šŸššš¦š¢š„š¢ššš« {š§šžš°š­ š±...

By swagsterh0e

"š¢ š›šžš­š­šžš« š›šž š¬šžšžš¢š§š  š²šØš® šššŸš­šžš« š­š”š¢š¬, šššš«š„š¢š§š ." š¢š§ š°š”š¢šœš” š­š°šØ šœšØš¦... More

one: the girl
two: the knife
three: the better first impression
four: the pudgy boy
five: the mark
six: the maze
seven: the survivors
nine: the wound
ten: the syringe
eleven: the argument
twelve: the favourite
thirteen: the pit
fourteen: the idea
fifteen: the escape
sixteen: the grievers
seventeen: the control room
eighteen: the gun
nineteen: the helicopter
twenty: the landing
twenty one: the reason we're all still alive
twenty two: the checkups
twenty three: the deal
twenty four: the handcuffs
twenty five: the vents
twenty six: the not dead but also not alive either
twenty seven: the shock that nothing happened
twenty eight: the creatures without a name
twenty nine: the freedom we all wish for
thirty: the terrifying realisation
thirty one: the lightning shock
thirty two: the three questions
thirty three: the constant bleeding
thirty four: the collapsing of the ceiling
thirty five: the plan b
thirty six: the explosion
thirty seven: the one who decides if you get to stay
thirty eight: the counting to ten over and over again
thirty nine: the kidnapping of our own
forty: the explanation
forty one: the forgiving
forty two: the constant meetings
forty three: the not so approachable
forty four: the pain of empty promises
forty five: the new job opportunity
forty six: the beauty within anger
forty seven: the moon-lit dinner
forty eight: the boy who hates archery
forty nine: the injured solider
fifty: the day off
fifty one: the woman with the beautiful skin
fifty two: the genius
fifty three: the hope that always lets you down
fifty four: the suffering we aren't aware of
fifty five: the fear of loss
fifty six: the white sky
fifty seven: the girl full of surprises
fifty eight: the silver necklace
fifty nine: the disappointed expressions
sixty: the surrounding danger
sixty one: the boy who should have died back in the maze
sixty two: the hornet's nest
sixty three: the boy who's too humble for his own good
sixty four: the eight stupid fucking letters
sixty five: the man with that kind of smile
sixty six: the colour of his eyes
sixty seven: the gloom
epilogue <3
author's note

eight: the box

12.5K 283 285
By swagsterh0e

I had never seen someone exit the box before. When I came up, I was unconscious, so I never really saw what it was all about.

The entire Glade stood around, staring at the box. Newt was the first to reach it as he peered down to grab hold of the handle. He carefully opened it up as he jumped to the bottom with a loud thud.

"What is it Newt?" "What do you see?"

"It's another girl." He said, looking back up to the crowd. His eyes searched through the people to find mine, as I stared back at him in shock.

Everyone else did the same as they slightly turned towards me. I somewhat tensed up before gluing my eyes to the girl.

She had dark brown curly hair, freckled skin and a slim body figure. She too was not awake.

"Another unconscious Greenie? This has got to be a joke." Someone said among the others, but I still didn't look up.

"What's in her hand?" Gally asked, pointing towards her hand tightly gripping something small.

Newt reached down and opened her hand, pulling out a piece of paper. He unscrunched it, revealing a few words, that from where I was standing, I couldn't quite make out.

"She's the last one, ever." Newt read, slowly. "Well, what the hell does that mean?" He asked, looking up from the paper as he said it.

Just as the last word had fallen out of his mouth, the girl's eyes shot open.

"Thomas!" she exclaimed, abruptly, prompting everyone to stand back slightly, stunned. She was breathing heavily, panting like a dog until she slowly closed her eyes again. Falling back into what seemed like a deep sleep.

Everyone's eyes sprinted to Thomas, as he looked down at her, confused and embarrassed.

"You still think I'm overreacting?" Gally said as I rolled my eyes.

"Someone get her out, take her to the Med-hut." Minho said, his voice, while sounding frightened, for once conveyed some sort of authority. Newt did as requested and picked up the girl's body and brought her to the grass.

Clint and Jeff took over as they carried the new arrival to the hut, still being stared at by the other Gladers.

Gally turned to me and Thomas quickly, clearly furious. "What the fuck is going on, Greenies?" he said, his eyes darting between the both of us. His comment started to attract the other's attention as they decided not to disperse yet.

"How the hell are we supposed to know? We know just as much as you do Gally, if not less." Thomas hissed, annoyed at the boy's accusation. I narrowed my eyes at the boy and clenched my fists, desperately trying to calm myself down.

"You guys show up randomly and all of a sudden all hell breaks loose? Doesn't sound like a coincidence if you ask me."

"Gally lay off, they didn't do anything wrong." Newt said, stepping slightly in front of me to face Gally.

The boy scoffed in response. "They didn't? Come on Newt, wake up! He went into the maze without being a runner and she attacked you with a knife!"

"Oh, fuck off Gally, at least Thomas did something brave." The only thing I could think of was to defend Thomas, after all, how was I supposed to clear my own name after attacking Newt upon meeting him for the first time.

Gally scoffed even louder, before nudging Newt out of the way to get closer to me. "Yeah? Is that so green-bean? Well if that's what y-"

"Oh, Gally be quiet, you're only mad at Y/N because she kicked your ass." I turned my head to see Chuck finally stand up to the boy. My lips turned upwards with a small grin.

Gally turned to Chuck, he looked even angrier than before. The others stood around giggling as most of their heads rotated towards me with smirks on their faces. Even Newt looked at me with a smile.

