Pokemon: The Queen of Kalos

By ZenithSSawyer

(Ash x OC) All is well for our heroes, Ash and his friends, continuing on their Kalos journey. However, after... More

Opening Showcase
A Race to Prove Oneself
A Champion and a Blob
Team Rocket!? Again!?
Through the Storm
Reunited Just in Time for a Gym Battle!
The Pledging Tree
A Showcase Debut! Wait...
The Three
So... Many... Pokemon!
Old Friends! If you can call them that...
Pokemon of the Sisters
An Oasis of Surprises!
A Bit of High Voltage for the Soul
Forgetting stuff again? Really!? At least we know more about our not-dead m-
A Disguised Helper!
Trouble on the Other Side
Lumiose: The City of Opportunity- and Disaster!
Sawyers Reunited! Sorta.
Big Skies
House of Memories
Making Our Way!
A Moment of Lumiose Victory
A Concert Beyond Your Wildest Dreams!
Just Smile and Wave!
A Surprise Parting Gift!
Eggs!
Scary House!
A Fashionable Favor!
A Fairy-Type Fray, Part 1
A Fairy-Type Fray, Part 2
A Series of Sharp Cracks!
Raising the Little Ones!
Find Them.
Team Rocket Gets Blasted Off Again
The Battle With Beedrill Boy
Getting Ready for the Big Show!
Baking Contest
Freestyle Round is a Go!
A Familiar Face
Strengths and Weaknesses
A Flowery Meadow!
Troubling Twins!
Friends in Anistar
Teaching Trust!
Triple Tag Battle Madness!
Head vs. Heart
A Late Start and a Warning From the Future!
A Psychic Showdown!
Night Whispers
Caveat of the Stars
Anistar Epilogue
Squishy!
Z
Team Flare is becoming worse than Team Rocket by the minute
A Save, a Call, and the Start of a Battle!
A Battle of Bonds!
Mages and Madness
Quilladin's Battle for Love!
A Little Bit of Teamwork
A Rescue, A Message, and An Embrace!
Ninjas and Old Friends
How Much You've Grown: The Brothers Battle!
Hero of the Village!
Under Attack
Chaos and Capturing
Mission Save the Chief!
Victories, Festivals, and Farewells!
A/N!!!
Couriway Showcase!
The Search for Squishy!
The Pyrokinetic and The Girl
Preparing for the Dance!
The Ball! And a Battle!
A Concert For The Ages! And a Family Reunion!
Meetings and New Beginnings!
Ash vs. Sawyer, Rematch!
Early Ambushes and a Blazing Battle!
Miscellaneous Bonus Scenes 1
Zygarde Unrest and the Last Princess Key
Conflict Resolution, Sister Royale Style, and a Shocking Festival!
Constitution of a Transformation
Synchronicity
Former Champion Lends a Hand!
Training, Rivals, Realization
The Family Sawyer
[PLACEHOLDER] An Aether's Paradise, a Family's Sanctuary
100k Special- Meet the Author!
Finally Some Answers... And Even More Questions.
Ice and Snow
Heart to Heart
An Icebreaking Battle!
Master Class at Long Last!
Performing for the Future!
Disaster Strikes
Kalos Calamity

Welcome (Back) to Ninja Village!

806 18 5
By ZenithSSawyer

It's the Sawyers' first time back to Ninja Village in a while; I wonder how they'll react to seeing old scenery and acquaintances!

~

Sanpei led our heroes to a cave, bringing them to the end, which appeared to be a dead-end. "What's wrong?" Ash asked as the young ninja paused near the back, Zenith smiling as he reached out to tap on the stone at the back. It sure has been a while, but I do remember the entrance...

"Mountain," a voice called, bouncing around the cave and hiding its point of origin.

"River," Sanpei answered.

The large stone in front of them slid aside, most of our heroes gasping. Red had also never seen the place before, but merely raised an eyebrow at the strange, concealed entrance. "Sanpei! Welcome home!"

