Sinner

By NightTime_Storiexs

The Princetons and the Lockes. It's an enmity of decades. And so the tradition continues when it comes to Ven... More

1| Cadara
2| War
3| Family
4| Morals
5| Bleachers
6| Practice
7| Brunch
8| Theory
9| Wine
10| Sherlock
11| Grammy
12| Sleep
13| Pink
14| Plan
15| Prove
16| Twenty
17| Suffocating
18| Candy
19| Disguise
20| Eyes
21| Cage
22| Mismatched
23| Golf
24| Rome
25| Him
26| Pickle
27| Honesty
28| Reflect
29| Grave
30| Stars
32| Winner
33| Heartbeat
34| Darling
35| Token
36| Reported
37| Hate
38| Threat
39| Brutal
40| Wish
41| Epilogue

31| Crowd

13.8K 503 81
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 31: Crowd (Venus's POV)

It was now the next day. I was getting ready for the game tonight with Remy, actually. The school day was normal. We snuck into the library at lunch and that was that. The new normal of my life. Sneaking around to meet Caden Locke.

I told Remy everything today. Only because she finally told me that she and Roman had been dating. I kind of guessed because she did tell me that they've been hanging out and a lot of the times when I would call or text her, she would be with him. So I guessed it.

She also knew something was up with Caden and me since we would both disappear at lunch. I'm surprised other people in our school aren't speculating but there is no way I'm complaining.

"Are you going to the game tonight because he asked you?" she asked while brushing her hair.

I pulled my shoes on, sitting on the bed. "I'm going to the game because he's playing. It seems like it's important for him," I said while tying my laces.

"He said something to Roman a few days ago."

"What?" I asked.

"Roman was also telling me about the game. He was saying that Caden's dad told him that if he doesn't want to study anything then he has to take soccer seriously until he gets invested in royalty. Something like that, I don't know," she shrugged.

I fell into thought. It does sound like something his dad would say. But I also know for a fact that his dad has no idea that Caden has no interest in ever getting invested in royalty.

"I don't know, maybe," I replied. I haven't told Remy about Caden leaving royalty and his family. It's not my place to tell her that. "Ready to go?" I asked.

"Yeah," she put the brush down. "Are we walking?"

"Nope, my dad is driving."

"He's letting you go?" she asked, her eyes a little wide.

"He doesn't know who I'm going for, now does he?" I lifted a brow at her sharply.

"Fair enough. Let's go," she chuckled.

"Wait a second, I'll bring my dad," I said when we reached downstairs. I went to his study and knocked on the door. I stuck my head in and found him reading through and signing some papers. "Dad, we wanted to leave now. Could you please drive us?" I asked.

"Sure thing, let's go," he said, signing the last page and then walking to me, grabbing his car keys.

"Was that a contract?" I asked.

"For Prince Alexander in Azura, yes," he nodded, opening the door and letting me go first. We all climbed into the car and then he started driving. "You don't normally go for the games, what happened this time?" my dad asked, glancing at me.

I opened my mouth to answer but Remy beat me to it. "Actually, Mr. Princeton, I finally found myself a boyfriend and he's playing tonight," she said nonchalantly.

"Oh, congratulations," my dad laughed, turning to look at her briefly. "And who is the lucky boy?"

Remy and I looked at each other. "Roman Humphries," she answered a little hesitantly.

"Isn't he a friend of Caden's?" He looked at me in confusion.

"He is but I don't even speak to Roman. Just Remy. I'm just going for moral support, I guess," I shrugged out a lie.

"Hmm," he mumbled. Clearly, he's a little suspicious but I don't think he's thinking anything of it. He stopped at the school and turned to me. "Be careful," he said.

"Always am. Bye, love you. Oh also, I won't be back till late."

"How come?" he asked.

"We're going to Hummingbird Heartbeat with some friends afterward if the team wins," Remy said.

This is true. Most people from our school invade the cafe whenever our team wins. But that's not why I won't be home until late.

"Bye," I waved.

"Bye, have fun." And then he drove off.

"Do you think Caden's family will be here tonight?" I asked.

"Maybe his dad since he's so keen on Caden playing soccer?"

As we stepped inside, Roman came jogging over. "Hey," he grinned at Remy. "Hey, Vee."

"Hey," I smiled.

Roman and I do talk. We're friends. Kind of. I mean, yeah we are now that he's dating Remy.

"Oh, Caden's is the library. He's waiting for you."

"Thank you," I sang and then started making my way to the library. I opened the door and walked towards the aisle we normally sit in and found him reading a book. "Hello," I said, sitting beside him.

He closed the book and turned to me, smiling widely. "Hi." He leaned in and kissed me.

"What are you doing here? I thought you'd be getting ready for the game right now."

"I am," he said, gesturing to his attire which was the jersey and shorts to go with it.

