Miss Brightside

By WhichWeasley_

"A mass murderer would be compelled to kill again if they escaped from prison, and Sirius Black hasn't. It ma... More

Prologue
Cast-Playlist-Aestetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 14

816 28 16
By WhichWeasley_

When Addi woke up the next morning, her heart raced at the thought of it being a dream. Rushing out of her room and into the kitchen, her breathing slowed when she saw Rose, her mum, and the Doctor sitting around the table drinking tea. They all looked at her when she barged in.

"You're still here," Addi smiled at Rose.

"Course I am! I talked to the Doctor and Mum about it after you went to bed, but...how would you feel about going for a trip in the TARDIS?" Rose grinned back at her sister, who squinted slightly.

"You want me to come with you into time and space?" Addi asked suspiciously, glancing at the Doctor who gave her a ridiculous smile.

"Two Tyler's on board the TARDIS. Nothing would be better," The Doctor exclaimed before a thoughtful expression fell on his face. "Well..."

"I have to be back before school starts again," Addi gave in, causing Rose to light up like a Christmas tree.

"Yay! I missed going on adventures with you," Rose rushed out of the kitchen and into her sister's room to pack Addi a bag.

"What adventures did you go on?" The Doctor asked curiously.

Addi gave a wistful smile at the memories. "Rose and I would walk all over London and call them adventures. We wouldn't know where we were going until we got there."

"Nearly scared me half to death, you two. They never left a note," Jackie but in, rushing out of the kitchen when the phone rang.

"Are you sure you want me to come along?" Addi asked the Doctor, who just gave her a weird face causing her to giggle.

"Are you kidding! This will be the most interesting thing I've ever seen," Another thoughtful expression. "Well..."

Addi chuckled again and threw a sugar cube at him. He was nothing more than a big, curious child at heart. This trip would certainly be interesting, especially since the Doctor seemed to know more about her than she did.

~~~

They were all outside saying goodbye while the Doctor was inside powering up the TARDIS. Addi was hanging off of Mickey's back as she told him about how her school year was going so far. Rose was talking to their mum.

"Have you got everything, you two?" Jackie asked her daughter's worriedly. 

"We've got everything, don't worry," Rose reassured her as Addi climbed off of Mickey.

"Bye, Mickie! I'll see you soon hopefully," Addi hugged the older man.

Mickie wrapped his arms around her little body. "Don't get into too much trouble. You still have to tell that boy that you like him," He teased playfully as Addi pushed his shoulder lightly, cheeks covered in a light blush.

"I don't like him, shut up."

"Alright Addi, time to go," Rose called over to her. Addi jumped excitedly running over to her mother to say goodbye.

"I love you mum! I promise to be careful and take care of Rose and the Doctor," Jackie pulled her youngest into a tight hug.

"They better take care of you first." Pulling away, Addi gave her mother a kiss on the cheek. 

The TARDIS hummed happily as Addi entered causing the Doctor to furrow his eyebrows. Addi practically skipped to the council and next to the Doctor as Rose boarded and shut the doors behind her. Taking the spot across from her sister and the Doctor, she smiled excitedly at them.

"So, where are we going?"

"Further than we've ever gone before," He replied with a smirk, shoving a lever forward. The TARDIS shook wildly sending Addi falling into the Doctor, who caught her as they both tumbled to the floor.

When the shaking stopped Addi groaned on the floor as Rose and the Doctor stood over her. "Why wasn't I warned?"

"Up! It's your first trip into space and time!" The Doctor hauled her to her feet, placed his hands onto her shoulders and led her toward the doors.

Addi pushed the doors open and was hit with the scent of apples and fresh air. Stepping out, her gaze fell on a large city; flying cars zoomed about in the sky and everything looked so new. Stepping away from her sister and the Doctor, Addi let out a giddy smile and spun around with her arms outstretched. Rose smiled happily at her younger sister as the Doctor did the same.

"Welcome to the year five billion and twenty-three," The Doctor put an arm around Addi's shoulders. "We're in the galaxy M87, and this? This is New Earth."

Addi was speechless, as was Rose. "That's just...that's just..."

"Not bad," The Doctor finished for them. "Not bad at all."

"That's amazing! I'll never get used to this. Never. Different ground beneath my feet, different sky." Rose jumped up and down on the green grass.

"It smells like apples," Addi interrupted her sisters excited rant with a confused smile.

The Doctor bent down and ripped some of the grass from the dirt. "Apple grass," He told her with a smile.

"Apple grass," The sisters repeated together. Rose lifted Addi off the ground and spun her around excitedly. 

"Isn't this just amazing, Addi?" She asked.

"It's better because I'm with you," Addi hugged Rose happily.

"It's so beautiful. Oh, I love this. Our first adventure with Addi! Can I just say, traveling with you, and now with Addi too, I love it," Rose told the Doctor quietly as Addi rolled around on the grass.

"Me too," The Doctor replied, happy that the sisters were reunited again. "Come on."

