Twins of Empire

By _AGHarper

Remember that story, Twins of Empire? Shes back! Meet, Mariah, a.k.a., Mercedes Lyon ⁣ The twin of Hakeem Ly... More

NOTE
COVER & CAST
Legend Carter
The Lioness Returns
Investor Brunch & Comfort Home
Healing Old Wounds
The Unthinkable Moment
Let The War Begin
The Outspoken King
Kid Fo-Fo
Death Washing Up
Prince vs Princess
No Apologies
Dont Walk Away From Me
Where Is Your Sister?
Whats Getting Into Her?
Family Dinner
False Imposition
A Favor For Titan
Buy A Heart
Promises
Thuggin Days
Dangerous Bonds
Mariah & Mercedes
Hidden Pain
Tears of a Lyon
Engagements & Twin Loyalty
The Carters Prayer
A Mothers Heart & Fathers Eyes
Who Are You Running From?
Our Dancing Days
Bonds Over Anything
A Lyons Secret
The Lyon's Roar
The Oath of a Lyon
Your Crossing a Line

Empire

8.3K 212 85
By _AGHarper

I'm, Mercedes Lyon, baby girl. My presence and my name, is unforgettable.

-Mercedes Lyon

𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟏- 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐏𝐭 𝟏

On the Empire yacht: music blasting, everyone dancing and enjoying themselves.

Mercedes Lyon, moves through the people, occasionally scanning the scene for one of her brothers. It was so many people on board, you had to do double takes.

Small in her 5'5 frame. Glowing and healthy, brown skin. Her body slim and thick, a figure she kept up, and people never missed the opportunity to tell her. A lot of girls paid for the body that she has—Mercedes could truly say she was blessed to have it. Plastic surgery wasn't going to be in her future.

On her for the boat party, she wore a turquoise-navy/floral colored two piece set. The top showing off her perky breast. Covering the bikini bottoms; a pair of unbuttoned, blue washed, jean shorts, and pair of slides.

Dark brown highlighted hair. When not in its natural kinky curls state, she had it out like today. Pressed in feathered curls falling down to the center of her back.

Mercedes adjusts the raybans shades to sit on top of her head, showing her deep brown brows, exposing the light eyes of her father.

Walking to the upper level, she opens the door; heading inside.

"Cedes!" Hakeem calls out—arms raised up. He walks over to his twin, wearing matching shades.

"Hey, where Mal?" Mercedes asks him.

The sound of music caught her and her twin brother ears as they both gave each other a knowing look.

"Found him." Hakeem smirks back.

Mercedes playfully back hands his chest, giggling. "Come on."

The two of them go down the steps, where their older brother, Jamal Lyon, played on the piano. Knocking up a beat to go with the flow.

Jamal nods his head to the beat, headphones on. He la's to the melody, staring off.

"Empire state of mind." Hakeem says coming down.

Jamal looks back at his brother and sister with a smile as he sings. "Oh-oh."

"Lets go!" Mercedes let's out, she hops down the rest of the way with Hakeem.

Jamal snatches the headphones off, singing.

'Things are lookin' up. I'm ready for the night.

I feel good, real good.

Can't nobody hold me down.

Gonna take advantage of, all these flashing lights.

Mercedes poses with Hakeem. The two of them laugh, she gives him a playful push away from her.

Cause it's the best time, the best time for it...

Mercedes hugs Jamal from behind.

"We can do it. " Jamal and Mercedes sing. "All right now."

"Can't nobody." Jamal sings.

"Tie me down." Mercedes finishes.

Hakeem went over to the machine and mixes up the beat.

"If you want it I got it, tomorrow's not promised." Jamal points at her when she lets him go. "Tell em what to do Cedes."

"So live inside the, mo-oh-oh-oh- ment,"

Mercedes voice, powerful and filled with soul. A voice compared to so many, Tamar Braxton, Lisa Fischer, and many more. But when you heard it, she still had her own sound. Built from singer, rapper and dancer, Lucious called her the best balance of the music world. He didn't lie and others saw it for themselves.

"Tell me, what are we waiting for? What the hell are waiting for?"

Mercedes sings, pointing to them—smiling.

Hakeem backs up with a laugh.

