Sinner

By NightTime_Storiexs

The Princetons and the Lockes. It's an enmity of decades. And so the tradition continues when it comes to Ven... More

1| Cadara
2| War
3| Family
4| Morals
5| Bleachers
6| Practice
7| Brunch
8| Theory
9| Wine
10| Sherlock
11| Grammy
12| Sleep
13| Pink
14| Plan
15| Prove
16| Twenty
17| Suffocating
18| Candy
19| Disguise
20| Eyes
21| Cage
22| Mismatched
23| Golf
24| Rome
25| Him
26| Pickle
27| Honesty
28| Reflect
29| Grave
30| Stars
31| Crowd
32| Winner
33| Heartbeat
34| Darling
35| Token
36| Reported
37| Hate
38| Threat
39| Brutal
40| Wish

41| Epilogue

23.6K 676 546
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 41: Epilogue (Venus's POV)

Seven years later...

I was sitting with him on the couch, cuddled up to him like I always am. 

Three years. We've been trying for a baby for three fucking years. And it just isn't happening. Getting married at twenty and starting to try for a baby at twenty-two. It's been a long fucking time. I'm twenty-five now goddamn it.

"Vee."

I looked up at him. "Yeah?" 

He took a deep, shaky breath. "I think we should stop." 

"Stop what?" I frowned in confusion. 

"We're waiting for the results for this time. But if they're negative then... I think we should stop trying for a baby." 

I sat up, blinking in confusion. "Why would you say that?" 

Up until three years ago. Up until we started trying, everything was so good between us. But when it just wasn't happening things started getting rocky. He really wanted a baby, I really wanted a baby, but it just wasn't happening for us. 

In the beginning, I felt like absolute shit. And I started thinking that if I can't give him what he wants and what he deserves then maybe he should find someone who can. Maybe I should leave. And maybe we should get a divorce. 

That was the worst spot we've ever had in our relationship in seven years. And the only bad one.Because I started hating myself and I thought it was my fault. That something was wrong with me. And he started losing hope a little bit. 

So I gathered some courage and went to take a test. And everything came back clear. I was well enough to have a baby and nothing was amiss in my body. But still, it just wasn't happening. 

He was fine, I was fine, but I wasn't pregnant. Luck just wasn't on our side. 

So I brought up divorce. And I thank god that Caden shut that idea down immediately. I just remember thinking that he wasn't happy in the relationship because I couldn't give him what he wanted and he would be better off without me. That was a bad, bad conversation...

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵

"How can you even think of a divorce, Venus? How the hell did you think I would agree to that?" he groaned, dragging his hand down his face. He has just come back from work and this was the worst possible timing for this discussion but it was now or never for me. 

I had the courage and I didn't know how long it would stay. "I just thought that-" 

He cut me off. "You just thought that I'd leave you?" 

"Caden we're both miserable! I hate myself and you hate the truth. Which won't change," I scoffed. "I'm not pregnant." 

"That doesn't mean you never will be, Venus! We are not getting a divorce, that's it!" 

"But Caden-" 

"Venus Jade Locke." He stared me straight in the eyes. 

And I broke from within. I blinked back my tears, sitting at the foot of the bed. 

He sighed and then kneeled in front of me. 

And then my tears started falling. "I'm really sorry," I cried. 

"It's not your fault, baby. It'll happen, I know it will. We just have to be a little patient." 

I looked at his eyes. "But you deserve what you want, Caden. I can't give it to you." 

"Right now. You can't give it to me right now. We're not getting a divorce just because you're not pregnant." 

"We've been trying for nearly a year." 

"And we'll try for a few more if needed. I fought so hard to keep you when I found you, Venus. Because I fell so in love with you. And that didn't happen because I wanted you to have my kids. Please don't take the person I love the most in this world away from me. I won't be able to handle it." 

I stared at him, letting the tears fall freely when a few rolled down his cheeks. 

"Please don't leave me. I love you."

So I didn't leave him. 

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵

"We can't stop trying. We both want this so bad." 

"We do but not at the cost of your health, Vee. I married you because I love you not because I want a baby with you okay? If it isn't happening then it just isn't happening. I don't want anything to happen to you because we did something wrong." 

I stared at him, not knowing what to say. "I want a baby, Caden. At any cost." 

"Not at the cost of your health. There are other ways if we can't make it happen." 

But I want a baby. I want it to be ours. I want that pregnancy. 

"We'll take a break. Is that okay?" he sighed in defeat. "Then we'll see what we can do. And for all we know, these test results might come with good news." He grabbed my arm and pulled me back down to him. "I love you. With or without a baby. You know that right?" 

I nodded before he kissed me long and hard. It certainly sends his message across.

Baby or no baby. We aren't going anywhere. We've been in this marriage for five years and we've been together for seven years. We can't let each other go now. 

And who knows, maybe it won't so he so bad just the two of us forever. Apart from the bumps in our road, I have loved every part of it.

There was a knock on the glass door that separated the living area from the foyer. 

I sat upright while Caden said, "Come in!" 

Mr. Hilton walked in. Oh yeah, he moved from the palace to our home. It's pretty obvious, Caden really is his favorite. "Sir, this arrived right now. It's from the hospital." 

Caden shot up, eagerly taking the envelope out of his hands. 

"Thank you," I smiled. 

He bowed his head and then left.

Caden handed it to me. "Open it." 

I stared at it and then gave it back to him. "I want you to open it." 

He hesitated but ripped it open and pulled out the report. "Everything's fine," he nodded before turning the page. 

Always, the first page is an overall report. The second page is the pregnancy test. 

His eyes scanned the page so quickly, I thought he would miss it. He let out a huge sigh, holding his head in his hands. 

I swallowed past the lump in my throat. "Is it negative?" I mumbled. 

"Venus." He looked up at me. "You are two months pregnant." 

"What?" I sputtered, taking the report and reading over it quickly.

Pregnancy: Positive
Time: 2 months
Gender: To be determined

"I'm pregnant," I stated, my hand resting on my chest as I took several deep breaths. 

"You're pregnant," he chuckled. 

I looked at him, not knowing how to react. 

"You're pregnant, baby!" 

"I'm pregnant!" I shrieked. 

He laughed, putting his arms around me as I threw mine over his shoulders, hugging him tightly. "We have to tell your parents!" he rushed. 

"Wait!" I grabbed his hand, pulling him back down to sit. I shifted closer to him. "I'm really pregnant?" I whispered, my eyes starting to tear up. 

"You're pregnant," he smiled, leaning in and kissing me.

We'll have a baby.

The phone rang on the small table beside him and he answered it, still pressing kisses to my cheek. "Hello?" he grinned. "Dad, hi." 

"Is that your dad or my dad?" I chuckled. 

He calls them both dad. "Yours," he grinned. "Could you get mom and Clarissa on the phone too, please? Just do it," he said, locking his fingers with mine. 

Mr. Hilton came in with dinner. 

"Mr. Hilton, stay. We have news," I said, barely containing my excitement. 

"Is everyone there, can you all hear us?" Caden asked, putting the phone on speaker. 

We're still at landlines but they aren't so old anymore. There is a speaker button. Finally. 

"What is it?" My parents and Clarissa asked in sync.

"We're pregnant!"

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 41

IK IK IK THIS WAS A LIL SHORTER THAN USUAL

But I covered everything I wanted to lmao
I wanted this one to be a little different because my epilogues are normally like... the exact same just w a different baby lol

also, the arrows I use for the time jump is obviously a flashback in this one, in case you didn't get it

hope you enjoyed this book, let me know what you thought of it <3

also, are you guys liking royalty books more or the normal high school ones??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 3.8K 42
Alejandra Martinez had the perfect life until she lost her mom and childhood to a violent tragedy that she witnessed. As a result, her dad fell into...
9.5K 143 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
424 78 16
Heartless? That's what most people thought of Devin, he had a reputation as twisted as the trails of AshenField. Jade was ghost-like, haunting a town...
74.8K 4.9K 52
How far can one go to protect their love and relations? How far till that thread breaks or become stronger? ____ "SHE IS ARNAV SINGH RAICHAND'S PROPE...