~~~

The Doctor and Rose sat relaxing on his long coat while Addi ran around following a flutter of butterflies. Her laugh echoed through the air like a song attracting more butterflies as she circled where the two were relaxing.

"So, the year five billion, the sun expands, the Earth gets roasted," The Doctor started as he watched Addi go cross-eyed as a monarch landed on her nose.

"That was our first date," Rose cut in with a cheeky smile.

"We had chips!" The Doctor shifted on his coat slightly. "So anyway, planets gone, all rocks and dust, but the human race lives on, spread out across the stars. Soon as the Earth burns up, oh yeah, they get all nostalgic, big revival moment, but then find this place. Same size as Earth, same air, same orbit. Lovely. Call goes out, the humans move in."

"What's the city called?" Addi asked after flopping onto the coat between the two. She stared up at the sky with a wide smile as Rose began to run a hand through her hair.

"New, New York," He answered plainly. 

"Oh come on," The sisters exclaimed together, giggling at each other as they did.

"It is kind of weird when you do that," The Doctor squinted at the two, only to receive identical smiles from them. "Anyways, it is. It's the city of New New York. Strictly speaking, it's the fifteenth New York since the original."

"So that makes it New New New New New New New New New New New New New New York." Addi counted on her fingers.

"Precisely!"

"You're so different," Rose said, somewhat sadly.

"New New Doctor," He replied with a cheeky smile.

"Huh?" Addi looked confusedly between the two.

~~~

"Can we go visit New New York-"

"So good they named it twice," Rose finished for Addi, placing an arm around the smaller girl.

"Well I thought we might go there first." The Doctor pointed to a pair of curved buildings somewhat secluded from the rest of the city.

"Why, what is it?" Rose asked.

"It looks like a hospital," Addi nudged The Doctor in the side.

"That's exactly what it is," The Doctor gave her a proud pat on the shoulder. "Green moon on the side. That's the universal symbol for hospitals. I got this," The Doctor held out some kind of leather wallet with paper inside for the sisters to see.

"Are you alright? That paper is blank," Addi furrowed her eyebrows.

The Doctor grabbed her head and moved it around as if inspecting her. "Magnificent brain in you, Addi. It's psychic paper. Anyways, it says- Ward 26 please come."

"Psychic paper?" Addi asked, but was ignored.

"Someone wants to see me," The Doctor continued.

"Hmm, and I thought you were taking me and Addi sight-seeing. Come on then, lets go and buy some grapes," Rose hopped off the long coat and began to saunter away.

"Grapes?" 

"Shhh. I didn't understand either," The Doctor patted Addi's head and led her in the same direction as Rose.

~~~

Addi hung from the Doctor's back happily as they walked into the hospital. Somewhere along the way they began to discuss the way hospitals made them feel. 

"A bit rich coming from you." Rose stood next to the Doctor and Addi as they entered the hospital.

"I can't help it. I don't like hospitals. They give me the creeps." The Doctor set Addi down and hooked his arm with hers only for her to pull away and walk over to one of the patients.

A boy around her age was sitting on a bench wearing a classic hospital gown. Addi sat down next to him with a shy grin. "Hi."

The boy turned to face her, his floppy black hair falling slightly into his bright blue eyes. He reminded her of Harry. "Hi?"

"I just wanted to know if you've seen anything weird going on here," Addi asked him, but it came out as more of a demand.

The boy raised a brow at her. "Well there is a strange girl talking to me, asking me questions when I don't even know her name."

"Addi blushed slightly under his gaze. "O-oh, umm, my name's Addi. I was just trying to see if this would be a good place to bring my brother. He's kind of lost his marbles," Addi pointed over to where the Doctor was frowning and pointing at places little shops could be.

"Addi, well I'm Wells," Addi snorted slightly causing him to give her a sarcastic smile. "Yes, ha! Extremely funny, anyways, this hospital seems to have a cure for everything. I mean, the cured me, so."

"What did you have, if you don't mind me asking?" Wells gazed away from her with sad eyes. 

"I can't remember what it's called exactly, but it turns all your nerves to stone. Very uncomfortable," Addi placed a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. 

"Well, Wells, I'm glad they cured you," She smiled successfully when Wells let out his own snort. She spotted the Doctor walking into a lift and rushed out a quick goodbye to Wells. She snuck between the doors right as they were closing. 

"Hi, so apparently they have a cure for everything," Addi told the Doctor who nodded.

"Ward 26. Wait! A cure for everything?" 

"Hold on, Hold on," Rose shouted from outside the lift.

"Oh. Too late we're already going up," The Doctor yelled back. 

"Oh, it's alright. There's another lift," Addi told her sister through the doors.

'Ward 26," The Doctor added. "And watch out for the disinfectant."

"The what?" Addi vaguely heard Rose say from the other lift.

"Oh no," Addi whimpered as the Doctor kept shouting to Rose about the disinfectant.

