Monsters ↠ Liam Dunbar

By poseytive

❝Sometimes monsters get tired of hiding under the bed, so they'll climb into your head.❞ [ season 4 ] [ am... More

Monsters ↦ Teen Wolf
0. Wren Queen of Awkwardness
1. Call me Tomato-Head.
2. The Wacko's Murdering Device
3. The Train-Wreck of Wren Sommers.
4. Derek-Tactics.
5. Subtle Stiles
6. Spongebob's cute little giggle
7. The art of baking cookies.
8. The Desert Mama
9. Blame it on the wind
10. Darn that boy.
11. Just close your eyes.
I G N O R E
12. I just really need a hug.
13. It's okay not to be okay.
14. Mason and Wren: Teen Spies.
15. break too quickly.
16. Peter the Jackass.
18. Stiam [ epilogue ]

17. we were all in Mexico

24.9K 880 718
By poseytive

17. we were all in Mexico

"This way," Peter directed to Malia, Stiles and Liam. Darkness surrounded them, as nothing but bone crushing footsteps and the eery silence of the night filled their ears. Liam wasn't going to deny that it pissed him off, receiving orders from Peter like that. Stiles noticed it, of course, and nodded at Liam when he noticed the boy wasn't following.

Thinking of Wren, Liam put his petty thoughts to the side, jogging after them as they turned a corner. Time was short, and all three teenagers (plus Peter, who Liam refuses to call an adult), were sprinting through the winding tunnels as fast as they could, with no sense of direction whatsoever.

"Okay, stop, stop!" Peter yelled, turning as Stiles crashed into him, glaring at the man. "We need to figure out where we are, and then we figure out how to save Scott and Kira."

Liam's head snapped up in an instant, his eyes staring daggers into Peter. "What about Wren?" He seethed.

Peter shrugged. "If she's here for what I think Kate needs her to do, then it'll be us that needs saving, not her."

Liam didn't reply. He couldn't. What the hell was that supposed to mean? He hated Peter and his stupid cryptic messages, but he couldn't ignore them. Liam's worry for Wren was intensifying by the minute, and time seemed to be running out by the second. His dark thought were cut off by the out of place sound of Stiles' phone ringing.

Stiles quickly answered, looking at the others cluelessly before running to a corner. "Hi, dad."

"I, uh, I know you're angry but--,"

"Oh, I'm beyond angry," Stiles winced at the sharp tone of his father. "I have reached a level of fury that you could not possibly comprehend."

"Okay, well, when I get back you can ground me?" Stiles suggested dumbly.

"Ground you? I am going to hobble you!" The Sheriff paused for a brief moment. "Just -- just please tell me you're alright, that you're safe."

Stiles sighed. "You want me to lie?"

"Oh, God," Stiles heard the sadness in his father's voice, making the silent vow that he would make it back alive to see him again. He'd already lost his wife, and Stiles was going to make sure he didn't lose son, too.

-

Liam knew this was coming.

It was time to face up to his nightmares; confront the beasts he'd tried so hard to avoid. Hit after hit, Liam unleashed all the power he could onto the Beserker. But it wasn't enough, even with the power of Peter and strength of Malia, they were too weak.

Together, they punched and kicked until it was on the ground. Peter thought quick, throwing the dagger in his hand at Malia, who caught it with ease.

"Aim for the skull!"

Liam and Peter ran at the Beserker in sync, forcing him against the wall with a loud crash. Finally, they'd end him. All that was left was for Malia to finish it once and for all, with the dagger in her hand.

"Wait!" Stiles screamed, running into room with Kira by his side, just before the dagger left Malia's fingers. "Malia, stop!"

But Malia had already aimed, and the dagger had already started it's journey, right into the Beserker's skull. Kira didn't think, she just whipped her sword out and pierced it right through dagger. It hit the floor with a loud thud.

"It's Scott," Stiles said, and Liam had to see it to believe it. Turning his head slowly, he found himself staring straight into the eye of the Beserker, only to be met with all too familiar chocolate brown ones. Scott's eyes. Liam's eyes widened and his grip slackened.

But of course, however human the face may be under the mask, we can't assume there's any humanity left inside.

The Beserker (slash Scott) saw Liam's and Peter's grip lessen in the confusion, and saw it as his chance. Both were thrown backwards as Malia took a punch to her face. Everything was spiralling more and more out of control.

Liam, on the ground, held his breath as he saw the Beserker nearing him, sliding back, and watching helplessly as Stiles took a blow and fell to the ground beside him. He kicked and punched, but the Beserker had picked him up effortlessly, ramming him into the wall. And then again, and again.

"Liam!" An high-pitched voice echoed around the room. In the blur of the moment, Liam attempted to find the source, turning his head to the entrance, where everyone's eyes were fixated. There she was, Wren Sommers, limping into the room, looking sickening and on the verge of fainting, making Liam want to run to her, to hold her in his arms. He was losing his freaking mind over that girl.

