Falling for Nicholas Knight

By AudrinaWilson

It's the connection we can't explain. You can live without the person you love, you just don't want to. Isab... More

1 | Ten Minutes
2 | Isabella
3 | Brother
4 | Happy Birthday
5 | Worth it
6 | Ten Minutes Again
7 | Game
8 | Annual Ball
9 | Friend Privileges
10 | 80's movies
11 | Type
12 | Replaced
13 | Mrs Knight?
14 | Lilies
16 | 11:59
17 | Magic
18 | Flirting
19 | Rewards
20 | Shirtless
21 | Nicholas Language
22 | Kisses
23 | Christmas Lights
24 | Close Contact
25 | Christmas
26 | New Year's Eve
26 | Changes
27 | Intoxicated again
28 | Kitten
29 | Kids

15 | Ela

1.6K 61 29
By AudrinaWilson

For the next few hours, Mr. Knight's father and I sat down as he told me about his wife and their stories. They had a terrible accident when Mr Knight was 18. Robert went into a coma and when he recovered after two years he was in a depression after losing his wife and not being able to know about it for two years. He recovered a little from the shock over the years.

I cried when he told me everything. I don't know what pain and grief he must have gone through or how Mr. Knight and Xavier would have coped with the loss of losing their mother and almost their father. Then he told me about their love story. How it was love at first sight for him and she didn't like him. They later fell in love. It was cute.

"I am sure she loves you still," I said. "I hope so," he smiled. "I didn't even offer you lunch, it is already 2 pm!" he said getting up. "It's okay I am not that hungry, you please have your lunch," I said getting up and looking at the clock.

"Isabella?" he stopped me. "Child you are a very sweet girl, God bless you," he said. I smiled thanking him. "Umm, Do you mind if I go talk to Mr Knight?" I asked. "Please, he needs someone to tell him that he needs to finally relax, he needs to finally let go of it," He said. I nodded going upstairs. One of the rooms was the only one with the door closed.

I knocked and when I heard no response I walked in. Mr. Knight was sitting on the chair looking out of the window. The room was beautiful and it glanced over the New York City skyline. The room was dark and it screamed Nicholas Knight. "Mr Knight?" I said.

"I asked you to leave," he said blankly. "You miss her?" I asked, sitting down opposite him. "It's none of your business," he snapped. "Nicholas?" I said, making him look at me. "I miss her," he said, his eyes about to tear up. I got up and sat on the ground near his legs, my hand laying on his knees.

"It's okay to miss her," I said. He placed his hand on mine. "You know I never got to enjoy my life. I had to make sure everything was okay. I had to take over the company, I had to make sure that we had the money for everything. I had to make sure Xavier got everything. I had to put everybody's needs before my own," he said, his voice very heavy.

"You have come a long way," I said, rubbing his hand. "No, I haven't. I regret every day not being able to enjoy those college days, instead of going back to the office after my classes. Xavier had to live alone all the time as a teenager, he had no parents and his brother could care less. I may be successful but I am not happy Bella, I am not," he said looking down at me.

"You did what you felt was right at the time Nicholas, you were just a young boy who had to not only go through the pain but also take responsibility for your family. You did great. Look at where you have gotten. Someone else would have shattered it and left it at that. You were strong and you still are. You don't need to worry about it anymore. You can finally start living your life the way you wanted," I said, giving him a small smile.

"I...I just wish to have my family back," he said. "And you will," I squeezed his hand. "Dad told you everything?" he asked, getting up and offering me his hand. "He did. They were so in love," I smiled. "They were the best couple," he smiled back. "Oh my gosh is Nicholas Knight smiling?" I asked to dust off my clothes.

"Don't push it," he chuckled while walking out with me. "You should eat your lunch," I said as we walked down the stairway. "Did you?" he asked. I shrugged. "I have even noticed you don't have your meals on time," he said as we reached the last step. "Your company has some effects," I smiled as I turned around and walked backward facing him.

"You think?" he chuckled. I continued blindly walking backward. "You are not a bad person, you just hate everyone," I smiled. "I don't hate you," he pointed out, smiling back. "Ahh, I feel so lucky," I said. He briskly walked forward pulling me ahead with his hand that I bumped into his chest. His arm went around my waist stopping me from falling back from the effect.

"You should be lucky," he whispered. "Why? Does Nicholas Knight have a soft spot for only rare people?" I whispered. "Yes, he is quite fond of you," he smirked. "I am honored. But don't you think he could be a little less grumpy?" I raised my eyebrows playfully.

