Twin Souls

Oleh lonelyscribbles

The topic of boys wasn't something Sanaa was fond of. A young 13 year old girl with a beautiful yet twisted m... Lebih Banyak

COPYRIGHT / NOTES (Please Read)
⚘1⚘
⚘2⚘
⚘3⚘
⚘4⚘
⚘6⚘
⚘7⚘
⚘8⚘
⚘9⚘
⚘10⚘
⚘11⚘
⚘12⚘
⚘13⚘
⚘14⚘
⚘15⚘
⚘16⚘
⚘17⚘
⚘18⚘
⚘19⚘
⚘20⚘
⚘21⚘
⚘22⚘
⚘23⚘
⚘24⚘
⚘25⚘
⚘26⚘
⚘27⚘
⚘28⚘
⚘29⚘
⚘30⚘
⚘31⚘
⚘32⚘
⚘33⚘
⚘34⚘
⚘35⚘
⚘36⚘
⚘37⚘
⚘38⚘
⚘39⚘
⚘40⚘
Acknowledgements

⚘5⚘

25 4 0
Oleh lonelyscribbles

❗TRIGGER WARNING ❗

Sanaa ☯️

"What's your favourite colour?" I asked as I finished my flower crown which was made out of chamomile, representing rest and relaxation but also represented "energy in adversity" in the 19th century. We decided to sit among the flowers on the grass.

"Blue," he replied, taking the crown away from me and placing it on his head. "This looks amazing on me," he bragged.

"True," I agreed, admiring his enhanced beauty.

"Same question goes to you."

"Green."

"It's been a while since I heard someone's favourite colour being green. Why green though?"

"Green represents life and in my opinion is the most dominant colour because many natural bodies have green as their dominant colour."

"I like your answer. I only like blue because I think it looks nice," he shrugged. My lips slowly curled into a smile.

"It's still a reason."

"Yeah, yeah," he said, playfully rolling his eyes. "Do you have a middle name?"

"No, I don't know why my parents thought that was a good decision. Sanaa Jacobs sounds very basic."

"You are something else," he laughed. "Sanaa is a beautiful name though."

"I know, I know," I said, lazily brushing him off. "What's yours? I just know you have one."

"It's Ali."

"So you're Abel Ali Jordan? That sounds good," I complimented.

"Wow, I'm flattered," he said, dramatically placing his hand on his chest. "I'm a bit worried though."

"Why?" I asked.

"I've not gotten any sarcastic remark or action from you."

"Do you prefer me to be sarcastic?"

"Is it a trick question?"

"Depends."

"Nevermind," he mumbled.

"What's one weird fact about you?"

"I don't know if it's considered as weird but I pour in my milk before my cereal."

"Oh, hell no," I exclaimed, abruptly standing up.

"What?" Abel asked, confusion evident on his face.

"That's not weird, that's wrong!"

"You cannot be serious," he said with a blank face.

"I am extremely serious."

"Are you going to ignore me from now on just because I pour the milk first?"

"Yes."

"Unbelievable."

"Yeah," I said, breaking my gaze away from him. It was funny messing with him. I do find the method strange but I wouldn't end any relationship because of it. That is even weirder than pouring the milk first.

"Okay then," he said, his voice low.

In a flash, I found myself being tackled by him.

"Repair our relationship now," he said, tickling me.

"How... did... you... know... that... I'm... ticklish?" I managed to ask.

"Doesn't matter. Say you're sorry."

"Why should I say... I'm sorry if you're... the weird one?"

"You're the weird one for ending our blossoming friendship."

"Okay, you have... a point."

"So, say it."

"Say what?" I asked, acting clueless.

"Stay clueless then," he shrugged before he tickled me with more intensity.

"Abel... I'm... going... to... pee... myself... if... you... do... not... stop."

"It seems like you want to pee yourself."

"I'm sorry... Abel."

"For?" he asked, folding his hands.

"Ending the friendship because of your weirdness."

"Is that the highest apology I will receive?"

"Yeah."

"I'll take it."

"Thank you," I said, my eyes growing heavy. I hated this part.

"You're going, huh?" he asked, referring to my fluttering eyes.

"Unfortunately."

Abel just smiled. "See you later," he said before gently planting a kiss on my cheek.

I smiled before closing my eyes completely.

My cheek was still tingly from his kiss when I woke up. I still didn't understand how he had a strong influence on me. Maybe he has telepathic powers.

"Don't be silly, Sanaa," I said to myself, shaking my head.

"Yeah, don't be silly," Ama said, breaking my trance "Talking to yourself is never the answer."

"I have to disagree with that statement dear sister."

"It's too early for our pointless arguments. We need to get ready for school."

"Do we have to?" I whined.

"For a smart kid, you really dislike school."

"I just prefer the comfort of my bed," I shrugged, brushing past her. "I'll see you in 30 minutes."

After my morning routine, I walked downstairs and made a cup of peppermint tea and grabbed an apple. I still felt bloated from yesterday's food.

"Good morning, Mom," I chirped as my mother responded while raiding the fridge. She took out some whole wheat bread, onions and tomatoes. She took several eggs from the shelf and cracked them in a bowl before disposing the shells. She washed her hands and quickly chopped the onions and tomatoes, adding them to the bowl and added the necessary spices before whisking the ingredients together. In the next five minutes, she made omelette sandwiches for everyone.

"Here," she said, pushing a plate in front of me.
I wasn't sure if I should tell her I wasn't hungry. She did take her time to make us something to eat and I don't like making her sad. I was about to eat it until a strong feeling overtook me.

"I'm not hungry," I whispered.

Mom's head snapped to my direction and looked at me with an indescribable face.

"Are you sure?" her voice lowered.

