How to Survive a Werewolf Rom...

بواسطة NelleIvy

Love cliches? Hate cliches? Either way, this story murders them, marinates them, and fries them up for your... المزيد

Greetings & Introduction
Ch 1: Extraordinarily Ordinary
Ch 2: Expect the Unexpected
Ch 3: Uncomfortably Comfortable
Ch 4: Impatient Patience
We're Past the Point of No Editing
Ch 5: Lycan's Advocate
Ch 6: Temper the Tempers
Ch 7: Quantitative Proof
Ch 8: Silly Human Restraint
Ch 9: Puddle of Contentment
Ch 10: Trouble Believing
Chapter 11: Woes of the World
Chapter 12: Instinctive Satisfaction
Chapter 13: Intense Attention
Chapter 15: It All Began With A Broken Bond
Chapter 16: Could Not Get Enough
Chapter 17: If the Shoe Fits
Chapter 18: Figured Out Already
Chapter 19: Shared Hallucinations
Chapter 20: Wouldn't Trade It
Chapter 21: The Kingdom's Good Fortune
Chapter 22: Mate Coloured Glasses
Chapter 23: A Night Not to Remember
Chapter 24: A Marvellous Mishap
Chapter 25: Sage Wisdom
Chapter 26: End in Catastrophe
Chapter 27: Special Treatment
Chapter 28: We Were Off
Chapter 29: Nothing Here is Simple
Chapter 30: Future Princess or Future Tyrant
Chapter 31: Misinterpreted the Situation
Chapter 32: Get Revenge
Chapter 33: High-Drama Crimes
Chapter 34: Plus One
Chapter 35: Raging Alpha
Chapter 36: Unorthodox Methods
Chapter 37: Delusions Grow
Chapter 38: Message for the Current Hour
Chapter 39: Why Now
Chapter 40: Overall Favourability
Award/Meme

Chapter 14: I Believed that He Believed

40 6 36
بواسطة NelleIvy

Author's Note:

Whoops!  Forgot to update this last Friday, here it is now.

Thanks for reading!!!  :)

<<< << < > >> >>>

We finished our delightful meal. It was the most romantic meal of my life, so far. Which was truthfully not that high of a bar, but it blew it out of the water.

Arthur held my hand as we began to walk out of the restaurant under the watchful eyes of our bodyguards.

"Prince Arthur!" I heard a female voice call out.

Arthur stiffened a bit beside me. I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck raise up just a bit before I even turned around to see just who was coming towards me.

She reminded me of Fleur since they were both exquisite beauties, but that was where the similarity ended. This woman had beautiful red curls streaming halfway down her back and perfect even features. She looked a bit like a pixie.

I instantly disliked her. Why was she talking to my mate with such familiarity?

Arthur had also turned to meet the coming intrusion. "Anne, this is Luna Serenity. Serenity, this is my mate and the future princess, Anne."

"It's wonderful to meet you," she gushed. "I've been waiting to since Brandon told me about you. I could hardly contain myself," she said.

She must be rather impatient since it had only been three days since Arthur had found me.

"I've heard so much about you and you look amazing, Lady Anne."

"Thank you," I said. "You look very nice yourself."

Although it was rather awkward, I was somewhat comforted that she had her laser focus directed at me so much that she might have even forgotten he was there.

Perhaps I could get along with Serenity. She was like Kayla on stimulants.

"Thanks so much. Oh, Arthur, where in the world did you find her? I want to hear everything," she told me.

"Well, Serenity, there'll be time for that later at the welcoming party," Arthur said.

"There'll be so many more people there, Arthur. You're going to overwhelm her," she said as if I could not speak for myself.

I realized I was going to have to assert my dominance in this relationship. It was always easier when my wolf was focused, since that sort of animalistic power simply rolled of off her, but this sort of situation was probably what she meant by not messing things up while she was inattentive.

I began to speak. "Luna Serenity, it's been—"

"Serenity? Serenity! There you are," I was interrupted by a familiar face I had first seen right after I had met my mate. Brandon had a slight scowl on his face as he approached.

She whirled to face her mate a bit defensively.

"Wait, is this why you were so insistent on coming here tonight?" Brandon asked. His frown deepened.

"Why do you always assume the worst?" she snapped back at him.

"I don't always assume the worst," he protested. Brandon forcibly relaxed his muscles as he looked towards Arthur and me. "I am sorry, Prince Arthur, Lady Anne. I did not—"

"Why do you never believe me?" she hissed at him, loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Serenity, I—"

"My apologies, but Anne and I still have another destination, Alpha Brandon, Luna Serenity."

"No, let me apologize for us interrupting you," Brandon argued.

Serenity met my gaze again. "I am sorry if I held up your night. I was simply very excited to meet you and I'm looking forward to seeing you again, Lady Anne."

"You too," I agreed.

Arthur and I quickly left. I could hear them begin fighting again as the doors shut behind us.

Arthur helped me into the limousine and the vehicle began to move.

"So, that was Serenity Grace, formerly of the Red Hills and now luna to Harvest Moon."

"She doesn't seem that serene," I said with a half smile.

