๐Ÿ๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐ซ {๐ง๐ž๐ฐ๐ญ ๐ฑ...

By swagsterh0e

"๐ข ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ž ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ ." ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ... More

one: the girl
two: the knife
three: the better first impression
four: the pudgy boy
five: the mark
seven: the survivors
eight: the box
nine: the wound
ten: the syringe
eleven: the argument
twelve: the favourite
thirteen: the pit
fourteen: the idea
fifteen: the escape
sixteen: the grievers
seventeen: the control room
eighteen: the gun
nineteen: the helicopter
twenty: the landing
twenty one: the reason we're all still alive
twenty two: the checkups
twenty three: the deal
twenty four: the handcuffs
twenty five: the vents
twenty six: the not dead but also not alive either
twenty seven: the shock that nothing happened
twenty eight: the creatures without a name
twenty nine: the freedom we all wish for
thirty: the terrifying realisation
thirty one: the lightning shock
thirty two: the three questions
thirty three: the constant bleeding
thirty four: the collapsing of the ceiling
thirty five: the plan b
thirty six: the explosion
thirty seven: the one who decides if you get to stay
thirty eight: the counting to ten over and over again
thirty nine: the kidnapping of our own
forty: the explanation
forty one: the forgiving
forty two: the constant meetings
forty three: the not so approachable
forty four: the pain of empty promises
forty five: the new job opportunity
forty six: the beauty within anger
forty seven: the moon-lit dinner
forty eight: the boy who hates archery
forty nine: the injured solider
fifty: the day off
fifty one: the woman with the beautiful skin
fifty two: the genius
fifty three: the hope that always lets you down
fifty four: the suffering we aren't aware of
fifty five: the fear of loss
fifty six: the white sky
fifty seven: the girl full of surprises
fifty eight: the silver necklace
fifty nine: the disappointed expressions
sixty: the surrounding danger
sixty one: the boy who should have died back in the maze
sixty two: the hornet's nest
sixty three: the boy who's too humble for his own good
sixty four: the eight stupid fucking letters
sixty five: the man with that kind of smile
sixty six: the colour of his eyes
sixty seven: the gloom
epilogue <3
author's note

six: the maze

14.1K 295 199
By swagsterh0e

Y/N's POV:

We were all huddled like penguins around the doors, the tension hung in the air like a horrible smell. Everyone was clearly panicking; it was obvious by the way they carried themselves.

Newt would look down at his watch every minute or so, no longer trying to save face about the situation; he was just as concerned as the rest of them.

"Can't we send someone after them?" Thomas asked, looking up at Newt and Gally.

"It's against the rules." Gally retorted, immediately ignoring the idea.

"We can't risk losing anyone else."

They were right to be fair. What was one singular person going to do?

Everyone continued to stare into the maze, not removing their eyes for a second. A gust of wind flew towards us, sweeping the leaves up in its path.

The doors were beginning to move.

"There! There they are!" A boy was struggling through the walls, lugging what I assumed was an unconscious Alby, along the floor.

"Something's wrong" Newt said quietly, almost in disbelief.

"Come on Minho you can do it!" Chuck yelled next to me, stirring up other people to help encourage the boy to move faster.

"He's not going to make it" Thomas said, moving forward slightly.

The walls were still going, moving along against the ground, threatening to shut at any moment. The boys were still screaming behind me as I stood frozen, watching everything unfold.

Just as the walls were about to slam shut, Thomas ran into the maze.

"Thomas no!" Chuck bellowed after him, desperately trying to catch him in his grasp. Newt jolted forwards, reaching out to stop his friend from making a stupid mistake, but to no avail, missed him as the boy scrambled past the walls.

We all watched in awe as he made it to the other side by the scruff of his neck. The doors shut completely behind him.

Three of the Gladers were now officially stuck in the maze overnight.

I took a small step back, not believing what I had just witnessed.

No one said anything for a while, before Newt finally turned around to address the crowd. "Everyone to their beds. Now." 

Without a word, everyone sped off to the hammocks as they left me, Newt, Chuck and Gally to exchange frightened looks.

"What happens now?" Asked Chuck, his voice shaky.

I stared at the floor, not wanting to meet anyone's eyes.

"Chuck..." Newt started; the sadness apparent in his words. "They could make it. They're strong, and they have Minho. He's the keeper, he'll-" Chuck was abruptly cut off by Gally, who didn't seem to have much sympathy for the boy.

"They're gone Chuck. Might as well just accept that now." My head shot up to glare at Gally as he just looked back at me, annoyed.

"Gally go easy, maybe a more tasteful approach is the better way to deal with this type of situation, don't you think?" Newt remarked, clearly just as annoyed as I was with Gally's previous comment.

"Why sugar coat it? They're basically dead."

"Watch it, Gally" I spat, looking directly at him in anger. He moved very close to me, observing the height difference as a way to assert his dominance.

"Or what green bean?" He retorted, narrowing his eyes at me. "What are you going to do?" Moving even closer as he began to grab my arm. Just before he did, I seized his hand. I brought it up behind his back with force, causing him to yell out in pain, before using my foot to kick him to the floor. Planting, I'm sure, a large bruise on his lower back.

He fell face first, his arm still pinned behind his back as I watched him groan in confusion.

I kept my expression cold as I looked up slightly. "Night, boys." I said, before turning on my heel, heading towards to hut.

Newt never told me where else I should sleep, so I just figured another night there wouldn't hurt.

I didn't turn back, but I could feel their eyes on me as I walked away, their mouths agape in shock.

--

I wasn't aware of the time, but I knew it was late. It was pitch black outside, a deadly silence filled the Glade. I looked down at my wrist again, examining the tattoo as I traced the letters with my fingers. W.C.K.D.