"Don't you think you are crossing the line?" he mimicked my face. "I am not the one holding someone intimately," I said trying not to blush. "Is this bothering you Isabella?" he whispered. Oh, the things it does to me when he says my name. I moved my eyes away from him and turned my face away not looking at him as a blush crept to my cheeks. "Nicholas?" I said softly. "Please let me go," I whispered as I held onto his biceps.

"What if I don't want to Ela?" he whispered. I looked at him immediately, his eyes held an unknown emotion. I couldn't take my eyes off him. I don't know how long we stood like that when he heard someone clearing their throat.

We immediately jumped apart only for me to hit my hip at something sharp. "Ow," I said as Nicholas pulled me up. "That was what I was saving you from before," he cursed, pulling me a few steps away. "Didn't look like you were saving her." I turned to see Xavier smirking at us.

"Hi," I said but groaned holding my hip. Did I have to bump into the corner? Nicholas? Should I call him that now? He immediately sat me down and bent down on one knee. "Are you okay?" he asked. "It's okay I am very clumsy I hit stuff all the time," I said holding the spot. It was true I had burnt my fingers so many times when I straighten my wavy hair.

I used to scrape my hands and legs all the time. I didn't even notice it unless someone pointed it out for me. Clumsy girl, I guess. "She is right. She has had so many small injuries, walls, doors, tables, the list goes on," Vi said coming to view. "I thought you guys were coming later today?" I asked as Nicholas got up and walked to the kitchen.

"It's almost 4," Vi said. My eyes widened. "Mr. Knight, you need to have lunch on time!" I said as he walked back in with an ice pack. He sat on one knee again as he held the ice pack near my hip. "Mr Knight?" he whispered. "That's what I always call you? " I said, confused. "Right," he said, getting up, his look changing to an angry one.

"Xavier, could you please ask someone to prepare some light food for him?" I said getting up. "Definitely," he said walking out. "I am not hungry," he snapped. "And I don't care. You better get back here and eat," I snapped back. "I don't think you can order me around," he said, his voice rising. "Sir?" Vi said, looking at Robert. He looked at her. "Ah, the famous Vi. Hello Violet," he said as he put his hand forward to shake with hers, which she did. "Hi, umm we should leave them alone I think they didn't get to complete their moment," she giggled making Robert laugh with her.

"Shut up," me and Nicholas said at the same time. "Geez guys," she said as she and Xavier, and Robert sat down at the table. Some maids came in with food on plates. I looked at all the food and then at Nicholas. "Who is going to finish all of this?" I asked. "Us," he said as everyone dug in.

The conversation then changed from one topic to another very quickly. The table was filled with laughter and memories. "So Nicholas..." Xavier said as we all were done with food. "You remember when you said that I could ask you for anything?" he asked. "Yes?" Nicholas said suspiciously. "So would you like to come with us to Florida?" he asked. "Define Us," Nicholas said. "Me, Vi, and Bella," Xavier replied.

"Florida?" he continued. Vi nodded. "It's my birthday on Sunday," she said. "Ohh," Nicholas said. "I didn't know that," he continued. "Really? She has been putting up Insta stories for weeks!" Xavier said. Nicholas looked at me confused and I just chuckled. "It would be a great change of weather for you. You said you wanted your family back. This is the time. Be there for him," I said gently.

He looked at me for a moment. "Okay, when are we leaving?" He asked. "Tomorrow," Vi said. "And you are telling me now?" he asked, appalled. "It's the weekend anyway," I said. "We can take my jet," he suggested. "What no! Bella booked the tickets," Vi said. "So it's on?" Xavier asked. Nicholas nodded and everyone cheered. "Good, now I will have the house to myself!" Robert said. "What are you going to do Dad? Throw a party?" Xavier laughed.

"Might as well," Robert replied. "Absolutely not," Nicholas said. and  "Okay now you kids enjoy, I am going to take a nap," Robert said getting up. "Let's do a house tour!" Vi said, looking around smiling. "Let's start with my bedroom," Xavier said, smirking. Vi blushed furiously. "I hate you," I heard her say as they got up and started walking away. "I thought you loved me," he said I could feel her burning even more.

I chuckled at them and looked to my right to see Nicholas staring at me. "You should go and pack," I said. "And what are you going to do?" he asked. Yeah, my laptop and bag have been lying on the couch for a while. "Have some emails to answer for my boss," I smiled, grabbing my laptop.

He rolled his eyes as he picked up my cell phone and grabbed my hand dragging me with him. I saw we were going to his room and he motioned to his desk. I smiled sitting down and opening the laptop.

"Two days right?" he asked from his closet. "Yeah, we'll be coming back on Sunday," I replied typing on the laptop. I heard some shuffling behind me as I made some calls.

