Time in a Tree (All Might x R...

By smolestkohai

we've all got secrets. prime all might - welcome to the slowest of slow burns https://spoti.fi/2YMLqlp art cr... More

Chapter I - Greyday
New Girl
Turn
Friend Like Me
Make Time
Spare Time: Cherry's Tree
Trading Cards
Tell Me
Vampyr
Reunion
Spare Time: Tenders with Tauros
Bianca
Fortuity
Collimate
Descant
Dรฉsolรฉe
Your Name
Spare Time: Your Time
Dawn
Panini
Pomegranate
Betoken
Arcadia
Simmer
Spare Time: Naegi
Blunder
Spare Time: Hello There
Chapter II - Prelude
Happy New Year
Bud
Bloom
Assay
Furtive
Spare Time: Unveil
Sanguine
Melee
Ill
Hey, You
Spare Time: Excuse Me, What?
Snag
Ameliorate
Thief
Off the Moon
Spare Time: Strike
Special I: Forget Me Not
Chapter III: Anubia
Conspectus
Prognosticate
Spare Time: Gift
Omurice
Home Too
Violet
Spare Time: uwu
Cozen
Divulgence
Benediction
Welcome Back
Tacenda
Preoccupied
Foil
Spare Time: Your New Name
Drag
Surreptitious
Spare Time: Sangwho?
Phok
Slip Up
Lament
Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered
Special I Part II: Loves Me Not
Special I Finale: Touch Me Not
betabitch
Chapter IV: Fin
Pretty Little Bluff
Equilibrium
Quiescence
Hey Jewelii!
Betrothal
Spare Time: Abrupt
Familiarity
Entendre
Masticate
Spare Time: Snacks
Pantera
Sojourn
Superfluous
Irredeemable
Cloudgate
Retrograde
Book One Finale: Desideratum
Time in a Tree Book Two: Gifts from Kane
Book II Chapter I: Discountenanced

Premonition

1.8K 110 206
By smolestkohai

Dark and early. You rolled out of bed and hit the showers, Might left behind and still asleep. The warm water was inviting, tempting you to stay just a while longer after you'd rinsed off. Don't fall for it. You pushed yourself to continue on with getting ready.

Up and out, walking past the bed he still slept. You dressed in the closet, it had boiled down to either that or forcibly waking him up and kicking him out of the room. And the more you thought about it.....the more appealing it sounded.

Alas, you decided against conflict. The space was big as hell, given the built in shelves and drawers. It wasn't too bad at least.

On with your button up and tights. Where did I hang my...there it is. You pulled your pencil skirt down from its hanger and slid it on, lightly tucking in your shirt tail. I just need to handle my hair and I'm good to go.

Pulled into a high bun you scurried through the home to Yagi's office. You grabbed what you knew for sure he needed bringing them into the kitchen and lying each item neatly on the island. We are not forgetting things anymore. You checked the time. Impressed at the amount you had to kill, you opted to make a quick breakfast and cup of coffee.

Mentally clocked in, you started reading over any emails that came in after hours and peeling through the documents you'd read and re-read to make sure they were correct before they were submitted later that morning. Filling your stomach little by little with the soup and rice balls while you back tracked your work until you were satisfied.

Time check.

Yeah, I should probably wake him.

You entered the bedroom once more, your cup of coffee in hand, and sat down next to the hero's sleeping body. His back up and uncovered. Someone got too warm. "Goodmorning." You cooed, running a coffee mug warmed palm over his shoulder blades. He only rustled, hardly moving away from the intrusion. "Wake up, my Toshi Yoshi." You tried again, blue eyes cracking open as your hand moved up to his neck, still gently saying hello. "Goodmorning." Yagi's voice rolled in, his head still turned away from you. "Time to get up, you didn't bring your alarm with you last night." You meant his phone, one of the many things you had in waiting. Yagi rolled over on his back, facing you and brushing away the stray hairs that stuck to his cheeks. "Would you like to grab some breakfast on the way?"

"I'd enjoy that, but I already ate. I'll be going in before you this morning." You sipped at your caffeine, his eyes on yours for just a second before he looked elsewhere. His cogs blatantly turning. "I'll see you there, big guy." You stood, the blonde's hand catching you by the wrist. "Yes?" Your brows lifted in interest.

"It's nothing, nevermind." His grip loosened. "What is it?" You sat back down. "It's not important." You're such a teen. You sighed, fingertips running behind where his did, catching the hairs that were missed. "What about lunch?" He offered. "I'd like that." You nodded slowly. "I'll see you at the towers."

Everything is prepared for today. You hustled around the office. Where the fuck is his tablet? You scanned, it wasn't at the house so it had to be- There! You snatched it up. Now to just meet him at the door, it's about that time. The clock showed it was almost seven. Downstairs I go. You stepped onto the elevator, taking it down to the lobby.

