Sinner

By NightTime_Storiexs

The Princetons and the Lockes. It's an enmity of decades. And so the tradition continues when it comes to Ven... More

1| Cadara
2| War
3| Family
4| Morals
5| Bleachers
6| Practice
7| Brunch
8| Theory
9| Wine
10| Sherlock
11| Grammy
12| Sleep
13| Pink
14| Plan
15| Prove
16| Twenty
17| Suffocating
18| Candy
19| Disguise
20| Eyes
21| Cage
22| Mismatched
23| Golf
24| Rome
25| Him
26| Pickle
27| Honesty
28| Reflect
29| Grave
30| Stars
31| Crowd
32| Winner
33| Heartbeat
34| Darling
35| Token
36| Reported
37| Hate
39| Brutal
40| Wish
41| Epilogue

38| Threat

13.1K 545 472
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 38: Threat (Caden's POV)

I sat in the chair in front of him, both of us having a staring contest, unspoken of course. 

I lifted a brow and he blinked. I bit back a smile and just sat there, waiting for him to say something first. 

"I don't want you anywhere around my daughter," he said bluntly. 

"And I want nothing but to be around your daughter," I replied. 

He opened his mouth to say something but let out an agitated huff instead. "Don't you understand what the problem is here?" 

"Sir, if I did then I wouldn't be asking again and again." 

"The problem is your family. Your family and mine, both have lived by certain rules. Those rules can't be broken so easily just for you and Venus." 

"But don't you think this problem is being stretched out? And has been for far too long? My great grandfather killed your grandfather. Understandably, that means something to you. But does it have anything to do with me? Or Venus?" I sighed. "We didn't even know our great grandparents, how can we be angry at each other for something that they did so long ago? It makes no sense. How can I hate for something her great grandfather did? She didn't know him, I didn't know him. And just because she belongs to this family I have to hate her? No, that doesn't make sense." 

"It's not about who did what, it's about what we've been taught. Your grandparents and Vee's grandparents learned from your great grandparents. And your father and I were taught the same." 

"So you're teaching us the same thing? To humiliate each other, to belittle each other? Does that sound right, Mr. Tanner? And what if we grow up and decide that not just each other, we want to belittle everybody? What if Clarissa grows up to think it's okay to make fun of people because she's richer than them or because they aren't like her?" 

He watched me while I leaned forward in my chair. 

"No offense, but what the hell are you teaching your kids? And what the hell did my dad teach me? What is he teaching Axel? The same thing that you are. It's a miracle we don't think like you. I don't, Axel doesn't, Venus doesn't, and neither does Clarissa. The four of us don't hate each other. I'm in love with Venus, she's in love with me, and Axel and Clarissa are actually really great friends and they like each other a lot." 

Judging from his reaction, he didn't know that. 

"You're surprised that Venus and I have been sneaking around? Axel and Clarissa are together at school all day! Are you going to send Clarissa off to London too now? And Mrs. Cassidy?" 

His eyes narrowed down to slits. 

I cleared my throat, shifting in my seat. "She doesn't hate my mother, nor does my mother hate her. What are you going to do about that?" I leaned back in my chair, knowing damn well that I won this argument. "There's nothing you can do," I nodded. 

He lifted a brow at me sharply. 

"Because you don't get to decide who likes or loves who. And neither does my father." 

We sat in silence for a few minutes. 

"And excuse my language, but your threat is absolute bullshit," I scoffed. 

His glare hardened. 

"I'm going to forget that you're her father for a minute, just hear me out." 

He nodded his head upward, urging me to go on. 

"What are you doing with that threat? Sending her to London? Keeping her locked in the house? Sure, it will keep us away from each other, but do you really think she won't hate you for it? We're not little kids, Mr. Tanner. We have every right to choose who we love and who we don't. And if things don't work out between us, which they will. But if they don't, then at least she won't blame you. Our relationship is our business, none of your business," I shrugged. 

"Do you think your family will accept her and your relationship?" he questioned. 

"No, I don't," I shook my head. "I told Venus fairly early in our relationship that I would leave my family and my name for her. I have no interest in being the prince of Cadara. I don't want it. And if I wasn't leaving it for her, I would leave it when the time would come for me to get married and start reigning. Because I can't do it, I'm not made to be a prince, let alone a king. So, it doesn't really matter if they accept us or not. If they do, great. If they don't, I'm leaving." 

"And going where? Doing what?" he scoffed. 