"Yes, Mr. Knight will be attending the meeting. Thank you, have a great day," I said ending the call."Mr Knight? Could you please check this before I approve the policy?" I called writing things down on my IPad. I heard footsteps coming closer. Two arms were placed on either side of me, one on the armrest. I gulped when I felt Nicholas bent down and I was trapped in his arms.

He bent down and his head was beside mine in the crook of my neck. What the hell is he doing? My breath hitched at the proximity of our bodies. "Nicholas?" I was shocked at how raspy my voice sounded. "Hm?" he hummed, unaware of the effect he had on me. I moved my eyes to look at him. His stubble that had grown in the past week was touching my cheeks. Grazing lightly.

"Yes, it's alright," he said, turning to me his lips inches apart from his cheeks. I tried to concentrate on the screen. Tried. "Ela?" I could hear the smirk in his voice. I nodded, not trusting the words in my mouth. "You don't look comfortable," he whispered. "Nicholas? Please," I said my voice strained. I was not very familiar with whatever was going on right now. But boy did it feel good.

His arms were taken back as he moved away and I let out a breath. "You know you are the first girl to ever enter my room?" he asked. "What no high school girlfriends or crushes?" I asked, turning around in my chair as curiosity took over me. "Wouldn't you like to know?" he asked as he closed the suitcase.

"Well you must have been good-looking," I said before I could stop myself. "You think I am good-looking?" he asked, sitting on his bed. "Shut up," I said embarrassedly and went back to work. He brought his laptop and kept it beside me. "You can sit here," I said, getting up and offering him the chair.

"And where are you going to sit?" he asked. "I am going to go check up on both those idiots," I said getting up. "Xavier's room is two down from mine," he said sitting in my place. I nodded and walked out. Knocking at the door I heard something falling and I burst open the door and walked in.

Vi was on top of Xavier with a pillow in her hand, his hands on her waist. I stood there leaning on the wall crossing my hands over my chest. One second. Ten seconds. One minute. They both just stared at each other. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I screamed in shock. Only to find Nicholas standing there. "You scared me," I said. "I noticed," he said, holding his ear.

Xavier and Violet were now standing up looking anywhere but each other. "We are going to leave you two alone. You can continue," I laughed. "What No!" Vi said. "Thank you," Xavier muttered. I grabbed Nicholas's hand and dragged him out with me, closing the door behind me.

"You are very cool about this," he said looking at me. "They are adults, they know what they are doing," I said walking ahead. "Unlike us," he muttered but I heard him anyway. "Huh?" I asked. "Nothing. So what are we supposed to do?" he asked. "This place is beautifully designed," I said looking at the chandeliers. "Mum did it," he replied shortly.

"I think we should get back to work," I said walking back to his room. We both sat down on the chairs that were near the window. He did his work and I did mine. A few hours later I was finally done. I looked up to find Nicholas still working. His eyes were on his screen as he concentrated. I couldn't help but stare. He was such a confusing person. One moment he was nice and the other he was not. He didn't like it when people invaded his personal space but loved invading others.

"Thinking of me?" "Yes," I snapped out of the trance when he looked at me smirking. "I mean no, I have to go," I said, grabbing my laptop. "I'll see you tomorrow," I said, turning around. He looked at me with a blank expression. "Yes, what time do we leave?" he asked, walking me out. We walked down the stairs where Violet and Xavier were sitting.

"6 am, the flight is at 8 am," I said. He nodded. "Ready?" I asked her and she nodded and handed me my bags. "Bye," she said as she hugged Nicholas and Xavier both. "Bye," I said, hugging Xavier. I looked at Nicholas, should I? Screw it. I moved forward and pulled him in a hug. "Bye," I whispered in his ear. His body tensed. Before he could react I pulled away and grabbed Vi taking her with me.

I sat in bed thinking about a gray-eyed man. Was I doing the right thing? If I continued this flirty relationship with him I knew I was going to fall for him. I just didn't want to get hurt. Love is about taking chances, isn't it? It all depends on what happens at the moment. I thought I was drifting off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

552K 19.1K 35
Losing the memory of who you were growing up sucks. Trying to find a job after graduating college in a bad economy sucks even more. For Esmeralda G...
38.9M 1.2M 47
Caroline Marshall, a sweet and cute girl, who hates rich guys since her father threw her mother away to marry another woman for money. Living with...
80.9K 1.9K 80
You & I are one big It's complicated Leon King a young CEO and also the hottest bachelor in NYC. Girls throw themselves at him some just to be in...
644K 19.1K 55
[Book One of the You Series] "Rules are meant to be broken, aren't they?" he whispered among my gasps. * Isabella Grace Greene. Brown Eyes, Chestnut...