What Is Love? | My Inner Demo...

By AnotherRainyK

Imagine My Inner Demons, except you get to be the center of attention.... You just moved into Ava's apartment... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The New City
Chapter 2: The Prince's Desire...
Chapter 3: A Totally Regular Day...
Chapter 4: E-urth?
Chapter 5: Demons?!
Chapter 6: The True Source of a Woman's Power!
Chapter 7: Connected
Chapter 8: Ava's Magic Portal
Chapter 9: What's his face...?
Chapter 10: Siren Song
Chapter 11: Palace Pocket-Dimension
Chapter 12: Pet?!
Chapter 13: A Demon's Sweet Weakness
Chapter 14: Spirits!
Chapter 15: Antisocial
Chapter 16: Ava's Modeling Career EXPOSED!
Chapter 17: The Kindness of Humans
Chapter 18: So Embarrassing...
Chapter 19: A Failed Outing
Chapter 20: Try Not to Fall! {Asch's Route}
Chapter 20: Victory! {Pierce's Route}
Chapter 20: The Beauty of Earth {Leif's Route}
Chapter 20: So Much to Learn {Rhys' Route}
Chapter 20: Getting Butterflies... {Noi's Route}
Chapter 20: Bubble Tea and Jealousy {Ava's Route}
Chapter 21: Care For Someone
As You Spend An Eternity Waiting For Updates (Sorry)
Chapter 22: Behavior
Chapter 23: Working Together!
Chapter 24: The Date Begins!
Chapter 25: Ava and (Y/n)'s Demon Boyfriends
Chapter 27: Daemos in Love!
Chapter 28: Be Their Friends...
Chapter 29: Leya!
Chapter 30: Daemos Affairs
Chapter 31: A Spa with Daemos
Chapter 32: Be There For Me... {Asch's Route}
Chapter 32: Comfortable {Pierce's Route}
Chapter 32: I'll Try... For You {Leif's Route}
Chapter 32: Unwanted Emotions... {Rhys' Route}
Chapter 32: Stronger Together! {Noi's Route}
Chapter 32: Nothing... {Ava's Route}
Chapter 32: Late Night Talks {Lorelai's Route}
Chapter 33: Ava is Sick!
Chapter 34: Taking Care of the Humans
Chapter 35: How to Become a Queen
Chapter 36: A Lesson in Responsibility
Chapter 37: Rescue Mission!
Chapter 38: Demon in the Driver's Seat
Chapter 39: Warming Up to You {Asch's Route}
Chapter 39: A Little More Time {Pierce's Route}
Chapter 39: Alone Together! {Leif's Route}
Chapter 39: Stay with Me... {Rhys' Route}
Chapter 39: Holding You Again {Noi's Route}
Chapter 39: Like Old Times... {Ava's Route}
Chapter 39: Feel Better! {Lorelai's Route}
Chapter 39: Just Checking In {Jake's Route}
Chapter 40: Don't Leave the Boys Alone...
Chapter 41: The Most Impressive Thing Guys Do
Chapter 42: A Night Out
Chapter 43: Attention, Affection
Chapter 44: Check-Ins...
Chapter 45: ...Who is the Boyfriend?
Discontinuing this book

Chapter 26: Princess Ava?!

7K 219 269
By AnotherRainyK

~Third Person PoV~

Marco is happy to lead the group inside and seat them at a nice, long table, decorated with a silky, red tablecloth. The group of six sit down; Devon and Andrew are side-by-side, same for Ava and Noi, and (Y/n) sits across from Pierce and on the other side of Noi.

"So... Noi was it?" Devon starts, looking at the ginger-haired boy.

Noi gasps, going wide-eyed. "How did you know?!"

Andrew speaks up, a soft laugh lingering in his voice. "Ava mentioned your name in the apartment."

"O-Oh yeah, I did..." Ava mutters, clearly anxious.

"Trust me," Devon speaks up. "I listen to things closely."

Andrew rolls his eyes. "We both listen closely. The only difference is Devon here will bring it up three weeks later when you don't wash the dishes..."

Devon turns to his husband. "How hard is it to put them in the dishwasher?!" (Y/n) lets out a small giggle at that and the blonde male clears his throat. "Sorry, back to the conversation." He looks up to their other child's partner. "I'm not sure (Y/n) mentioned your name."

Pierce gives a small nod. "Pierce." He states.

"Well, it's nice to meet you as well, Pierce." Andrew hums.

Devon cuts in before anything else could be said, looking between both Noi and Pierce. "Now, I did want to ask, how did you meet our sweet babies?"

Ava, of course, panics, having not been prepared for the question. Oh, shoot, I should've gone over this with Noi instead of fawning over holding his hand...!

"Oh, hehe!" Noi giggles. "Well you see, I met Sorceress Ava in the back of her home where no one could see us-" (Y/n) tenses up and Ava is quick to cover his mouth.