I resisted an eye roll and explained. "Leaving royalty doesn't mean I'll be broke, sir. I'm eighteen. I already own a few mansions across Cadara from my father's will and I already have more than half of his money under my name. Legally, it's mine. He can't take that now, I'm eighteen." 

He seemed a little impressed. 

"Mr. Tanner-" 

"Would you marry my daughter?" he asked blatantly. 

"Yes," I nodded. I didn't have to think about it twice. "One day." 

"I want her to get married one or two years after you both finish school. Would you marry her so early?" 

"Yes," I nodded. "I would. And I wouldn't let her feel the lack of anything. She'll have everything she wants, everything she needs, and she'll be happy." 

"You can't guarantee her happiness." 

"But I can guarantee that I'll try my hardest to keep her happy." 

He sighed, shifting in his seat. 

"Sir, every couple has ups and downs, I know for a fact that we will too, but I promise to fight with everything in me for your daughter. And I got a fair beating today too from you and my father when I went back home. That should mean something," I mumbled the last bit, looking away from him. 

"Hmm, you took quite a few slaps, didn't you?" 

"Yes," I let out an exasperated sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose. 

"Your lip is still bleeding," he stated, handing me a tissue. 

I scoffed, taking it from him and blotting the cut on my lip, wiping the blood away. 

"Have you slept with my daughter?" 

I froze. I couldn't look him in the eye after he asked me that. "What kind of question is that?" I asked, focusing on the tissue, staring at the blood spots on it. 

"One in simple English. Answer it before I slap you again," he scoffed. 

"I can't answer that," I shook my head. 

"Why not?" 

"Because I don't know if she would want you to know the answer to that. You best ask her on your own. If she wants to tell you, she will. Otherwise, I think it's best you don't know," I mumbled, staring at my shoes. 

"So you have," he concluded. 

I sighed, looking up at him pleadingly. "Please don't make me answer that." 

"You should if you want to be with her." 

I dragged my hands down my face. "Yes," I groaned from behind my hands before pulling them down. "Yes, I have slept with her." 

"And you didn't do it to use her?" 

"Of course not!" 

Well... we were both just using each other at first. 

"Just once?" he asked. He's clearly enjoying watching me squirm. 

"No. Multiple times. I have slept with your daughter multiple times. Here and at my house. Anything else?" I huffed. 

He raised his eyebrows at me. 

"And we did it while you were still at home." 

He grabbed the tissue box, throwing it at me. 

I caught it, putting it back down on the table. "I'm in love with your daughter, I don't know how many more times I have to say it. I can't let go of her," I shrugged. 

"Fine," he shrugged. "I believe you. You want to be with her? Go ahead. But I want you to talk to your father first." 

I looked at him in confusion. 

"Venus wouldn't want you to leave your family for her. And neither do I. Talk to him first. And then tell me what he says." 

"But-" 

"And until you do that, you cannot see my daughter." 

"What?!" I exclaimed. 

"She'll be trapped here till then," he said, shooting me a pointed look. "Surely, you won't sneak in to see her?" 

"Haha," I laughed sarcastically. "Hahaha," I rolled my eyes, tossing the tissue in the trash can by my feet. "He won't listen," I shook my head. 

"Then you're more than welcome to leave your family. But I want you to try talking to your father before you do that. Instead of going to him and saying 'Oh, I'm leaving the family,' I want you to talk to him the way you just spoke to me." 

"Oh," I laughed, shaking my head. "He'll kick me out himself." 

"Even better, you won't have any regrets," he nodded. 

I sighed, tilting my head to one side. 

"You have to do it," he shrugged. "There's no other way. You have to tell him just how you told me." 

"Mr. Tanner," I sighed. "You're getting me in trouble." 

"You already did that to yourself when you fell in love with my daughter," he shrugged. 

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 38

Half the problem is now solved

one family is now okay w their relationship lmao

next chapter: brutal

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 68 22
Lilliana Barnette is your typical timid teenage girl who finds herself falling more and more in love with the handsome Damon Michaelson....her father...
243K 10K 73
The Cunningham's and the Montgomery's have since long been feuding with one another. Dating decades back, the two families separate advertising compa...
159K 4.2K 51
Rose Waterstone, daughter of the lead commander, is sent to the facility at the ripe age of seventeen. She was sent for the same reason as everyone e...
500K 11.8K 50
"Kiss me" He wickedly smiled. Knowing that he had me under his control. * Avery Thorn Was just a regular 15yr old freshmen. Until one day she snuck...