Sabır (Patience) - Kurulus Os...

By cookiemun

A Kurulus Osman fanfic ~UNDER EDITING~ "Dundar, Kardeşim, will you take Ceyda with you to our brother's tribe... More

Prologue + A/N
Glossary
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
A/N
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Ceyda
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue

Chapter 25

312 27 19
By cookiemun

"Kizim, I'm sorry."

Ceyda quickly awoke from her nightmare. There was a blurred figure like before, and she felt the same voice that sparked recognition. It was just about to kill Ceyda when her brain awoke her. She sighed in frustration when she realized she was still in the Mongol area.

"It's fine, Ceyda... You did this, so you will pay the price," Ceyda calmed herself. She stood up and stretched, then washed her face and was about to wear her armour when she frowned.

"This thing again..."

Ceyda never liked changing her clothes too often, mainly because she would get attached to whatever clothing she wore. But this time, it was different. This was not handmade by the women of the tribe or purchased from the prosperous markets of Sogut. These were Mongol clothes, and Mongols destroyed her tribe. Her family. Her father. Before images of death and destruction could appear in her mind, she wondered if there were any other clothes.

She looked around the room, and her eyes landed on a cupboard that seemed as if it would contain clothes. She walked towards it and opened it, revealing at least ten unique outfits, similar to the ones she took off the day before. She smiled. "Now, that's more like i-Snap out of it, Ceyda," she smacked her head. She never showed an interest in new clothing before; she didn't understand what she was going through now.

Ceyda examined the outfits one by one when her smile fell upon a unique dark red coloured armour with a jet-black inner. She immediately fell in love with the outfit. Excitedly, she took it out and put it on. She tied her hair into a messy bun and reached for the hat she wore before, but she could not find it. She searched the room over and over, but there was no sign of the hat. "Where is that stupid hat...? I could have sworn I left it there before-"

Her confusion suddenly turned into anger, "Kongar...But I locked the door how-" she turned to see a window half-open and facepalmed at her stupidity. "No wonder it was so cold yesterday... but he wouldn't be that desperate. No, that's not him...but then again, I don't know him."

Before she wasted hours thinking about whether it was Kongar or not, she searched the room once more for anything she could put over her head without drawing too much attention. Her hands landed on a piece of clothing. She picked it up and analyzed the long red scarf. It was too small to wrap around her head, so she tied it around like a bandana. It didn't cover all her hair, but she concluded it was better than nothing. She attached her weapons and left the room.

Right before taking another step, she came back to shut the window, "Not this time." The view was of the area in front of the inn. Ceyda saw some Mongols standing guard, but she didn't see Balgay. "Maybe he's inside." She left the room and walked down to the main area of the inn. He wasn't there either. After searching a bit more, she decided to ask the soldiers, "Asker, where is Comm-my father Balgay?"

"He went to the forest with the other Mongol soldiers, Commander Ceyda."

Ceyda was shocked. Commander Ceyda? Vai, it even has a nice ring to it... Commander Ceyda, Komutan Ceyda, Komu-

"Balgay told us to escort you to the forest when you wake up. After you."

"I don't need an escort. I can go myself."

"You don't know the secret place, Commander."

Ceyda contained her thrill of being called Commander and agreed, "Okay, let's go."

The soldier pointed to a spare horse, which Balgay apparently took out for her, and mounted his. Ceyda patted the horse. It was a strong, white mare with light grey marks. She mounted the horse and rode towards the secret place with the soldiers.

They arrived, and Ceyda made sure to note the routes so she could inform Osman Bey later. She jumped off her horse and passed the reins to one of the soldiers.

"Commander Balgay is waiting for you. Excuse us."

Ceyda nodded and peered at the biggest tent in the campsite. She noticed a tall, blonde-haired man standing guard outside of the tent and smirked, "Sarışın asker." Beside Kongar were Balgay and Cerkutay, talking.

Ceyda analyzed her surroundings and the entire campsite, recording the number of Mongols standing guard and their positions, and at the same time, planning on how one could attack or infiltrate. She noticed that they were still setting up, so it would be the perfect opportunity.

Ceyda was gifted with quick thinking and planning. She was able to determine which angle would be the best to attack from whenever her uncles used to plan battles and which they should keep an eye out for, resulting in their countless victories. Now, she was helping Osman.

She remembered packing some ink, a pen, and a piece of paper before leaving and quickly took them out. She took cover behind the horses and quickly jotted down everything she learned so far: Balgay's plans to take over Constantinople, the secret place, the guards, and her plans. When she finished, she rolled up the paper after drying it and tucked it in her clothes. She was about to head to Balgay's tent when she saw a small, black-cloaked figure arrive.

