Chance of a Lifetime ✰ AOT x...

By ackerm4nz

[CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. FOLLOWS THE MANGA. STARTS AROUND SEASON 4.] "Welcome to the... More

CH. ONE | A Warrior
CH. TWO | Faith
CH. THREE | United With You
CH. FIVE | Confessions
CH. SIX | Their Goodbyes
CH. SEVEN | My Truth
CH. EIGHT | Their Side of the Sea
CH. NINE | Brave Volunteers
CH. TEN | One Truth and a Lie
CH. ELEVEN | Heaven and Earth
CH. TWELVE | Welcome, Rina
CH. THIRTEEN | With Grace
CH. FOURTEEN | What Gets You Hurt
CH. FIFTEEN | New Alliances
CH. SIXTEEN | Return to Salvation
CH. SEVENTEEN | Home Lies Ahead

CH. FOUR | When We Meet

3.4K 144 164
By ackerm4nz

AS THE WEEKS PASSED I continued to show very high progress in my hand-to-hand combat skills thanks to the Warriors. Their techniques were hard to beat yet I managed to successfully excel better than them and win each dual given.

It took a couple of good beat downs, before I was able to use their own moves against them.

I've already been here almost two weeks, and the beginning days seemed to go by extremely fast. It was sad knowing what was going to happen eventually.

I only had today as a full day with all of the people I looked up to before they left this world for good. I guess seeing my friends would be the good part. I do miss them a lot too.

But even after learning all the Warrior's secrets, all their special fighting moves, new stances, including our newly formed friendship, I didn't want to see them leave so soon. I even managed to get closer to the female wielder, along with the Jaw. We ended up becoming a small family, even if it was just for a short amount of time.

I'm sure Reiner, Annie, Bertholdt, Pieck, and Marcel would've loved seeing how happy I am here. They're always wishing for the best for me. It goes both ways.

Not everything can go the way you want it to, I guess. That's what it seems like.

Although, I am very proud to know that my best friends were going to become what they worked so hard for. They deserved it more than anyone else and I stand by that. Even if I can't accompany them, I'll always be their ally.

"Good job again, Y/N." the Armored holder complimented, standing up and dusting himself off before giving me a smile.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead, panting heavily yet returning his kind gesture."Thank you sir." I said, walking over to the box of used combat knives.

The other Warriors, who were waiting on the sidelines, clapped after witnessing me take down one of the strongest Titan shifters.

"As expected, you're even capable of beating us which no one in this unit is able to do. You're going to do great things from here on out, Y/N." the Jaw holder praised, walking over to where I was, sending me into a flustered state. The others nodded in agreement.

"I've learned from the best of the best. Really though, thank you for all this special training. It's helped me realize I can push myself and become useful." I said, fixing my hair which was messy from running around.

"What do you plan on doing once we leave, Miss Y/N?"

I froze in place, the question sending me into a panic while I choked on my own response.

'Am I really going to pursue this in honor of them when they leave? Will all my training for becoming a candidate be useful for this?'

I cleared my throat, fixing my armband up a bit before speaking up.

"I plan on joining the Marleyan military, so I will be able to work in some way, alongside my Warrior friends in honor of you all." I said proudly, my gaze stuck to the ground under me.

Glancing up slightly, I could see grim smiles plastered against all of their faces which puzzled me a bit.

'Did I say something funny...? Oh no, please don't tell me I embarrassed myself in front of them.'

"Well, you will be very helpful to our military, I can agree." the female spoke up, patting my shoulder. "But you would be even better becoming a combat trainer for the candidates while they get used to their Titan forms."

I looked up at her, lips parted as if I was going to say something.

'Should I take her advice for it? No, no, I'm going to choose my own path.'

Shaking my head, I sighed. "No, when they are ready for battle, I will join the military and work along with them. Even if it kills me. After all, I promised them we would all die together anyways. I'd rather die in battle along with them than watch them die in 13 years while I'm still living."

"They must really mean a lot to you huh?"

"Of course. My friends are the number one important thing to me other than my mother, father and sister. During my time in the candidate keepings, they were the only ones I could count on."