Nakamura said I'm to stand...here. You took your place next to the entrance, sifting through the ass of emails that had accumulated in a few hours time. Mentally cursing the many who had the idea to send as notifications and e-faxes they could upon opening hours. Your thumbs flew as fast as possible while you moved things around and responded to what you could in the short time you stood there.

The sound of doors sliding open and shut rang in your ears followed quickly by a "Goodmorning."

"Goodmorning, All Might." You looked up and smiled, turning on your heel to now follow him back to the upper floor. "You're a little red in the face, are you not feeling well?" You noticed the tinge of color as you stepped into the elevator with Might. "I feel fine."

"Fantastic." You passed him his tablet. "Throw away whatever you thought today's schedule was going to be. Presentations with marketing are in an hour. The HR department leads have been desperate to discuss the new wave of heroes just hired, that's happening immediately after. It'll push you into a late lunch, but!" You pulled out your phone and opened a spreadsheet. "That freed you up for 'preparation' for your next 'business trip', fancy words for classified you got there." You mentally rolled your eyes hard. "Not going to let me breathe, huh?" Might glanced down to you from his tablet. "Absolutely not." You replied through a chuckle.

Ping

The doors slid open, your heels clicking as you kept pace with him. "Last thing, the UN is politely demanding your presence next month, per a lovely email sent about five minutes ago." You entered his office behind him. "Let me know what you'd like to do. I'll draft a reply and if it suffices you're free to sign it and I'll have it sent." You bowed lightly as he took his seat. "Until then, I'll be near." With that you exited, sitting at your desk across the hall.

My fingers bout to cramp. You typed faster than normal, replying, scheduling, and reviewing project after project before they hit the big guy's desk. Okay, Toshi. You're set for a while now, I've just got to wait and watch for cancellations and the like.

You'd seen the three groups scheduled for the day come and go, and watched as the lightning turned orange with the sunset. Late night. Lunch became a bust when the hero decided he could juggle that and the surprise 'dare n do' going on just barely in view from his office window.

Beep Beep

"Could you come in here?" Might's voice came through the little intercom on your desk. Startled a bit, you pushed back from your desk. Really forgot that was there. You stood and went over to one of the massive double doors. Your palm flat and pressing against the cool wood, you entered slowly, head down. "Yes?"

"You're so formal." Might spoke from the other side of the room. "Should I not be?" You peeked, his hair almost golden caught in the sunset. "You're welcome to loosen up."

"Ah, I'll call you Yoshi then." You stood straight still watching him, head tilting at what you were observing. Did you call me in here just to stare? Ha! All Mighto IS ecchi. "Not that loose." Does he not- Your eyes narrowed.

"I can see you." You spoke up, that red tint returning to his face two fold. "I know that's not why you called me in." Your smirk was too devious.

"Gomen!" His eyes shot elsewhere, you shrugged. "Dude, we sleep in the same bed regularly, we're basically married." We're gonna be married, you keep staring like that. You gave a giggle and waved it off. "No harm done."

"Then what would my wife like for dinner?" He turned back. "Since I missed our lunch." I-!

"Hmm." Dick. I want dick for dinner. "I'm not sure." I want eggs. I want them fertilized. "I could go for anything, really."

Beep beep beep.

Your eyes shot open, taking in your surroundings. Still in bed, alarm beeping next to your head until you reached over turning it off. You sucked your teeth. "Fuck." Now I have to do it for real. You rolled out of bed and got to it.

Outside of your dream, you opted for your lantern sleeved sweater instead of the button up, paired the same skirt pulled from its hanger. This is dumb. Stupid alarm waking me up before I ate. You shot around the house just as planned in your resting state. Prepped and ready for the day, the hero woken up, then out the door headed for the office.

The work day was almost over as you sat typing away from your desk. Footsteps approached from afar. There aren't any more meetings.... You read over the schedule as they got closer. So who the hell...

Glancing up as they stopped in front of you, a frown meeting your widening eyes. You gasped and shot up, mouth ajar at the green haired man in front of you. "You're!" Oh SHIT! "You're Sir Nighteye!" You finally got out. His face placid while yours still coursed with excitement. "Oh!" You bowed. "It's very nice to meet you! Sorry for the informality!"

"Who are you?" He asked briskly, you introduced yourself quickly. That question was fair, you'd thought you would have seen him at least once while working there so far. "You're so cool! You've got a quirk like my mom!" The fangirling wasn't intentional, but you were here now.

"Really?" Nighteye pushed up his glasses, leaning forward onto your desk. "Mhm! You just have to ask her! She can see multiple possibilities as well!" You pulled out your phone. "What time was All Might expecting you?" You asked, dialing your mom. "In the next ten minutes or so."

"Do you mind if I show you?"

"By all means, I'm interested in the multiples aspect."

