Moon Lovers ✓

By nari_elle

"Ouchh!" I winced in pain, struggling to get back on my feet. Squatting beside me, he stared at me in a ridic... More

🌙1| Throwback
🌙2|Memories Ahead
🌙3|Mysteries
🌙4|Reminders
🌙5|Rumours
🌙6| Moments
🌙7| Gists
🌙8| Gaming
🌙9| Leftovers
🌙10|Decisions
🌙11|Propositions
🌙12| Swift escape
🌙13|Problems
🌙14|Accusations
🌙15| Drama
🌙16|Murder
🌙17| Revelations
🌙18|Slides
🌙19|Chaos
🌙20|Dilemna
🌙21|Prophecy
🌙22| Restrictions
🌙23|Surprises
🌙24|Frustrations
🌙25| Identity
🌙26|Flashbacks
🌙27| It continues
🌙28|Distinctions
🌙29| Death perks
🌙31|More problems
🌙32| Reflections
🌙33| Stakes
🌙34| Temptations
🌙35| Drafts
🌙36| Reverse
🌙37| Torment
🌙38|Judgement
🌙39| Ends meet
Trailer: Blood Moon (Moon Series #2)

🌙30| Pain

45 9 0
By nari_elle

Tearing up, I shook her to wake her up, but she didn't respond to my calls  Holding the wounded part, I cried uncontrollably, shaking my head. "Tricia!" As he lowered his head, his hands dropped by him. Taking a step forward, I saw blood dripping onnthr floor. When I traced the direction of the blood, I saw a stained knife in someone's hand. But as I looked up to the owner, I eyes wavered.

After dropping her head on the floor, I struggled to get back on my feet and march to him angrily. Grabbing him by his collar, I screamed, closing my eyes as tears run down my face.

"Why did you kill her! Why!" I complained pouncing on him.  With my hands firmly on his throat, I looked up after opening my eyes to look into his. His intense melancholy glare in mine made my eyes shiver tearing up. I could tell everything by looking into them. But at this moment, I didn't want to believe the truth in his eyes.

  Lowering his eyes, the knife slipped from his hands, clamping over the tarred road. Unable to hold myself back, I hit Jim with my hands repeatedly, resting my head in his chest. "Why did you kill her?! Why did she have to die too?!"

  Folding his arms over my body, he hugged me, patting me supportively. He used his left hand to prevent staining my back with her blood. Looking at his blood stained hands, he closed his eyes for a minute, feeling restless to have taken another life. Did he have to go back to his previous life?

  Hugging me, he apologized, "I'm sorry. She would've killed you if I didn't do it. Her desire for blood would've affected the society. She's uncontrollable." I cried shaking my head. I didn't want to believe that Tricia was dead too. This time, it was because of me again. I lost another person to him.

Looking back at the dead bodies lying on the floor, I realized she was the one that fed on them. He was right, but she didn't have to die like that. It's all my fault!

In tears, I clenched my fists angrily taking a few steps back. "I'll kill that Ian. Where is he?! Come out!" I moved around aimlessly looking around for him. After being pulled back to my previous spot, I looked up into his eyes in despair.

"He's not here. I'm sure he just made you come here to see what he did to her," Adrian said. Frustrated, I run my hands in my hair kneeling in front of her. While holding her up, I bent down over her body, crying. "She had nothing to do with this. I did this to her, and he's going to target more people if I don't surrender the spell books!"

Adrian sighed and held my shoulder supportively. "The lives of the whole city is in your hands. He'll get the upper hand. By then, everyone will be doomed." He was right. I couldn't be selfish, but it was so horrible watching people I care about die right in front of me

How many sacrifices did I have to make? Turning to her in tears, I heard ambulance and police patrols' sirens getting closer. "We have to go. The police will get here soon." I sobbing as the police patrols and the ambulance eventually got closer.

Max held my hand quietly, picked his knife from the floor and pulled me along, running to the dark alley to avoid the police. "We need to leave!" I felt sick to my stomach. I turned to him jerking my hand off.

"No. I cannot leave her. She needs me." He rubbed his hand through his hair grabbing my hand. "They'll blame us for this. She's already dead. They won't believe that she turned to a vampire so we had to kill her. Please listen to me."

I sulked, wiping my tears with a nod. I let him hold my hand as we ran away from the police custody. I watched behind me while running as they pulled a stretcher to pick her up.

Standing in the dark, I saw stretchers pulled along the snowy floor towards the dead bodies. "Get more! We need assistance!" As they dragged the bodies on to the stretcher, the policemen stepped out of their patrols, looking around keenly. An off limit poster was used to surround the murder scene.

  "Clara!" Max yelled. His tone shook me up before I moved back nodding hesitantly after swallowing a lump in my throat. "Let's go," he added dragging me away. Still crying, we rushed to the bus station in the snow. He cleaned his hand with a handkerchief and threw it on the floor.

  Before I realized, he dumped a lighter on it. It started to burn out leaving only ashes behind.  He thrashed it with his foot abd turned to me with a sigh. "It's good you have gloves on. Your fingerprints won't appear on her body."

Listening to him only talking about me us being traced to her death made my head ache. Looking away, I rushed for the bus and sat down, remaining silent thought the ride. Immediately the bus stopped at my house, I moved down the stairs and walked towards the door.

"Clara!" Max yelled running after me. I didn't respond to his calls. The only thing I could do is keep on walking, at least away from everyone. I wanted to be on my own. I bashed into my house marching to the hall.

"Why did you run out alone? What if something happened to you? I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. Moreover, if I didn't find you, the vampires wouldn't let you go."