"Watch your mouth, Chuck." The boy hissed, pointing his index finger in his face as he turned back to me.

"And you," he started, "You watch your back." He spat at me, lowering his voice a little, getting very close to my face.

"Ditto" I said narrowing my eyes as he backed away.

--

"Jeff, what's wrong with her? Why won't she wake up?" Newt asked as me, him, Thomas and Minho entered the hut.

"Hey man, I got my job the same way you did." He said, his voice raspy as he looked away. Newt rubbed his chin gently, as if in thought.

His head cocked upwards to look at Thomas. "Do you recognise her?" he asked.

"No, no I don't." the boy replied, falling over his words.

"Well, it seemed like she recognised you." Thomas just shrugged.

"What about the note?" he asked, sounding concerned.

I knelt down next to her, examining her face. I too did not recognise her. The only person I felt a familiarity to was Newt, but he already knew that, and funnily enough he felt the same.

"We'll worry about the note later." Newt responded, convincing no one that the concerns weren't already settling in.

"I think we should worry about it now." Thomas retorted, looking back at the blonde boy.

"There's no point in that, we'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows."

"I think Thomas is right Newt. If the box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we'll survive?" Jeff asked, sounding scared.

"No one said that, I'm sure it will be fine."

Just as he said that, Thomas got up and hurried out of the hut. We all looked back and forth between each other before Minho and Jeff scurried after him. I turned my gaze back to the girl, mostly looking at her wrists, trying to see if she had the same mark I did.

I tugged her left sleeve gently, revealing nothing and in turn, pulling it back down again.

I shivered slightly, not realising how cold it had gotten all of a sudden. Strange really, as it was quite sunny outside.

"Hey, are you cold?" Newt said from behind me, clearly seeing that I had shivered.

"Er yeah, just a little bit." I replied, pushing my lips into a thin line before adverting my gaze away from the boy. I don't know what it was, but looking directly at him made me feel odd. Like something was fluttering around in my stomach.

I hadn't even notice him removing his jacket as he said "Here, you can wear this if you want." My head shot back to him, as I saw him holding the item of clothing out to me. "Won't that make you cold?" I asked, raising my eyebrows a little.

"Nah, I'm baking." He said with a slight chuckle. "Thanks." I said, taking the jacket from his hand, fronting a small smile as I did so.

"No problem" He moved forward slightly, before cautiously placing his hand on my shoulder. It would have been nice, comforting even, if that wasn't where my wound was. I immediately jerked my shoulder away, wincing in pain.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that." He announced, sounding upset that he crossed a line. "No, no its fine I swear. You just put your hand on something sore. That's all."

He looked confused for a second, before asking "Oh, I'm sorry. What happened?" He knelt down next to me as I diverted my gaze again.

"I don't even know, only noticed it this morning." He saw my eyes staring at the floor, so decided to move his index finger up to my chin, bringing my head up again to look him in the eyes. My heart dropped.

"You should get it checked; I'm sure Jeff would know what to do." He said smiling, trying to sound comforting. I couldn't look away, even though I wanted to, I couldn't look away from his eyes.

"It's fine, I'm sure it's nothing." His eyes softened even more before saying. "Y/N, you don't have to be strong all the time, if it hurts, you should let the Med-Jacks help."

I moved my head back to the side, out of his reach again as I looked back down at the floor.

"I said it was nothing. It just looks like a healed over stab wound, that's all." His eyes widened at my comment, shocked at how nonchalant I sounded.

"Wait hold on. You never said it was a stab wound! Y/N, that's very serious, you need to go to Clint and Jeff ASAP." He explained, sounding really concerned.

"That's what it looks like anyway, but it only hurts when I touch it, other than that it's fine."

He stood up and reached his hand out in front of me. "Come on, we're going to find them so they can make that judgement for themselves." He said, grinning.

I huffed and put my hand in his as he pulled me off the floor. We walked out of the hut together, neither of us realising that we were still holding hands.  

-

A/N: AHHHH! I hope you guys like this chapter as i really enjoyed writing it :)) i thought it moved their relationship forward ever so slightly, and for any Chuck fans, i've got some more stuff with him in it coming your way :) 

My plan is to develop their relationship in a sweet brother & sister bond so i really hope i can do his character justice. Sweet dreams! xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 7.2K 23
'Sometimes it is the silent observer who sees the most.' || Maze Runner || || Scorch Trials - The Death Cure || || Newt x oc || || COMPLETED ||
213K 3.9K 44
Fem!ReaderxNewt Imagines, including requests, AUs and crossovers. As of Saturday 9th of January 2021, Requests are closed! Slow updates with no updat...
184K 3.9K 35
~ ššƒšš‘ššŽ šššš’šš›ššœšš šš‹šš˜šš˜šš” šš’šš— šššš‘ššŽ šš–ššŠšš£ššŽ šš›ššžšš—šš—ššŽšš› ššœššŽšš›šš’ššŽššœ. ~ šš‚šš‘ššŽ'ššœ šššš‘ššŽ šš’šš–šš™šš˜ššœššœšš’šš‹šš•ššŽ šššš’šš›šš• š™¶šš’šš›šš• šš’šš–šš™šš˜ššœššœšš’...
2.7K 104 13
š˜„š—µš—²š—¹š˜ƒš—² (š˜ƒ.) š˜š—¼ š—Æš˜‚š—暝˜† š˜€š—¼š—ŗš—²š˜š—µš—¶š—»š—“ š—±š—²š—²š—½; š˜š—¼ š—µš—¶š—±š—² in which newt has to face challenges and gets a new friend he'd expected...