later I need to ask him the same humiliating question again...
1.2M 41.9K 59
Oliver, leave me. I have to go inside", I said making a failed attempt to free myself. "What is wrong with...", and the rest of the words got lost as...
34.3K 1.1K 35
"Are you stalking me?" His deep voice asked. "You wish, that would mean I actually thought about you enough to wonder where you are." I looked away...
183K 4.9K 45
""Kitten, you're worried about something, and you cannae lie. You're picking at your hands and looking around to clean up my room. Unlucky for you, m...