"Haha, whoops, you've got some pizza on you..." Ava excuses herself, letting out a nervous laugh along with it.

Andrew raises a brow. "But we haven't even gotten the pizza..."

(Y/n) was just about ready to crawl beneath the table and disappear. Wow, I'm best friends with a genius...They thought, the tone in their head heavy with sarcasm.

Ava fake-giggles, still anxious beyond belief. "O-Oh god, I'm so hungry, I didn't even realize!" She quickly creates a backstory for how she met Noi in her mind and prays to god that it's convincing. "So, um, well, we met at the arcade... dance..."

Oh my god, we're screwed! (Y/n) thinks, gripping into Pierce's arm for dear life. He, in return, pats their head, sending waves of comfort to fall through them.

Andrew looks at his daughter, skeptically. "The... arcade dance?"

"Uh... yeah! It was masked ball and I was... wandering around the room and suddenly our eyes met and we didn't know who each other was but we knew that we loved each other and then we exchanged Instagrams because Noi d-didn't have a phone and... yeah." Ava rambles, gripping the hem of her hoodie beneath the table.

Devon gasps and his eyes sparkle. "That sounds just like Romeo and Juliet!"

Her other father furrows his brow. "Suspiciously similar to Romeo and Juliet... but, that does explain why you made an Instagram account out of nowhere."

"It does?" Ava asks before the realization hits. "O-Oh yeah, wait, it does!"

"Interesting. I thought you could only use Instagram on the phone..." Devon notes, but he brushes it off. "What about you, Pierce, how did you meet (Y/n)?"

"W-We met... a-at the park!" (Y/n) stutters out before Pierce could speak. "W-We just... bumped into each other and started talking and..." They play up their shyness, rubbing the back of their neck. "I-I just... f-fell for him..."

Pierce's cheeks tint pink at the sincerity of their tone and Noi feels suddenly... jealous.

Devon beams. "Why isn't that just the cutest! Are you sure you're not going to tell Kay just yet?"

(Y/n) nods, looking down. "Y-Yeah, I'm not really... r-ready..." They mutter. "T-To tell her a lot of things..."

Andrew nods, his tone reeling Devon back. "Take your time, beanie, we know this is all new..."

The human smiles. "Y-Yeah, thanks..."

With excellent timing, Marco walks back up to the table with a pizza and he sets it on the table. "Here you go! One pepperoni pizza with your favorite, Ava, a smiley face!"

"Thank you!" Andrew says, taking in the nostalgic scent of fresh, hot pizza.

"You still do that?" (Y/n) asks, looking over at their friend. "That's so cute!"

Ava's face burns red. "Sh-Shut up!"

Marco chuckles and glances at (Y/n). "Tell Kay and Leya I said hello next time you see them!" He had gone to school with both girls, so he was friendly with the couple as well as (Y/n).

"Will do, Marco, thank you." They reply with a smile, and he nods back to them before walking away to greet another party at the door.

Just outside of the restaurant, the remaining three Daemos peer through the window nearest to their table. "Argh, this is no use! I can't hear a single thing going on!" Rhys mopes.

"Then we're going in..." Asch says, darkly, and he turns away from his knights, walking to the door. Leif, automatically agrees with the idea, and follows behind him.

Rhys' eyes widen. "W-Wait!" He runs after them, not wanting to lose sight of the two most chaotic in the group.

As the three Daemos enter, Noi looks down at the pizza on the table. "What is that?"

"It's called pizza, just eat it and smile." Ava whispers to him. Pierce, being in earshot, nods to show his understanding.

Noi takes a slice and eats in and rather quickly for that matter. "Woah!" His eyes light up and he grabs more pizza, stuffing his face. "This is delicious!"

In the commotion, only Pierce takes a slice, biting into it cautiously. "It's good."

Andrew and Devon did not notice him, as they were too focused on the other boy, scarfing down the pizza. "Wow, uh, you have a large appetite, don't you?" Andrew says with a laugh.

"And a large lack of manners..." Devon adds.

(Y/n) giggles at the cute Daemos' enthusiasm, but Ava starts to sweat, nervously. "Um, N-Noi let's... let me show you where the bathroom is so you can clean up." She laughs awkwardly again and gets up.

Noi looks up from his food, asking a soft "Bathroom?" before Ava pulls him up from his seat. "Ack!" He doesn't question her and follows her off to the bathroom.

~(Y/n)'s PoV~

"I'm so happy for Ava! But I have to admit, she's being really odd about this date." Devon mentions after she and Noi had left the table. I feel nervous for a moment, hoping that they aren't suspicious of us, but Andrew speaks up.

"Eh, I honestly fell both of their behaviors are perfectly normal." He says, to my surprise. "Remember when I introduced you to my parents?"

