Daughter of the Owl(Book 2)

By tapir07

It has been 11 years since the epilogue. Neo is now 17 and heading off to Beacon. There she is put on a team... More

Neo Bio
Team PWBJ Bio
Prologue
Chapter 1 Going to Beacon
Chapter 2 Initiation
Chapter 3 The Relics
Chapter 4 First Day
Chapter 5 The Fueguchi
Chapter 6 Bullies
Chapter 7 Daddy
Chapter 8 Neo vs Giovanni
Chapter 9 The Gourmet
Chapter 10 Neo vs Tsukiyama
Chapter 11 Juuzou Suzuya
Chapter 12 Momma

Chapter 13 Revenge

371 14 1
By tapir07

NO POV

The sun was starting to set on Vale. In a small ramen shop sat three people, all of them ghoul investigators. The most notable of them was Cardin Winchester; along with him were his two associates Kusaba and Nakajimi. All three of them took part in the death of Ryouko. 

Kusaba: Excuse me Mr. Winchester?

Cardin: Yeah what is it?

Kusaba: I was just wondering, was it true you were at the battle of Atlas?

Cardin: Yeah I was there.

Kusaba: What was it like fighting ghouls for the first time?

Nakajimi: Kusaba you shouldn't talk about stuff like that.

Cardin: Don't worry it's fine. To be honest, I was terrified when I first saw them. I already was in a bad shape after losing half my team, and now I had to fight these monsters that looked just like ordinary humans. It was to much for me, in the end I just acted like a coward. To this day I still remember the ghouls ripping apart soldiers vividly. 

Kusaba: Damn, I'm sorry, I didn't know. 

Cardin: Don't be, it's just the nature of the job. This event changed me for the better, I went back to school, study hard, trained hard, and worked my way up. And now for the first time in my life, I can say I'm proud of myself. 

Cardin got up and left money on the counter. 

Cardin: Take care, I'll see you back in the office. 

And then he left. Soon afterwards Kusaba and Nakajimi left too. The two of them walked together down the empty street. 

Nakajimi: This is why you don't pry into other people's lives idiot. 

Kusaba: I said I was sorry, besides I didn't know it was that bad. 

Nakajimi: Everyone knows how bloody that battle was.

Kusaba: You know I can't help but feel inspired by Investigator Winchester. 

Nakajimi: What makes you say that?

Kusaba: He said it himself, he used to be arrogant and greedy and though he was the best. But then after he realized he wasn't he changed. He worked hard and got stronger and is now a great ghoul investigator. He's rise up in the organization and doesn't even care about it. All he cares about is justice. I wish I could be like him. 

Nakajimi: You have a long way to go before you could be like him. 

The two then went under a bridge. 

Kusaba: I know, but that doesn't mean I can't get better. We don't have to spend the rest of our careers in the office. We could become investigators ourselves and do more good out there. 

Nakajima: I don't know about me but you can give it a shot. 

They then appeared on the other side. 

Kusaba: Okay then, starting now I begin by my mission of becoming a...

Something dashed past them, Kusaba's glasses broke and fell to the ground.  His eyes were wide as blood started to leak from his mouth. And then his whole head fell off. Nakajimi screamed and backed away. 

Nakajima: What...what...what the hell!

???: Ah what's wrong, your friend there seems a little tired.

Nakajima turned around and looked up. Sitting on the bridge was ghoul wearing a purple cloak and covered in bandages. 

???: If you want to see your friend again, I can take you to him. 

The girl lunged at Nakajimi, however before she reached him Carding appeared and tackled Nakajimi out of the way. 

Cardin: You damn monster, just who the hell are you?

The girl didn't say anything and charged at Cardin. She threw several kicks out Cardin which he blocked. Cardin retaliated with a few punches, however the girl was faster. The girl jumped backwards as several thorns were launched out of her back. Cardin jumped out of the way from each thorn. 

Cardin(thought): Projectiles, so it's an ukaku. 

The girl charged again and attacked Cardin with a series of punches and kicks. She managed to kick Cardin right in the face and knocked him into the wall. 

Cardin(thought): If only I had my quinque this would be a lot easier. But I can't back down, even if it causes me my life.  

Cardin: Alright you damn ghoul, COME AT ME!

???: Prideful aren't we.

The two charged at each other, however they jumped out of the way as a spiked whip came between the two of them. From the shadows Mado appeared wielding the Fueguchi.

Mado: This is why I always tell you to keep your quinque on you Cardin. 

Cardin: Sorry sir.

Mado: You can rest now, I'll do with this one. 