"It's great to be back!" The ninja exclaimed to the two figures who appeared, both with dark suits and swords on their backs.

"So, are they your friends?" One of the older ninjas asked.

"Yes!"

"Go see everyone," the other said. "They'll be glad you're back."

"Right!" Sanpei and Greninja led the way through the tunnel.

"It's inside... a cave?" Ask asked, perplexed, looking around the stony walls and ceiling.

"It's pitch black," Bonnie added, still in her ninja costume.

"You'll be amazed when you see it," Sanpei assured them.

Pine leaned closer to Clemont and Ash and whispered, "Have been here, can confirm." That seemed to relieve some of their worries ninja village was actually just a disappointing group of tunnel dwellers.

Zenith smiled again. You boys are about to be surprised...

As they approached the light, stepping out onto the large ledge overlooking the village, they all looked out across the land with wonder. "Awesome!" Ash exclaimed.

The rolling green fields, dotted with ponds and ever a river that snaked between fields of crops, homes, and led back through the mountains, the bridges crossing it, and the society practically carved into the opposite wall of rock was just as Zenith remembered, if not even more developed since the Sawyers' last visit.

Banners and strings of flags and lanterns were strong across the whole village, people scurrying to and fro in preparation for the upcoming festival.

"Welcome to Ninja Village!" Sanpei introduced, though the astounding view was already a warm welcome.

He led them down the winding staircase carved from the stone walls, stepping down onto a dirt path and leading them to the center of town. Up close, Zenith could see all sorts of Pokemon helping out the village folk, putting up poles and holding ropes, pulling wheelbarrows and

"Everybody, I'm back!"

"Gre-nin-jaaaaa!"

The people turned their attention to the group of newcomers. "Hey, it's Sanpei!"

"Welcome home!"

A group of well-dressed men deeper into the town turned their heads. One of the villagers closer shouted over to them. "Ippei! Nihei! Sanpei's back!"

His two older brothers came over to welcome him back, Nihei shaking hands with him. "Sanpei, it's good to have you home." The redhead had his medium-length hair pulled into a short low ponytail, while his older brother had longer darker hair pulled into a much higher one. He also had on padded armor and boots in deep sapphire and ruby red, outlined with black and gold, and a sword in a decorated sheath on his back.

"It makes me very happy to see both my brothers doing so well."

"So, Frogadier evolved into a Greninja," Nihei observed.

"It's gotten really strong!"

"Gren!"

Ippei finally turned to acknowledge the newcomers. "And who are they, Sanpei?" (Zenith had to admit, the large group dressed in bright colors looked very strange amid the soft earthy tones of the village. She couldn't blame the eldest brother for being confused, though she hoped he'd recognize them after a moment.)

"I'd like you both to meet my friends!" Sanpei turned to let everyone introduce themselves.

"Hi there! I'm Ash, and there are my partners Pikachu and Frogadier!"

"Pi-ka-chuu."

"Froga-di-er!"

"And that's my brother, Red," he pointed to the trainer in question, who dipped his head.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Serena."

"My name's Bonnie. This is Dedenne, Eevee, and this is Squishy! I get to look after all three of them until I'm old enough to become a trainer!"

"Dene!"

"Eeev!"

"Dloo-loo," Squishy chirped.

"And I'm Bonnie's brother, Clemont. It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too," Ippei returned.

Zenith made a sweeping gesture to her siblings. "It sure has been a while since we last visited..."

Nihei's face lit up with recognition first. "Sawyer sisters! It certainly has been a while. I've heard you've all become prominent trainers."

Ippei nodded. "Ah yes, the quadruplets. I take it you've all graduated from beginner trainers by now?" He asked with a wry smile.

"Sure did. Champion and Kalos Queen Zenith here, and this is Star!"

"You'd better remember my name, but I'm Shadow- this is Nyx- and I'm a trainer and assistant of Professor Sycamore."