After a brief moment of silence, it was broken with a voice I recognized almost immediately.

"You're so stubborn and loyal Y/N, yet we love you for that."

Jolting around and looking behind me, I saw Pieck shaking her head and waving at me. Faint figures walking in the distance could be seen making way to accompany her.

I gasped before running and tackling her to the ground with a thud.

"Pieck! Oh my goodness I've missed you so much!" I said, hugging her torso while she giggled and pat my head.

"Long time no see? Those two weeks without you were rough." she said while I got up off of her and helping her to her feet.

My gaze trailed to the other four people who were standing next to eachother with shocked faces.

I waved at them before gesturing with my head to come forward. Without hesitation they all ran up to me, practically throwing my body onto the floor in a tackle hug.

"Y/N we missed you so much you don't even know!" I heard Marcel say while I laughed, holding them all in my embrace.

"I missed you more." Annie said, hugging my figure tighter. I rolled my eyes at her joke. "Well it's all ok you guys, because I missed you all most. You were all I could talk about. Now can you guys stop squishing me? I feel like my body is about to burst from all the pressure."

I pushed them all off, holding my stomach before I burst out laughing. They all hopped to their feet before Reiner lent me a hand to stand up.

I took it gracefully, our eyes holding contact. My cheeks went hot as I quickly looked away, my faint smile finding it's way onto my lips.

"Hi Y/N, I missed you." Reiner said softly, grasping my wrist and pulling me into a warm hug. My breath hitched before I hugged back. I could hear the snickers from the others behind, teasing us both while making kissy sounds.

"I missed you more." I said before I pulled away from the hug, scoffing at their childishness then turning my attention back to Reiner who was smiling with a pink blush spread across his cheeks.

'So cute...'

"Sparring was a drag without you there! Everyone was scared that Reiner here was gonna kick their butt since no one else besides you would ever take him on in duals." Bertholdt said, pulling Reiner into a headlock and ruffling his hair.

I chuckled slightly, "Oh is that so? Wanna spar really quick, right here and right now?" I said with a smirk, getting into a new stance, one the Warriors had shown me

Bertholdt let go of Reiner, pushing him towards me before he shrugged. "I mean, if you want me to kick your ass then, I don't mind." he replied, getting into his usual position.

"We'll see about that."

Just as we were about to start, a voice interrupted us.

"Hello future Warriors of Marley." the Armored holder said walking our way while all of us looked towards him. Reiner and I dropped our positions and saluted right away, the others following our actions.

Dropping our salute, the female holder appeared at his side. "It's nice to see the new faces of our unit. We welcome you all warmly." she said before grabbing my wrist and pulling me next to her.

I was shocked for a second but brushed it off and stood straight.

From where I was standing, I could see the looks in all their eyes. Internally, they were all freaking out and it took everything I had not to giggle at them.

'My same reaction guys, my same reaction.'

"I would like you all to refrain from fighting and such actions, we need to preserve your energy for tomorrow, as we all know what is happening." I felt a sharp pain run through my heart, realizing once again what was bound to happen.

'There's no changing it now.'

"Yes." they all said in unison, voice scattered from excitement.

Looking back up at the female Titan, I tugged at her shirt a bit. "Can I give them a tour of the grounds? Please? I wanna catch up on everything with them." I pleaded. She gave a slight nod and I beamed her a smile.

"Alright then!" I said, jogging back over to them and gesturing to the sparring grounds. "I'll show you guys around, then we can talk about what happened while I was away."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After touring the Warrior Unit areas, we all sat at a picnic table used for special occasions outside of the lunch hall.

"So.. anything new happen while I was here?" I asked, folding my hands in front of me.

They all looked at eachother before shaking their heads.

"Nothing out of the ordinary. The only exciting thing was that we found out we were chosen to become Warriors." Annie said, pushing a piece of her hair back while I stared in awe.

"We also found out that the Beast candidate is of royal blood." Marcel pointed out and everyone nodded, confirming this.

My eyes widened. "Well that's something new."

"Anything new happen to you?"