Devon looks down, his face going pale. "Oh god, that was awkward."

Andrew smiles. "Exactly. W-We just need to give them time to adjust to us." His grin fades after a moment. "But still..."

The blonde looks to his husband. "Something on your mind?"

Andrew's eyes meet mine. "I'd like to know if you and Ava has other friends as well, (Y/n). You two have always kept to yourselves since middle school... and all those kids we tried to get her playdates with never really clicked with her... And I remember your mom telling us that you had a similar problem..."

"Let's... not worry about that right now. I'm just glad to know they have some kind of companionship in their lives." Devon says, before I can tell them about the others. Maybe that's for the best anyways...

Ava's parents look to me. "Anyways," Andrew starts. "How have you been since the move, (Y/n)?"

Pierce glances over to me. "Move?"

I nod. "Y-Yeah, I moved back to the city after I finished college and moved in with Ava." I explain. "It's been good though, it's nice to be with her again..."

Devon laughs. "I remember you two used to be inseparable as kids, Ava just clung to you and you never stopped her..."

"Y-Yeah..." I say, remembering all that time I spent with my only friend as a kid. Man, that sounds sad...

Are the Daemos my friends now? I wonder. Should I consider them friends? I mean, they are living with us and... we're kinda stuck with them so what's the use in not getting along with them? I can't help but smile thinking about them. I hope the others are doing okay on their own...

"(Y/n)?" Andrew's voice rings out. "Did you hear me?"

I blink and shake my head. "Ah, n-no, sorry... I must've spaced out."

Andrew smiles. "That's alright." He says. "I was just asking if you had spoken to Kay or your mom since you've moved."

"Well..." I frown. "I've spoken to Kay a couple of times, but my mom... she's just been a little distant. I'm thinking I might just visit her in person to make sure she's okay..." As I look down, I feel Pierce's hand rubbing gentle circles on my back. "Th-Thank you, Pierce..."

Devon's eyes sparkle. "You two really make a good couple!" He remarks. "If your mom isn't around to approve of this boy for you, then just leave it to your other family!" He gestures to himself and Devon.

I let out a soft giggle, but I notice Pierce raise an eyebrow out of the corner of my eye. "Other family?" He asks.

"Y-Yeah, something like that..." I look down. "My mom and sister were either busy or not around when I was growing up so... I'd stay with Ava a lot. And Andrew and Devon would take care of me." I explain. "I-It's kind of like having three parents!" I add with a giggle.

Andrew laughs with me. "We love (Y/n) as much as we love Ava..." He says, softly. "And because of that, we try to look after them as well."

Pierce nods, seemingly taking in the new information. "Yes."

Devon smiles slightly, as if he's trying not to laugh. "You don't talk much do you?"

Of course, with Pierce being Pierce, he replies with a simply "No." that makes us all giggle.

When the laughter fades, Andrew looks around and sighs. "What's taking them so long?"

~Ava's PoV~

I get Noi to the bathroom, lightly pushing him inside and closing the door behind us. As usual, he's completely oblivious, but I'm still panicking. "Ugh, this entire ordeal's a huge cluster fu-" I stop myself so I don't have to lose anymore money to the swear jar.

Noi looks around the bathroom curiously. "Woah! What is this room?"

"It's a bathroom, like the one that I have at home." I state, grabbing a cloth from the sink. I wet it under some warm water and lean up to wipe the crumps and grease from his face. "It where people come to, uh, wash up. You know, like when I put myself into water." I pull my hand away and take a step back.

Noi giggles. "Ohhh, that thing you do when you take your clothes off!"

My face falls as I stare at him with a blank expression. Still, I can feel a bunch of heat rush to my cheeks and ears. "Yeah, uh... Why is that the only detail you remember?"

"I guess because it's interesting." He replies with a shrug. "Daemos don't do that."

I tilt my head at him. "You don't? Then... how do you get clean?"

"We use magic." Noi answers, simply.

"That is odd to me, but you know what, you guys made a portal to another house in my room so I'm not pushing it." I huff, deciding I don't want to bother with more Daemos weirdness.

Of course, in my pursuit of something normal, Noi blurts out, "Do you love me, Ava?"

My body stiffens; My eyes go wide and my face burns somehow even more than before. I quickly step away from him. "What?!"

"Is love something humans care about?"

I look up at him, nervously. "Uh, I mean... i-isn't that something you guys care about?"

Noi frowns. "It's not something we're supposed to care about. That's why most Daemos don't fear me so I have to work extra hard on order to prove myself!" He sniffs, as though he's about to cry and it makes my heart wrench. "I'm sure I would've been killed if Asch didn't spare me."

"W-Wait..." I interject. "Why would your own kind want to kill you?"

Noi gasps, as if he had said to much which I could only assume was the case. "I-I-I mean, um...!"