Kongar walked towards the figure, so Ceyda ducked behind the horses and watched. Kongar leaned over the cloaked person and smirked, then led the figure, who walked hesitantly, to Balgay. Ceyda craned her neck a little to get a better view of the mystery person. She assumed it could not have been a Mongol since they would not be greeted this way and would be walking proudly. What if it's a Turk? A traitor...

She watched the cloaked person. They seemed frightened and disgusted by the Mongol's who were currently doing everything to show their frightening, animal side. Ceyda almost pitied the figure, "You're clearly uncomfortable, so why would you come here?"

Ceyda noticed Balgay say something, but she couldn't understand what. He was too far. Ceyda moved quietly and slowly towards Balgay and the figure. She didn't want to show herself to the mystery arrival as she didn't know if they were a traitor yet. She stayed hidden as the figure and Kongar followed Balgay and Cerkutay into the tent.

Ceyda wouldn't be able to see the person now, so she decided she had gathered enough information so far. She looked around for a way to sneak out and headed towards the best one she thought would be when she heard a deep voice.

"Where do you think you're going?"

It was Kongar.

Ceyda took a deep breath and calmed herself, "I was just going to check on the horses," she turned around and smiled innocently.

Kongar was confused and stared at the stables. It was in the complete opposite direction of where Ceyda was headed. "Well, the horses are there."

"Oh, I know. I was going to get some plants...for them because they eat it, and without... food... they die," Ceyda mentally shook her head at her unbelievable excuse and imagined Konur's disapproval. Konur would usually be the one bending the truth, not her. She remembered him giving tips about lying when they were children and would get into all sorts of trouble.

Always give the most innocent, normal face, then the lie will automatically come to you.

Ceyda smiled innocently at Kongar, waiting for him to buy it, "Back at the tribe, I learnt about different herbs, and it seems like these horses need further care. So, since I'm here, I figured I should do what I can."

Kongar nodded, making Ceyda sigh in relief. "Well, Balgay was waiting for you, but you never came. So, he told me to call you."

"Okay, let's go now."

"No. Come, I will train you."

Ceyda snickered, "You? Train me? I think you're forgetting who I am, softie."

Didn't she forget who she was? "First, don't call me softie, and second, you don't have a choice. Come."

"First, no, and second, wait, softie," Ceyda walked over to the horses and quickly put away her writing instruments. She kept the letter in her boot, so it would not have a chance of falling out. She continued pretending to get her 'extra' weapons when the figure who entered the tent came out. Though slightly covered, Ceyda instantly recognized their face, "Impossible..."

Instead of drowning in the fact that her mother may be a traitor, she rummaged for her pen, which held some ink still on it and wrote down: ANA.

"Come on," Kongar called, trying to see why Ceyda was taking so long. He then noticed Zohre Hatun walking towards the exit, which was near the stables. He could not let Ceyda see her. She would go crazy again. He rushed over to Ceyda and stood in front of the exit view just a second after she hid her notes and pen. "What are you doing?"

"Making sure you're coming."

"I saw someone go into my father's tent. Who was that?"

Kongar almost panicked, "Did you see who it was?"

Ceyda gave him a blank expression and Kongar suddenly became a little embarrassed, "Right, you wouldn't be asking if you saw."

"Were they a threat?"

"No... Not at all."

Ceyda nodded. So, either he is lying or something's going on between Ana and Bab-Balgay. Balgay.

Kongar grabbed his weapons and led Ceyda to the training area, making sure Zohre was out of sight. Whatever happened, he couldn't let Ceyda go mental again. Her depressing state was stressful for him. He cared too much to let her suffer like before. Kongar looked at Ceyda and noticed her new outfit, "It looks good on you."

"Did you bring me here to train me or flatter me, softie?" Ceyda smirked.

Kongar gazed into Ceyda's space-like eyes, remembered all aspects of her beautiful, fierce yet soft character and made a promise: No matter what happens, I will protect you with my life. He smirked back and raised his sword, ready to teach her everything he knew.

---

Arghh finally some progress. Sorry for taking so long to update. Vote/comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

597K 22.5K 26
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 IN ISLAM #10 IN SPIRITUAL "Tell me what you want. Anything. Just don't hurt them." That quirked his interest. "You would give me...
5.9K 930 24
{Editing} ~Goktug Love story~ Daughter of Tekfur Thomas was very humble and amiable. She was a youthful, admirable women which many men adore. Elenor...
11.9K 199 25
Suna and kaya after Seyran speech.. Story talks about how they work on themselves as well as their relationship, for their future family. Don't want...
8.5K 491 24
"You tried to target my siblings and I did what my heart said." I said looking in her eyes and she rolled her eyes. "Your that stupid heart didn't l...