"Commence stage one disinfectant," The speaker announced. Addi whined again and screeched slightly as cold water shot onto her head. Then the next stage was to blow dry, causing Addi's hair to whip around into her face. Once the doors opened, Addi ran out while the Doctor casually exited. A veiled nurse then escorted them further into the ward.

"Nice place. No shop, downstairs. I'd have a shop. Not a big one, just a shop, so people can...shop," The Doctor made awkward conversation until the veiled nurse halted and lifted her face covering.

"Cat," Addi whispered in shock. 

"The hospital is a place of healing," The cat nurse told the doctor stiffly.

"A shop does some people the world of good. Not me. Other people," Addi rolled her eyes at him.

"Just...just stop," The Doctor pouted at her slightly.

The nurse continued to lead them down the ward. "The Sisters of Plentitude take a lifelong vow to help, and to mend."

They passed an open cubicle with a large man laying in the bed, seemingly turning to stone. Addi stopped to gaze at him in wonder, jumping when a blond woman stepped out with a piercing glare directed at her.

"Excuse me! Members of the public may only gaze upon the Duke of Manhattan with written permission from the Senate of New New York," Addi stepped away from the woman with confused expression.

"I'm- I'm sorry. I didn't know. I was just-"The Doctor stepped up behind her.

"Problem?" He asked the woman seriously. If Addi didn't know him, she would think he was quite scary at the moment.

"Sir, your daughter isn't aloud to-" 

"That's Petrifold Regression, right?" The Doctor cut her off pushing past the blond woman to get a better look at the man as Addi stuck her tongue out at the snarky woman.

"I'm dying, sir. A lifetime of charity and abstinence, and it ends like this," The Duke told him sadly. Addi pushed past the rude lady and into the cubical grabbing the man's hand supportively.

"I'm so sorry, sir," She told him weakly. The Duke gave her a small, sad smile and gently squeezed her hand back.

"Any statements made by the Duke of Manhattan may not be made public without official clearance," Clovis yipped at the two. 

Addi rolled her eyes and gave Clovis a sarcastic smile. "I don't like you."

The Doctor bit back a smile and gently ran a hand threw Addi's hair. The Duke called out to Clovis weakly and Clovis called out to Sister Jatt for privacy. She led the two travelers from the cubicle and shoved the curtains closed.

"He'll be up and about in no time," Sister Jatt told them as they carried on down the ward.

"I doubt it. Petrifold Regression? He's turning to stone. There won't be a cure for, oh, a thousand years. He might be up and about, but only as a statue," Addi thought back to Wells.

She grabbed the Doctor's arm to stop him. "Doctor, there was a boy named Wells in the lobby. He had some kind of disease that was turning his nerves to stone. He said they cured him."

"What?" The Doctor asked in confusion.

"Have faith in the Sisterhood. But is there no one here that you recognize? It's rather unusual  to visit without knowing the patient," Sister Jatt grabbed there arms and continued to lead them down the ward. Addi squinted at her suspiciously.

"No, I think I found him," The Doctor muttered, taking a hold of Addi's hand and bringing her closer to a giant dome holding a giant head. Addi marveled at the sight of him.

"Novice Hame, if I can leave this gentleman and lady in your care?" The Doctor smiled awkwardly at the woman (cat?). Addi walked closer to the face in the dome.

"Oh, I think my friend got lost. Rose Tyler. Could you ask at reception."

"Certainly, sir." Sister Jatt left.

"I'm afraid the face of Boe's asleep. That's all he tends to do these days. Are you friends, or..."

Addi placed her hand on the dome, felt a surge of memories rush through her, but they weren't hers. They were his- the face of Boe's. A tear ran down her face as she took her hand away from the glass.

"I'm so sorry. I thought you knew," Novice Hame said sadly.

"Knew? Knew what?" 

"He's dying," Addi whimpered, stepping away from the face of Boe as more tears ran down her face. 

The Doctor placed an arm around her in concern. "Of what?"

"Old age," Novice Hame began, "the one thing we can't cure. He's thousands of years old. Some people say millions, although that's impossible."

"Nothing's impossible," Addi stated, wiping the tears from her flushed face.

"Are you alright, dear?" Novice Hame asked her.

"Yeah, I just need a moment." Addi wandered away from them and toward the window overlooking the city. 

"I'm so, so sorry," Addi whispered into the air. It seemed to float around like magic until it reached the face of Boe. His eyes opened as if awakened by her apology.

"Addi," A breathy voice filled her head. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 483 17
Jane Lupin grew up with a loving father in a comfortable nice home with fantastic friends and went to the greatest school for witchcraft and wizardry...
588 4 50
Aries Cassiopeia Black is a Halfblood Witch and is also a Gryffindor and she is also the only daughter and child of none other than Sirius Black hims...
2.7K 103 28
He swore to himself that he'd never love anyone, he swore that to secure his sanity he'd never fall for anyone. It changes when he meets a mischievo...
13.4K 232 23
(Book 3) (completed) Join Hermione Granger in her third year at Hogwarts! Notorious mass murderer, Sirius Black, has escaped from the wizarding priso...