But then her eyes glazed over, becoming a misty grey and impossible to recognise. She raised her hands and began to chant in a language foreign to all of them, and yet, she was fluent. As if she'd been speaking it her whole life.

It was almost as if in slow motion; the nonexistent breeze began to pick up and the dust and leaves scattered around the room started to swirl around the teenage girl in the centre. No one could understand what was happening, as Liam felt himself being dropped from the Beserker's grasp. Watching, he saw Wren near it.

Her chanting grew into a yell, and with one final gust of strong wind, a streak of white light erupted from her fingers, aimed straight for the Beserkers. It blinded everyone momentarily, but then they were met with the deafening roar of a True Alpha.

the Beserker was gone, and Scott McCall stood in it's place.

"You," he seethed, pointing a shaky finger toward Peter Hale. "The only one who knew as much as Argent about Beserkers, about the Nagual, about Kate! You helped her, all for power."

"For my family's power!" Peter roared in defence, watching as everyone back away from him, as his daughter backed away. "To be rightfully inherited by me. Not usurped by some idiot teenage boy, so incorruptible he wouldn't shed the blood of his enemies even when justified. You don't deserve your power."

Peter's eyes shone a vibrant blue, and both Wren and Liam watched in horror as he transformed into his wolf form. Liam pulled the girl back, out of harm's way and into his arms, against the wall.

Malia roared with fury at her father, running at him, only to be pushed back against a concrete slab. "I'm sorry sweetheart," Peter chuckled maliciously. "We'll talk about this later."

Scott let his eyes shine their true colour; a deep, blood red. This was his battle, and he intended on winning it. Peter grinned, and it sent chills up Scott's spine as they circled each other.

"You were my beta first, Scott McCall. It was my bite, that changed your life, and my bite, that can end it," Peter growled, twitching as he prepared for the fight he'd been waiting for years to happen.

"Then, end it, Peter! Because you won't get another chance!" Scott roared, and the two werewolves sprinted at each other. As much as Wren wanted to cover her eyes, she couldn't dare to look away. Punches were thrown, and kicks were blocked.

"Liam, don't!" Wren whispered, reaching out to grab his hand before he slipped away. He looked back at her, and she knew had had to do this. So again, Wren let Liam escape from her grasps.

He stood in front of Scott protectively, and Peter roared with anger at power at the teen wolf. He grabbed a whole crate of wood and threw it straight at Liam, who barely had time to duck. He stood quickly, restoring his previous stance. As Peter began to close in on his beta, it was like something snapped inside Scott. He jumped to his feet, anger and strength cursing through his veins.

Peter's punches weren't enough, Scott blocked all of them effortlessly, causing Peter to back up slowly. The look on Peter's face, that look of defeat, that he knew he'd finally lost, was enough to make Scott reliever the final blow. He punched him right in the stomach, watching as he flew backwards and landed with a loud crash.

"You were never an Alpha, Peter," Scott said. "But you were always a monster."

And that was it. Scott punched the man once more, and his once bright blue eyes faded dull, until he was unconscious. It was finally over, but Wren found herself instantly sprinting towards Scott engulfing him in a giant hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay! I'm so sorry, I-It's all my fault," Wren whispered as the tears began streaming from her eyes uncontrollably. "It was all my fault."

-

"Then Stiles said that Scott and Kira were stuck in Mexico, which is why they missed the game. Uh, so we went down to Mexico to drive them back from Mexico, and that's why we all missed practise," Liam said in one breath, looking to Stiles and Scott for te assurance as Coach Finstock's gaze hardened at the boy. "C-Cause we were all in Mexico."

"So," Coach started, turning to Scott in confusion. "You took Kira on a date to Mexico?"

"It was our first real date?" Scott defended with a shrug, as Stiles stifled a laugh beside him.

"In Mexico?" Coach added for reassurance that he'd heard right. He looked at the boys in front of him like they were, well, complete idiots.

"They wanted to do something special," Stiles justified with a grin.

"Oh, okay, I believe you."

"Really?" Liam asked in disbelief.

"Absolutely not! I've had experiences on the border that would knock the genitals off you boys off you boys," Liam winced at the image Coach had created for him. "Still, let me be clear -- this kid's the best talent I've seen in years, so he's your responsibility now. You boys are going to stick together, look out for each other, and have each other's backs, got it?"

Scott and Liam glanced at each other, grinning. "We got it, Coach."

"Alright then, get out of here," Coach Finstock waved the boys off, before stepping back into his office. Stiles laughed, as he began to tell the story of how he ended up locked to his father's desk at the police station.

"It was a funny story actually --," Stiles had started recalling, but stopped as they turned a corner and Liam came face to face with a certain brunette.

