Saudade (Haikyuu Fanfiction)

By ynnabanana25

It is the feeling of longing for something or someone that you love and which is lost. Also available on AO3... More

4 Walls
50 Ways to Say Goodbye
Phone Number
Stay With Me
Sugar Free
The Wind of Heart-Throbbing
Sweet Romance
Passionate
We Belong Together
Wee Woo
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Chocolate Love
Hard Carry
Navillera
Wanted (pt. 1)
Wanted (pt. 2)
Beautiful Boy
Stop Stop It
Make Me Proud
Beautiful Soul
INTERMISSION: Officially Missing You (pt. 1)
Officially Missing You (pt. 2)
You're The One That I Want
Burning
Drive
Stand By Me
Last Chance
Hello (pt.1)
Hello (pt. 2)
Broken Home (pt. 1)
You Were Mine
Good Charlotte
Loneliest Baby
April Fools' Special: Red Flavor
Witch Doctor (pt. 1)
Witch Doctor (pt. 2)
Good Luck
Pride of Tomorrow
Because of You
Listen to Your Heart
Catal Rythm
Doubt and Trust
Gogobebe
Intentions (pt. 1)

You Have More Friends Than You Know

654 36 8
By ynnabanana25

A/N: Hiii! It has been a month since I first publised this work on AO3. Thank you all for the support, it really makes me happy <3 To celebrate, I would be doing a double update here. In a few hours, the next chapter would be published here. Enjoy <3

_______________________

You have more friends than you know

Some who surround you

Some you are destined to meet

You'll have more love in your life

-You Have More Friends Than You Know by Jeff Marx

...

Yachi Hitoka was something.

One day, Kiyoko-san arrived in the gym with the girl in tow. Tobio found out that she was a first-year as well and she is... a very nervous person.

When the members of the club crowded the door to greet her, poor Yachi-san looked like she's going to have an aneurysm. Tobio sort of understood, he might not look like it but being surrounded by people you don't know is pretty scary. Kiyoko-san asked them to back up and give Yachi-san space and to not approach her carelessly until she got used to being around them.

Another thing that Tobio found out about Yachi-san is she is very smart. She's from Class 5! All first-years had self-study so Hinata decided to drag Tobio to go to Tsukishima's class to teach them, not that Tobio needed to.

Since Tsukishima woke up that day and chose to be a dick, he of course refused. Saying that he only agreed to teach before and after club activities. Hinata begrudgingly gave up; thank goodness for Yamaguchi, he informed that two that Yachi-san was in the class next door and that she was pretty smart. Yamaguchi suggested if they can ask her.

Dumbass Hinata found the suggestion genius and proceeded to drag Tobio. Why he didn't smack the other yet was beyond him. Tobio finds the plan ridiculous. They'll just scare Yachi-san by barging in her classroom, Tobio was sure Yachi-san would panic about their names when they haven't introduced themselves yet.

He knows because he was like that. Tobio was bad with names and he can't remember how many times he got in trouble for it.

And Tobio had not been wrong.

Tobio could see the color leave Yachi-san's face when Hinata called out to her and then proceeded to talk about Tsukishima refusing to teach them, and he's wondering if she could teach them instead?

Tobio wanted to smack Dumbass Hinata, can't he see that Yachi-san was panicking?! Maybe sensing Tobio's intentions or seeing Yachi-san's face, Hinata proceeded to introduce himself and Tobio.

Another thing Tobio found out about Yachi-san is that she apologizes for the smallest things, and voices out her thoughts although unintentionally.

For some reason, Hinata was able to persuade Yachi-san to teach them, and while in the middle of teaching them Yachi-san somehow got the thought that Hinata was not a regular which had the boy squawking in disbelief.

Yachi-san apologized and lamented that she unintentionally judged someone because of their appearance. Tobio liked that. It just means that Yachi-san was trying to become a better person who does not judge others before knowing them.

...

During afternoon practice, Hinata bounded to Yachi-san screaming about being able to correctly answer 1/3 of the questions they had, all thanks to Yachi-san's teaching. Tobio silently agreed. Although he was being tutored by Oikawa and Iwaizumi, having another first-year teach the material was different. It was more relatable and less intimidating than having an upperclassman teach the material.

Both Hinata and Yachi-san cheered, the latter was taken aback when Hinata suddenly offered that she becomes the manager. Tobio also hopes she would. She's nice.

The most shocking thing Tobio found out for the day was that Yachi-san was soulmates with Yamaguchi Tadashi.

It happened in the middle of practice, the ball was hurtling towards Yachi-san but Hinata ran and was able to bump it back to the court in time. When that particular set ended, Yamaguchi approached her to apologize because he was the reason why the ball was coming her way in the first place.

Yachi-san did not know what to do, she began stammering that it was fine and she was not hurt. This obviously triggered Yamaguchi's own panic, the freckled boy began to get flustered and started apologizing profusely. Tobio did not know when it happened, but it became an apologizing fest between the two and Tobio found the scene funny.

Suddenly, Nishinoya-san rolling thundered, and he took down Tanaka-san who bumped to Yamaguchi who then bumped to Yachi-san. Thankfully, Yamaguchi was able to regain both his and Yachi-san's balance. He can't say the same about Tanaka-san who was groaning on the ground.

When Tobio turned to look at the two other first-years, what he saw looks like it came out of a shojo manga. Yamaguchi had his arm around Yachi-san's waist while the other had an arm on Yamaguchi's shoulder to support herself. When they both snapped out of the shock, they quickly let go of each other and started apologizing to each other again.

