Zombies 5

By Meloetta246

*Sequel to Zombies 4* It's been two years since graduation and just as everyone is settling into their colleg... More

A Look at Our Lives
College Life
Roomies
What Happens at Z-Tech, Stays at Z-Tech
The Championship Game
Such a Familiar Gleam
An Unwelcome Guest
Walk in the Woods
A Not-So-Warm Welcome
Old Ways, New Tricks
Hurt
A Step Forward
Descendants News!
Once Upon a Dream
Solving Riddles
Lost
And Found
Zombies 3 is Coming 2022!
The Painful Truth
Secret Sibling
Look to the Past
More Than Meets The Eye
Family Ties
What Hurts The Most
Different Kinds of Love
Brothers
The Start of Something New (Epilogue)
Coming June 16....

Come Home

889 20 22
By Meloetta246

"Wynter?"

Her name was barely a whisper on his lips as Walker backed further into the entrance of the den.

"You shouldn't be here."

Wynter stepped closer. "Neither should you. Your friends are worried, my friends are worried, I'm worried. Walker, what is going on? Talk to us."

"Please." Walker pleaded. "Please just go home. Both of you."

Wynter shook her head firmly. "No. I will not just leave you here, and clearly neither will Wade. Whatever is going on, we'll fix it together. You helped me feel better after Willa snapped at me. Now it's my turn to help you. Go get Wren and let's talk this out."

The color drained from Walker's face at the mention of Wren's name and he immediately shook his head. "No, I- I can't do that. Just leave us alone."

"Walker--"

"I said leave!" Walker snapped, glaring at Wynter as his moonstone began to pulse with energy.

Wade took advantage of the distraction and made a run for the den, darting inside before Walker could stop him.

"Wade, no!" Walker called after him as he disappeared inside the den.

Wynter stared at the den's now barren entrance before making her way towards it. She stopped just inside the entrance and peered into the dimly lit cave. Inside, Walker was standing off to the side as Wade kneeled next to Wren. Her face was pale and she trembled despite the blanket wrapped around her small frame.

Wade placed the back of his hand against Wren's forehead before flinching away as if he'd been burned. He turned to Walker, his eyes full of questions, but he only asked one. "Why?"

Walker looked away, refusing to meet his gaze. "I didn't know what else to do, Wade. You saw how quickly the illness spread through our pack. I couldn't risk it killing the Lykensen pack too. I figured the only way I could keep you and everyone else safe was by taking Wren and leaving."

Wynter placed a hand on his shoulder and Walker jumped in surprise, turning to look at her with wide eyes. Wynter met his gaze and could see the flood of emotions he was holding back: worry, anxiousness, concern, sadness, fear.

"You made a difficult choice to protect those you care about." Wynter stated gently. "There's no shame in that. But now that we're here, let us help."

"What can you do?" Walker asked. "Our elders and healers could do nothing against this illness. What makes you think that you can help?"

"The Great Alphas of the past came to Addison in a dream." Wynter explained. "The first Great Alpha, Wajiha, told her the blood of the Lupus Clan's Alpha is the key to curing the illness. That's you Walker. You, could help us stop this illness."

Walker stared at her in disbelief. "Is that true? My blood could stop this? It--It could save Wren?"

"It is." Wynter nodded. "But we need to go to Z-tech. They have the experts and technology to make the cure from your blood. They can also help Wren until the cure has been made. The people there are good, you can trust them."

Walker nodded, newfound determination in his eyes. "If it will help Wren, let's go. This illness moves fast and we've already wasted enough time."

"Let's get going then." Wynter replied, nodding in agreement before turning to Wade. "Can you go back to the Den and let the others know to meet us at Z-Tech? I'll make sure Walker and Wren make it Z-Tech safely."

Wade nodded slowly and left the den without a word, disappearing into the forest. Walker watched him go before scooping up Wren in his arms. She whimpered softly and buried her face in his chest as he adjusted his grip around her small frame. He pressed his forehead against hers and whispered to her soothingly. "You're gonna be okay Wren, I'm right here. I'll always be right here."

Wren settled in his arms and Walker gave Wynter a quick nod towards the entrance. "Lead the way."

🐾

Wynter sighed in relief when the familiar three story building came into view. After their long hike through the woods they had finally made it to Z-Tech.

Wynter led Walker up to the front doors and she was surprised to see a familiar face waiting for them. "Bucky?"

"Hey Wynter." Bucky greeted. "Addison called to give us a heads up that you were on your way here."

Wynter nodded. "That's good. So where is Dr. Andrews and Dr. Hazel?"

"They're upstairs getting the lab ready to make this cure Addison was talking about." Bucky explained. "Now follow me so I can examine Wren and get her what she needs."

"You?" Wynter questioned as they followed him inside.

