Quiescent Storms

By zil_e_qamar

||C O M P L E T E D|| || A Mafia generic story, in addition with new aspects and divergence|| ||Slow editing|... More

INTRODUCTION
PROLOGUE
~ONE~
~TWO~
~THREE~
~FOUR~
~FIVE~
~SIX~
~SEVEN~
~EIGHT~
~NINE~
~TEN~
~ELEVEN~
~TWELVE~
~THIRTEEN(I)~
~THIRTEEN(II)~
~FOURTEEN~
~FIFTEEN~
~SIXTEEN~
~SEVENTEEN~
~EIGHTEEN~
~NINETEEN~
~TWENTY~
~TWENTY ONE~
~TWENTY TWO~
~TWENTY THREE~
~TWENTY FOUR~
~TWENTY FIVE~
~TWENTY SIX~
~TWENTY SEVEN~
~TWENTY EIGHT~
~TWENTY NINE~
~THIRTY~
~THIRTY ONE~
~THIRTY TWO(I)~
~THIRTY TWO (II)~
~THIRTY THREE~
~THIRTY FOUR~
~THIRTY FIVE~
~THIRTY SIX~
~THIRTY SEVEN~
~THIRTY NINE~
~FOURTY~
~FOURTY ONE~
~FOURTY TWO~
~FOURTY THREE~
~FOURTY FOUR~
~FOURTY FIVE~
~FOURTY SIX~
~FOURTY SEVEN~
~FOURTY EIGHT~
GLIMPSE OF PAST
~FOURTY NINE~
~FIFTY(I)~
~FIFTY(II)~
~FIFTY ONE~
EPILOGUE
SURPRISE NOTE!

~THIRTY EIGHT~

1.5K 72 26
By zil_e_qamar

The lines above are the lyrics of one of my favorite song "Stay with me", OST of one of my favorite drama "Goblin."I love it😭💘

If you're a fan of that song,same here.Chanyeol is my bae❤️

If you're not anti-korean, do give it a hear ❤️

~~**~~

Azaleas POV

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

"You're too fragile Eleonora.You're just as weak as you have been ten years ago."

No.I'm not.He can't make me weak anymore.I muttered to myself while shaking my head to emphasis the fact as the beeping sound echoed in a distance.

"You'll die along with them." I heard him whispering out in that evil tone as he pressed those buttons.

"No,no,no!! No please! PAPA!" I screamed out in panic as the beeping sound continued to irk my ear while I lurched ahead to drain out the life of those lifeless orbs. "No! Papa! David! They can't die because of me!"I again screamed out with my eye tightly shut down as I felt a grip holding me back from attacking the monster infront of me.

"Leave me!! Papa!Please!" I again choked out in an agonizing tone as my head buzzed due to some murmuring voices I can't conjugate.

"Papa is fine,Azaleas.Everyone is fine. Sshhh.It's okay."I heard a voice softly murmuring near my ears as tears filling up behind my closed lids. Tightly wrapping my arms around the warm body holding me,I sobbed out as my body and mind cried out in relief.

Papa is fine.Everyone is fine.

"He- he was about to take everything away from me,again." I hiccuped up in a strangled voice as I felt fingers soothingly run through my curls.

I continued to anchor upon the words and the person talking to me.He'll surely disappear when I'll open my eyes.I'll be meet with that inhuman orbs as it'll laugh at my endless misery.

"No one is gone.Everyone is fine, la mia vita.(my life).Trust my words." The voice again coaxed my mind as I nodded my head feeling unexplained pain vibrating through my whole body.

"It hurts.It hurts everywhere." I softly informed pressing my face against the warmth surface.It feels like home.

"It won't hurt for long.You'll get through this." I heard the voice responding in a softest whisper as I felt warm hands cupped my cheeks while wiping off my tears.With my eyes closed now in content,I leaned over the touch feeling my conscious drown in that sense of serenity.

I wish I could have halted my lifespan at this quiescent moment.

Karl Alfred Ivano's POV

"I'll take care of her.You can leave." I lowly murmured out to the nurse who was balancing Azaleas IV drips on the opposite side of the bed.I sensed the women silently leaving the room as my eyes continued to gaze at the serenic tear stained face.

