Sabır (Patience) - Kurulus Os...

By cookiemun

A Kurulus Osman fanfic ~UNDER EDITING~ "Dundar, Kardeşim, will you take Ceyda with you to our brother's tribe... More

Prologue + A/N
Glossary
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
A/N
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Ceyda
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue

Chapter 24

331 27 12
By cookiemun

Ceyda observed the inn. Mongol flags hung from the walls and some were held up by soldiers. Tens of Shamans beat their drums and danced around the room. She noticed that everyone's face was smeared with black paint and they all chanted something she didn't understand.

Balgay entered the room carrying a box and was followed by Kongar and Cerkutay who chanted as well, raising their fists and moving their heads in rhythm with the chants. Balgay raised the box in the air, and the chanting got louder. The Mongols carrying spears hit them against the floor as the others continued raising their fists. Ceyda followed them and joined Kongar.

Balgay stepped on top of one of the tables and bowed as he placed the box on some stand. Once he did that, everyone started bowing. Ceyda looked around and continued to stand when Kongar brought her down. Balgay kissed the box and put his forehead against it before opening it. He took out the scroll and stood up, then turned around. The Shamans started beating their drums once more. Balgay spread out his hands and declared, "I have Genghis Khan's soul." He put away the scroll and continued as everyone slowly stood up, "From now on..with the soul of Genghis Khan...with the power of the laws...I will rule the west, the east, the north, the south, seas, mountains, and the sky."

That's not physically possible, Ceyda thought, debating whether or not she should break it to him.

"Souls are with me...my anger is inside...my blood is burning in my veins!"

Kongar yelled and raised his sword, startling Ceyda. Geez, calm down. The Mongols raised their spears and chanted once more. Ceyda joined them and chanted along.

"Here, in front of you, my valiant warriors...my loyal soldiers...my deceased ancestor's souls... holy Genghis Khan's soul... I am sealing Genghis Khan's blessed laws on my tongue with fire."

Wait, what? Ceyda questioned as Balgay put down his dagger in the burning coal. She turned to Kongar in confusion, and he nodded.

"It's an oath of Balgay, in front of soldiers who see death as a blessing, who see ancestors as companions." He bowed his head, and everyone did the same. Ceyda looked around and followed them hesitantly. "We set off to rule the world! We passed the Gobi Desert, Tengri Mountain and Hazar Sea. Our way is Constantine! Our way is built with blood!"

Kongar, Cerkutay and the Mongols roared, making Ceyda jump again. They continued, so Ceyda joined.

"Neither Byzantine's fancy dogs...nor rebellious Turks...will be able to stop us!" Balgay walked off the table. "Rebels like Osman...will give their skin to our drums!" Balgay took one of the Shamans drums and continued. "We will rise upon their bodies by hitting their bones! We will swim in their blood and pass the seas!" Balgay knelt and the Shamans and Mongols cheered. "If I stop, go over me. If I get tired, trample me down under your horses!"

Oh, we don't have to wait until you stop or get tired, Balgay.

"If you stop, you will be my enemy. If you stop, suffer in the hands of souls forever!"

Kongar, Cerkutay and the rest of the Mongols chanted something in Mongolian again, and they raised their swords. Balgay took out the dagger from the burning coal and raised it above him as everyone bow down. "I am sealing Genghis Khan's laws on my tongue with fire!" He then said something in Mongolian and stuck out his tongue, bringing the hot dagger closer to his mouth.

Ceyda couldn't watch. She would have enjoyed it, but he was doing it of his own will. The Shamans raised their drums and started getting up, signalling the end of the tongue-burning.

Ceyda raised her head and stood up along with the rest of the Mongols. Balgay got off the table and joined his soldiers' chants. The Shamans beat their drums around Balgay, Kongar, Ceyda, and Cerkutay while the rest of the soldiers continued hitting their spears against the ground and chanting.

---

Konur prayed in his tent. When he finished, he thought about all that happened. Flashbacks of two little boys with the same birthmark on their necks raced through his mind. He then thought of when Kongar was beating him up. While defending himself, Konur revealed Kongar's neck and saw the same birthmark that he and his brother Goktug shared. He couldn't believe it. He had found his brother, but he wasn't Goktug.

