MY LIFE AS A STEPMOM🖤✅|COMPL...

By Amnarhhhh

Asmau's life takes a huge turn when her father arranges her marriage to Abubakar Sadeeq Saleem, a doting fath... More

INTRODUCTION✨
1-ONE🖤
2-TWO💘
3-THREE💚
4-FOUR💜
5-FIVE💙
6-SIX🧡
7-SEVEN💜
8-EIGHT🖤
9-NINE❤
10-TEN💛
11-ELEVEN🖤
12-TWELVE💜
🇳🇬13-THIRTEEN🇳🇬
14-FOURTEEN🖤
15-FIFTEEN💙
16-SIXTEEN🖤
17-SEVENTEEN🧡
18-EIGHTEEN💛
19-NINETEEN💜
20-TWENTY 💖
21-TWENTY ONE🖤
22-TWENTY TWO💖
23-TWENTY THREE🧡
24-TWENTY FOUR💜
25-TWENTY FIVE🖤
26-TWENTY SIX💚
27-TWENTY SEVEN💙
28-TWENTY EIGHT🖤
29-TWENTY NINE💙
30-THIRTY💕💕
31-THIRTY ONE❤
33-THIRTY THREE🧡
34-THIRTY FOUR💙
35-THIRTY FIVE🖤
36-THIRTY SIX❤
37-THIRTY SEVEN💜
38-THIRTY EIGHT🖤
39-THIRTY NINE💜
40-FORTY❣
41-FORTY ONE🧡
42-FORTY TWO💜
43-FORTY THREE🖤
44-FORTY FOUR🧡
45-FORTY FIVE💛
46-FORTY SIX💜
47-FORTY SEVEN🖤
48-FORTY EIGHT💙
49-FORTY NINE💚
50-FIFTY💥
51-FIFTY ONE🖤
52-FIFTY TWO💜
53-FIFTY THREE🧡
54-FIFTY FOUR💔
EPILOGUE🥺

32-THIRTY TWO💘

785 146 54
By Amnarhhhh

Upon arriving at my parents' house, I parked the car and got out, my heart heavy with sorrow.

I opened the back door and gently brought out the twins as they stood on their tiny toes. Afeena had been crying since we left the house, and I could tell she was confused about what was happening.

"Afeena, please stop crying," I sighed, trying to console her as I helped them put on their little backpacks.

She looked up at me with teary eyes,"Da-da," her little voice barely above a whisper spoke her father's name. Afeen, was rubbing her back in an attempt to soothe her cries. I smiled staring at them adorably. I knew that taking them away from their father and siblings was wrong, but I felt it was necessary. They were better off with me.

Our security man helped carry my suitcases to the door, while I walked to the entrance with Afeen and Afeena, still holding their little hands.

"Suna gida? Are they home?" I asked him.

"Ba dukansu bah. Hajiya Babba ta fita da yaran," he replied, and I nodded in understanding.

"Nagode," I said, and then entered the house. I placed the twins on the couch and gave them their iPads to keep them occupied before making my way toward the stairs. My jaw dropped as I reached the landing, stunned by the sight in front of me.

Could this day get any worse?

End of flashback..

My mother's lifeless body lay on the floor, blood gushing from her head. Panic surged through me as I hurriedly ran to her side, desperately calling for help. Our housemaid, Indo, rushed in, her face masked of shock.

"Innalillahi wa inna ilaihir raji'un," Indo whispered repeatedly, her voice quivering.

"Indo, please call for help right now!" I shouted, my voice choked with sobs.

"Ya Allah, have mercy and save my mother," I prayed. In the midst of my anguish, I noticed a figure I hadn't seen before standing on the stairs.

"Ya Salma," I murmured, recognizing her. Salma appeared utterly shocked, her mouth agape, and her whole body trembling.

"Ya Salma, please help me get Auntie to the car," I implored. She nodded and rushed over to assist. The three of us carefully lifted my mother and carried her to the waiting car. With urgency, I got behind the wheel and sped off to the hospital.

Upon our arrival at the hospital, medical staff immediately wheeled my mother into the emergency ward.

5 HOURS LATER

I sat in the hospital chair, my eyes fixed on my mother's pale body, surrounded by tubes and bandages. She was always the cheerful one, the woman who brought smiles to everyone around her. Yet here she lay unconscious and fragile. A lump formed in my throat as I reached for a tissue, my eyes brimming with tears as I wiped them away.

