Batman and Catwoman: Family M...

LintaAM

Every thing good, comes in twos! When you marry your dream spouse, life should be a dream! Right? When Bruc... Еще

Author's Note/ reading tip
Part 1: Cruel Intentions
Part 2: Dream (T)
Part 3: Friends
Part 4: Past
Part 5: The Cat's Eye
Part 6: Agents of Gotham
Hi guyssss
Part 7: Aristocat
Part 8: It's a crime
Part 9: Red
Part 10: Babies *subject warning
A/N Next
Part 11: The Cat's Out of the Bag
A/n 5 days
Part 12: Rabbit's Foot* (subject sensitive)
Part 13: Kittens and Bunnies
Part 14: Hood
Part 15: Subliminal Messages (T)
Part 16: The Runaways
Part 17. Here's Looking At You
Part 18: Goodbye: God Be With Ye
Part 19: Welcome Back
Part 20: Giving
Part 21: Raincheck
Part 22: Great Guy
Part 23: Faithful Friends
Part 24: Grown Ups
A/n merry happy holidays
Part 25: All I Want
Part 26. One Man's Joy...
27. The First Time
28. The Mistake
29. Reach (*Read with care*)
30. Too Late
31: Loss*
32: Purpose
Wow! A/n
33. Can
35: Catch
36. A break?
37: Jason Wayne
38: Where Do We Go From Here?
39: Before You Go
Shoutout

34: We

289 5 0
LintaAM

The case caught on fire, fueled by the media. It was family against family, and the Vans weren't afraid to go low, much to Bruce's annoyance. His 'family' had never been in favor of Selina, and him adopting a boy off the streets earned him a title he didn't want to hold.

There came a point when Bruce's lawyer suggested waiting for adoption until they had a biological child first, but Bruce shut down the conversation. He'd be more willing to give up his fortune than giving up his son. But now it had gone way past the point of just adoption.

The current case brought to light a past case involving the Waynes. There was a police record suggesting Selina Kyle was the infamous Catwoman. If Bruce couldn't be trusted with his choice of partners, he couldn't be trusted with his choice of children.

Thankfully, 'Catwoman' dropped by during a court session, having become tired of having her name thrown in something she wasn't involved in. Jen was much too inclined to help out her friend in need.

Catwoman's appearance discredited the Vans' accusations against Selina. That also weakened their case against Jason, and the judge saw no issue with the Waynes adopting the kid. The family walked out of one court and into the other, where Jason Todd officially became Jason Wayne.

It was winter season by the time the case became old news. Winter season also meant ball season for the upper class. It was a perfect opportunity for the Waynes to introduce their son to their society.

"You know, we only get invited to these things because of you, right?" Selina asked her half dressed husband through the vanity mirror.

"Sorry, sorry. Last minute write ups," Bruce replied, still not looking as he dragged himself away from the laptop, buttoning his shirt.

"Can you clasp this?" Selina waited, her arms getting tired holding the necklace around her neck.

Bruce buttoned his collar and helped her with the jewelry, taking the opportunity to kiss her neck.

"We'll be late, anyway," he suggested as he wrapped himself around his wife. "We can definitely stay in."

Selina held his hair as she leaned into his kisses, but was determined not to give in. She gave him one strong kiss on the mouth and peeled him away.

"Since you're getting distracted, do you mind checking in on Jay? See if he needs help getting ready."

Bruce obliged and left the room whistling. He let himself into the boys' suite, but knocked on Jason's room when he got there. After waiting a long time, Bruce let himself in on an unhappy sight.

"All ready?" Selina asked him when Bruce came back too quick.

"Actually, I think we'll stay in tonight," Bruce replied as he passed her by, already unbuttoning.

"Bruuuce!" Selina pouted. "We committed! And it's a charity, it won't look good if we skip."

Bruce held his wife's hand as she whined at him.

"Not you, you can go. I mean, the boys will stay in. You should go, take Sylvia with you. Make it a girls' night," he fixed her slipping hair.

"What? Why, is something wrong?" Selina panicked.

"No! No, nothing's wrong, kitten!" Bruce eased her mind. "He's just not ready yet, and I don't think we should push him to it."

"Are you sure?" Selina slipped from his grab and walked towards the library. "I can stay, we can make it a family thing!"

Bruce pulled her back and smiled at her. "We can have family night any other time. You look too good not to go! And, I think it'll be good for us to have a guys night."