Arthur chuckled. "Naming a werewolf Serenity Grace does seem to be just asking for trouble."

"Is her wolf as... That?"

"And even more so."

I leaned against Arthur and he put his arm around me.

"She's going to want to be your best friend," he warned.

"Well, I do think she's well meaning," I said.

"She has good intentions, like you would find paving the road to hell, you know?"

I laughed at his mild joke and he looked very satisfied.

We slipped into a companionable silence for a few minutes until I began wondering, "So where are we going?"

"I have a surprise for you," he told me.

I decided to just be patient and see what he had in store for me. It would no doubt be lovely.

<<< << < > >> >>>

When the car stopped, Arthur helped me get out of the vehicle. Of course I did not need it, but I found I liked the action as a symbol of his care.

We walked together, holding hands as we went towards a tall tower that he had shown me during the light of day. I did not question him and simply followed as the security guard let us inside.

Arthur was constantly touching me as we rode the elevator up and I could feel my heart beating frantically in my chest at the contact. Being near him was like a workout without having to move an inch.

The doors opened and we walked through the building and out the doors to the external viewing platform. Arthur led me outside and I could instantly see why he had brought me back to the tower.

The capital city, Arthur's city, spread out before us. Lights lined the roadways and covered the buildings, looking like a million stars fallen to the ground. And above it all was the darkness of the night sky where I could see the brightest stars despite the lights of the city.

And above it all hung the moon, ruling the night sky. I could almost understand why people believed that it had a hand in our fates.

I turned to Arthur and realized he had been watching me. "It's beautiful, thank you for showing me."

He was a more beautiful sight than the bright satellite that illuminated him.

He smiled. "I thought you would like it."

Then he moved forward and brought his lips down to mine and I was reminded of how much more I liked him than even the scene laid out before me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck while our mouths moved together in a dance just for the two of us.

<<< << < > >> >>>

I could have stayed there all night with him, but I started to get cold and Arthur noticed. He gave me his jacket which was warm and smelled better than any garment I had ever worn before. We stayed close together and laughed to ourselves as we left the tower.

When we returned to the palace Hargreeves greeted us as we made our way through to our rooms. It was nice to see his friendly if reserved face as we passed.

We entered our rooms and Arthur kissed me again and I could tell it was testing his restraint to stop. Again I was disappointed, but also impressed by his self control.

Truly, it was the most attractive thing about him, in a fifty way tie with all the other wonderful traits he bore. I went into my room, took a shower and dressed in my pajamas.

I could do nothing but feel impatient for the day when we would be finished waiting. I wanted to be with him all the time.

It took me a while to fall asleep that night.

<<< << < > >> >>>

I was woken by Velda in the morning and she helped me get ready.

I wondered if I would eventually lose my ability to function independently from lack of use. It seemed troublingly likely.

As I observed my ridiculous walk in closet, I realized how much had already been done for me since I had gotten here. How many people had spent their time organizing my things since I had arrived?

It was troubling and humbling all at once.

I brushed the thoughts away and hurried out.

Arthur was sitting on the couch. "Good morning, Anne. You look beautiful."

My smile was wide as I responded. "You look wonderful."

He really did. He was already perfectly polished in a semi casual shirt and trousers, except for a couple locks of hair that seemed determined not to be tamed.

I kind of wanted to use them as an excuse to touch his hair, but I restrained myself.

Even with my wolf busy it seemed my mind was still all over the place. Maybe I could not entirely blame her for all my predilections, but then again the mate bond was still going strong even when she was preoccupied with Pierce in the Wolfscape. It was definitely a good scapegoat on any day.

"So, what are our plans today?" I asked him to sidetrack myself.

"Well, breakfast, then we'll have a meeting with Andre, our Royal Media Consultant, and then afterwards I've got to go speak with my father. At the same time you'll talk to Reynold, your new court etiquette tutor, and then I'll meet you for lunch, then dancing lessons, and then supper with my parents where you'll meet my father."

My wide eyed expression gradually transitioned from amazement at his almost indescribable attractiveness to horror at what the day had in store for me.

"Is that too much?" he asked, clearly having correctly interpreted my expression.

I considered. "No, as long as I'm not expected to manage this every day," I said.

He nodded. "Things will settle down, I promise."

I believed that he believed that things would settle and maybe they would, relative to his norm.

However, my life was never going to settle back to what it had once been.

I went and sat down next to him and felt the pleasant tingling in my hand where my skin can into contact with his. I realized that I was fine with it.

If chaos was the price I would pay to have him belong to me, then bring it on.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

534K 37.5K 50
A murderous, psychopathic pixie with a gun meets a equally attractive, maddening prince who also has a gun. The real twist? A mysterious d...
2.4K 86 26
A parody... except it slowly gets less satirical as I get way too attached to the characters and turn the story into a shipping-fest ~~~~ "Why are yo...
3.9M 144K 60
Life Lesson #1: If you are planning on going to a nightclub in the middle of sketchy, dark woods, don't. Life Lesson #2: If there are too many attr...
10.9K 520 18
"Can I ask for one selfish thing before you go?" Titan asked me with sadness in his eyes. I held my breath but nodded. "A kiss." He said. "One last k...