Avatar x Male Reader

By ImmortalGod1

Why do people fear fire? The big body of Water is called the ocean... Then there is the Earth itself...a gian... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chpater 52
Ember Island Players
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 (End)

Chapter 37

12.4K 520 404
By ImmortalGod1

(You all are awesome so take a chapter two days in a row!)

Y/n: Betray trust...?

Wan Chi Tong: Were you aware of what they were planning?

Y/n: Said...getting map of...fire nation...

Wan Chi Tong: Are you sure these are your friends?

Y/n: Yes! Why ask?

Wan Chi Tong: Because if they were borrowing a map of the fire nation it wouldn't be that much of concern...I would be a bit disappointed but the info they plan on leaving with...I think we should go see for ourselves...

He covers y/n with his wings

When he removes them he sees everyone in a dome-like room

Wan Chi Tong: Mortals are so predictable and terrible liars...you lied straight to my face and the lack of respect was expected by me, but let's see if you will lie to your friend's face...tell him what you plan on leaving here with, tell him the information...

Y/n has a smile on his face

Y/n: Nothing serious...y/n is sure! Just grab...map!

None of them say anything

Y/n: Right?

Sokka: Y/n...

Y/n's smile slowly fades away as he starts to get cold

Y/n: Right...friends?

Sokka: We're sorry...

Want Chi Tong: They found the date of a solar eclipse...a day where firebenders cannot bend...they plan to attack that day...

Sokka: We just want to protect as many people as we can...

Y/n: You don't think I can handle it?

Sokka: Of course you can but we just want to make it easier for everyone else...

Y/n: And you just plan on killing people who can't bend...

Sokka: We aren't going to kill anyone, but the fire nation has done it before...

Y/n: So that justifies doing the same thing! To drop down to their level...do you think everyone is going to just listen and not kill anyone? You all know of loss but imagine being told that your family is killed and they couldn't even fight back...

Sokka: The fire nation did the same thing to our tribe!

Y/n: So you are aware of how it feels and yet you still choose to spread the feeling further!

Sokka: What do you want us to do y/n!

Y/n: Trust me! I want you to believe in me!

Sokka: We just can't take that chance y/n!

Y/n: Do you know how I will have to bend during the eclipse? I will have to take body heat from people, do you know how that feels? Your body's organs will start to fail and you will feel extremely cold and your vision will blacken until you die...

Y/n coughs up blood

Sokka: Calm down...

Y/n shouts anyway as blood trickles from his bandages

Y/n: Tell me...do any of you have the heart to stop someone else's?

Aang: You're being too generous to people that killed all my people!

Y/n: And if this happens I feel like I may be saying the same thing to you one day...the fire nation has strong, passionate people who just want to protect their families like everyone else! They may be willing to rebel and help but if they can't bend then we can't get additional support!

Aang: Like that girl that chased after us? Azula?

Y/n: You keep her name out of your vocabulary Aang! You know nothing of what she and I have been through!

Sokka: Bottom line is we need to do whatever we can to get the edge...

Wan Chi Tong: You think you are the first people to believe that their war was justified, countless others before you have come here to find weaknesses, weapons, or battle strategies!

Aang: We're just desperate to protect the people we love!

Wan Chi Tong: And now I will protect what I love...no one will ever visit here unless I say so...

He flaps his wings

Katara: He's bringing the library down! We need to leave!

Wan Chi Tong: Y/n you have given this place great knowledge that will help many people one day I thank you for that...do you plan on leaving?

Y/n: I'm afraid so...I'm sorry for what has happened...

Wan Chi Tong: As am I, would you like for me to let them go?

Y/n looks at them and sighs

Y/n: Yes, let them go...

Wan Chi Tong: Very well then, you have spoken...you all should leave now, once this place closes it won't be accessible to most...do make sure you visit again y/n so we may further your study...it'll be good to see knowledge go to helping others for a change...

Y/n: I will...

Y/n starts to walk out as the others follow

Zei: I think I'll stay here...I've been searching for this place for a long time...

They nod as they continue to leave

There is no talking between anyone

As the place crashes down y/n gets one last look at it all

They climb up the rope and climb outside

Y/n looks at the library become a memory...a once-great selection of knowledge now lost to the sand...