The room's door creaked open, but I didn't bother to turn around; it was probably one of my family members. Then, I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder, and the familiar scent of cologne reached my nostrils. I knew exactly who it was. Despite my reluctance, I turned my head, and there he was.

The last person I wanted to see right now.

"W-wh-what are you doing here?" I stuttered, rising from my seat. Just the sight of him brought back the memories of his betrayal and the immense pain he had caused me some few hours ago.

"I heard what happened to Aunty. Asmau, please stop crying; Aunty will be fine. I'm here for you," he said softly, his arms enveloping me in an embrace. I couldn't muster the strength to resist or push him away. I was overwhelmed with sadness, and I needed someone to lean on even though I was still hurt by him.

Tears streamed down my face as I let out my emotions, soaking his shoulder. After what felt like an eternity, he handed me a glass of water, and I took a gulp.

"She's in a coma," I whispered, my voice trembling as I returned the glass. "The doctor isn't sure when she will wake up, but I hope it will be soon."

"In shaa Allah, she'll be fine. We just have to hope and keep on praying," he reassured me, and I nodded.

"How are the kids?" I asked, trying to divert my thoughts.

"They're all fine. They really miss you. They've been crying and even asked whether I'm going out to get you back," he replied. I felt a pang of guilt for leaving the kids behind, but I couldn't face them now. "Asmau, I—" he began, but i cut me off.

"Please, let's not speak about this right now. I need time and space to think about everything. Besides, all I want now is for my mother to get well before I think of anything else," I said.

"I understand you, Hayatie, and I'm going to give you time, but I can't give you the space you are asking for because I know you need someone to be here for you in this hard time,"

"Abubakar, I know whatever I say won't change your mind, and I don't have the strength to protest, so do whatever you want. Just know that I haven't forgotten what you did to me, and I won't ever forget," I said firmly.

He sighed, "Asmau, I understand you, and I don't expect you to forgive me now, but please allow me to explain things to you. I promise what you saw wasn't what it seemed," he began defending himself, but I interrupted him.

"I don't think I want to talk about that right now, Abubakar. All I want right now is for Aunty to wake up and be well again," I spoke emotionlessly, my arms folded tightly across my chest as I gazed at my mother, prioritizing her recovery over anything now.

"Okay, I understand you. Let's talk another time," he agreed, respecting my wishes.

The door swung open, and Summaya entered. "Ooh, I'm sorry, am I interrupting?" she asked, and I shook my head negatively.

"No, don't worry," I said, and she exchanged pleasantries with Abubakar.

"Ya ma'u, I will head home now," she announced.

"Alright then. I will stay here for the night," I replied, and she nodded before bidding us goodnight and leaving.

"I think you should head home too. The kids are all alone at home, and besides, you have work tomorrow," I suggested.

"Yeah, you're right, but I will stop by here tomorrow before I head to work, In shaa Allah," he replied.

"You don't have to do that, so don't bother yourself," I replied, trying to keep my emotions in check.

"I won't be able to focus at work without seeing your beautiful face, hayatie," he added. I bit back my blush, maintaining a deadpan expression. I wasn't going to make things easy for him.

"You should get going, and don't forget to pick up the twins from Babaji's place and take them with you, since I won't be at home for some time." I tried to change the topic.

"Okay, I will, In shaa Allah," he said, stepping closer, intending to kiss my forehead. However, I took a step back, avoiding his gaze.

He sighed, his shoulders slumping in disappointment.

"You should leave," I said, urging him to go. He nodded, turned around, and headed out of the room.

Morning 💘💘💘

"Good morning, Doctor," I greeted Dr. Munnir as he entered the room, a nurse following closely behind. He's the doctor assigned to Aunty, and he is really friendly.

"Good morning, Asmau. How was your night?" he inquired.

"It was good, Alhamdulillah, even though this bed isn't as comfy as the one at home," I chuckled, and he smiled.

"Don't worry; you'll be taking turns with your siblings, right?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Yes, In shaa Allah."

"Asmau, can we go out and talk?" He asked after examining my mother.

