With All My Love And More

By CCBubs

Chance is a 25 year old virgin who has never been kissed before. On her birthday she decides to take a trip t... More

Scaredy Cat
With all this suspense, you better tell me you're the Prince of Italy
Have you never experienced an opera before?
Will you have my head if I say no?
He's just my tour guide.
Polka-dots suit you.
The bull's balls?
I would think you were Italian.
The one who feigns innocence
Would tempt the King of Italy
I cannot stay unobtrusive
No one in this country is going to accept it
The easiest part
God, give me strength
I definitely won the argument
Like Flies
Is it true, Gino trusts Oliver?
Are you Chance?
Am I keeping you, your majesty?
Not to Grace Kelly
Are you angry?
It's going to make me fade away
And what if you're not her life?
I think we're famous
That boy is insignificant
There is no reason to force it

We're in the 21st century and he really shouldn't depend on letters all the time

146 9 2
By CCBubs

I made my way through the aisle to the restroom. "UGH," I groaned, now in the safe confines of a private bathroom, "I can't believe I didn't open the damn letter!" I stomped my feet, pulling at my hair. "You," I pointed at myself in the mirror, "have the freaking King of Italy hanging out with you and YOU do this! In this economy! With his face! I don't fucking thinking so! You better step up girl." I looked to my left, noticing the lock on the bathroom wasn't on. I quickly switched it from unoccupied to occupied. I grabbed some sanitizer wipe from the side and cleaned the toilet cover before covering the seat so I could sit on top of it and think about what I need to do when I get Giovanni on the phone. I'm sure I'll receive a call in no time when I get my freaking phone back.

"I could always tell Giovanni that we're in the 21st century and he really shouldn't depend on letters all the time," I smirked, leaning back on the toilet, kicking my feet as the image of his face scowling popped in my face. "He would totally hate that," I chuckled. Suddenly the sound of a man's voice made me jump on the toilet, clutching my chest for dear life. "Jesus, I thought a man came into the restroom."

They were making an announcement, and judging by the tone of the man, it seemed urgent. I quickly stood up waiting for the english translation.

"Attention! Attention! We are making an emergency stop in Bologna, please stay on the train. Attendants will be coming down the cars and pulling down the window covers, please do not lift the covers. Again, do not leave the train car, this will be an emergency stop."

Well that's ominous. I jolted out of my seat to unlock the restroom door, but it wasn't budging. "Okay," I frowned, unlocking it, and yet it still didn't open. "Oh. My. Fucking. GOD!" I stumbled back, spreading my arms out, "I'm stuck," I whispered under my breath, "I'm stuck in the fucking bathroom. No. No no no no, no fucking way!" I cannot be stuck in the bathroom, not with that ominous ass announcement they just made. Flashes of the movie 'Train to Busan' popped up in my head. There was no fucking way I was going to be killed by zombies! I stared at the door debating whether I should change it back to occupied. "Fuck it," I began banging on the door, "Hello! Hello! I'm locked in here, someone let me out!" I gasped, jumping back, covering my mouth. "But if there are zombies...maybe this is safer. I mean...I'm not some superhero. I'd be safe in here." I raised my brow at that quick thinking on my part, only to have Gino calling me a scaredy cat pop up in my head. "Damn him," I mumbled to myself. The train came to a stop, and I paused, listening against the door for any screaming. I could faintly hear voices, but then it went completely silent and the faint voices of the attendants could barely be heard. "Damn it," I whispered, "Speak up." I climbed the door trying to see if one part of the door was thinner than the other part, only to find this damn restroom door is as thick as Giovanni. No wonder they can't freaking hear me!

=

Salavatore scanned his eyes along the platform as thirty of the royal guards surrounded the now emptied Bologna train platform. He had come in his majesty's place, having been closer to the train station than he was. Giovanni had gone to Milan, but found Chance gone.

They were quick to locate her, having scanned video coverage. She had boarded a train going towards Florence, Giovanni knew he wouldn't make it in time, but Salvatore had been on his way from Florence and could have the train stopped at Bologna.

Salvatore knew he needed to locate Chance, after all, it was Salvatore's fault that she didn't get the letter in time. He hadn't been able to hand deliver the note to her, having been distracted by the crown prince's call.

