THE GREAT PRETENDER ¬ ACOTAR

Galing kay ungodIy-

❝ we're all great pretenders, aren't we? ❞ (pre-acotar to acowar) (eventual azriel x fem!oc) (ungodly- [2021]) Higit pa

THE GREAT PRETENDER
act i. ― FINDING HOME
chapter i.
chapter ii.
chapter iii.
chapter iv.
chapter v.
chapter vi.
chapter vii.
chapter viii.
chapter x.
act ii ― FAR FROM HOME
chapter xi.
chapter xii.
chapter xiii.
chapter xiv.
chapter xv.
chapter xvi.
chapter xvii.
chapter xviii.
chapter xix.
chapter xx.
act iii - FINALLY HOME
chapter xxi.
chapter xxii.
chapter xxiii.
chapter xxiv.
chapter xxv.
chapter xxvi.
chapter xxvii.
chapter xxviii.
chapter xxix.
chapter xxx.
chapter xxxi.
chapter xxxii.
chapter xxxiii.
chapter xxxiv.

chapter ix.

3.2K 187 28
Galing kay ungodIy-

*    · .      ✺        ✧ .   ✵  *   *    · .        ✵  *       ✫  *   .   ·          ⊹    ✺    .     ✧     ✦    ✫   .   ✫  * .               ·    ⊹    ✺ .        ✧ .   ✦    ✫   .  .

CHAPTER IX

SMALL HOUSE

"YOU CALLED FOR ME?" Cal asked as she entered the map room. Rhys was looking at the map of Velaris while he twirled a small house figurine on his fingers, "Yes, Cal, I did."

He points to the map, "What do you see?"

"A map."

Rhysand sighs, "I walked right into that one. Alright so if you were given a chance to get a house, would you like the riverside or by the Artist's quarters?"

"If you're looking for peace and quiet, the riverside would be a good pick," she answers truthfully, "But if you don't mind the noise, the Artist's quarters is nice too."

"And you," he looks at her, "What are you looking for?"

Rhysand was very grateful for Cal and Vik joining his family. They made the circle lighter in a way. The two provided a humor that can make every room brighten. Rhys wanted to do something more for Callaghan, that's why he thought that she would like to have a place of her own.

"I'm not looking for a house, I was looking for a home," Callaghan takes his hand, "And I found it."

"Rhys," she says before he could talk, "I appreciate the gesture, honestly, but I can't."

"Do you like it in the mountains?" He asked, confused.

The spy wanted to laugh, "No, Rhys. I want to stay here, whether in the townhouse or the House of Wind. I just― I've grown attached, and Vik seems to like it here too. So if you'll allow us, my lord, I'd like to stay. Unless of course if you'd want us to go, which is totally fine as well."

"No!" Rhysand was quick to protest, "Cal, I gave you a choice, and you chose to stay, I will honor that. Personally, I don't want you to leave, I just thought you'd like a place of your own."

"Don't go soft on me, Rhysand," she says, picking up the small figurine, "I like it here. But, when Vik grows up, I want him to have a choice too. So, if you will, save that for my boy."

He flashes her a smile, "I'll keep that in mind."

──────────────────────────────

CALLAGHAN KEPT HER STEPS LIGHT as she snuck behind Cassian, who was busy analyzing his next move at the board game he and Vik were playing. The young fae briefly glanced at her, but upon seeing her finger pressed to her lips, he remained quiet.

"Hi," Cal said, startling the Illyrian general. His wings flared so she had to move away quickly to avoid from getting hit.

"Cauldron, Callaghan!" he points a finger at her, heart beating fast from the shock, "Don't do that again!"

She chuckles as she sits on the arm of the chair where her brother sat on, "Can't promise you that, Cas."

"Az used to do that to me too, you know," he commented. "He has been rubbing off on you too much."

The spy smirked, "If there was any rubbing involved, I'd know for sure."

Vik groans, pushing her off the seat, "You're disgusting, Cal!"

Callaghan and Cassian laughed at the visible discomfort at the young fae's face. But then Cal sighs when she feels Rhysand call to her again.

"And with that, I will leave you boys to your game," she walks to the door, "Win it for me, Vik."

"Nope!"