Bucky rolled his eyes as he led them down the hall. "Yes, me. I might still be an intern but I've learned alot here. I can perform an initial examination and tend to her needs until Dr. Andrews and Dr. Hazel come down to do more."

Wynter just nodded, taken aback by Bucky's professional tone. He definately wasn't the same arrogant teenager she had met in high school and she felt bad for acting surprised that he was taking charge of Wren's care.

Bucky led them into a room and immediately walked over to a sink to wash his hands. "Lay her on the bed. I'm going to set up what I need then I'll begin my examination."

Walker moved over to the bed and laid Wren down. She stirred, blinking groggily as her eyes adjusted to the bright lighting in the room. "Walker?"

"I'm right here Wren." Walker told her gently. "We're safe. Wynter brought us to see some people who can help you feel better. Just rest okay?"

Wren nodded, closing her eyes and snuggling deeper into the bed. Walker brushed the loose hair back from her face before looking over at Bucky who was putting on a pair of gloves. He noticed the white streak in Bucky's hair and his eyes widened in surprise. "You're a werewolf?"

"Partly." Bucky admitted, walking over to Wren's bedside. "My great grandmother was a werewolf. I'm mostly human so besides my mark I have no other wolf traits or need for a moonstone. Addison and Wyatt got their full werewolf powers though. They're my cousins."

Walker relaxed at his admission. "I'm not against humans, but I'm glad you're one of us. You'll make sure they take good care of her right?"

Bucky nodded. "Of course, but you don't need to worry. Dr. Andrews and Dr. Hazel are good people. If there's a cure, they'll find it."

"Alright." Walker said, stepping back so Bucky could start his examination.

"Wren, I'm going to start my exam now." Bucky told her softly. "Just relax and don't move. You're just going to see a small light."

Wren nodded, stretching her hand towards Walker. Walker took her hand and held it as Bucky began to look her over. He started by checking her eyes, ears, nose, and throat with a small light, scribbling notes down on his clipboard as he went along.

Once he was done, Bucky put the light away and used his fingers to feel the sides of her neck, checking her lymph nodes for swelling or tenderness. He scribbled on his clipboard again before placing the stethoscope in his ears.

"Can you take a few deep breaths for me Wren?" Bucky asked.

Wren took a few breaths as Bucky listen to her heart and lungs. He wrote down his findings before picking up a thermometer and holding it to her lips. "Wren, I need you to hold this under your tongue for just a minute, then we'll be all done for now."

Wren opened her mouth, allowing Bucky to place the thermometer under her tongue. She closed her mouth and they all waited until a high-pitched beeping filled the room. Bucky took the thermometer from her and checked it, his eyes widening when he saw the results.

"What? What is it?" Walker asked as Bucky put the thermometer on the counter and headed for the door.

"Her temperature is 104.8, that's dangerously high for someone her age." Bucky explained. "I'm going to get some aspirin and ice packs. We need to cool her down."

Walker slumped down in the chair beside Wren's bed as Bucky left the room, burying his head in his hands.

Wynter placed a hand on his shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze. "She's going to be okay. Bucky knows what he's doing."

Walker ran his hands through his hair. "I just feel so useless. I'm her big brother, I'm supposed to protect her. Instead all I can do is sit here and watch as other people do my job."

"Siblings, parents, Alphas, they all have their limits Walker." Wynter admitted. "There will always be moments when things are out of your control. All you can do is push through it and hope for the best. You followed me and brought Wren here. You're letting people who have experience with these things help her. You've done everything you can. Now, the most important thing is that you're here with her. That's what Wren needs right now, her big brother telling her it's going to be okay."

Walker nodded and met her gaze. "Thank you Wynter. I needed to hear that."

Wynter smiled then turned when she heard the door open. Bucky came back in carrying a plastic basin and a small paper cup. He sat the basin on the counter then walked over to Wren. "Hey Wren, I've got some medicine for you. All you need to do is swallow it. Wren's hand shook as she took the cup, quickly taking the two pills before laying back down.

Bucky tossed the cup in the trash before grabbing the ice packs from the basin and placing them under and around Wren's body to help bring down her temperature.

"Will the medicine make her better?" Walker asked.

Bucky sighed and shook his head. "It will reduce her fever and help with any minor symptoms, but the relief will be temporary. Dr. Hazel is on her way down to continue the exam and take some blood work and samples from both of you to do some tests. Until we get those results, all we can do is wait."

Author's Note

I really wanted to finish this chapter. Enjoy guys.

-Meloetta246

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 5.2K 26
Veronica Andrews is a student at Seabrook High School and a member of the cheer team. On the day she was born, her world was destined to change. She...
8K 261 17
When your ten years old the only people in your world are your friends and parents, you're on top of the world and a day lasts a decade. That's how i...
81.2K 1.6K 28
Book 2 of where I belong series - It's been a year now since Y/n found out that she was the Great Alpha and it's been great She and Wyatt have an am...