What the hell does that mean? I wanted to ask Newt, or even Chuck, but for some reason I felt hesitant to do so.

I sat on the side of the bed and slumped my head into my hands. I've been here just over one day, and already three people are gone. Who's going to be leader now that Alby probably isn't coming back?

I laid back down on the bed again, just staring up at the ceiling before finally, sleep washes over me.

--

Sunlight came in through the window as I squeezed my eyes shut, shielding them from the blinding sight. I dragged myself out of the door to see no one. Damn, I really must wake up early.

I looked over at the showers and toilets and decided to head over and shower before everyone else got up.

They looked like locker rooms, if they are indeed what locker rooms looked like, I couldn't be too sure. I hurried in, wanting to finish before anyone else woke up. I quickly removed my clothes and hopped in the shower's cold water. I noticed for the first time how muscular my legs and arms were; I'll keep that in mind.

I rubbed soap all over myself but just as I moved my hand over the back of my shoulder, I felt a great deal of pain coming from a particular spot. I continued to move my fingers over the sore patch before turning to the mirror on the side of the wall.

I turned my head to get a good look as I saw a large, mostly healed wound plastered on my upper back. What the fuck? It looked like a stab wound, and a pretty nasty one at that. It seemed to have been there for a while as the skin over it wasn't red or inflamed and it only hurt slightly when I touched it. I shrugged and finished washing all of the soap off my body before grabbing one of the towels on the side.

I quickly dried myself off before putting the clothes I had just worn back on. What else am I supposed to wear? They haven't given me any other clothes.

I walked back out of the showers and noticed a few people have emerged. One of them being Newt. As soon as he saw me, he started to run over.

"Hey! I wondered where you got to." He said, trying to force a smile.

"Hey" I returned, not showing any additional emotion as he had. He was about to say something else as someone yelled my name.

"Y/N!" Chuck yelled from a distance, running towards us, clearly out of breath. As he reached us, he tried to say something, but was unable to due to how out of breath he was. Newt watched him, grinning slightly as he watched the boy try to form a sentence.

"Hi, I was just coming over to see how you were doing, you know after what happened yesterday." He said as I tilted my head at him in confusion.

He looked at Newt perplexed as he turned back to me. "You know? When you attacked Gally for being rude? Do you not remember that?"

"Oh yeah right, of course" I replied, surprised at myself that I even forgot that happened. "Well, I just wanted to say thanks, I guess. He was being a jerk and you sure put him in his place" the boy said, a grin appearing on his face.

I didn't say anything in response so he continued, "You're gonna have to teach me to do that. It was bloody awesome."

I smiled slightly, mostly with my eyes "Sure I guess, although I'm not really sure how I did it." I said, pushing my lips into a thin line. The boy laughed a little before Newt interjected.

"The doors should be opening soon, we should head over." The mood immediately changed, remembering the previous evenings events. We both nodded before following him to the opening. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 4K 58
แด›สœแด‡ ๊œฑแด‡Qแดœแด‡สŸ แด›แด ๊œฑแดแดœส€ ส™แดส// ษขแด€สŸสŸสxส€แด‡แด€แด…แด‡ส€ สแดแดœ ๊œฑแด€แดก แด›สœแด‡แด สŸษชแด แด‡. สแดแดœ ๊œฑแด€แดก แด›สœแด‡แด แด…ษชแด‡. ส™แดœแด› ษชษด แด›สœแด‡ ๊œฑแด„แดส€แด„สœ สœแดแดก แดกษชสŸสŸ ส/ษด ๊œฑแดœส€แด ษชแด แด‡? แดกแด‡ แด€ส€แด‡ แดแด‡แด› แดกษชแด›สœ แด€ ส™แดœษดแด…สŸแด‡ แด๊œฐ ษดแด‡แดก แด„สœ...
8.9K 304 13
๐™๐™ƒ๐˜ผ๐™ ๐™’๐™Š๐™‰'๐™ ๐™Ž๐˜ผ๐™‘๐™€ ๐™๐™Ž โœ โซ โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ช๐™œ๐™ ๐™›๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข ๐™ช๐™จ? โž ' ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๏ฟฝ...
741K 22K 109
แด›สœแด‡ส สŸษชแด‡, ๊œฑแด›แด‡แด€สŸ, แด„แดœส€๊œฑแด‡ สŸษชแด‹แด‡ แด€ ๊œฑแด€ษชสŸแดส€, ษขแด€๊œฑสŸษชษขสœแด›, แด›ส€ษชแด„แด‹, แด›แด‡สŸสŸ แดŠแดแด‹แด‡๊œฑ แด€แด› แด›สœแด‡ แดกแดส€๊œฑแด› แด›ษชแดแด‡๊œฑ, ๊œฐสŸษชส€แด›, สœแด€แด แด‡ แด€ษด แด€แด แด‡ส€๊œฑษชแดษด แด›แด แด›ส€แด‡แด‡๊œฑ, แด แด€ษดแด…แด€สŸษชแดขแด‡, แด€ษดแด… แด›สœแด‡ส สŸษชแด‹แด‡ แด‹ษดษชแด ...
31.4K 977 24
๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐š›๐š ๐š‹๐š˜๐š˜๐š” ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š–๐šŠ๐šฃ๐šŽ ๐š›๐šž๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š› ๐šœ๐šŽ๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐šœ. ~ ๐™ฑ๐šž๐š ๐™ธ ๐š๐šž๐šŽ๐šœ๐šœ ๐š’๐š'๐šœ ๐š๐š’๐š–๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜ ๐šœ๐šŠ๐šข ๐š๐š˜๐š˜๐š๐š‹๐šข๐šŽ ๐™ถ๐š˜๐š˜...