When the train came to a stop, Salvatore nodded his head to the guards to board the train. They knew which train she had boarded, but it wasn't certain. The cctv that had taken the recording of Chance heading towards the train had moved to another direction before they could confirm her board.

Salvatore was anxious, to say the least, being that from his experience with Chance the past five days hasn't been the smoothest when it comes to insuring an under the radar mission. He was hoping this would be a clean and swift pick up. They would locate her and get her out before anyone could take photos. Salvatore knew they had been extremely lucky these past five days with keeping Chance's identity secret, but it was bound to run out at some point. If and when her idenitity comes out, he only hoped she would know the kind of chaos that would be waiting for her.

"Essere preparato. Dentro e fuori," he radioed in through his ear piece. (Be prepared. In and out.) The guards all nodded as they boarded the train. The train guests went silent once he stepped inside, "My apologies for the interruption, we are looking for a lost guest. Please be patient, we will be done shortly." Everyone just stared as Salvatore moved through the aisle looking at each of the guests, but so far he didn't find her. At first he thought a young woman was her, but the tattoos on her arms gave her away. He made it to the end of this train cart and looked at the restrooms, both were labeled as unoccupied. Did she not board the train?

"Cazzo," he cursed under his breath, hitting his hand against one of the bathroom doors, before retreating. They couldn't hold the train up any longer or else this could become even more of a scene. "Trovata," he radioed in again. (Found her?) The guards all said no, much to his disappointment. He fucked up. "Sono stati fatti," he radioed in once more, before he stormed back down the aisle and nodded to the train attendant. (We are done.) The thirty guards cleared the platform leaving Salvatore. He stood there, watching the train depart once again. "Where did she go?"

His phone rang in his pocket, he pulled it out and answered. "Did you find her Salvatore?"

"No, your royal majesty," he said, his hand squeezing the phone, "Mi dispiace molto." (I am so sorry). Giovanni didn't say anything, he only let out a sigh before hanging up the phone. Giovanni had been in the back of a speeding car, hoping when he arrived at Bologna Chance would be there with that bashful smile and shouting out more American-isms. He was disappointed she wasn't on the train.

If she wasn't on the train, where was she?

=

The sound of a hand punching my restroom door made me jump. That voice sounds familiar, but then again, I think a lot of Italian men's voices sound familiar. Maybe all men who say "Cazzo" sound like Salvatore. I was not about to give up my location to some angry Italian man outside of my restroom door. Nope, no thank you sir!

I heard his footsteps retreating and before I knew it the train began moving again. The jerk of the movement made the restroom door slide open again. "Well, isn't that just handy," I grumbled, rolling my eyes. I went back to my seat noticing everyone was chatting amongst themselves. I wonder what I missed? It had to have been good. I looked out my window, trying to look back at the Bologna train station, but all I could see were what looked like several black cars driving away. "Hmm, what happened?"

When we finally arrived in Florence, I stayed in my seat, waiting as the attendant came around and gave our phones back. I waited and waited and waited, until I couldn't wait any longer. "Excuse me," I waved at the condescending phone charging man, "I haven't got my phone back."

"I gave everyone's phone back, signorina. You must not have put your phone there."

"WHAT," I shouted, jumping to my feet, "But...but I did! Remember, I gave you my phone to charge."

"I don't recall," he shrugged, "Please exit the train, we need to clean up for the next departure."

"But-"

"Please depart," he motioned for me to leave. I could feel my heart racing, hot tears blurring my vision.

"But I need my phone, I...I don't know where I am going," I tried not to stutter, the anxiety building up inside of me.

"You may ask the information desk, please exit."

I quickly grabbed my things, tears falling down my cheeks as I haphazardly tried to wipe them away. I couldn't remember the name of my hotel in Florence. I didn't write it down anywhere. How...how am I supposed to find out? I got off the train, turning around to say one last thing, but they had closed the doors in front of me. I swallowed back the lump forming my throat. How was this day going so wrong so quickly?