I don't know what that bastard did to her, but she was on the verge of a panic attack in the fear that Gabriel and others died.Gabriel and her crew mates have constantly stayed at the hospital two days,even though my hospital has the policy of not letting the visitors stay here for long. But,after serious level of convince from my father and mother and with me commanding out in a final tone, they managed to budge themselves for taking the night off.

Whereas me,I was in no obligation to follow other's instruction.I have my own small penthouse at this militant hospital.That's practically my office, but there's an another separate sector with a kitchen,bedroom,closet and an washroom incase I stayed here.As I said,most of my force members come here for their serious treatment.And as the president of this hospital, I personally look over their recovery and treatments.

Well,that doesn't include personally watching over an unconscious patient continuously for days.

It's been four days since Azaleas is in a temporary comatose state for her recovery from severe blood loss. Thankfully,Arnaldo had the same type of blood like Azaleas which also matched with her,thus aiding much in treating her fast after she was brought in hospital.

For the past days, her faces had scrunched up a little bit or her hands moved slightly to indicate that she's in a deep unconscious state.

But,she's alive.Safe.Breathing.

Untill now.

Like other nights,I'm the only one seated over the three seated cushion of her cabin looking over my documents when suddenly she screamed out in the most gut wrenching plead.

Pleading for mercy.

Never in my life,I thought I'll see a day where Azaleas will be trembling in sheer panic.As if she's dying inside.Those tightly closed lids confirmed me that she's still mentally recovering from what happened to her.

My own hands were shaking in the fear that,what if she push me away?What if she won't calm down by my comfort?As much as she was calling out Gabriel for comfort,I wanted to be the one to do that.I wanted to hold her with the silent promise to not let her go.A promise to myself for never giving her the chance to sacrifice herself.To never let anymore Lucifer scar her like this.Silently vowing,I carefully placed her head above the pillow as not to wake her up.

Her forehead was bandaged as it was completely swollen due to getting hit by something hard.Her frontal and back side of the body was filled with bruises which I confirmed to be the bullet attacks over the vest.Her right side of body,above a beautiful royal lilly flower tattoo near her hip,was brutally stabbed which nearly missed to rupture her kidney.Her left shoulder stab also caused her severe blood loss and I was afraid if that fucker managed to harm her spleen anyway.Thankfully,her motors are active and judging from how she seated up earlier in panic,her spleen doesn't look affected.Her earlier injury of the right shoulder was bleeding too and that needed to restitch again.Her left lower leg,both arms was filled with minor cuts and scratches which needed to bandage.

All in overall,she was practically injured and bandaged from head to toe.

Raising the sheets upto her neck,I gave a feathery kiss over her head as my heart clenched in foreign emotions for the women.

In every war of hearts of mine,I know that I can't go ahead by neglecting the emotions I strongly carry for her.

**

"How're you feeling?" I asked out while my fingers hurriedly typed away in my laptop without looking up.I don't need my eyes for sensing those familiar orbs penetrating through my flesh.

Hearing no response,I looked up after finishing my task as I watched those eyes averted away looking at the whole surrounding. She's again doing that.Avoiding to meet my gaze.

"Everyone will come later at the morning.I have ordered them to take rest for half night atleast."I informed her as she again glanced at my seated position for a second.

Glancing down at my wrist watch,I found it's almost dawn causing me to crack my neck and shut down the laptop.I had dozed off earlier after midnight.But as usual,that didn't lasted for long.

"Did you caught him?" I heard the familar raspy voice croaked out causing me to look up.Without responding,I got up and quickly moved near her bedside table pouring one glass of water for her.

She surely needs water judging from that rough tone.

Sitting over the bedside chair,I placed the water glass near her lips as she slowly sipped the water without looking up at my face.Placing the glass over the table,I continued to look over her as she silently inspected her arms and fingers.

With no intention to meet my gaze.

"You couldn't caught him,right?" She again asked softly as I noticed her hands balling into fist and her nails to dig inside her palms.Not responding again,I silently gripped her balled fist causing her to stiffen in her position.I slowly tried to pry off her hands causing her to instantly uncurl her hands and move it away from my hold.

Not this time.