Konur raised his hands, "Ya Rabbi, You are testing Your servant Konur. The longing of a brother makes me suffer, Ya Rabbi. You are the one who sees my soul. If Kongar, who serves the Mongols is my brother Goktug, show him the right way, Ya Rabbi. If he resists... grant me with taking his life. Ya Rabbi, help Ceyda who knowingly put her life in danger for our tribe. Keep her from being harmed and exposed. Do not let her be taken from me like Goktug was. Let me unite with the two people I love most in this world, Allahim." Tears fell from his eyes as he prayed to his God. Konur said his ending prayers and put his hands over his face. He then wiped away his tears and got up to put away his praying mat.

Konur walked towards his bed when Boran walked in full of fury. Konur turned to him and waited.

"Exile..."

"What are you saying, Boran?"

"We will all be exiled in the morning, kardes."

Konur took a moment to process what he just heard, "Bamsi Bey? Wasn't Bamsi Bey in the meeting? How did he let them?"

Boran sighed through his nose, shaking his head as he spoke, "Bamsi Bey and Abdurrahman Ghazi especially wanted us to go, kardes." Konur breathed in anger. He took out his dagger and thrust it on the table. "Osman Bey told me we will all go to Samsa Bey's tribe in the morning," Boran continued, earning a concerned look from his friend.

"What if Samsa Bey doesn't accept us?"

Boran looked away and rubbed his chin in anguish, "I don't know, kardes."

Konur shook his head, "Ah Boran'im ah... May God help us." Konur then shook his weapon rack and yelled in rage while Boran paced around. There was only bad news after bad news for them.

---

The ceremony was over, and it was time to go to bed. They had a big day ahead of them. Kongar led Ceyda to her room. Ceyda entered and looked around, and Kongar followed her in. Ceyda stared at him expectantly, "Is this your room or mine?"

"It's yours," he stated blankly.

"Then why are you here?"

"To make sure you don't need anything else."

"Well, I think I know how to sleep. Thank you." She struggled to hide her annoyance.

"I bet you do," he said lowly, his azure eyes resting on hers as she watched him in confusion.

"...I do."

"Okay, well I'll be right down the hall if you need anything."

"Okay..." Kongar wasn't leaving. Instead, he walked closer to Cedya, making her back away uncomfortably.

He reached out his hand and gently touched some of the hair that had fallen out of her hat. She eyed his hand. He wasn't letting go. He gazed into Ceyda's dark eyes, and Ceyda tried stopping herself from looking back into his surprisingly attractive ocean eyes. "Are you done?" she managed to snap, clearing her throat.

Kongar slowly let go of her hair and smiled. "See you."

"Likewise," Ceyda muttered, watching him leave. Once he closed the door, she ran to lock it and shuddered. She took off the hat and let her hair flow down. She then took off her armour and weapons and laid them aside. Peering around the somewhat large room, she sat down beside her bed, her head laying against the wall. She thought of everything that happened today and let the tears she held back fall. "Allah'im, please give me strength. Do not let me disappoint my tribe, my people, my family. Give me patience, Allah'im. Bana sabır ver. Sabir."

Ceyda closed her eyes teary and let sleep take over as she continued her prayers quietly.

---

Yess ep 12 is finally written. Ugh season 2 is so much better I feel like skipping to the last few episodes of season 1 (which have been kind of written). Literally what I did is write the end, then go back to write the beginning, and now I'm struggling to bring it together...what a great strategy :\ ANYWAYS, I digress...don't forget to vote/comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 483 24
"You tried to target my siblings and I did what my heart said." I said looking in her eyes and she rolled her eyes. "Your that stupid heart didn't l...
237K 10.8K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...
5.4K 118 25
Feriha. A beautiful young woman kidnapped by Bandits on the night of her Wedding, before being sold to the ruthless Ögedei Khan. Her Husband's family...
5.3K 915 24
{Editing} ~Goktug Love story~ Daughter of Tekfur Thomas was very humble and amiable. She was a youthful, admirable women which many men adore. Elenor...