Miss Brightside

Af WhichWeasley_

"A mass murderer would be compelled to kill again if they escaped from prison, and Sirius Black hasn't. It ma... Mere

Prologue
Cast-Playlist-Aestetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 12

743 28 11
Af WhichWeasley_

   The rest of November flew by, and before Addi knew it it was almost time for Christmas. Snow laid in a neat blanket across the grounds and the castle was already decorated for the holidays. Classes were done for the year as it was the weekend before Christmas. Addi had elected to go home this year for the holidays, so her mother wouldn't be lonely, so she spent as much time with her friends as she could. 

   Except, it was a Hogsmeade weekend. 

   Harry still couldn't go, so Addison decided to stay with him this time. Until he got the brilliant idea to try and use his invisibility cloak to sneak down to the village. Addi agreed to help him, and followed as he walked past the Weasley twins who were building a snowman. They didn't get far because George grabbed Harry,  Fred tossed Addi over his shoulder and dragged the two into a hidden corner.

   "Clever, Harry."

   "But not clever enough."

   "Besides, we've got a better way."

   George pushed Harry to sit down on a flight of stairs as Fred let Addi gently down next to him. Snatching the cloak off of himself, Harry and Addi shared a look of disbelief. Fred pulled out a crusty piece of parchment and placed it in Harry's hands.

   "What's this rubbish?" Addi and Harry asked in unision.

   "Rubbish they say. That there is the secret to our success," Fred poked the parchment with his wand.

   "It's a wrench giving it to you, believe me."

   "But we've decided your need are greater than ours. George, if you will..."

   George placed the tip of his wand in the middle of the parchment. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Intricate lines of ink flowed out onto the paper. Forming lines and words at the top. 

   "Messrs. Moony," Addi began followed by Harry.

   "Wormtail."

   "Padfoot."

    "And Prongs."

    "Are proud to present the Marauder's Map?" They finished together. 

   "We owe them so much," George sighed contently.

   "Hang on. This is Hogwarts! And that... no. Is that really...?" Harry asked while pointing at a moving pair of footprints labeled Dumbledore.

    "Dumbledore."

    "In his study."

   "Pacing."

   "Does that a lot," George finished.

   "You mean, this map shows..." Addi began, only to be interrupted by Fred.

   "Everyone."

   "Everyone?" Harry repeated.

   "Everyone," George confirmed.

   "Where they are."

   "What they're doing."

   "Every minute minute."

   "Of every day!" George finished brightly.

   "Brilliant! Where'd you get it?" Harry asked the twins as Addi thought hard about the last few years.

   "Is that how you guys find me all the time?" She asked them pair who nodded proudly at her.

   "Nicked it from Filch's office, of course, first year. Now listen. There's seven secret passageways out of the castle, but we'd recommend..."

   "This one," They exclaimed together.

   "The One-Eyed Witch on the third floor."

   "The One-Eyed..." Harry muttered, yet cut off again by the pesky twins.

   "Witch. Right, but you best hurry. Filch is heading this way," They turned to leave them, "Oh, and Harry? When you're done, make sure to give it a tap and say 'Mischief Managed' otherwise anyone could read it."

   Addi and Harry watched as they left, Fred giving Addi a wink as he went. Once they were gone, Addi turned to Harry excitedly.

   "So...I'll meet you in Hogsmeade!"

   Harry grinned as Addi bolted away from him and began her journey to the village. He threw the cloak over himself again and made his way to the secret passage.

~~~

   Addi was out of breath by the time she reached the village, she had not gone straight to the village like Harry had thought and first ran back to get Draco's blazer coat from her dorm. When she had arrived there was a group of small people tumbled over and she vaguely made out a head of bushy brunette hair running along with a ginger away from the scene. Following behind, Addi made it just in time to see Hermione pull the claok off of Harry's messy black hair. He was crying and Addi reached out to hold Ron's hand for comfort. He squeezed back to signal that he was really there.

   "He was their friend. And he betrayed them," Harry whimpered, his voice ringing through the serene silence of the woods. "He was their friend!" He screamed, voice filled with hatred. Addi watched as his eyes hardened like stone. "I hope he finds me because when he does, I'm going to be ready. When he does, I'm gonna kill him."

   Addi inhaled sharply, this wasn't like Harry at all.

~~~

   Addi overslept and missed the train home for the holiday. She had asked Professor Dumbledore if he could possible bring her home; he said yes, but he couldn't do it until Christmas Day. Addi said it was fine and spent Christmas Eve with Harry as the Weasley's had gone home.  Christmas Day, Harry and herself woke up, exchanged gifts, and then ate breakfast together. After that they engaged in a glorious snowball fight that could only end in a draw.