──────────────────────────────

"YOU CALLED FOR ME, AGAIN?" she didn't even bother knocking as she appeared into his office. There, she also saw Azriel who leaned on a shelf.

"Ah, Cal," Rhys smiled, closing the book he was reading, "Just the person I was looking for."

She narrowed her eyes at him, "You called for me."

"I need you to go to the Day court," he cut to the chase, "Helion wrote to me saying he had information to share. I want you to get it for me."

"Only me?"

"Is there a problem?" he asked.

"Why don't you send spymaster Azriel?" she points to the said shadowsinger, "He's right there."

The two Illyrians shared a look before Rhys said, "He's on a day off."

"Mor?"

"Hewn."

"Cassian?"

"He'll be needed in the camps in a few hours."

"Amren?"

Rhys stared at her, "Do you think she'll do it?"

"Ok, fair enough."

"Just go on your mission, Cal," he said.

Cal's eyes travelled on both Azriel and Rhysand, watching them, "If you two are planning something against me―"

"You are dismissed, Callaghan," her high lord said, a smile gracing his face.

Before she leaves, she throws a nearby bookend at Azriel, which he unfortunately catches with ease.

──────────────────────────────

DINNER CAME ALONG, and Callaghan still wasn't back. It was supposed to be a quick trip and yet she was nowhere to be found.

"Cal not back yet?" Mor asked.

Rhysand shrugged, "She asked if she could stay the night. Helion wants to show her around."

"Throwing her to the wolf," Cas chuckles, "That's cruel, brother."

Vik didn't understand what's happening so he asked, "What's wrong with High Lord Helion?"

"Helion has a liking to almost every person in my Circle. I'd want to know if he'll like Cal too," Rhys explained, making the boy's jaw drop. "That is cruel," Viktor agreed.

"That's great," Azriel grumbles a little too loudly, which caused Cas and Rhysand to grin like crazy.

"Jealous, Az?"

"Come on, Rhys," Cas said, "You know Az doesn't like to share."

The shadowsinger just rolled his eyes.

──────────────────────────────

CALLAGHAN CAME BACK around the afternoon and joined Rhysand for tea after she reported to him.

"How was Helion?" he asked her, taking a sip from his cup.

"In bed or in general?"

Rhys paused, eyes wide. He didn't realize Helion would be that quick. "Uhm, just in general."

"He's great, really," she gushed as she took a sip from her own cup, "He said that we had a connection since I was born on the same day as the solstice. He also showed me around his court, it was beautiful too. And did you know he plays the flute? Oh, it was simply divine. Then he―"

Cal didn't get to finish her sentence because a stack of papers landed beside her cup. She looked up to see Azriel, who ordered, "Get to work."

"What, you on your day off again?" she makes a face at him.

"Do your job," the shadowsinger says as he leaves the room.

The girl turned to Rhys who was simply sipping on his cup of tea, "Let me knife him, please. Just one. I won't hit an organ, I promise. Just one, Rhys."

"Those papers aren't going to read themselves, Callaghan," he stands, taking his tea with him, "I suggest you start reading."

"I'm gonna knife you too when I have the chance, Rhysand."

──────────────────────────────

[ notes! ]

uhm,,,, i just realized,,, this story has no plot at all 

im sORRY NIKJSDGFNKD

*    · .     ✺    ✧ .  ✵ *   *    · .     ✵ *      ✫ *   .   · ⊹   ✺ .   ✧    ✦ ✫   . ✫ * .            ·   ⊹   ✺ .     ✧ .  ✦ ✫   . .

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

28.8K 317 38
A collection of ACOTAR one-shots! There will be many different ships and even normal relationships such as friendships (Ex. Nesta and Azriel!), If y...
3.1K 121 13
Females were very rare in the night court's ruling family as it was, all either die young or end up forgotten in the abyss of history. Rhysand ever t...
62.4K 4K 63
♡ - ❛ you're the 𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒏, she's the 𝒔𝒖𝒏, and i'm just another 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓. ❜ eris 𝒙 fem!oc 𝒙 azriel love triangle, enemies to lovers © old-moon
55K 1.5K 45
𝚛𝚑𝚢𝚜𝚊𝚗𝚍'𝚜 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚡 𝚊𝚣𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚕 ͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ 𝙱𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚜 𝚗𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚝𝚋𝚘𝚢𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚑...