Thoughts & Occurrences

By search81

Enter my past through my mind and thoughts on things. How I feel about things or ideas are true very real to... More

COMING SOOON! or whenever I get a chance to write these stories
Making Peace with My Grandma
5 Minutes
Chocolate Sprinkles
Bad Catholics Society
The Name Taker
Pervert Perry
The Last Laugh
Old Ugly
The 13th Full Moon
The Dragon of Alsihel
The Quest
The Slaying of the Dragon of Alsihel
Shoes Smell Like Chocolate Cake
The Russian College Math Professor
Bullying the Bully
The Ballad of Jean La Croix
The Cookie Monster Incident
The Seed Man
Jocks Can Crochet Too
My Emotions Are Dead
Betta Rave
The Love of My Physical Strength
The Vampire and the Mortician

Burnt Powder Fresh

10 0 0
By search81

Burnt Powder Fresh

When I was 19 I had this crazy idea to burn paper in the bathroom sink. (Why I wanted to do it I can't remember.) So I took a few strips of paper and lit a small fire in there. I think I liked to watch the paper burn there and shrivel up to nothing.

Suddenly I could smell the burning paper real bad. Not only did the fumes stink in the bathroom but lingered on to the living room. So I turned on the faucet quickly to put out the small fire then flush the wet remains down the toilet.

I had to find something quick to get rid of the stench. There were not any candles around but I thought I found a better solution. It was an aerosol can of Glade air freshener. The name of the scent was called powder fresh. Perfect! I thought. That should cover up the stench!

So I sprayed the air freshener all over the bathroom until the can was empty. I thought that would take care of it, but to my surprise it now smelled like burnt powder. I couldn't believe it! How was I going to get the odor out? Frustrated, I just just gave up hoping nobody would smell it as I retreated to my room.

Then my sister came around and asked what the smell was. I explained to her what I just had done. She laughed at me for a little bit then stated, "I think you created a new scent, but I don't think it will catch on."

"What?" I asked.

"Burnt Powder Fresh," she laughed again.

I laughed too. "I don't think it will catch on though."

Probably not," I said.

We laughed some more. She didn't even ask why I burned paper in the first place. It was just the funniest thing to us. Burnt Powder Fresh air freshener, more than likely rejected by Glade.

You live and learn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201 38 124
These are short/ long poems I write, myself. Please show some love<3 These poems contain moments from several emotions. Feel free to comment!
768 34 26
Well this is just an inside look into my brain! And my thoughts that I thought others might have as well so yeah! some of these stories are true some...
471 8 27
These are just little shorts stories that come into my mind, or I get from writing prompts. Or get ideas from songs, sometimes even a scene or line f...
450 4 74
Just some silly little poems and short stories ig