With my hold still firm,I fascinately watched as I interlaced my left hand fingers along with her long and slender ones.Feeling our fingers clicking in like lost pieces of puzzle,I sensed my heart stilling at the complete feeling.

I never want to let this feeling go.

"What -ar-re you doin-ng?" I heard the raspy voice shakily ask as I give a squeeze to her hands.Finally looking up,I watched her silently watching our interlaced hands as she unconsciously bite down her lower lip.

Unable to hold myself,I immediately leaned ahead and pecked her upper lip causing her mouth to open up in surprise as her widened eyes finally clashed with my quiescent orbs.Her eyes unveiling her internal feelings I was craving to know.

Sorrow.Pain.Apology.

Realising her display of emotions,she again averted her gaze as she struggled to free herself from my grip.

"When I was leaving to meet Lucifer," I quietly spoke out causing her struggle to still at my voice.Glancing at her downcast face,I continued my next words as I watched my left thumb circle over the skin of her knuckles."I had vowed to come back alive.Because I have a lot to say to you.I just knew, I can't die without coming clear with my emotions."I thickly spoke out as I felt her eyes over my face.

Taking a deep breath, I looked up letting myself get lost in those burning pools of honey."When you unveiled your identity,I didn't hated you for a single moment.I couldn't. There was no reason to."I informed her in a determined tone letting her see the honesty of my words.

In my steely orbs.In my honest gaze.

I watched as her breath hitched over my words making me tighten my grip over her hand."With everyyhing unveiled now,I'm more determined to be with you.To show you a better side of the world.To let me have a chance to show you an us." I added in a wishful tone as my ears perked up at the increase a beeping sound.

Looking aside,I glanced at the heart rate monitor screen indicating me the palpitation of the person sitting infront of me.With a brief smile gracing over my lips,I refocused my gaze over the flawless women infront of me as I found her whole focus trying to get away from my grip without flushing more.

Watching her neck slightly red due to that heartbeat increasing,I leaned ahead towards the cable of beeping monitor switching off the machine.

My left hand still firmly interlaced with her fingers,I again neared my chair towards her bed as she tried her best to curtain her flushed face with those dark long curls.

Those curls.The moment those curls were open infront of my eyes,I was completely blank.My mind was focused over one question.Can she manage to look more surreal than that blonde hair and brown eyes?

And then she turned around presenting me my answer.The answer of my dreams of those hypnotizing honey orbs.The answer which left me speechless.She is more surreal than I can imagine.

"My surname and face doesn't trigger your past memories?"I heard a meek voice ask me out causing me to snap my focus over her curtained face. Stretching out my right hand,I tucked her curls behind her right ear as her side profile came into my vision.

Beautiful.

"No.You're just Azaleas to me.Not Lucifer's daughter,but my Lili zia's daughter.And Gabriel and Bella's cara figlia."(dear daughter) I seriously informed her as my voice faltered to add another fact.

The fact that she's my guardian angel.

I watched her honey orbs finally connecting with my gaze as I shredded down the ice from my gaze.She deserves to see my emotions. That's what I promised myself to do.To clear out my emotions.

I watched as she her eyes blinked a few times and then averting them away while clearing her throat.My left thumb continued to run small circles over her knuckles as I watched her unconsciously tightening her grip over my hold.

"How's Lenna?Is she fine?Did she returned safely?What about Arnaldo?" I heard a worried voice ask away in a breath causing my eyes to snap over her distressed face.

"Everyone is fine.Lenna is doing good.Arnaldo is beside her,doing much better."I soothingly informed her as my hand firmly squeezed at her hand for calming down.I watched as she sighed in relief leaning her head behind the cushions.

Immediately,I uplifted the bed in the comfortable position taking the remote from the bedstand as she silently nodded at me in gratitude.I then proceed to check her vision and pulse rate while instructing her to slowly move her arms and legs. Thankfully,she wasn't facing any issue but I didn't missed her flinches due to the abdomen and shoulder injury. Both of her right and left shoulder is stitched now along with a stitch near her right kidney.

"You sneaked out well from mansion. Learned from experience?" I asked with subtle humour watching her face going blank at my question.Did I hit the wrong spot?

"I'm habituated in sneaking out since childhood.So yes, you can say that." She responded with a shrug as my mind instantly remembered another question."Is that why you managed to rescue me ten years ago?"I curiously asked watching her eyes immediately snap over mine with a discomforting look."Something like that."She murmured out as I watched her slowly lifting up her left hand towards her curls.

"You didn't remembered me during out first interaction in crescent hospital,si?"I again asked as she briefly glanced at me nodding her head in affirmation.Maybe,I did changed much from my clean shaved teenage look to stubble look to be recognized easily."Your face was too bruised for me to even notice how you look.Besides,I was in a hurry to notice whom I was taking along with me."I heard her muttering out as she continued to struggle with her open curls.

Without responding to her earlier remark,I got up and grabbed her left hand.Feeling her hand movement stilling at my grip,I placed them down while pulling out my white handkerchief from my slacks. Gathering her curls in a bundle at the nape of her neck,I leaned near her face as I knotted my handkerchief to tie up her hair while my fingers continued to graze over her exposed neck occasionally.

Feeling my breath fanning over her cheeks, I subtly distanced my face as I watched her face looking up towards me.Realising my close proximity now, her breath hitched as I again noticed her neck reddening at our nearing faces.Instinctively,my eyes shifted over her dry lips resulting her to immediately dart out her tongue to wet those lips.

Without thinking,I found myself leaning near her face as I watched her hesitant face leaning away from me.

She needs to drain out every hesitation regarding us.Now there's no layer of veil between us to have a second thought.

With that single realisation in my mind,my right hand rounded at the nape of her neck as my lips descend over her semi wet ones.Pecking her lip for a stretching moment,I separated our lips by miniscule as I found her eyelids closed tightly whilst her hands painfully gripped the white sheets of bed.

"Your past doesn't change my emotions,Azaleas.I still want to be with you,if not more after knowing how bravely you survived and bloomed through every hardship."I breathed out over her lips as I found those hypnotising eyes snapped open at my words.

Without getting any response,I felt Azaleas slender hands placing behind my head as  she willingly placed her lips over mine.

And honestly, I wanted nothing more than to stop the time this instant.

Forever.

Azaleas POV

"Papa,Bella."I sobbed out as I felt my seated self engulfed in the comforting embrace from both of them on my either side.

My solace.

Unwantedly,I loudly sobbed out as papa continued to murmur soothing words while patting my head as Bella cried along with me.

I was honestly ready to die that moment when I realised that I couldn't save papa.I couldn't save my brothers.Worst,the safe mansion was bombard.

When I had realised those disastrous scenario at once,I completely shattered away.Disguising my identity for this long was useless,if at the end I had to lose everyone to that rotten flesh.

"It's okay cara.We're fine.You're fine. Everything will fall in it's place." I heard papa's soft and gentle voice whispering out as I nodded my head finally getting away from their embrace.Wiping off my tears,I looked up to my brothers as everyone circled around my bed after giving me their own warm hugs.

I missed them so much.

"We couldn't have died without hugging the living daylights out of you."I heard Tyler seriously informing me as I nodded my head sniffing slightly.I'm ready to die in a flash of light in their comforting embrace.

"Also, we can't die without seeing you happily knotted with dearest -- ouch ouch ouch!"I heard Tyler again screeching out as Max pulled up his ear to shut down his next words.At that moment,I watched as Karl moved ahead along with his parents and brother causing me to internally curse out at Tyler for his loud mouth.

Please don't tell me Karl heard that.

Wait,did I just called him Karl? My neck immediately warmed up as I remembered our early morning moment before everyone gathered here.

I don't care who'll be present around, but if you address me as Mr.Ivano,I'm surely kissing you again and again until you rectify that to Karl.

My mind echoed his earlier words as my eyes automatically connected with his intense orbs.Damn, how I'm supposed to call him by his first name abrubtly?That too with my papa and his parents present?And most importantly, with Tyler yapping over this? I visibly shuddered imagining how he'll pester me at every breath with this.He already eats my brain at every second.

Yes,I won't just address him with any name.That's it.

