The Moondrops

By Mello_Girl

A different realm. A mission to save it. And a whole new adventure. ~~~ Blessing, an eighteen year old girl l... More

~The Moondrops~
~Prologue~
~One~ Another Realm
~Two~ Ma'am Akriath
~Four~ Zeeta's Home
~Five~ Prince Xanthous
~Six~ Off to the Castle
~Seven~ The Royals
~Eight~ Unbelievable Truths and Fluttery Feelings
~Nine~ First Training Session
~Ten~ Fairies Breaking Spells
~Eleven~ More Questions

~Three~ Crystals and Elements

63 21 133
By Mello_Girl

The position in which the sun radiates heat from the sky, suggests it is getting close to late afternoon now. But with the occasional breeze that carries sweet flowery fragrances, the temperature isn't too warm. As Zeeta and I talk, we walk on amorphous stones that are placed precisely, as though it is a puzzle, on the ground to form a path.

"So what you're telling me is that you were taking a walk, then decided to sit and rest for a while but opened your eyes only to find yourself here?" Zeeta asks, clarifying my story.

"Exactly, and I'm kinda still hoping this is a dream."

"It's definitely not. I can assure you."

"I think that's what someone in a dream would say." I point out.

There are plenty of flowers of many shapes, colours and sizes that frame the sides of the road. One, however, takes my attention.

It's petals resemble that of a four leaf clover, but it has much more than four. A bright turquoise-tinted yellow is it's colour, with very tiny black dots sprinkled all over the petals.

"What kind of flower is that?" I couldn't help but ask, as I point at it.

"Oh that," she says after taking a look at the flower, "it's a mainder flower, very medicinal to us. It grows only in the exact spot a moondrop crystal lands after it's been picked."

"What's a moondrop crystal?" I sense I've been asking a lot of questions since I came here. But am I to blame?

"They are tiny crystals in the shape of a water droplets that fall from the moon only on the occasion when the moon turns into a ball of colourful swirls and hues. They are what gives us our powers. I'm sure you saw one at the fight?"

"Ah, what that monster turned into? The thing that other guy took?"

"Yes, the Gobgre. And the 'guy' you're talking about is actually our prince, Xanthous."

"Really? That explains all the gold on him. The royals must be super rich, yeah?"

"They are rich, but benevolent. Most of their riches goes to helping the rest of our realm and people." She says with pride.

"Nice," I say as I purse my lips before switching back to my main topic of interest.

"But if the moondrop crystals give you your powers, then how did it turn into a...Gobgre?"

"Well, for most of our existence, all fallen moondrop crystals are collected and kept safe by the Royals so they don't fall into the wrong hands. But some years ago, the castle was invaded, most of the crystals were stolen, and the last King and Queen before these current ones were killed...

"To this day we still aren't sure who or what had done this, but the incident has made us much more vigilant and vicious with our powers. We don't know how this person does it, but they've been making all sorts of monsters from the crystals, I guess we never completely knew the capabilities of the crystals.

"The royal guards have tried several times over the years to locate where the monsters are coming from, so we can identify and catch this person. But they've never been able to. It's like this person's invincible and the monsters appear from thin air. Even Akriath, who sees all, hasn't got a clue how possible this is."

"Wow," I breathe, trying to process her words as we quieten.

"Hey Lyeme!" Zeeta screams all of a sudden, bringing me out of the hurricane of thoughts that is my mind.

I look -- carefully -- ahead to identify who she was waving at and find a boy sitting on the border of a huge fountain that looks to be made of grey, black and white gravel. The fountain stood at the middle of the wide and open area which several paths connected to, including the one we walk on. It could only be the town's square, for there were quite a lot of people walking around, aiming curious glances at me.

The boy, who is probably around our age, is hunched over with his elbows placed on his knees as his chin rests in his left palm. He dons blue and white clothes, and I notice his symbol is blue; a droplet over a wavy line. Some of his short waves of blonde hair fall over his right eye, allowing me to see only half of his thwarted countenance. A thwarted countenance that turns into one of botheration when he looks toward the beaming Zeeta beside me.