I moved into the kitchen and gulped a whole glass of water, throwing the glass on the table after. When I tried to walk to my room, he grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

"Are you okay? Why aren't you talking?" Adrian asked. Fuming,  I faced him directly and angrily, yanking his hand off.

"What does it look like? All you talk about is taking your hands off her death. My friend just died right I'm front of me. Can you spare me those questions?! I want to be alone." Closing my eyes, I banged the fridge door and  furiously marched to my room using the stairs.

"Where are you going? Clara!" Max said running after me. I stopped my tracks looking down from the stairs, "Just leave me alone okay!"

I ascended the stairs rushing over to my room. When he realized that I wasn't listening to him, he started running after me. "Clara!" Adrian called out. I banged the door quickly and slide my body over the door, crying profusely. He hit the door with his palms continuously but I dragged my body against the door until I was on the floor.

Sleeping by the door, I woke up in the morning with the alarm ring on my phone.

"Clara, are you okay? Open the door," Max accentuated standing by my door. Banging it, I got up and walked into my bathroom. As I stood by the sink, I wiped my face with the running water from the tap in the washroom and got ready. I quickly grabbed my bag from the bed and stepped out of my room.

 I opened the door surprised to see him standing in front of me. I brushed by him with lowered eyes before moving to the kitchen. He walked behind me and dashed to set the table for breakfast.

In silence, I grabbed a seat by the table and looked at the cup of coffee in front of me with disdain. He sat down passing me some biscuits to me on a tray. I turned away and stared at the cup. He sighed breaking the silence first.

"How are you now?" Keeping my lips sealed, I located a teaspoon on the table and took the teaspoon to stir the coffee playfully with no intention of drinking it.

I had lost my appetite to even think of having breakfast. Staring at me in melancholy, he kept talking. "Catherine called. She said the school's in a chaos. The police are interrogating all the students on Tricia's case." I looked at him for a moment turning to the door after hearing the bus honk.

I quickly grabbed my bag and run outside. Max hurried for his and chased after me out, picking the bus with me. As we stopped by the entrance, I found an active press crowding the school. The press had gathered around the school premises, interrogating the students aggressively.

  "Is it true that she committed suicide after killing all those people?" I hid amid the crowd with Adrian behind. Turning to the question, my eyes flickered in shock. "Was that what the police concluded with?" Snapping pictures, I covered my eyes to prevent being blinded.

  Spotting Jess crying by the lovers bench, my lips folded. "Jess!" I muttered rushing to her. She moved away from me and stared at me angrily.

 "Don't touch me! I've had enough. Don't tell me you had nothing to do with her death too. I don't believe she killed all those people!" I tried to defend myself but the words kept escaping from my mouth at each attempt. She was right about being a cause of her death.

"I knew it. Leave me alone. I don't wanna see you anymore. You're a murderer!" She pushed me away making me fall on the floor.

Students gathered around  whispering to each other. But Jess kept on laughing with tears.

"Jess. Please you don't understand," I explained holding her hands after standing on my feet. Adrian rushed into the crowd looking for me.

"What?! Tell me then? Kate didn't commit suicide. I was with her before she died. That man killed her that day.  I couldn't even help her. I didn't say a thing because he threatened to kill me if I spoke," she cried.

  Tears trickled down my face when she mentioned Kate. "What do you mean?" She laughed quietly moving back. "She came to me after her fight with you. She was crying. I promised to escort her home. When I turned back, I heard her scream. To my horror I saw a vampire sucking her blood. I couldn't move.

 When I tried to save her, he threw me back. Do you remember that day when I had that bruise? It was because of him. He mentioned your name. He said it was because of you. But I didn't believe him then."

I gulped looking at her confused. "Why did you keep quiet about this?" Her face was plastered with hate and despise, "And what would happen? No one would believe me. I kept it to myself because I refused to believe what he said about you. Did you also kill Amy Sparks and your mom? Is your dad inclusive? And Tricia, would I be next?" she asked laughing.

Everyone was looking at me with murmurs. I couldn't defend myself because she was speaking the truth. I had a hand indirectly with their deaths and I couldn't deny it. I wiped my tears, shaking my head.

Dragging her from there, I shook my head again. "No...I won't let that happen. I promise!" She looked away in disbelief before walking out on me. The press gathered around me criticizing, "So is it true? What do you have to say about Tricia Muffins death? Someone said they saw you at the crime scene. Your finger prints were on her body."

Who said I was at the scene? Why are others saying she killed those people? How did my fingerprint end up being exposed?  I bit my lip and looked around. I pushed them out of my away running to the hall.

 My tracks stopped when I heard Nathan's voice behind me. "Clara." I turned back, holding my bag.

"What is it?" He checked if Max was coming before he started talking.

"You have to stay away from Adrian. He'll kill you."

I opened my locker putting back some books in. "What? Again?" He closed my locker staring into my eyes.

"I have been following you guys since you were behaving weirdly. He killed Kate, then Tricia. He wasn't with you when you found her. He killed her and then put the blame on you. The police are investigating this. Your fingerprints are the only one on her body. He planned this with that vampire. How do you think someone saw you on the crime scene?"

     Comment 🌺 Vote 🌺 Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.3K 1.7K 10
"We shouldn't be doing this." I croaked, torn between my inner voice of reason, and the irresistible desire that had been building up within. In deni...
14.9M 517K 50
#01 in vampire [10.07.2017] #01 in fantasyfiction [14.03.2021] #2 in Prestige awards #03 in thriller [28.05.2018] #02 in romance [04.10.2018] I...
175K 5.5K 31
**********MATURE CONTENT(18+)********** I made my way to the huge brick house. Roses were scattered all across the ground that led me to the front do...