Selina smirked.

"I feel cheated. He's mine too, you know!" She playfully jabbed at him.

"And I promise you two can have a mom and son night without me, unbothered. Whenever you want. You're getting late now."

Selina quickly kissed him and grabbed her shoes.

"Alright, but you owe me!" She blew him a kiss and exited the room.

Bruce followed her out to the front door, watching after her until the car disappeared down the hill. And then he turned his attention back up to the empty room.

Jason Wayne was scaling up a wall, having run away from his family, not realising just how similar they all were. He liked being up on roofs; it made him see the sky better, and gave him a good view of the city. From where he was, hugging a gargoyle head, he had a good view at the manor, too.

Jason sighed and swung up onto the roof. As he was kicking his foot about, he suddenly got the feeling he wasn't alone. There was only one time before he'd felt this presence, so he wasn't startled. Jason crawled out onto the gargoyle, sitting with one leg to his chest as he waited for Batman to say something.

"Your family's looking for you," Batman told him as he carefully edged closer.

"Sure they are. Won't find me at one of those peacocking parties."

"What makes you think they're looking there?" Batman leaned on one knee next to the gargoyle, looking out over the city.

"Well, mom's there, isn't she? And dad's-"

"Sitting next to you?" Bruce didn't turn his gaze, but was alert in case the boy fell over in shock.

"Y-you're B... him?"

Batman finally turned to look at him, and smirked.

"You wanna get out of here?" He asked.

"Do we gotta go home?" Jason asked, his pitch high from excitement.

"Where do you wanna go?"

"I'm starving,"

Bruce smirked again and pushed Jason off the building. Chuckling to himself, he dropped off as well, catching his son just in time to be able to land on the tumbler.

"Don't tell your mother," he winked when they'd gotten off.

Jason excitedly followed his father into the car and they drove off to a burger joint, getting to go. Batman parked on the outskirts of the city, so they could eat in peace, sitting on top of the car.

"I didn't tell Selina you weren't home," Bruce told Jay. "She thinks we're staying home. It would have killed her to know you ran out on her.

"Good thing you didn't tell her, then," Jay said before eating, then prepared to ask something serious.

"How come you married her? Isn't she a criminal?" The question almost made Bruce choke.

"What makes you ask?" Bruce asked, wiping away the spat up food.

"She was at the red carpet, with that woman."

Bruce put up a holographic screen over his gauntlet, playing the red carpet coverage of the ball. Selina was there, with Sylvia.

"That's Sylvia Sinclair."

"Yeah, whatever. She's real cozy up with Zsasz. They call her Madam Cottontail."

Bruce growled.

"Bunny," he mumbled her nickname and Jason almost choked laughing.

"Batman just said 'bunny'."

Bruce smiled at his son's enjoyment, but the concern for his wife didn't let him enjoy the moment too long. He called Selina's cell, but didn't get a response. That didn't worry him too much as it could have been too loud at the party. But when the concierge couldn't get a hold of either of the girls, Bruce was done.

He yanked his cowl back on and stormed over to the driver's seat, worrying Jason.

"What? What's wrong?" Jay chased after him.

"Selina's in trouble. I'm taking you home, and then I'm going after her."

"Woah! You can't just leave me at home! She's your wife, but she's my mom now, too! I can help, you know I can."

"I don't know what I'm walking into. It could be dangerous for you, and I can't take the chance of bringing you along."

"Either you take me with you, or I will get there myself. Which chance would you rather take?"

Bruce stayed still a moment, watching his adopted son unknowingly echo his mother's sentiments. He didn't have the luxury to be proud, but instead he sighed and got in the car.

"We still have to go home first. Can't have you out on the streets looking like you,"

Jason excitedly hopped into the passenger seat, eagerly looking forward to getting to help Batman.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

15.6K 416 25
POST TDKR. Selina leaves Gotham under instructions and finds herself in an emotional rollercoaster she never saw coming. They both knew physically th...
457 17 6
Earth-805. Where in this universe Bruce Wayne- our billionaire playboy philanthropist and Caped crusader Batman- had an old childhood friend and vigi...
7.6K 319 21
This story is a sequel to "Unrequited Love [Jason Todd x Reader]," so you have to read that book first in order to understand the story. You can clic...
50.4K 1.3K 50
A Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle lovestory. These are characters inspired by the Dark Knight Trilogy. I own none of them.