Sokka puts his hand on y/n's shoulder

It burns his hand

Y/n: You know what's funny? If you ask anyone in any nation about the fire nation, you'll hear nothing but horrible things, I've heard it all...but when you ask people inside our borders you'll hear the pride in one's voice, we are aware that we have issues but the only people that are going to look out for us are our own people since no one else will...I hope you feel good taking away something that we train so hard for...

Y/n tosses him his bag

Y/n: Patch yourself up...

Aang: Where's Appa?

Toph: I'm sorry...

Aang: You let them take Appa! Y/n find his heat signature or something!

Y/n: Funny, all of the sudden you need my help...I can't find him...in this heat and how long he's been gone, it's far too late...

Aang: Toph how could you!

Toph: I can't see very well in the sand...

Katara: She saved our lives...

Sokka: But now who's gonna save ours...?

Y/n: I will...

Aang: I'm looking for Appa...

He flies off

Y/n walks up to Toph

Y/n: You can't see?

Toph: Not very well...kind of feels weird to walk on the sand...

Y/n: May I hold your hand?

Toph: Umm...sure...

He grabs her hand

Y/n: Then say close to me alright?

Toph: I thought you only talked like that when you were mad?

Y/n: I think it's during times of extreme emotion, happiness, sadness, anger...and when I'm around...Azula...

Toph: Are you mad?

Y/n: Yes...

Toph: At me?

Y/n: No Toph, I know you did your best...that's all we ever can do...do our best and hope for the best back...

Toph: Are we gonna die out here?

Y/n: Not with me here...

He starts to cool down the air around him

Y/n: Katara, Sokka, stay close...

Sokka: Y/n listen...

Y/n: I think now isn't a great time...

Toph: There were so many...

Y/n: I know Toph...

Toph: I'm sorry...

Y/n thinks for a bit

Y/n: You know will cheer you up?

Toph: What?

Y/n: We're gonna find Appa and I'm sure he'll be just as happy to see you as you are to see him...and I've been working on a way to help you read...

Toph: Really?

Y/n: I'll be working on it after the war for you okay? But we'll start small...like tracing words on your hands...

She squeezes his hand and punches his shoulder

She doesn't say anything but y/n knows what she means

Y/n: No problem Toph...

They walk through the sand not knowing where they are going but staying together

Y/n starts to calm down as his speech returns to the way it usually is...

The sky turns dark as the moon lights up the way

Y/n: Thanks Yue...

Katara: I think we should all rest here...

Sokka: I need some water...

Katara: Everyone can get one sip...

She waterbends Sokka and Toph water and gives herself some as well...

Katara: Y/n...

Y/n: No...Aang has been...out for a while...give him y/n's too...

Katara: I'm sure he'll appreciate that...

Y/n: Get sleep...y/n wait...for him...

Everyone lays down as y/n keeps them warm

Aang walks up with his head down

Aang: I'm so sorry y/n...I've already lost Appa and I'm...I'm scared...I don't want to lose you too...you don't have to like me, you don't have to do it for me...but please don't go...

Y/n hugs Aang

Y/n: We'll do this together okay? Trust me...

Aang releases the hug as he sits down

Y/n: Y/n keep...you all warm...drink water and sleep...

Aang nods his head as he drinks some

Aang: Did you drink some already?

Y/n: Left for you...

Aang: Are you sure?

Y/n gives a thumbs up and smiles

Y/n: Positively!

Aang drinks the rest of the water and lays down

Aang: The world doesn't deserve you, you're the best...

Y/n: I'm nothing special but you all...

He opens his notebook and looks at all the pages, pictures, his moments of learning, and names...the memories being made...

Y/n: You're all the best...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.2K 1.2K 18
Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. The four elements of the world. There was four nations. Each one named after their element but one nation wanted to be i...
46.5K 1.2K 29
"You dare challenge the King!" He burst with fury in front of the teen. She would be lying if she said she wasn't shaking with fear for he was a grow...
117K 3.2K 18
Having discovered her worst nightmare had come true, Aya is still traveling with her older brother and sister and the Avatar. Aya finally got her wis...
660K 27.4K 45
(NOT EDITED AT ALL) (LOTS OF GRAMMAR ERRORS) (I was young when I wrote this lol) "You're special, fire boy," the man grins, "you and the others are...