Hikayat ✔

By AJawaid

Hikayat (Completed✔) 'It's better to fight for what you love than stay silent and regret forever. But if who... More

You Will Be Missed
New Cover
Authors Note
Character Aesthetics (or whatever they call it 😂)
Character Aesthetics (New)
Prologue
Chapter. 1
Chap. 2
Chap. 3
Chap. 4
Chap. 5
Chap. 6
Chap. 7
Chap. 8
Chap. 9
Chap. 10
Chap. 11
Chap. 12
Chap. 13
Chap. 14
Chap. 15
Chap. 16
Chap. 17
Chap. 18
Chap. 19
Chap. 20
Chap. 21
Chap. 22
Chap. 23
Chap. 24
Chap. 25
Chap. 27
Chap. 28
chap. 29
Chap. 29 (part 2)
Chap. 30
Chap. 31
Chap. 32
Chap. 33
Chap. 34
Chap. 35
Chap. 36
Chap. 36 (Part 2)
Chap. 37
Chap. 37 (Part 2)
Chap. 38
Chap. 38 (part 2)
Chap. 39
Chap. 40
Chap. 41
Chap. 41 (part2)
Chap. 42
Chap. 43
Chap. 44
Chap. 45
Chap. 46
Chap. 47
Chap. 48
Chap. 49
Chap. 50
Chap. 51
Chap. 52
Chap. 53
Chap. 54
Chap. 54 (part-2)
Chap. 55
Epilogue
Maryum & Imaad one shot (Bonus #1)
Bonus Chapter #2

Chap. 26

1.4K 165 71
By AJawaid

The car stopped in front of her office. The engine cut of and there was heavy silence in the air.

Zeeshan signed his head, and bit his lips while Zainab shrunk in the back-seat not wanting to be noticed.

Vania sat very still. Very silent.

He breathing out with a huff, breaking the silence, "Yaar aapi, please ayse chup toh mat ho jaya kareyn. Aap ko nhi karni shadi aap ne bol diya, bss baat khatam. Ab hum Mama ko dubara yeh topic chayrne nhi den ge. But please aap ayse khamosh nhi hua kareyn." He pleaded.

It was another morning of the same argument where Maniha told Vania she was going to talk to 'Gurya Apa' a matchmaker in the neighborhood to show a suitable rishta for Vania.

Another morning of Vania giving her the same answers and another morning of Maniha repeating the same lines, "Mujhe tumheyn ghar bitha ke tumhari kamayi khaney ka koi shouq nhi hai Vania! Main tumheyn apni life main settled dekhna chahti hun! Samajhti kyun nhi ho tum meri baat?!"

Another morning of the same argument getting heated till Vania left with Zeeshan and Zainab escaping to the safety of her office.

But after every argument, she had this silent air about her where she didn't cry, didn't talk, sat completely still.

Zeeshan hated this.

Vania swallowed bitterly, her face expressionless. As usual, she did what she could best, suppress her real emotions and not let out what she truly felt. Because she couldn't break down. She didn't have anyone to help her if she did.

Being strong was her only option.

She licked her lips and gave a small smile patting her cousin's shoulder lightly, "Main theek hun, yar... Don't worry."

Zeeshan's heart cracked a little and he sighed turning away.

Just once he wished his sister would say what she really felt. Share her pain, instead of always keeping it in.

But she wouldn't. He knew she wouldn't.

Vania was a lone warrior. They didn't share their burdens with others. They shouldered other's burdens on theirs.

He opened his mouth to speak but Vania opened the door, wordlessly stepping out.

She turned around and repeated monotonously, "School phonch ker message ker dena mujhe. Allah Hafiz."

They watched her walk in with sound steps, her back straight, her head high.

Shaking his head he reversed the car and sped away.

***

Vania dumped her bag on the desk with a 'thump' then sat down letting out a deep exhale.

Anoushey who was the only one present beside her in the room, frowned as she watched Vania massage her temples, stressed.

Her dark circles were visible even under the thick layer of concealer, and her eyelids drooped with lack of sleep, shoulders slumped dejectedly.

"Hey," She reached out and put a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Vania looked up as if just noticing her.

"Tum theek ho?" Anoushey asked softly.

Vania took in a deep breath and released it with a raspy sound, "Theek hun yaar, mujh kyaa hona hai."

...
Because it was the norm now, and she was used to it.

Since she turned 23, everyday Maniha khala would stress upon her marriage, stress upon how she needed to settle.

Vania didn't know how to stop her.

These people were her only family in the whole world. Her whole world. She couldn't lose them, she couldn't lose Maniha Khala.

She clung to them like a drowning man clung to a lone floating straw. The thought of getting married and leaving them stirred a vile feeling in her stomach leaving her mouth bitter.

Maniha khala always disagreed and it left Vania feeling tired and exhausted, but somehow she always got her to forget about it.

But this time...... This time was different. This time Khala Jan was actually serious. And Vania didn't know how to escape it.
...

Anoushey sighed at her reply, knowing Vania, she would never open up to anyone. She sat down on Harris's chair as he wasn't there yet and stared at her.

"Chai peeni hai? Cafeteria chaleyn?" She offered what she knew Vania wouldn't refuse.

In a moment, Vania slowly nodded her head, the sound of chai making her heart warm. Her head throbed harder reminding her that, Yes she needed that warm cup of 'Elaichi wali chai!'

"Hmm..chalteyn hain." She said and they got up to go down together.

****

She breathed in the aroma of the
warm beverage in her hands, Cardamom and Cinamon, mixed with strong tea leaves. The white steam swirled around her face as she absent-mindedly roamed her finger, circling the edge of the mug.

Anoushey sat in front of her, her foaming coffee cup cradled in her hands.

Vania stared at the smooth surface of her tea, while Anoushey stared at her.

"Vania..... Please kuch bolo. Koi toh problem hai."

Vania smiled ruefully, "Bolne se agr problems hal ho jatey na..toh main kabhi chup naa karti. I swear. Lekin..... Bol ker ya ro ker.... insan sirf dil ko behla sakta hai, sudhaar kuch nhi sakta." She spoke from a bleeding heart.

Anoushey hung her head then shook it in disagreement, "Jan, I know problem bolne se hal nhi ho saktey, but at least insan dil halka toh kar sakta haina? Emotions suppress karna bohat ghalat hai, Vania. Apnaa gham ander dabaane se woh bharta jata hai.... You become like a Volcano, the pressure keeps building up, till you burst forth. And .. destroy everything you hold dear."

She stared straight into her eyes, but Vania's heart felt frozen, her fingers cold against the warm teacup.

"Mat karo yeh khud keh sath..... Itna akela mat karo khud ko." Anoushey pleaded.

"Insan.... Akela hi aya tha, Anoushey. Or Akela hi jaye gaa. Phir bhi itna khof ata hai naa humeyn akeleypan se?" Vania spoke her tone melancholic and Anoushey felt a stab at her heart.

Vania sipped her tea like she just said something as normal as the Sun gives light.

"Vania meri jan. Allah ne insan ko rishtey iss liye diye hain... Taake woh akela naa ho. Koi bhi akela nhi reh sakta. We need family, friends, people, to share our happiness, our pain with."

Vania lowered her head, letting out a broken laugh.

Anoushey had no idea. She couldn't know...

"Kuch log akele hi theek hain, Anoushey. Logon ke sath reh ker woh unko sirf nuqsan phonchatey hain." Vania swallowed, her throat feeling choked, "Unki khushiyan khaa jatey hain. Sab kuch barbaad kar dete hain.." kuch log manhoos hotey hain..

Anoushey sucked in a breath, "Tum kya kehna chaa rahi ho, Vania? Main samajh nhi saki.."

Vania looked up at the ceiling and swallowed. "Kuch nhi.. Rehne do."

Anoushey leaned forward and grasped Vania's hands, "Main jaanti hun tum bohat bahadur ho. Apney ghar ko akele support kerti.. Apni family se bohat pyaar karti. Janti hun ke tum nhi chahti zamana tum per tars khaye. Tum logon ke agey sir uthaa ker jeena chahti ho.... Kisi ki madad, kisi ke ahsan ke nichey dab ker nhi rehna chahti.

Lekin... Vani... Sab log ek jaisay nhi hotey. Kuch log hoteyn hain jo aap se genuinely bohat pyaar kartey hain. Aap ki care kartey hain. Or apko takleef main nhi dekh saktey...  Ayse logon ke jazbaat ki qadr karni chahiye ... Unse help le leni chahiye. Kyun ke unko reject ker ke, unka dil tor ker.... Aap sirf khud ka nuqsan kertay hain...
Khud ko duniya se or pyaar karne walon se mat kaato, yaar."

Vania gasped and stared down at her tea cup. Anoushey words hit home and her eyes blurred but she clenched her jaw tight fighting the strong urge to cry.

Her mind showed her loving faces of Harris, Hafsa khala, Haider and Hania. People, whom they cut off from, for fear of being pitied, for fear of becoming a burden for them. For fears..... She didn't even know anymore.

Her heart felt heavy in her chest.

She had lost so much ... She had lost their love, lost Harris forever, lost a family.

Vania took in a deep breath and blinked hard. Anoushey sighed knowing she wouldn't get a reply out of her but she patted Vania's hands softly, reassuring her of her presence.

"Assalamualikum.."

They looked up to see Waqas standing by their table, smiling at them, Vania specifically.

Vania quickly schooled her features and swallowed her last sip, getting up.

While Anoushey raised her brows responding to his greeting, "WalaikumSalam Janab, kya haal hain?"

Waqas cordially nodded at Anoushey carrying on the conversation but his eyes followed Vania as she returned her cup to the counter and the waiter took it back.

Grabbing a tissue she patted her hands and reached for her wallet. Suddenly Anoushey's hand slapped a note on the counter before her.

"Baji, change nhi hai—" the waiter began but she shushed him.

"Rakhley bhai."

Vania gave her an exasperated look but she smiled wider, "Kal tum pila dena okay?"

She huffed and shook her head but a small smile reached her lips.

"Chalo, uper chaltey hain ab." She said and Anoushey nodded.

A few steps away two girls from the HR department waved at Anoushey and she signalled for them to give her a minute.

Vania blinked in understanding and waited for her. Besides her, Waqas cleared his throat softly.

*Ahem* "Kaisi hain aap?"

Vania turned her head slightly and nodded, "Main theek hun." She passed him an amiable smile and then looked away.

He swallowed and stepped closer and she instantly stiffened. Before Vania could question him Waqas quickly stammered,

"I.. ummm.. I actually wanted to talk to you. Can we.. Can we meet somewhere else... After work. Please?" he asked. Expression earnest.

Vania gulped, her breaths getting shallow as her hands shook slightly. "I'm sorry, magar.. Aap ne jo baat karni idhar hi ker len. I can't go out with you." she tried to keep her voice even, and strong. Inside, her heart trembled.

Waqas sighed, "Okay, okay... Phir—"

"Chaleyn?" Anoushey interrupted and Vania sighed in relief while Waqas bit the inside of his cheek to hide his frustration.

"Yeah.. Han! Chalo." Vania replied hastily and without sparing a glance at Waqas speed walked to the elevator.

***

Harris pushed the glass doors open and walked to his seat.

There was an usual lightness in his step and an excited glint in his eyes.

The events of the previous day and his conversation with Hareem had lit up a new hope in his heart, that perhaps he could salvage what he lost.

Perhaps he only needed to talk to her once, and everything would settle between them.

Fahad, Hashir Qirat and Farah greeted them from their usual places, but he noted, dismayed, the empty chairs of Vania, Anoushey and Waqas.

"Yeh kidher hain?" He asked lightly, not wanting to seem too curious.

"Hmm?" Farah looked up at his question. "Oh, woh cafeteria gaye hain, Vania and Waqas. And I guess Anoushey HR ke pass ho gi? Uski Amna se bari banti hai.. saari gossip wahan se collect kar ke laati hai."

Harris's expression hardened.

Vania and Waqas..The names together stirred a bitter feeling in his stomach, his heart turning a shade of green.

He looked down and his hands fisted tightly of their own accord, jaw clenching as he powered on his laptop and swallowed the bitterness down his throat.

'Bohat hogaya iss chuzey ka, mujhe iss sey baat kerni ho gi ab.'

At that moment the door opened and he was glad to see Vania came in alone, Waqas and Aboushey entered a moment later.

Harris released a breath he didn't know he held and licked his lips, feeling the tension leave his muscles.

He felt a new kind of anticipation in his body as he waited for her to sit.

Vania sat down on her desk and his heart deflated when she didn't even acknowledge him.

Not even a discreet side glance.

His face fell.

'Kal tak toh itnaa pareyshan ho rhi thi.... Ab kya ho gaya?'

He wondered why she didn't inquire about his health.

Harris faked a cough and sniffed then waited. No response.

Harris frowned.

Discreetly, he looked at her from the corner of his eyes. She was deep in thought, her face not giving anything away, as she wordlessly began her work.

He sighed.

But he wasn't ready to give up so soon. He would wait till the end of the day, then he would talk to her.

As for the moment, he had no option but to control his heart and try to keep his head in its place.

'Vania... I just need to know... Just once... I need to be sure .. is there even a little chance for us? Anything?'

***

_________________________________________
Karachi

"Ayaan!"

He was walking out of the lecture hall sporting a sour expression on his face. Nothing in Ayaan's life was going well and the entry of his parents made it more of a hell.

He sighed, hearing Airaa's voice call him.

"Thorey sakoon ke liye kyaa karey banda?!" he groaned.

Airaa Kamran was driving him crazy.

Ayaan was sure his brain had officially been destroyed, taken over by aliens. The way his heart picked up at her nearness and the way his hands itched to touch her every time she was near.

It wasn't normal and he knew that.

The girl was a bully! A sick sadistic Dictator who believed in controlling people and relished in their submission. She was cruel and heartless.

He of all people knew that!! Then whyy.. why did he feel this attraction towards her?

Why couldn't he stop thinking about the way her dazzling, green eyes burned with raw emotion when she got angry. The way her rich, creamy skin heated up, glowing a shade of crimson when she yelled at him. The way she flipped her hair back and wore that audacious smirk. The way she flared her nostrils and shoved him back, fearlessly stubborn—

'Stop!!'

Ayaan shook his head.

He was breathing hard as he walked faster, as if actually running from his thoughts.

He knew Airaa was a person whose direction was lost. She didn't know how to use the positive side of her personality. She didn't know people would fawn at her feet without her having to scare them. She didn't know.. if only she smiled.. .. And showed a little compassion... Let people in, instead of pushing them away. She could conquer hearts.

But she was looking for subjects not companions. She wanted to rule people not hearts, Ayaan would crush his own before he submits to her will.

He scoffed.

"Ayaan!" Her voice called again much closer than before and students around him turned to give weird and surprised looks, whispering lowly to each other.

Yes! Everyone had seen that Insta-post from yesterday and already spreading rumors about him and Airaa's affair.

He bit back a groan hiding his face with his palm.

"Ayaan!!" the scuffling of shoes on the floor told him she was now running in his direction and he had two options. Run faster before the siren captures him in her trance or stop and hear her out, which was quite possibly the worst idea he's had.

He groaned out loud this time and turned into the empty corridor choosing the former option.

She caught up to him however and suddenly he felt her slender fingers grab onto his upper arm and her panting breath hit his back.

Ayaan halted.

After that stupid picture circulating on instagram, he had been avoiding Airaa like the plague.

He sat on the floor in Dr. Wajiha's class instead of sitting on the chair beside her though it was empty.

He stood in the far corner during the surgery lab not coming anywhere near her and ran away every time she tried to talk to him after class ended.

For some reason, Airaa on the other hand—much to his surprise and dismay—was hell bent on talking to him today.

Any other student would have been on cloud nine, the Great Airaa Kamran chasing them!? It was a dream come true for them.

But for Ayaan it was next to a nightmare.

'Allah miyan please, issey mujhe bacha len! Please! Main iss larki ke chakr main nhi phans naa chahta!'

He closed his eyes and prayed.

Just then Airaa stepped in front of him and he ground out, "Bimar ho kya? Kyun mere pichey pichey aa rahi ho? Kya problem hai?"

She was silent as she caught her breath and Ayaan took that moment to discreetly take a look at her.

She was no doubt very well dressed everyday, that was her style. Always classy and chic.  However, today seemed different. Like Airaa was dressed to impress.

A lump formed in his throat as his eyes travelled up her velvet black pumps, to her skinny jeans that were tight around her perfectly toned calves and thighs—*Ahem* Ayaan quickly moved his eyes up. But there was no safe zone anywhere. Her moss-green silk shirt hugged every inch of her body enhancing her physique, and the color made her eyes seem greener than they actually were. A long pendant rested in the middle of her breasts, that rose and fell with every sharp, shallow in take of air. Her lab coat hung off her arm and sleevless shirt left her milky, smooth arms on full display.

His gaze shifted away from her and he noticed another guy walking past them, staring blatantly.

Ayaan gritted his teeth.

'Ayse kaprey pehen ker kon university ata hai!! Har koi ghoor ghoor ke dekh raha hai!'

His thoughts cut off as she spoke up.

"Mujhe tum se baat kar ni thi! Tum ruk kyun nhi rahay they! Main kab se awaaz de rhin hun tumheyn!" Airaa started in a surprisingly calm tone, putting her hands on her hips, her small waist more prominent.

Ayaan's heart plummeted in his stomach and he fixed his eyes on the floor.

"Obviously, kyun ke mujhe tumhari baat nhi sunni!" he retorted.

Airaa's lips pressed together as her face flushed feeling humiliated.

The urge to flick his forehead was very strong but she gulped it down remaining calm.

"Hmm." She laughed it off and breathed in, "Khair. Mujhe tum se bohat important baat karni hai."

Ayaan sighed, "Bolo."

Her jaw clenched seeing him ignore her, and stare at the floor as if that was more interesting but she couldn't get violent or else her entire plan would fail.

For once she had to make him like her and not hate her. And Airaa had no idea how to do that.

So she dismissed his rudeness and continued, "I— actually I just wanted to say that—that— uh..." Airaa stopped as the words choked in her throat.

That whatt??

Shit!

She should've made Maryum write down some lines for her to deliver!

What was she supposed to say??? She had no idea how to get someone to like her.

"Wanted to say??" Ayaan frowned finally raising his head to look at her face.

She tightened her shaky hands into fists, to hide their trembling and gulped, feeling completely out of her domain.

Licking her lips Airaa began again,

'Friendly thoughts Airaa... Think friendly thoughts.. Maybe lie a little....chota saa jhoot tumhara kuch nhi bighar sakta.'

"Main actually.....main tumse..." she stammered just a bit and Ayaan noted how she nervously tucked in a loose strand of curled hair behind her ear.

"....Main tum se apologize kar naa chahti thi.." She moved her hand in the air for emphasis as if words weren't enough.

"Kya?" Ayaan scoffed lightly, laughing without humour.

Airaa and Apology didn't sound right in the same sentence and his alarms went off.

'Ab yeh ek naya game hai!'

She continued, "Yes.. I just wanted to say I'm sorry.. Honestly, Ayaan I feel really bad kal ke liye. I— I went too far and I was wrong."

Her eyes wide, a sheen of innocence gleaming on their surface. Her strawberry tinted lips curled up in a cute pout.

She wanted to seem genuine and she hoped she did.

Ayaan stared. Unable to blink.

"I mean... I really shouldn't have said what I said about your family specially. It was just too out of line." She pushed her lower lip out a little more, lowering her gaze.

Ayaan blinked finally, letting out a disbelieving cough, "Mujhe yaqeen nhi aa raha.... Kyaa waqi main tum mujh se maafi mang rhi ho? Kal tak toh you were hell bent on destroying me." He quirked a brow.

Airaa instantly stepped closer, "Nhi! Honestly! Mujhe bohat bura feel hua... jo kuch maine kaha. Or.. kiya.... Mujhe bilkul nhi karna chahiye tha, Ayaan.. I really very sorry... I swear!" Her voice was like honey and her tone was earnest.

Her eyes screamed of her sincerity.

Ayaan swallowed.

"Tum mujhe maaf kar do ge? Please? I'll do anything to make it up to you..." She placed a tender hand on his forearm and the touch sent a spark racing through his arm. Her perfume fragrance sharp and heady wafted around him taking over his senses.

Ayaan pulled his hand back and her forehead creased.

Averting his gaze to the side he cleared his throat, "Main.. Tumheyn maaf nhi kar skta Airaa... Tumney sirf meri nhi
.. meri family ki bhi insult ki thi." he added in a hurt tone.

Airaa's frown deepened and she took another step forward. "I am so sorry Ayaan!" She whispered, looking up at him and tilting her to the side.

The sun light slanting into the corridor caught her eyes making the green iris glitter.

Airaa didn't know if she was acting anymore she was more following her instincts than her brain. 

"Mujhe bilkul bhi tumhari family ko or tumhare status ko insult nhi karna chahiye thaa..." She murmured.

"I just get so angry." She shook her head, brows stitched together, "And ghussey main I do things ... Say things, that I really shouldn't..... I just wanted to punish you and I wanted to make you feel bad.." She ducked her head down trying to seem ashamed and bit her lip.

"I shouldn't have."

Ayaan licked his lips and inhaled then cleared his throat softly, "It's fine I guess.... koi baat nhi...Ab tum itnaa buraa feel kar rhi ho toh... "

She jerked her head up and grinned at him and Ayaan felt very real wings of a butterfly flutter in his stomach.

"You forgive me?" She raised her brows expectantly and Ayaan smiled nodding.

Airaa then extended her hand and he gazed down at it, questioningly.

"Friends? Mujhse dosti karo ge?" She chirped.

Suddenly Ayaan felt like she pulled the floor from under him and he almost staggered by the shock of the question.

He wanted to guffaw with ironic laughter.

'Aaj puri pagal ho gayi hai yeh?'

"You! Want to be... My friend??"

"Yes, of course." She nodded and he blinked.

*Ahem* he cleared his throat taking a step back and a part of Airaa wanted to punch him for letting her hand hang for so long.

"I.. I need to think about this...." He said and began to turn.

Her jaw dropped, and Airaa hastily grabbed his bicep stopping Ayaan from leaving.

"Iss main sochney ki kyaa baat hai??" She wanted to growl the words out but she kept her tone light.

'Iski itni himat yeh Airaa ki dosti reject kar raha hai?! Attitude hi khatam nhi hota saley ka!'

"Soch ne ki baat yeh hai.... Keh tum mujhse dosti karna kyun chahti ho?" Ayaan frowned.

Airaa gulped.

'Yeh bata diya toh tum abhi hi bagh jao ge hero'

He stepped forward, "Sochney ki baat yeh keh... Why should I trust you?"

'You shouldn't!'

"Sochney ki baat yeh hai keh tumko dosti ka matlb bhi pata  hai?"

Airaa bristled.

She didn't think he'd think so deeply about a simple question. No one else would have. Anyone else would dying for her to be their friend, to hang out with her. But leave it for Ayaan to complicate things.

'Pump up your game Airaa!'

"Ayaan main—"

But he cut her off continuing, "Airaa....dosti aitebaar kaa naam hai. Care kaa naam hai... Ek dusrey ka sath dene kaa naam hai. Or tum—"  He paused, and Airaa's forehead creased deeply. For a moment they were lost as they stared in each other's eyes, forgetting everything around them.

"Kya tum... janti ho aitebaar kya hota hai? Care kya hoti hai? Sath dena kyaa hota hai?"

Her back hit the pillar and she felt her breath rush out of her as her lungs caved in. She felt a sudden burning pinch near her heart. As if her conscience was telling her something.

The same pinch she felt when she slapped Vania, when she burned the kitchen, when she would insult anyone who didn't deserve it.

She swallowed dryly.

"Hey... I know.. I hurt you.... But..." She began softly.

In her mind she imagined herself as Aylaa and talked to him in that soothing tone Aylaa took with her, "But....ab main kabhi bhi tumko hurt nhi karun gi! You can trust me, Ayaan.. Give me a chance..." She leaned in looking up in his eyes with sincerity.

"Tell you what... Tum Zaroon ki party main chalo mere sath? I'll introduce you to all my other friends too. You'll see you can trust us." She smiled.

'Han bol do! Han bol do!'

Airaa willed.

He scoffed looking away. "I hate parties."

She deflated. Her plan and patience teetering on the edge, about to crash any moment.

"Why?" she asked when she really wanted to mock him, 'Kabhi kis ne se isko invite toh kiya nhi! Show ayse kar raha jaisey pata nhi kya ho!"

"Too many losers pretending to be your friend."

Airaa bit back a retort and smiled warmly, "But this time you'll have me naa! Soo.. It might be fun if you think about it..." She insisted, trying to charm him into submission.

"Give me a chance to show you, Ayaan." Airaa pleaded.

Ayaan was still frowning, "And tumharey baqi kutton ko bura nhi lagey gaa if you spend your time with me?" he asked with a raised brow.

Airaa's hands fisted at that and Ayaan realized what he had blurted but didn't apologize. To his surprise she simply shook her head calmly.

'Wow.'