Just then, some obnoxious girl outside of the door spoke up. "Hey, uh quit making out in there and hurry up! Some of us have to take a giant-"

"Shut up, I'll take as long as I want!" I cut in before she could say anything else. "Ugh... C'mon, my parents are probably questioning what's taking us so long, just... keep being hot." I tell Noi, and then immediately regret my choice of words.

"Hot?" He asks.

My face flushes. "I-I mean keep being you... Sh-Shut up, let's go!"

Noi shrugs it off, turns around, and leave the bathroom with me trailing behind him back to our table to face some more awkward conversations. "Heh, s-sorry about that. Long line at the bathroom."

~Third Person PoV~

Asch, Leif, and Rhys, now inside of the restaurant, stood behind Andrew and Devon, catching sight of their allies and the two humans they got stuck with.

"There they are!" Asch states, glaring at the guys even though they can't see.

Rhys takes note of Ava and Noi walking back and raises a brow. "Where did they go?"

"So, uh, Noi..." Andrew begins. "Tell me, what kind of job to you have?"

Noi tilts his head. "Job?"

Leif squints. "What's a job?"

Ava speaks up before Noi does anything else that might cause her fathers any alarm. "S-So, dad... how is your campaign going?"

"Haven't you been keeping up?" Andrew asks.

"Uh, I mean I've been busy looking for a job and stuff..." Ava excuses herself, though Andrew doesn't buy it and his gaze bores into her. " Okay, fine, I haven't kept up."

Andrew sighs. "Ava..."

"Darling, now isn't the time to-" Devon tries to interject, only to be cut off by Andrew.

"You're gonna have to grow up someday, pumpkin. You should really care about-"

"What's a campaign?" Noi suddenly asks, making Ava's eyes widen. Andrew, meanwhile, starts to have a panic attack.

Devon pats his husband's back. "Breathe, darling, breathe..."

"Uh, Noi! My dad is running for City Council. It's like being the leader of a lot of humans." Ava says, and (Y/n) face palms at that not-at-all subtle explanation.

Devon looks up. "That's an odd way to describe it..."

"Ava's odd too!" (Y/n) replies in a lighthearted, joking tone, but it still earns them a kick under the table from Ava. "Ow! Hey!"

Rhys' eyes widen at what Ava has said. "Did you hear that?!"

The others were wide-eyed all the same at this new information. "Ava's father is the leader of all the humans...!" Asch says with a surprisingly quiet tone.

"Which makes her... a Princess..." Leif finishes.

Asch growls. "Oh, that's it! Noi cannot have this opportunity!" He walks out from behind Andrew and Devon to beside the table, preparing to reveal himself.

"No, this is my chance!" Leif objects, going after Asch.

Rhys rubs his temples. "You all need to stop, I-" The advisor was on his last nerve. "I've had enough! If anyone gets to control the humans through Ava, it's going to be me!"

Andrew finally calms down and looks to Noi. "Noi... if you're to be with my daughter, you must understand, in this family we care about democrac-"

Asch suddenly appears beside the table, out of nowhere and looks at the human girl. "Ava, Noi is clearly a lesser suitor for you."

Ava squeaks and (Y/n) goes stiff in their seat.

Andrew and Devon gasp as Leif shows up as well. "I would kill for her!"

The four humans at the table panic.

Pierce looks up to his partners. "You both need to stop."

"Who are these guys?!" Devon asks, frantically.

Andrew looks at his children. "Ava! (Y/n)! What's going on?!"

"I-" Ava tries to speak, but she is interrupted by Rhys.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Rhys and-"

Asch glares at Leif and Rhys. "Why are you all approaching her?! You're all traitors!"

"This is E-urth!" Leif objects. "You know what that means!"

Devon's eyes soften ever so slightly, but he's still in shock. "Oh my god... A-Are these guys fighting over our baby?"

"Ava..." Andrew says. "Explain what's going on."

The human girl and (Y/n) both stand up, Ava clinging onto her friend. She looks at the others fearfully before she faints and falls back into (Y/n)'s arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 300 17
Welcome to my second book of oneshots and relationship preferences for Aphmau's My Inner Demons. Somehow, this fandom still has a hold on me and I pl...
245K 6.5K 42
This is an Asch x reader, reader insert story. Other ships are Pierce x Ava, Noi x Leif and Rhys x Ice-cream. Enjoy! ~0~ Y/n, a well-known assassin a...
93.6K 2.3K 42
Okay, recently I have been super obsessed with My Inner Demons from Aphmau's channel, and sorry but there are no good fanfics, that follow the actual...
36K 620 42
Disclaimer Warning❗ Disclaimer Warning❗ This is totally just for fun! I love Aphmau My Inner Demons so much that I just can't wait for A My Inner Dem...