"Yes, of course," we walked out of the room and strolled around the hospital while chatting. "So, Doctor, when do you think my mother will wake up?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Well, it depends. A coma usually lasts a few weeks. The person may start to gradually wake up and regain consciousness or progress into a different state of consciousness. But you should be calm and have peace of mind because your mother will be fine, In shaa Allah. I will do everything in my power for her to wake up and be well again. I assure you," he gave me a reassuring smile.

"Thank you so much, Doc," I beamed. He was silent for a moment, gazing at me, making me feel a bit uncomfortable. "Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, it's just that you look just like my late wife, Asmau. You remind me so much of her," he replied, his voice tinged with sadness.

"She passed away?" I inquired.

"Yes, she died in a car crash," he confirmed, and I could see the sorrow in his face.

"I'm so sorry. Allah ya jikanta ya mata rahma," I prayed for her, and he responded with an "Ameen."

"So, I will go have my breakfast. I'm so hungry; I didn't eat breakfast, and I'm a foodie so," he said, attempting to lighten the mood, and we both let out a light laugh.

"Asmau," I heard my name being called, and I turned to see Abubakar approaching us. It seemed like he had just arrived at the hospital.

"Who's this?" The doctor asked, politely.

"I'm Abubakar, her husband," Abubakar introduced himself with a serious expression.

"Well, I'm Doctor Munnir, nice to meet you," the doctor extended his hand for a handshake, and Abubakar, though hesitant for a moment, eventually shook hands with him.

"Asmau, let's go," Abubakar ordered.

"Alright, Doctor, we'll talk later. Thank you so much," I expressed my gratitude with a warm smile, and he nodded. Abubakar took my hand, and we left the area, returning to the room, which was quite spacious, having a mini living room and the room where my mother was laid in the bed.

"Are you okay?" I asked when I noticed Abubakar's frown, sensing his jealousy.

"Why were you laughing with the doctor?" he inquired, his tone slightly pissed.

"Nothing, we were just talking, and he told me something funny, that's it," I replied.

"I don't like you talking with him," he stated firmly.

"You've got to be kidding me," I let out a dry laughter.

"I'm not kidding, Asmau, and I don't like it. So, you will do as I say. I will make a complaint to have him replaced as Aunty's doctor," he threatened.

"No, you are not doing anything like that. What has the poor guy done to you? He's just doing his job and being nice. And I don't care whether you like it or not, this is for my mother because I trust he is the best doctor for her! And do you even have the right to tell me not to talk with other men while I saw you kissing another woman?" I snapped.

Abubakar clenched his fists, clearly struggling to control his emotions, while I folded my arms and looked away, refusing to back down.

He approached me, and I stepped back, maintaining my composure. "I tried to explain to you, but you refused to listen. You think it's my fault, and you don't want to hear me out, right? Oh, okay, then continue with him. I don't give a damn," he said in frustration before abruptly leaving the room.

I closed my eyes, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall.

"Ma'u, what happened?" Ya Aminah asked with concern as soon as she entered the room.

I couldn't find the words to respond, so I simply wrapped my arms around her and began sobbing.

"Shush, it's okay, baby sis," she whispered soothingly, rubbing my back in an attempt to comfort me.

"Ya Aminah, I didn't do anything wrong," I said in between sobs, feeling unfairly treated.

"It's okay, darling. Just stop crying. It's normal for couples to fight; everything will be fine," she reassured me.

"He's making this hard for me. After all, everything is his fault," I muttered.

"Come on Asmah, Aunty won't like seeing you crying. Please stop crying," she gently implored, wiping away my tears.

After I calmed down a bit, I took a pill for the headache I was feeling and then went home to rest, hoping that time would relieve all the pain I'm going through.

Edited version💕

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.5K 6.8K 71
Two wives, one man. She thought she found the man to marry but what happens when she find out there's another wife in the house... *Fateema* *Khalil...
335K 9.1K 61
Tired of the loveless marriage. Esther Benjamin decides to divorce her devilish husband Arthur Garcia. But before she tried to leave him, he realize...
289K 50K 87
*Could you ever love a broken person?* "I understand that you're broken," he said as he lifted her chin so she stared directly into his eyes. "But I...
4.6K 476 33
Haneef Isa DanLadan and Saleem Idris Yahaya have been bestfriends all their lives, all the challenges you can imagine, they've been through them all...