"What are you doing here alone?" She asks when we come a couple feet close to him.

"Why do you care?," he rolls his uncovered ice-blue eye in an irritated manner.

Zeeta's eyebrows came together in a frown, "Is it about your powers again? You shouldn't worry so much, it'll come in time."

"That's easy for you to say. You got yours, when, a year ago?"

Zeeta gives him a sheepish smile. "That's not the point, everyone eventually gets their powers. You never know, yours might even come today."

"Whatever Zeeta, just go away." He takes his hand from under his chin, his elbows still resting on his knees.

Just when I think I might have turned invincible, Zeeta turns to look at me. It would appear she just remembered my existence.

"Oh, I can't do that now, we actually have a guest in our realm who I'm showing around." She says, smiling as he looks at her again. Discarding his obvious bid to ignore her.

"This is Blessing," she places her hand on my upper arm, "a human who . . . well, appeared out of no where, and Blessing, this is Lyeme one of my close friends." She grins.

"Hi-" I try to say before getting cut off.

"We're not friends, you're simply a nuisance." He retorts.

Already tired of this meeting, I look behind him, noticing the middle piece of the fountain. It is a huge and magnificent gravel sculpture of the moon. From the craters, water placidly comes out in thin streams. It must represent the Moondrops, I conclude.

"But you are always so rude and closed up. We have a guest, at least show her that rear friendliness of yours."

I turn only to lock eyes with Lyeme's uncovered eye. He looks at Zeeta, who makes a 'go-ahead' gesture with her hand, and then looks back at me again. He forces a smile and then stands up, looming over both me and Zeeta.

"Welcome, dear Blessing, to our humble realm. You can go ahead and marry an elf for all I care." He drops his smile at the second sentence and then he turns to leave.

Zeeta gasped in shock. I, on the other hand, am just surprised that that is an offensive insult here.

"That was rude!" She says to his leaving figure.

"Sorry about him," she starts, turning to me, "he'll come around, his just not in a good mood right now."

"It's about his powers, right?" I both sit at the edge of the fountain and Zeeta does the same.

"Mm-hmm, he feels left out because he's the only stripling and clan member who hasn't gotten his powers yet."

"What clan is he a part of? I noticed he was wearing different colours from yours."

"So you noticed the colours," she grins, "he's part of the Cieretay clan, they are one with water."

"So he controls water?"

"No, you've got it wrong. We do not control the elements, we work with them. It wouldn't work if we and the elements do not trust each other."

"Does that mean Lyeme doesn't trust his element?"

"Maybe . . ." she pauses for a moment, appearing to be in thought, "you might be right actually, there was a time when we were younger. We went with our families to the Gour river. That was the day we first met Lyeme, And he nearly drowned in the water, maybe that's what's stopping him from trusting his element. I'll talk to him later. For now, let's continue our little tour."

"Could we go to the Gour river instead?" I ask as politely as I can. I have always had a thing for natural sceneries and a river in a different realm will not be an exception. Maybe it's beauty will help me forget for a moment that I'm starting to believe this is not a dream.

"Sure. Right after I introduce you to more people." But of course Zeeta will not allow me the luxury.

She takes my arm with so much excitement and ruthlessly drags me to my feet. "Let's go!"

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! What do you think about our new understanding of the Moondrops? And what vibes does new character, Lyeme, give you? 'Cause he seems like someone I wouldn't be friends with, lol.

~♥Don't forget to vote♥~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222 71 25
"If you can hear me, anyone please just let me go back to my family even if I just go back to tell them goodbye! please help me" I cried out and it w...
33 3 14
She was just a simple high school girl who enjoyed her boring, everyday life. Until the day she fell into the ocean in a boating accident and lost co...
213 9 9
This is a living collection where I cultivate the seeds of story ideas that have taken root in my mind. Within these pages, you'll find initial chapt...
1.3K 49 13
a.k.a: Lineage (after the awards end judging, this will be the final title) Some secrets were meant to be uncovered, while others were better left un...