"Nope, not at all. I just learned more fighting techniques that Warriors use while in Titan form, and some others to weaken them if I ever have to. Same old same old." I shrugged, sighing and laid my head on my arms.

"Did you ever find out why you're not inheriting?"

"No, but I seem to have forgotten about it. Now, we can't really change it since all of the Warriors have successors."

Everyone sighed, their gazes placed onto their laps or the sky.

'I'm guessing even they know it'll be hard with only thirteen years.'

"Oh look, there's Zeke." Marcel said, pointing out a person who was walking our way. I looked up a bit, but focusing back down not caring to acknowledge someone I barely know.

Marcel waved the unknown person down, signaling for them to come here while I closed my eyes, wanting to take a nap from being drained because of training.

"Hey guys." I heard a voice say to the left of me.

Peeking under my arms I saw a blond boy, who seemed to be a about maybe two or three years older than all of us.

Now that I think of it, I do remember seeing him around the candidate keepings every once in a while.

"Hi Zeke." Pieck said with a cheerful voice, leaning against my slumped body. She poked at my side and I glared at her slightly.

It must've been a hard one since after that she looked away from me and turned her attention to the boy named Zeke.

"I don't think you've met Y/N here have you?" Marcel said, shaking me a bit before I elbowed his side harshly, signaling to let go of me which he did to quickly clutch his ribcage.

"I haven't met her personally no but, I've heard many good things about her. Top of the candidate unit out of all the Warrior Unit generations and an honored candidate for working with Warriors even at a low rank, am I correct?"

I looked up from my arms, noticing his outstretched hand. His expression showed kindness and friendship, which made my stoic face calm.

"Nice to meet you, Y/N. I am Zeke Jaeger, successor of the Beast Titan."

"Y/N L/N, pleased to be your acquaintance, Zeke Jaeger."

I took hold of his hand to shake, before feeling a zapping sensation in the back of my head.

*ZAP* *ZAP*

I quickly let go, cradling my head in my hands, wincing in pain.

'What the hell was that a moment ago?'

Looking back at Zeke, it seems he had felt the same thing, noticing he held a hand to his forehead and a confused look was on his face.

We both eyed eachother, gaining composure once again to not cause a scene.

'Whatever the fuck that was, it was scary.'

Everyone's confused eyes were on us before we shook it off. I smiled at them all before returning to my original position, head down in my arms.

I never realized that I had fallen asleep on the bench. I didn't even feel tired enough to fall asleep that quickly.

Yet I sat there, next to Pieck who probably didn't even realize it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ahh, so they meet at last." I said, watching from the clouds above.

The interaction between the male possessor and my heir grew shortened. I could sense the electric wave sent through both their heads. Confusion sprang against their questionable looks.

"It's just getting started. We need my other piece."

"Wait for me, Y/N."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N : HIII! I hope you guys like this chapter even though I'm updating it at like 12 am when i should be studying skdjcjhc i just had the urge to get this chapter out there since it's very important. I was seeing a lot of people getting confused with the little entry piece i had in chapter 3 and it's getting me more excited to write this since i want to see your reactions as who the unknown person is. You may even be shocked (no pun intended) ANYWAYS i hope you liked this chapter and many more are to come! 💕

• Q/A: List your top three favorite animes.

           A: 1) Attack on Titan 2) Fruits Basket 3) The Promised Neverland

PUT YOUR ANSWERS HERE!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.4K 2.8K 34
Y/n was there when wall Maria fell and she lived in the underground ever since. She fought her way to the top in the underground, it was the only way...
22.1K 861 11
[this will contain spoilers for anime watchers!] As a Marleyan, your duty was to bring Paradis to hell, no matter what it took. You were trusted with...
29K 767 23
Deal with it. I like Sasha..sorry girls if you're hoping this is x female reader. You are joining the Trainee Corps hoping to making your mission suc...
2.8K 150 19
₊˚.༄ written by kat -------- ≪ °✾° ≫ -------- Life for (𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄) 𝐙𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐘 has been very sheltered by living in the inner-most wall, after being...