Wren's eyes widened in surprise, blinking slowly, before beginning to back away. Stiles smirked at the two, before patting Scott's chest and muttering something about giving them privacy. The two boys sprinted off before Liam could protest. Or before he could knee Stiles where the sun don't shine.

"You've been avoiding me," Liam simply stated.

"Uh, I-I -- look, if it makes you feel any better, I've been avoiding all of you," Wren admitted, looking down at her feet.

Liam sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Just -- why, Wren? We can help you! We're all going through the same thing here; we can go through it together."

Wren had to glance away from Liam's broken face as he talked. She hated the fact that she was a factor in making him look like that. She never wanted that for him, it hurt just to see him like that.

"Oh, flapping hell!" Wren through her hands up in defeat, before grabbing Liam's arm and pulling him into the nearest empty classroom. She locked the door and turned to face the boy with her arms crossed over her chest.

Liam grinned with a wiggle of the eyebrows. "Kinky."

Wren immediately went red, before slapping him on the arm. "Oh, shut up, Liam! God, you've been spending way too much time with Stiles."

The two laughed, before silence engulfed the two and Wren decided it was time to explain. "Look," she sighed. "I-I get that avoiding you wasn't the best idea I could've come up with, b-but it's not like I could just tell you. The guilt's been eating me alive these past few days, you've no idea! Liam, I was a monster in Mexico. I was weak and fell straight into Kate's traps repeatedly. I let her win.

"Everything that happened down there, it was all my fault. Scott could've died because of me. Do you really think facing you would be easy after that?"

"Holy -- Wren, none of that was your fault, okay?" Wren looked up, as Liam took a step closer to her. "It was Kate, alright? It was all fucking Kate. And don't you ever, even for a second, think that you're a monster! Wren, you're the bravest, most selfless person I've ever known, a-and for what it's worth, I think you're really beautiful.

"So yeah, Wren Sommers. There's a small chance that I may have developed, some quite large, feelings for you."

Wren instantly flushed, as her jaw dropped open. She couldn't deny she was surprised. I mean, of course she remembered their first kiss, but after he avoided her for days after, she had decided it was a spur of the moment thing, that he didn't really like her back.

"Are you sure?" She asked dumbly, still not quite grasping it fully, yet.

Liam grinned, running a hand through his hair as he nodded sheepishly. "Jesus Christ, Wren. Of course I'm sure!"

"W-Well, why didn't you just tell me?" She exclaimed, and Liam groaned.

"Oh yeah, why didn't I think of that? Did you want me to announce my feelings before or after we were fighting big, scary bone men?" Wren couldn't help it, she burst out laughing, and soon the two teenagers were in tears in an abandoned classroom laughing about something that probably would put them in a mental institution if anyone else heard.

"Wren?" Liam asked after a moment of silence, making her look up and their eyes to meet. She hummed in response, before he whispered, "I really want to kiss you right now."

Wren scoffed, grinning. "Well, isn't that déjà vu?"

"Wren?" Liam repeated, taking a step closer to the girl, closing the small gap between them. His eyes met her's once more, as a smirk took over his features. "Shut up."

It happened quicker than the first time, with one of Liam's hands resting on her cheek and the other on her waist pulling her closer, their lips met. Wren felt her eyelids close as her hands wrapped around his neck and their lips moved in sync. It was short and sweet and everything a teenage girl would want it to be.

Liam could almost say the same about kissing the girl of his dreams, had it not been for the fact that he had to pause momentarily to flip Stiles Stilinski off, through the window of the deserted classroom. There, the spastic boy's head could just be seen, a smirk plastered to his face as he flashed the freshman two thumbs up.

Liam Dunbar could only grin into Wren's eyes, the two teenagers realising that, for once, everything was okay. Everything was perfect.

-

LIAM YOU SAPPY LIL SHIT AW.
anyways, guys! We've made it, this is the last chapter omg! Don't worry, we still have the epilogue and (drum roll please) I'm making a sequel!
So, I'll save the horrifyingly long author's note until after the epilogue, when this is officially finished, but I just wanted to say a huuge thanks to everyone who stuck with Wren even with my terrible updates and awful writer's block.
So, thanks again my lovelies, and I'll try to update the epilogue a lot quicker xoxoxo kat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

805K 22K 30
For Carson Bradley, Stiles Stilinski, and Scott McCall, they were used to having a Plan B. This time, however, they were merely pawns in a far more d...
233K 6.1K 27
After the winter formal Skyler never felt as if she would be the same. Yet Stiles still seemed to believe that she was the same old Skyler that he kn...
12.7M 669K 70
Ayla has uncovered a terrible secret: the man she loves is in fact her worst enemy. As a mighty army gathers to destroy her and her people, she must...
89.1K 2.2K 16
"It seems to me, that love could be labeled poison and we'd drink it anyway..." - Atticus Shameless fanfiction/Lip Gallagher} {Book 3} ©-peachykeen