   "On the count of three," Addi whispered to herself from behind her snow fort. "1...2...3..." Letting out a battle cry, Addison leaped over the wall of snow and launched a snowball straight into Harry, who tackled the girl to the ground and poured snow onto her face. 

   "Surrender!" He shouted.

   "Never!" Addi bellowed, letting out a laugh as Harry tickled her sides. 

   "Alright! Draw?" 

   "Draw," Addi agreed breathlessly. Harry flopped into the snow beside her.

   "It's nice spending time with just you for once. I feel like we're always having to split up and drift between Ron and Hermione whenever they decide to go at it," Addison spoke, her breath visible in the cold air.

   "Yeah, it feels nice to not worry about things for once too," Harry added, turning his head to look at her. Addi furrowed her eyebrows as she thought back to what Harry had said only days prior.

   "Harry?"

   "Hmm?"

   "Would you really kill Sirius Black?" Addi turned to look into Harry's green eyes.

   Harry sighed, looking away from her and sitting up. Addi following his actions soon after. "I don't know. I want to...for what he did, but at the same time, I don't want to because I don't want to be like him and I don't think my parents would be proud of me if I did."

   "You're thirteen, Harry. You've gone through more than most wizards deal with in their entire lives. Except, you don't let it change you and you always want to do what's right. You are one of the bravest, smartest, most loyal people I know. You're parents wouldn't want you to be a killer." Harry blushed lightly as she complemented him. They must have had plenty of heart to hearts over the years, but nothing compared to this one. He stared at her until a voice interrupted their little moment. 

   "Are you ready to leave, Miss Tyler?" Addi and Harry jumped from their seated positions, brushing the snow off their now soaked clothes. Professor Dumbledore stood in the entrance hall with a knowing smile. 

   "Yes, Professor. I just need to get my bags from my dorm." Addi walked into the warm school with Harry in tow.

   "No need, Miss Tyler. A nice elf named Genie brought them down only a moment ago," Dumbledore stated gently. "She also told me to give you this." 

   He held out a sprig of Rosemary and Addi took it from him carefully, placing it behind her ear. "I guess I'm ready to go then," Addi smiled at the older man. Spinning around, she pulled Harry into an embrace. "The Weasleys will be back tomorrow, alright. Try not to get into trouble while I'm gone."

   Harry held her tightly. "No promises," He whispered into her hair. 

   Pulling away, Addi turned back to Dumbledore. "Our carriage awaits," He tittered, stepping down the snow covered path to it. Addi sent Harry one last wave, following after the wise man. Settling into the carriage, they made light conversation about candy until they arrived in Hogsmeade. He held his arm out to her and she grabbed onto her luggage before take his hand. 

   Addison felt like she was being sucked through a giant tube. The air seemed to get stuck in her lungs as they swirled through an unknown passage. Once her feet were touching solid ground again, she sucked in a deep gulp of air as Dumbledore stood patiently beside her. 

   "Don't worry, dear. It will pass," He spoke mistily, patting her shoulder and motion to the familiar apartment complex in front of them. "I do believe there is a surprise or two waiting for you."

   "Thank you, Professor. I'll see you next year I suppose," Addi giggled. Dumbledore smiled an old, wise grin then disapparated with a crack.

   In her excitement, Addison had grabbed her luggage and bolted up the stairs to her apartment. She kicked the cat flap to see if her mum had nailed it down, only to roll her eyes as the flap shot back into her apartment. Opening the door with one hand, Addi set her luggage down in the entrance hall. 

   "Mum! I'm home!" Addi yelled into the apartment. There was a hushed whispering from the kitchen area that caused Addi's eyebrows to furrow. "Is someone here?" 

   "Addi! I didn't think you were coming home this year," Jackie stated appearing at the end of the hallway.

   "Who is here, Mum?" Addi walked toward her mother curiously. 

   "It's a Christmas miracle, Sweetheart. Look who came home." Addi pushed past her mother, coming face to face with someone she never thought she would see again.

   "Rose?"

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

77.2K 2K 21
this was originally posted on AO3 (by me) but i thought maybe wattpad would like it as well!! "Hey! Watch where you're going, Black" James laughed...
25.6K 808 23
It's Mirabel's third year at Hogwarts. After her first two years at the school getting kidnapped each time and feeling like she's lacking in anything...
301 9 59
Lucinda Black is daughter of Sirius Black and student in Hogwarts, she was sorted in Gryffindor. Her mother was killed when she was four by some Deat...
704K 19.2K 132
No one knows the truth about what happened that night. The night Harry Potter lost his parents and became The Chosen One, was also the night that Si...