I looked down, looking at my thighs before meeting her eyes. I managed to nod.

She slowly nodded and opened her mouth just before closing it. "Just take it to school then," she ended up saying.

"I will."

Her eyes darkened before she left the kitchen. Could she have noticed what I've been doing for the past years? I hope not.

"The bus comes in fifteen minutes!" Mom said to my siblings, who still end up procrastinating even though they wake up earlier than me.

"Your siblings are something else," Dad laughed as he made his usual cup of black coffee.

"They're not my siblings, they're your kids."

"Of course they are," he rolled his eyes. "You do like being complicated."

"Where's the fun in not being complicated?"

"I completely agree with you."

"We're here, we're here," Ama said breathlessly as Kai jogged behind her.

"I don't even want to know what you were doing before this," I said, motioning to her slightly dishevelled appearance.

"You're definitely not going to school looking like this," Mom said, adjusting her uniform.

"Mom, I'm a big girl."

"Your actions say otherwise."

"I still need to look for something to eat," she said, her eyes roaming the kitchen.

"I made sandwiches. You just need to put it in your bag."

"You're a lifesaver," she gushed, quickly hugging Mom.

"I'm your only lifesaver."

"You know what I mean."

My siblings took their breakfast and said goodbye to our parents before heading to the junction where were supposed to be picked up.

"Sanaa, over here!" a voice called out which turned out to be Nita's. I was relieved to see a familiar face on the bus. I looked at my siblings expectantly and they nodded in approval. I nodded in gratitude and I took a seat beside my classmate.

"I didn't know that you lived around this area," I said.

"Now you do," she shrugged. "How are you?"

"I'm okay. Besides, I should be asking you that question."

"What do you mean?" she asked, pretending to be clueless.

"Nevermind," I rolled my eyes. I didn't even know why I was invested in a situation that didn't concern me.

The rest of the ride was filled with an awkward silence.

We got to class and greeted the present students. I took out a random book I took from my father's study and began to read it. Who would've thought that he was a sucker for romance.

"Sanaa."

"Damon," I said, not looking up from my book.

"What do you think of the school so far?"

"Dramatic."

"More dramatic than the book you're reading?"

"Definitely."

"You'll get used to it."

"I will," I nodded. "If you don't mind, I'd like to continue reading my book in peace," I added, raising my eyebrow at him.

"In peace and not in pieces, huh? I'll be on my way then."

"Goodbye."

"Wait, you're serious?"

"Does it look like I'm joking?"

"Damn, you're not going to miss me?"

"I barely know you."

"I like you," he said, nodding in approval before leaving.

"These people are something else," I mumbled.

"Hey, I know it sounds strange but I need your advice," Kaya said.

I don't think I'll be reading anytime soon.

"What's up?" I asked, struggling to wear off the annoyed voice that threatened to come out. I ended up stashing the book into my bag.

"I really don't know what we can do to stop the bullying so I need another person's perspective."

"I still stand by what I said yesterday."

Kaya sighed before her face shifted to an intimidating smile.

"A penny for your thoughts?" I asked.

"We'll add fuel to the fire," was all she said before dashing off.

"What an odd school," I mumbled.

I ate my sandwich in silence, as the girls chattered about God-knows-what. Lunch went by smoothly until the insults started again, with the male classmates of the girl included. Their aggravating laughter rang like an irritating melody I couldn't get out of my head. Our table fell silent as Nita silently attempted to compose herself. I did breathing exercises to control the resurfaced anger from the situation. I waited to see if any girl would take the initiative to tackle the situation but I was left disappointed. It was apparent that someone needed to do it, even if it was the emotional new kid that had no connection to the problem at hand.

"Excuse me," I said, gaining the attention from the upper-class students. "First of all, fuck you. It's a shame to see people like you speaking ill of some people just because they don't "fit" your so-called standards. From the slight observations I've made, this girl hasn't bothered or insulted anyone of you and you are insulting her because of her eating habits. Has it ever occurred to you to ask yourselves WHY she is the way she is, not that it concerns you anyway. I'll say this once and hopefully never again: shut the fuck up and don't bother her again."

"Sis, you're THE TALK of the school. I'm so proud of you," Ama gushed as she gave me an encouraging hug.

"It was too much for me to bear so I had to say something about it," I shrugged. "I cannot imagine what she had to go through."

"That is understandable. You were always the outspoken one among us," Kai stated.

"I know but I think I slightly went overboard with my outburst," I sheepishly admitted as I scratched my forearm.

"You may feel that way but you still did the right thing," Ama added. "The bus is here, let's go."

"Sanaa, wait!" Nita called out, running towards us.

"Yes?"

"I'm really speechless; I don't know what to say. The only thing I can manage to say is thank you for standing up for me."

"It's okay."

"It's not okay! It was selfless of you. You really are a good person."

"Thanks. I would still do it a thousand times so it's no big deal. I'm happy that you're happy though."

"That's nice of you. I can assure you that I'll always be here for you as long as you're here to show my appreciation and celebrate a new friendship."

"That I can assure you as well."

Helloooo😛

I fell off but I pray that I rise again 💀

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

231 22 6
↧
1.7K 510 39
Highest rank #73 in fantasy #18 in voodoo #79 in Philosophy There are times when everything around fades and the voice of the past starts dominatin...
1K 65 29
𝒐𝒖𝒓 [ 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 ] π’π’π’•π’†π’ƒπ’π’π’Œ ➼ She's tired of it―she's tired of it all. Watching from behind. Sneaking peaks, never being able to say: I love...
3.1K 92 23
Savannah is your typical teenage girl. She doesn't drink or do drugs. She has friends and a boyfriend who is the shittiest of the all. This all chang...