"Soo.........You really want to be my friend?" he asked again leaning his shoulder against the wall, biting the inside of his cheek.

"Yes!" she quickly replied.

"You don't hate me anymore?"

"I don't, yes!" Airaa smiled wider, her heart racing in anticipation.

Say yes! Say yes!

"And... You really want me to trust you?" His gaze zeroed in on her.

"Yes!"

"Are you sure.. your friends have no problem with this?"

"Yes, Ayaan. Yes!"

Her head was spinning under the intense eye contact. Her heart beat so loud she was hardly even listening to him.

'Maan bhi jaou ab!!'

"You really feel sorry for yesterday?" Je asked, but he looked nearly convinced by now.

"I am. Yes."

Soo close... So so close.

"Do you have a crush on me?"

"Yes!!"

Ayaan pursed his lips and bit the inside of his cheeks. Airaa blinked once.

The silence stretched for a heartbeat before realization dawned on her and that was when her face changed.

"Kyaaa?!"

Ayaan burst out laughing and Airaa stood fuming.

"Airaa.. I swear.." he gasped between chuckles and Airaa shoved him back hard, thoroughly humiliated.

He hadn't believed a word she said!

He was playing her all along!

"F*ck you!" she growled and staggered back laughing even harder.

"You wish you could!"

Airaa growled, wanting to land her fist squarely in his face.

Ayaan straightened up, wiping his teary eyes, but one look at her face and he fell into another laughing fit.

Her neck and face, all the way to her ears, flushed red with embarrassment, the whole plan flushed down the drain and she was back to square one, burning with anger as she glared at Ayaan Amir.

"Shut up, Ayaan! Apna mun band karo! I f*cking meant I will crush you!!! Not have a crush on--"

"Tsk tsk tsk! Airaa.... Ab toh bol diyaa jo bolna thaa! Dil ki baat zubaan per aa gayi aakhir." He chuckled again, "You're obsessed with me, because you have a crush on me."

She pushed his back against the wall grabbing his collar. His handsome eyes alight with mirth, crinkled at the corners, his smile lines deepening.

"Bakwas band karo! Shakal dekhi hai tumne apni?!!"

"Kafi pyara hun, tabhi toh dil aa gaya tumhara!" He pulled his collar up raising his shoulders, winking.

Airaa saw red. She roared. "Shut the f*ck up, Ass*ole!!!"  Main kabhi mun bhi naa lagaun tum ko—"

"Uh huh?! Abhi toh bari dosti karne ayi thi! Mafi maang rahi thi! I'm so sorry Ayaan, please. I'm so sorry!" He mocked.

She wanted to murder Imaad for making her fall so low.

She had never been so humiliated before, ever.

"Tum ne kyaa mujhe ullu smajha hua hai? Tum kuch bhi bolo gi or main yaqeen kar lun ga? Itna pagal nhi hun main." He laughed again and Airaa's face became more red.

Ayaan snickered wiggling his brows, "Kash Airaa main tumharey jazbaat lota sakta hota.... Magr afsos tumney apni dil ki baat kehne main bohat dair kar di! Ab mere pitaa ji meri shadi kisi or se kar waa raheyn hain!" He was having a lot of fun as he delivered his dialogues very dramatically, making fun of Airaa. His back on the wall of the empty corridor, he put his forearm on his eyes.

Her breaths hit him in angry huffs. Venomous  green eyes glaring. Her grip on his collar tightened.

Airaa wanted to slap him so hard her hand itched, but she couldn't, not on school grounds. She shoved him, angrily releasing his collar and Ayaan grimaced, "Ouch! Mujh per zulm kar ke apne ghum ko kam nhi kar saktin tum, Airaa! Tumheyn mujhe bhoolna hogaa... Tum mujhe kho chuki ho humesha, humesha—"

His drama cut off as she groaned loudly.

"Shut up!!!!!" She stomped her foot, "Bohat smart samajhtey ho tum khud ko?!! Main tumhara bura hasher kar dun gi, Hero!! Rulaa ker rakh dun gi—"

Back to Hero.. not Ayaan.

He smirked at her flustered state, "Awe Airoo, ab toh samjh jao! Tum iss Hero ka kuch nhi bighar sakti!" He felt surprised by his own frankness but so what.... he was having fun.

She gritted her teeth tightly and huffed through her nose. Her chin wobbled with anger and her eyes burned furiously.