What came as a shocker though was when the two both cried out in pain. Yamaguchi winced as he pressed on his side, and Yachi-san crouched down to clutch her left ankle

Oh.

The team congratulated the newly formed soulmate couple, who were both blushing messes. They decided to leave two alone for the rest of the afternoon and allowed them to leave early to get to know each other.

Tobio was glad that Yachi-san was paired with Yamaguchi, and Yamaguchi with Yachi-san. Although they were awkward and nervous persons, Tobio knows they're good people.

The next day, Yamaguchi and Yachi-san announced that they decided to take things slow and not jump into a relationship just yet. He then asked if Yachi-san could continue attending practices which the captain and coach agreed to.

...

Tobio does not know when it happened but Yachi-san was now a trainee manager for the team! Tobio suspected that Hinata had something to do with it because both of them started talking about Villager B and how they're also useful and could fight.

Yachi-san also decided to take him and Hinata under her wing and made it her mission to help them with their studies and Tobio was thankful for it.

Iwaizumi and Oikawa also saw the drastic improvement in Tobio and praised him for it. Tobio could feel something in his stomach, but he does not know what it is. He just hopes that it was not a stomach bug. That would get in the way of his volleyball, and he does not want that.

...

Tobio also found out that Yachi-san is not only smart but is also good at arts. She made a poster for the club to help solicit funds to help with the finances in the coming Tokyo camp. Tobio concluded that Yachi-san was a very nice person and he would not hesitate to commit a crime if someone hurt her.

Trying to repay Yachi-san's efforts for the club and for helping him with his studies, he asked Yamaguchi what food does Yachi-san likes.

That situation was a hot mess.

It had not been a good idea to suddenly corner Yamaguchi in the back of the gym and to trap him on the wall. Although they were almost the same height, Yamaguchi cowered and began to get flustered under the intense scowl Tobio wore, Tobio was not aware he was scowling.

Tobio was about to open his mouth when Yachi-san suddenly rounded the corner with a clipboard in her hand. When she saw her soulmate being pinned to the wall by Tobio, she dropped her clipboard and gasped loudly. Hearing the gasp, both boys turned and saw Yachi-san who was blushing and had her eyes opened wide.

"I-I didn't mean to interrupt! I'M SORRY!" Yachi-san cried out, shaking like a leaf. She tried to pick up the clipboard but all sense of coordination left her body and ended up plopping to the ground.

"Huh?" Tobio tilted his head. Interrupt what?

"Y-Yacchan, this is not what it looks like!" Yamaguchi squeaked out, his face red. Tobio stared at the two when it finally clicked.

"Th-That's right! It's not what it looks like," Tobio quickly removed himself, feeling a blush creep up his cheeks as well.

"Then why are you pinning Yamaguchi-kun? A-Aren't you guys going to k-kiss?" Yachi-san's eyes are glossed over and her cheeks were very red. Tobio was scared that she might faint.

"I was just asking Yamaguchi what snack you like?" Tobio offered weakly, defeat in his tone and face.

"Eh?" Both Yamaguchi and Yachi-san were shocked.

"Why are you shocked too?" Tobio huffed as he narrowed his eyes at Yamaguchi.

"You just pinned on the wall out of nowhere. I thought I made you mad or something..." Yamaguchi answered sheepishly as he put his hand behind the back of his neck, "Why are you asking?"

"I wanted to thank Yachi-san for helping me study and for the poster..." Tobio answered pouting slightly. He does not know he was pouting, and both Yamaguchi and Yachi-san found it endearing.

"...Fugashi, I like fugashi," Yachi-san answered with a shy smile on her face.

When afternoon practice was done, Tobio, Yamaguchi, and Yachi-san stopped by the convenience store to buy snacks. The team was shocked by it but it was a very welcome development. Tobio found out that Yamaguchi likes soft, floppy fries; this knowledge was stored in Tobio's head and would be used for future reference.

That day, Tobio was late for the tutoring with Oikawa and Iwaizumi. He met up with the two on the playground near his house and Oikawa was a bit sulky but Tobio paid it no mind, he was in a good mood. As they continued to walk to his house, they passed by a house and Tobio saw a rose bush with yellow rose buds in the neighbor's backyard.

Tobio thinks he just made two new friends.

______________

A/N: Athough they have different ways of expressing their emotions, I feel that at a certain level, Tobio could connect with Yachi. And I head-canon that Blueberry is ready to fight anyone who hurts Yacchan and vice versa uwu. For Tsukki stans, he needs more character development before being openly friendly with Kags but he's also ready to throw hands if needed (with Yamaguchi persuading him) I am living for first-year squad friendship uwu

You can also buy me coffee at Ko-Fi because I'm thirsty af ʱªʱªʱª ( ᕑᗢ ू ᓫ ∗) just click on the external link button

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.7K 1.1K 27
If only I can turn back the time, but there no such thing in the world that could even happen. Why? Why did I let you go back then? Was I afraid? Jus...
90.6K 4K 64
A world where soulmates are joined by tattoos from birth, Yahaba Shigeru longs to find his soulmate. The result? Something he never even dreamed of. ...
220K 7.7K 58
(L/N) (Y/N) and Oikawa Tooru. You are the power couple of Seijoh. Everyone knows it since both of you are captains of your volleyball teams. Life was...