The one, the only... {Gilb...

By scft_simp

I do not own any characters except Rose Barry! More

~Characters~
~Posting schedule~
1.The arrival of Rose
2.School
4.biscuits for the boys
no wifi
5.Minnie may's sick
6.A cold
hey!
7. My savor
8.The death
Posting Dates!
Rose's backstory
9.Funeral
10. Graveyard
Covers!
11. "Come home someday"
12. Goodbye...
A new beginning
1.Do I like Gilbert?
2. Realiszetion
3.A discovery
4.Gold in Avonlea
5.Trinidad
6. School..
7.
8. Funereal
9. The only one left...
10. robbed
11. social etiquette
12. His letter
13. "A skirt isn't an invitation!"
14. He's back...
15.
Discontinued?

3.The fire

1.9K 21 5
By scft_simp

Rose's pov

It was a normal day. Diana and I were walking to school casually talking along the way. I saw Anne sitting near and decided to go talk to her.

"Diana why don't you ahead inside. I'll be there in a bit."I was walking to where Anne was sitting when someone stepped in front of me. It wasn't a girl because the person was tall.

"Hey, pretty lady. where do you think you're going?" the boy in front of me I had never seen before.

He had blonde hair that was slicked back. He looked like he came from a rich family.

"It's none of your business," I said taking a few steps as he walked closer.

"Get away from me!" I yelled as I ran into the schoolhouse not bothering to look back.

I was panting as I walked inside.

"Oh, dear Rose are you okay?!"Diana asked as she rushed over to my side as well as Anne who had come inside while that all happened But none of the other girls seem to move. 

They were all giving me disgusted looks but the worst one of all was Josie's.

I felt weak to my knees.

"The blonde boy.. who is he?" I  managed to choke out in between breaths.

"Oh him? Billy Andrews. Why do you ask?" said Anne. 

"It's nothing.."I didn't want to worry them more.

Anne helped hang my coat and we sat down in our seats.

~

Third-person pov

As the class went on Rose's mind started wandering to gilbert and the walk they had the other day.

              They walked side by side as the wind blew in Rose's hair making it a tad bit messy.

Rose smiled as Gilbert talked about his father and how they traveled the world. He spoke with so much passion. 

"How do you like so far?" he said turning to face me.

"I do like it here but," she said looking down.

"You can tell me anything you know..." said gilbert placing his hand on her shoulder.

"Well back at home my mother i-is sick. Father says she'll get better but I know she won't. I ju-just don't want her to leave me." she said holding back as many tears as she could but some still spilled out.

She quickly wiped them away.

Gilbert felt bad for the girl.

"My father's sick too. I don't think he's going to get better either."

~

Rose's thoughts were cut off by Mr.Phillips yelling at her.

"Miss.Barry! Are you not paying attention while I'm teaching"

Rose slightly jumped.

"I-I'm so-sorry I wa-" she was cut off by him telling her to come to the blackboard.

Pure humiliation came over her as she slowly walked to the blackboard.

"I will pay attention in class," said Mr.Phillips as he wrote on the blackboard.

He handed the chalk to Rose.

She began writing.

~

Soon the day ended and everyone went home.

Rose was walking home alone today because Anne and Diana had some plans.

As she walked she got lost in her thoughts again.

She was so embarrassed about what happened today.

Her feet came upon the Barry's patio and she stepped inside the house.

Night fell and Rose went to bed.

But she was soon awoken by Diana shaking her.

"Rose! There's a fire in town. Come on we have to go." she said pulling Rose out of bed.

They both quickly ran downstairs and grabbed buckets and filled them with water. 

Diana, Rose, and Aunt Elizabeth went by carriage as for Uncle William he went by horse to get there faster.

~

Rose's pov

As we got closer to the house I recognized it as the Gillis' house.

I had walked by here this morning.

We got off the carriage and gave the water buckets to Uncle William as he passed them on.

"Anne!" yelled Diana as she ran to hug her.

I ran after and also hugged Anne.

They were talking about how much they missed each other even though they saw each other this morning.

The house was blazing in flames. It was unrecognizable.

The fire wasn't claiming down either.

The doors and windows were open that's what's making the fire worse.

I didn't even think twice I just ran in ignoring the cries from Aunt Elizabeth, Diana, and Anne.

Before I went in I took some random cloth and soaked it in water.

I opened the door and ran to where the fire was.

There was fire everywhere.

I ran to the room furthest to the hall.

I slammed the door closed and put the wet cloth underneath.

I went to the second door and went to close it but I heard someone call my name.

"Rose!" I look up to see gilbert a worried look across his face.

I take no notice of him calling my name as I slammed the door and did the same thing for the rest of them.

I walked down the stairs and it became harder to breathe. 

My vision became blurry.

As soon as I got to the bottom of the stairs my vision turned black.

~

Third-Person pov

The fire finally calmed down but Rose still hadn't come out of the house yet.

Diana was in tears. Aunt Elizabeth looked terrified and Anne was trying to comfort both of them.

Aunt Elizabeth called someone over to find Rose somewhere in the house.

They wouldn't have to look around much because Rose was lying unconscious near the door.

The person that Aunt Elizabeth asked happened to be Gilbert.

He was also very worried as seen he saw her in the house.

He opened the door and look around but found her fairly quickly.

He picked her up. She happened to be quite light so it wasn't very hard for him to carry her outside.

As soon as he got back out with her limp body in his arms everyone crowded around to see if she was okay.

They took a closer look at her.

"She's not breathing!" someone around them yelled.

Somebody went to fetch the doctor but Gilbert knew that it would be a while until he arrived.

She started moving a bit but only a little for Gilbert to notice.

"Rose! I need you to breathe for me!" he said in a panic.

She took a small breath.

He tried to keep calm as he tried to help her.

The doctors soon arrived and checked up on her.

Luckily it was nothing terrible. She just consumed too much smoke.

The Barry's took her home.

She was a real hero. If it wasn't for her the house would have been burnt and nothing would be left of it.

~

word count :  {1147}

A/n~

I just finished the chapter and I feel so good cause I've been wanting to do this one for a while. Hope you enjoy

xoxo

-Rose

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.6K 1K 25
imagines/short stories based on the Narnia characters requests are closed for now i do not own any of these characters.
2.6K 64 11
Just a zadison fanficπŸ’—
44.1K 583 17
I Y E A R N F O R Y O U [S E A S O N O N E] [I DO NOT OWN ANY OTHER CHARACTERS OR PLOT LINES OTHER THAN THE ONES I CREATE] [BOOK 1 OF 3]