Ayaan laughed again.

"Tum!! Tum!! Who do you think you are—"

"Hero!" Ayaan winked. He was definitely feeling like one. Being able to one up Airaa once again and giving her  a taste of her medicine. It all felt very heroic and also entertaining.

"Bakwas band karo! I hate you! Tum beta!! Tum maro ge marey hantho!! Yad rakhna, main barbad kar ke hi rahun gi tumheyn! Tum bss khair manao apni!!" she growled and swiveled around to leave but he leaned forward and grabbed her fingers lightly.

Airaa stiffened.

"Hate me, love me, either way you'd think of me." He whispered in her ear.

Slowly Ayaan stepped in front of her, an infuriating grin on his face as he  gazed down, "Airaa, tum toh phisal gayin." He mocked.

She glared and hit his shoulder shoving him aside and walking ahead.

His boisterous laughter echoed in the empty corridor and her heart stuttered in her rib cage.

"Or lo Ayaan se panga.." he yelled at her back. "Aya maza!" Then chuckled heartily to himself.

***

Airaa stomped out into the main corridor and the students shuffled on either side of her.

She wanted to find Imaad and kill him after a good amount of painful—bloody—torture.

Except, she had a class where they were taking the fifth year students to the children's ward and she couldn't skip.

Helpless, she pushed open the door to the girl's bathroom, letting it hit the wall with a crack.

Sounds of destruction satisfied a sadistic lust in Airaa. Filling an emptiness she didn't know how to fill.

The girls in the washroom saw her fuming and one by one removed themselves from the premises.

She held the sides of the cold marble counter top, the wetness of the sink makes a sloppy sound against her fingers. The marble dug into her palm as she glared into the mirror.

"Zeher lagta hai mujhe woh! Fazool insan!" She huffed.

Her reflection stared back, furiously red, mossy-eyes burning, beads of sweat on her forehead and her neck. Her hair ruffled by her speed walk and roughing with Ayaan.

"Ufff!" She gripped it hard pulling at the scalp.

Closing her eyes she breathed in through her nose.

"F*ck Him!!"

The plan failed badly, she'd have to think of one herself. Everyone else was too stupid.

Behind her closed eyelids images of Aylaa's foreplay flashed. But Aylaa wasn't there, the bear wasn't there. It was her, and it was him. And it was his silky voice in her ear.

"Do you have a crush on me?"

"Love me, hate me, either way you think of me."

His burning touch on her skin, his boyish chuckle.

Infuriating!

Airaa opened her eyes and shook her head. Her chest rose and fell fast with her raspy, laboured breaths. Her heart hurt, exhausted by the rigorous beating.

She opened the tap and splashed cold water. Then dried her face and touched up her make-up. Schooling her features, she clenched her jaw tight and stepped out with a renewed sense of revenge.

"Main bataoun gi isko! Ayaan se panga? Isko pata chaley gaa kya hota jab Airaa ko ghussa ajaye!" She mumbled to her self relishing in the loud bang of the door closing behind her, imagining Ayaan being crushed like an ant in the middle of it.

If only he was ant, all this would become so much easier.
_________________________________________

I know kuch logon ko Ayaan or Airaa zyada interesting lag rahey hon ge. Because Vania or Harris ke scenes main abhi tak woh wali pace nhi hai. But if you try to feel those scenes then you'd connect a little more with Vania.

Woh typical rotu larki nhi hai. But the pressures she has to deal with have changed her personality completely. If you compare this Vania to the bachpan wali Vania, you'd know how different they are.

Trust me, the shadi pressure on top of financial pressure, insan ko bilkul badal kar rakh deta hai.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 73.9K 65
#3 in Pakistan ( 4-1-2021) #1 in Pakistan (19-1-2021) What will happen when two opposite souls are betrothed to each other? *But both are stubborn...
76.2K 2.5K 38
She took her steps backward under his tempting gaze. "Say you missed me." "I didn't." She stammered. "But your words don't meet your eyes." His eyes...
625K 16.6K 45
𝔹𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕝 𝕚𝕟 ℂ𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕓𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤 "What do you think Am I?..A puppet or A doll? Who you will use whenever required and then throw awa...
5.2K 953 23
Somethings are meant to happen once in life right .... Is love also one of them " Ayaan you are wasting your time on me. I will never love you. I re...