Mado thrusted his quinque forwards, the girl jumped into the air to avoid it. However the quinque managed to change directly, luckily the girl managed to dodge in midair.  She then used the quinque to kick off and landed on a nearby roof. 

Mado: Aren't you nimble one, I haven't seen you around before.

???: What does it matter to you?

Mado: Oh I get it now, you're friends with that sow I beheaded the other day. If you want, I can show you how if sent her head flying. She truly was a pathetic thing. 

???: So that's how it's going to be?

More thorns were launched at Mado who used his quinque the block them all. From the smoke the girl appeared with two scorpion like bikaku tails. She strike with her kagune as Mado managed to block each attack. 

Mado: I must say, you're a much more skilled fighter than the ghouls I usually fight. 

???: I must say, I can see why a man like you would try to compensate for himself by carrying such a big weapon. 

Mado: However there is one thing I excel in compared to you, experience. 

Mado whipped the quinque back towards him, as it came back it sliced apart the girl's shoulder. Mado whipped the quinque around to try and hit her again but the girl leaped up in the air and landed on the roof and proceeded to run away. 

Mado: Damn, she got away. No matter, she'll be back.

(scene change)

it was now night time as things finally settles down. It was quiet back at the shop. A window slowly opened and the girl from before fell in. She sat up against the well and began to unravel the bandages covering her face, revealing Neo. 

Neo(thought): Dammit, this hurts a lot. Why won't this stupid wound heal?

The lights turned on and standing in the doorway were Neo's parents. Her mom rushed over to her as her dad just watched. 

Sapphire: Neo, oh my god, what happened to you?

Neo: Mom don't worry about it I'm...

Yin: You went after them?

Once Neo' eyes met Yin's cold gaze, she turned away.

Neo:....Yes I did.

His face contorted into anger. 

Yin: DAMMIT NEO WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!

Sapphire: Yin calm down.

Yin payed no attention to her. 

Yin: I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO AFTER THEM AND NOW LOOKED WHAT HAPPENED! YOU KILLED A MAN AND NEARLY DIED YOURSELF!

Neo: I had to do something, how long would it be before they found Hinami? How long before she would be killed to?

Yin: AND WHAT, YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD BE BETTER IF YOU DIED YOU STUPID GIRL!

A tense silence filled the room. Yin calmed down and now had a sympathetic look on his face. 

Yin: Neo, I'm sorry. Ryouko and Asaki were my friends, it pains and angers me to see them gone. But there is nothing we can do about it, all we can do protect Hinami now. Please be careful out there. 

Yin left, leaving only Neo and Sapphire. Neo did her best to avoid looking at her mother. 

Sapphire: You know, your father has lived a horrible life. Hated by many, then terrified by most, and loved by few. When you were born, he swore he would do whatever it took to make sure you lived a happy normal life. 

Neo: I just, got so angry. 

Sapphire: While your dad has been pardoned from his crimes, there are still those out there who want him locked up. If the CCG found out about what you did, we would have to go on the run. It's his worst dream to see you have to go through what he experienced. 

Neo: I'm sorry, I didn't want to get like this. 

Sapphire brushed her hand through Neo's hair. 

Sapphire: Don't worry, everything will work out in the end.

Yin POV

I sat by myself down in the café to cool down. I know Neo was only mad but doing something like that could have exposed us all, or worse get us all killed. 

???: You okay man?

I looked up and saw Aaron standing in the doorway. 

Me: How much did you hear?

Aaron: Most of it, and I think the others did to.

he then sat down next to me. 

Aaron: How should we proceed with this?

Me: We stay quiet and act like we don't know, it's worked for us many times. 

Aaron: You know, you pretty much did the same thing when we all thought Sapphire was killed. 

Me: And remember what happened next?

Aaron: Yeah, the academies waged a giant battle against us where we nearly died. 

Me: Only this time they'll wipe us out for sure. 

Aaron: If it's Neo you're worried about she'll be fine, she's your daughter after all. 

Me: I know, that's why I'm scared. 

There we go Chapter 13 is now complete. I hoped you all enjoyed it. See ya next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 31 32
RWBY x Male Reader Fanfiction. In a different world of RWBY the fall of Beacon never happened. The creatures of grimm still roamed and evil forces st...
4K 177 46
Kimeraretaon Mesagi is a teen who only wishes to have a normal life around him, but that completely changed when he was suddenly enrolled into Beacon...
304K 3.1K 41
You were once a member of the Rose/Brawnen/Xialong family. But however they abused and neglected you. When you left for beacon things didn't get bett...
267K 3.4K 25
(Y/n) a young boy, 17 years old, all alone, no name (yet), and no Idea why he exists, only that wherever he goes, death is not far behind by. What wi...