Okay, you have to figure it out Chance. You're alone in Italy. Your parents aren't here to help you. You're old enough to take care of yourself. Giovanni can't help you because he doesn't know where the heck you are. Take a deep breath. I closed my eyes keeping my head low so that people wouldn't know I was crying.

That feeling of dread was drowning me now. What I feared more than anything was happening. I was lost in a foreign country without my phone or direction. I kept wiping my cheeks until they were raw and stinging. I couldn't stop crying, especially when I found the information desk closed. I pushed my luggages with me and found a bench in the corner of the platform. When I arrived in Florence it was dark now, and the platform was almost empty.

"What am I going to do," I whispered, burying my face into my lap.

The sound of shoes caught my attention. I looked down at the floor to find beautiful men's shoes. I quickly sat up but kept my head down. A handkerchief appeared in front of me. "Don't cry fiore." I snapped my head up to find Giovanni standing in front of me. His demeanor soft and eyes searching my own for answers as to why I was so upset. "I'm sorry for my tardiness."

"Gino," I whimpered before launching into his arms. His large arms enclosed around me. "Oh Gino, I was so scared," I wailed, wrapping my arms tighter around him. "I was so scared," I sobbed, burying my face into his chest, "The train attendant was so mean to me and he wouldn't give me my phone back...and...and I thought...I thought I was going to get lost....and then sold into sex trafficking...and I...and I," I couldn't finish speaking, overcome with emotions. His large hand patted my back, hushing me, trying to calm me down.

"Shhh, shhh fiore, you're okay now. Deep breaths, deep breaths," he whispered into my hair, "You're not lost when I'm right beside you. Va bene?"

"Yes," I mumbled, rubbing my tears away with the back of my hand.

"Tch," he took my hand away from my cheeks, "Your cheeks are raw." He bent down to one knee as he sat me back on the bench, "You've been rubbing your cheeks too hard, fiore." He gently stroked his thumb against my cheeks making me hiss. "We'll need to put some ointment on this," he brushed my hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ear. "No more rubbing your cheeks," he pressed a kiss against my forehead, before nodding to the guards to take my bags. "Fiore," he took my chin, tilting my head back so I would look at him, "Who was the train attendant that was rude to you?"

I pouted before pointing at the man in the cart, Gio nodded to his guards, three of the men boarded the train as Gio took me away with him. As we turned the corner of the exit of the train station, we were completely surrounded by paparazzi. My swollen eyes not adjusted to the flashing lights, I stumbled in my steps, thankful for Giovanni holding me.

"Come ti chiami?" (What's your name?)

"Chi è lei?" (Who is she?)

"Sorridi! Qui!" (Smile! Over here!)

Giovanni was shouting in Italian as well. The guards had kept them at a distance, but the amount of people was so much that the amount of flashes made it impossible to see where I was going.

"Giovanni," I called out, going in the opposite direction now. He took a hold of me and pressed me close to him.

"I have you fiore."

I didn't know how Giovanni found our way to the car, but he did. "Il Re e Lady Scaredy Cat sono al sicuro!" a guard shouted. Giovanni got me in first before he got in as well.I looked out the tinted windows realizing at this very moment everything had changed. (The King and Lady Scaredy Cat are secure!)

"Andatevene!" (Move out!)

Not only did they take pictures of me with Giovanni, but this time I wasn't wearing anything to hide what I looked like.

By tomorrow morning, the whole world was going to know who I was.

By tomorrow morning, everyone was going to have a face to the mystery girl the whole world was talking about.

But who exactly was I to Giovanni?

An American tourist?

Or something more.

Please vote and comment that you agree the train attendant should get fired!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.6K 40
For 23 years old woman, Gia Florence went through lots of breaks up and she never been in a relationship for more than six months. All because she en...
1.1M 38.7K 32
**Cover by @AndiApplexoxo** He was nothing like other men that she'd met in her life. He was different. She knew he was. But he was forbidden. She w...
385K 7.9K 42
Annalyse never had friends in her school. You ask why? She avoided them because she's so afraid that her father will know and everyone hates her. So...
4.7K 196 35
When my family owes The Don of The Italian Mafia money that they don't have; how do they repay him? The answer, an arranged marriage. With whom? The...