You grinned wildly as the phone rang. "Hello?"

"Mama! You'll never guess who's in front of me."

"Hmm. Is it a hero?"

"It's Sir Nighteye!" You squealed, she did the same. "Tell him we're the same!"

"I did! Mama, he can hear you. What time will All Might call looking for him?"

"Half past six." She answered, you and the hero checked the time. "What will he say?"

"Either 'Did something happen on the way?' Or 'Nighteye, you must have found someone without a sense of humor.' The second is more likely." She paused. "It's looking like he may just show up more than anything, actually." You looked at Nighteye who stared intently at your phone down as if it were your mother herself. "Fascinating."

"Thanks, mama!" You gave your elongated goodbyes. "It's so cool that I get to meet you!"

You continued talking, laughing a lot. He's actually really funny. The sound of Might's heavy office door opening caught your attention. "Oh!" You bowed. "I held him up, I apologize!" Your eyes travelled to the time. "I thought I heard laughter out here."

You stood straight, seeing Nighteye checking the time as well then making eye contact with you. "Yeah?" You smiled at his approving nod.

It seemed dinner was still the move. Your form sat across from the blond in a cozy little corner. "How was your first day?" Might asked, only half way pulling your attention from your food. "It was alright." You picked over your salad. "What didn't you like?"

You shook your head. "Nothing serious...just wish I could see you more." This vinaigrette tastes like ass. "You haven't grown tired of me after all." He breathed.

"Huh? What would make you think I'd grow tired of you?" Finally making eye contact. "Everything about this." He answered. "Toshi." You grabbed hold of his hand. "I am not mad about those damn scallops."

"Prove it."

"How?"

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"What?"

BEEP BEEP BEEP

FUCK. You rolled over nudging the body next to you, irritated at the string of dreams so far. "Toshi, wake up." You nudged again, this time with more force. The hero grumbled, his hand sliding across the bed until it found purchase on your shoulder....and started to push. "Toshi!" You gasped, hands grabbing at the sheets in vain. "Toshi, chill!" You neared the edge. "Toshi!" You grabbed at his arm, clawing for dear life. "YOSHI." He sped up, propping up on the opposite arm just long enough to send you sliding you across the sheets and of the

"OOF. You ass!" You rubbed your side and popped up, his back to you. "Are you awake?!"

Snoring. Snoring was your answer.

"Muthafu- well..." You picked yourself up off the floor. "I guess that means I'm actually awake this time." With a heavy sigh you headed to the bathroom once more.

Okay, all of my things are packed, all of his things are in eye shot...So I just, looking at the time, have to get him up and then be on my way.

"Wake up, you menace." You took a seat next to his sleeping form. "Toshiiii." He lied still, breathing heavily. Your lips pursed as you sighed, lying a warm hand on his back once again. A flattened palm rubbing circles while you tried a gentle approach. A quiet voice coaxing him repeatedly to rise and start the day. "It's time to get up, my favorite person."

His eyes cracked open, steely blue tracing to you. "Am I now?" Oh THAT'S what it takes to wake you up. Too late to back track. "Goodmorning, my favorite person." You repeated, brushing away some of the hairs from his face. "Goodmorning."

"You left your phone in your office, so I'm your alarm today."

"The best alarm I've ever had." Yagi sat up, your head reclining to follow him up while you hummed in response. "Would you like to have breakfast with me this morning?" He asked softly. Oh no. "I'd love to, but I've already eaten. I'll be at the towers before you, Toshi." Your hand hadn't left his skin, now resting on his cheek. "I'll see you there, big guy."

As you pulled away, his hand curled lightly around your wrist. "Wait-"

"Dinner?" You asked. "Would you like to have dinner with me, Toshinori?"

"I'd love to." His hand slid back, lingering at your fingertips.

"It's a date. I'll see you soon."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464K 17.2K 41
[แด…แด€ส™ษช x ส€แด‡แด€แด…แด‡ส€] "๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜บ" ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐€๐ค๐š๐ ๐ฎ๐ซ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ง๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ข๏ฟฝ...
1.4K 84 26
๐‘Šโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก'๐‘  ๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘˜๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘“๐‘’? ๐‘‡๐‘œ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข...๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘–๐‘“ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™...
12.7K 467 26
โ‡ข My life is a complete mess. That's basically everything you need to know. I welcome you to my crazy, twisted, โœ„๐š•ฬถ๐š˜ฬถ๐šŸฬถ๐šŽฬถ๐šœฬถ๐šฬถ๐š˜ฬถ๐š›ฬถ๐šขฬถ.โ™ก๏ธŽ โ‡  โ ...
4K 93 16
[Discontinued, may change later on in the future] ๐ˆ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ง๐จ ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ฉ ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ๐ข๐š๐ฅ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐š๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ฆ๏ฟฝ...