"I should have stopped you.I had neglected your selfless trait." I heard a regretful voice spoking out causing my gaze to immediately snap over the voice.I watched as Kendrick Ivano stand over my right side as Althea Ivano silently stared at me with affectionate gaze.

Sheepishly smiling,I wiped out my tears as Althea Ivano proceed to give me a motherly embrace."Thank you for being brave and surviving."I heard her whispering out in a heavy voice causing me lean my head over her shoulder for providing silent comfort.

"I was guessing that you're not in the mansion as I found your trace nowhere in infirmary or guest room."I heard a voice thoughtfully muttering out causing me glance at the smiling face of Felix.With a guilty smile, I carefully leaned behind the pillow as Bella immediately rushed towards me for ensuring my highest comfort.

She never changes.

"I'm fine Bella.Are you fine after knowing everything about me?" I softly asked out causing her to still in her task. I watch as her eyes connected with my honey orbs letting me see through her gaze.

Unchanged love,care and affection for me.

"You're the same baby Azaleas whom I have wholeheartedly accepted as my child.Your past or identity doesn't change the person who've grown up under our care and in her own way. Beautiful and kind." Bella murmured out giving a small kiss over my forehead as a drop of tear managed to escape through the corner of my eyes."I can never thank you enough for everything."I whispered out in an emotional tone as Bella wiped away my tears."You don't need to, fanciullo."(Child) Bella muttered out in a kind tone as I smiled at her words.I watched as papa placed himself beside Bella while I silently nodded towards him with a grateful gaze."Get well soon cara,we're waiting for you to come back home." I heard my papa softly informing me as I straightened up over the bed after his words.

I totally forget to ask."Is there any information regarding Lucifer?"I quickly asked out realising pin drop silence passing through the room after my question.Briefly glancing over everyone,I awaited for a response already guessing the answer from their silence.

He escaped again.

"He can't hide this time for long." I heard the familar cold voice firmly responding causing me to glance up at Karl's serious expression.Those eyes determined to go through his ultimatum.The termination of a undeserving existence.

"I may have shot him earlier." I quietly responded watching those midnight cold orbs melt into absolute fury for Lucifer. "My sense was too hazy to actually realise if I had managed to shot him or not.But I think I had heard him groaning and cursing out."I thoughtfully murmured as I focused not to get an trauma attack remembering the incidents occured before my unconscious.

"No wonder we found some blood traces at the back of the storehouse.I think you injured his leg."I heard David responding in a proud tone causing me to look up at his expression with a sardonic smile.

"His head could have been a better aim."I murmured to myself as I looked down at my hands suddenly remembering that they were twisted. Flexing my fingers of both hands, I sensed a thin sting spreading through my hands causing me to clench my jaw in anger.

I was so weak against him. I had let myself get vulnerable to his evil words.

"You gave your best,cara.Because of you,Lenna is in a much better condition.Also,everyone was safe because of you.Lucifer won't be able to run far this time.Don't blame yourself." I heard papa's soothing voice consoling me as I felt his warm hand over my now clenched fist. Taking a deep breath,I looked up at his assuring face as I nodded back in appreciation.

"We have ensured that his guard forces are either captured or burned away in that storehouse.Also,there's no single ally of Lucifer to support him anyway.If there is,they know better than to cross Don,owning the consequences of Soloviks." I heard Ryan confidently adding on causing a small smile to spread through my lips.

Lucifer Federico,you better start counting your last days.No shelter will be able to hide you for long.This time,I won't do the second mistake of letting my mind surrender to your manipulation.

Even my end ensures yours one, I'll happily do that in a heartbeat.

~~**~~

4.3K+ reads?!!! Wow.

To those reading this story,thank you so much.If want to,do leave votes and comments,jk if you do enjoy the story.

Thanks for reading this far.xoxo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 840 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
24.9K 687 41
"Everything of you is a non-existing dangerous drug, Natalia. And I'm addicted to it." He whispered in my ear. He brushed his nose on my neck and th...
1.5M 30.8K 47
I push the feeling away and ultimately concentrate my gaze on his upper body, which still bears the traces of my lipstick. "You did not remove them?"...
668 45 10
I stepped into the doorway, turning back to look at him as he tucked his hands into his navy blue jean's pockets. Despite my obvious insecurity, I le...