"I mean I thought you'd be warming up or something," I chuckled.

"Hmm, but then I wouldn't be able to see you," he said, kissing my cheek. "Or warn you," he said against my skin before pulling away.

"Warn me?"

"From the crowd," he said dramatically. "Dun, dun, dun!"

I laughed, "What are you talking about? Why the crowd?"

"My family is here tonight. I don't know where they'll sit or anything. So just keep an eye out for the crowd. And don't cheer too loud if they're near you."

"Oh, don't you worry. I won't cheer for you at all," I smirked.

"I bet," he chuckled. "Is your dad here to make sure you're taking soccer seriously?" I asked.

He nodded, "Unfortunately, yes." He grabbed my hand, locking our fingers. "If I don't want to study anything until we finish school, I have to take soccer seriously," he sighed, kissing the back of my hand multiple times.

"Even though you don't like soccer all that much, huh?"

"Hmm," he nodded again.

"Well, I'm sure you have at least a little fun out there. I mean, how can Caden Locke not enjoy winning?" I grinned.

"That is very true," he chuckled, nodding.

"The game starts in fifteen minutes. You should go out there," I suggested. "Come on." I stood up and then held my hand out.

He grabbed it and stood up, locking his fingers with mine as we walked to the entrance of the library. I opened the door and stepped out with his hand firmly locked with mine. He pulled me back, smashing his lips on mine, securing an arm around my waist.

I kissed him back but pulled away faster than we both would have liked. "Anyone could see," I reminded him. "We're in the hallway."

He huffed but let me go, taking a step back to increase the distance between us.

"Good luck with the game," I smiled.

"I might need a kiss for that," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes but the corners of my mouth twitched up into a smile anyway. I glanced around and then stepped closer and stood on my toes, pulling his lips down to mine. I kissed him long and hard before pulling away. "Bye," I whispered.

He watched me, beaming, while I ran out of the hall and out to the field, finding a spot in the bleachers and then waving Remy over when I spotted Roman going into the field and her standing up, scanning the crowd. She glanced around and then came over, sitting beside me.

"Do you see Caden's family anywhere?" I whispered. We both searched the crowd and I turned to her when she smacked my arm. I turned to her. She nodded towards the entrance and I followed her gaze, watching his family enter.

His parents were standing side by side, looking for a spot in the bleachers while his mother held onto Axel's hand firmly. Caden came out just then, spotting his parents right away. He walked over, ruffling Axel's hair. Axel looks so excited, it made my heart warm.

His dad said something to him and even though Caden was nodding every once in a while, his eyes were searching the crowd.

He spotted me and his eyes stopped. He looked down at Axel to hide his smile while his dad continued probably lecturing him. He then said something to his dad, gesturing for them to find their seats.

His dad seemed tense and his mother couldn't care less. Axel, on the other hand, just seemed excited to see his older brother play. We were sitting near the stairs that his parents were currently climbing.

He threw me a wink and then jogged over to the rest of the team.

I pulled my legs back as his family walked past Remy and me, taking three of the seats in the same row as me. I guess I really can't cheer too loud for him. But I can cheer for the team.

After five or so minutes, a whistle was blown and the team jogged over into the field while the opposing team did the same. Another whistle echoed and then the game started.

At first, all I saw was guys running everywhere. Our team, the other team, was somewhat a mess. But then once Caden got the ball, he was magically across the field and kicking the ball straight into the goalpost with a lot of force. I thought it would go through the net. I really wanted to cheer. But his parents are only a few seats down. I settled for clapping.

"Yes, Caden!" I heard Axel yell at the top of his lungs.

Remy and I looked at each other and then at Axel. He must have yelled extremely loud because most people heard him over the crowd. Including Caden.

He laughed, walking back over while the goalkeeper of the other team prepared to kick the ball out. He said something to Roman and glanced at me as the game continued.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 31

I FORGOT TO PUBLISH A WHOLE ASS CHAPTER AND SKIPPED IT YALL

OMG

I AM SO FUCKING SORRY

So I unpublished the next chapter even tho you guys already read it and everything. I'll reupload that and the next chapter tomorrow dw

Next chapter: winner

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 309 38
Every year, nobility and royalty from near and far gather together to court and find matches for the Season. Rowan never thought she would find hers...
317 57 13
Heartless? That's what most people thought of Devin, he had a reputation as twisted as the trails of AshenField. Jade was ghost-like, haunting a town...
160K 4.2K 51
Rose Waterstone, daughter of the lead commander, is sent to the facility at the ripe age of seventeen. She was sent for the same reason as everyone e...
3.7K 294 35
In a world of glamour and violence, Aiyden and Nero are sworn enemies, bound by hatred. As the daughter of Crimson Hollow's influential leader, Nero...