"Nihei, you've got to remember me: Crystal, the sister with the Froakie? Greninja is my partner now, and this is Melody! I'm a trainer and performer, and I also own a bakery!"

"Pine, owner of the best battle facility in Lumiose City, trainer and Pokemon coordinator. This is Pepper."

The younger of the two brothers grinned. "Of course I remember you all, and Froakie sure has grown into a fine Greninja. I expected nothing less." He turned to the rest of our heroes. "I'm Nihei, Sanpei's older brother."

"And I'm Ippei, their oldest brother."

"Hi!" Ash greeted again.

"Pika pika."

A new, elderly voice came from behind the brothers, crowd parting to let a man through, a much taller pinkette following him. Both were in traditional festival outfits with sandals on. "Friends of Sanpei are friends of ours, too! My name's Hanzo, and I bid you all welcome."

"Chief Hanzo!" Crystal was practically gushing at this point, flooded with nostalgic memories and a surge of her appreciation for traditional cultures.

"Greetings, Chief!" Sanpei exclaimed. "I've just gotten back home!" Greninja nodded at his side.

"Welcome back! Saizo has told me just how hard you've been training."

"Really?"

"Indeed, and about your friends. And Sawyer sisters, it's a pleasure to see you here again after all this time."

"Thanks, Chief!"

Ash perked up. "Really? He did that?"

"Hey Clemont, what does 'chief' mean?" Bonnie asked, looking up at her older brother.

"It means leader."

"So he's the head ninja? That's awesome!" She had stars in her eyes.

Hanzo nearly blushed. "Oh now, now, come on... You're embarrassing me!" He let out a laugh, though it quickly turned into a cough.

The pink-haired woman at his side leaned down to help steady him. "Oh, chief, are you alright? Please relax."

"I'm fine. You're sweet to be concerned, Shinobu. Perhaps I've caught a cold!" He hugged her tightly, but she suddenly disappeared in a puff of smoke. "Oops."

"It's a ninja body switch!" Sanpei exclaimed.

(Like magic, but not, Zenith remembered.)

Bonnie's eyes lit up with even more stars. "Amazing!!!"

"De-neeeee!"

Shinobu greeted them. "My name's Shinobu, and I'm the chief's assistant! Nice to meet you."

"You're a keeper! Yay, Shinobu!" Bonnie ran up to her and got on one knee, much to the chagrin of Clemont. Pine looked away purposefully. "Will you please take care of my brother!?"

"De-ne-ne-ne!"

"Ah..." The poor woman seemed very confused.

"Nobody could take better care of Clemont than you! You'd make me so happy!"

Shinobu only laughed as Clemont dragged her back. "Please Bonnie, stop!"

"Aw, come on!" The blonde pouted.

Shinobu approached them. "Thank you. I realize that I look very young, so people simply assume that I'm young, but..." She seemed to shift into an old woman, hair graying and body shrinking and slouching over in mere seconds. Even her voice grew older and shakier.

"Shinobu is actually one hundred years old!" Hanzo explained.

Both Bonnie and Clemont scrambled away with wide eyes and shocked expressions. "Why don't we just forget about it..."

Shinobu seemed to shift back into her young self again. "You're so sweet, honest, too!"

The blonde siblings both fell to their knees. "Ninjas are amazing..."

~

Agreed, Bonnie and Clemont. Agreed.

Goodbye for now,

Zenith

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 1.8K 34
The whole point of Travelling across the regions for Ash was to not have a boring life with a corporate job, but now, 8 years later, he has both of t...
119K 3K 23
A major problem occurs, and Y/N gets the chance to fully live in the world just like the video games! But when he is caught up with the task instead...
2.4K 83 5
Follow Avery through Kalos with Sparks, her Pikachu, and, her boyfriend, Ash Ketchum with his Pikachu. Together, they meet new friends and Pokemon wh...
853 9 14
after Eclipse had become champion of Alola she wanted to go to another region and challenge the league there while also battling gyms, she'll meet ne...