Andre and Rhonda walk over on the upper level talking—the two come to a stop as they watch the three.

Rhonda folds her arms across her chest, hailing a slight sigh. "Look at them,"

Jamal takes over.

"I wanna live inside the, moment. Moment, moment."

Hakeem holds out his hand, Mercedes takes it and lets her brother send her off in a twirl. Mercedes dances around the piano with her twin.

"Your brothers and sister are showing off again." Rhonda head tilts.

Andre watches them. "It's what they do, babe. Especially the twins."

"I wanna live inside the moment." Jamal sings. "I wanna live inside the moment."

Andre knew along with everyone else, this was a regular thing between the twins and Jamal. If it wasn't all three, it would be one with the other. A slight glare came to his eyes as he watched all three together.

The bond with music that they had with each other, it was something that he would never understand. His card stayed the older strict brother. The one who did what he was told, that went to college and graduated. Meanwhile his younger siblings followed in their father's footsteps when it comes to a career in music.

A career decision that he knew their father loved. Andre didn't say it out loud but he knew that their father loved them more. Even though his father disliked Jamal choice for being gay, Andre knew that Lucious still could bond with Jamal more.

"Yo, Mal and Cede." Hakeem starts rapping.

'When I was five years old I realized there was a road at the end.

Pretty girls, cars, and bank rolls. Gold and platinum plaques, a couple million sold.

Andre brow raised. "I'm a little surprised to see Hakeem performing now." Rhonda looks over at him in question. Andre takes his glance to her. "Unlike Mercedes, he likes to save it for when my dad's around." Rhonda shakes her head down at the three performing.

'Fans screaming they love me, selling out my shows.

Me and my twin, put in hard work, if you don't give your all then it won't work.

We been waitin' on this day since Luscious gave us birth. Gotta believe in yourself and gotta know your worth.

Hakeem puts his arm around his sister.

Andre seen enough. "Lets go find, dad."

The two of them start to take their leave. Andre gives his siblings one last look and took his leave behind Rhonda.

Hakeem nods. "Me and my twin did it clean as a whistle, stayed away from dirt."

Mercedes dust off his shoulder. Jamal stood up, still playing and going with the beat.

"Ah," Hakeem rapped a little lower.

I told you I'ma get it. Everybody they talkin, I dreamt about how I'm living.

Reality was written, I put effort in my vision..

Mercedes and Jamal start to get hyped with him.

'That's why I hustle so hard to be the best that ever did it!'

Jamal stops the music, Hakeem snatches his shades off.

"Now that was fire." Hakeem looks to Jamal and smiles. "Tell me it wasn't?"

Jamal nods. "That was sick, and you always know when to come in." He chuckles, pulling his giggling little sister in a hug.

Mercedes pulls away. "I follow the music." She points to Jamal. "You know I like when our voices hit, can't nobody touch that sync. Or all three of our flow when we are together."

Hakeem shakes his head. "Come on now,"  their attention turns over at him. "-both of y'all already know. When it's the three of us performing, it is nothing but fire." Mercedes and Jamal share a smile in agreement. "Can't touch us." Hakeem smiles—it drops in a double take towards Mercedes. "Yo, Mercedes. Where is your clothes? Like you half naked around here."

Mercedes raised a brow. "I'm half na-why don't you ask the same question to your little groupies by the pool?" She points upstairs. "Talking about me. One girl just got to move the wrong way, and that bandage coming off."

Hakeem rolls his eyes, as Jamal bites on his laugh.

"And first of all, sir. Our dad is somewhere else on this boat. Second, it wouldn't matter, I am grown." Mercedes waves him off. "Get out of here boy, don't get on my nerves. I'm in a good mood. So don't ruin that by being stupid out your mouth."

"Stupid out my what?" Hakeem snaps his head to look at her. "Like who are you snapping your neck to? I'll smack it stiff."

"Take a step so I can cave your chest in." Mercedes nods.

Jamal chuckles with a head shake. "Yo, I don't know why you are about to start with her fool."

"I got this." Hakeem says, he looks back to Mercedes and post up with hands in his lap. Her brow raises unfazed but her mug remained. "First of all, you—are my sister. I don't care what those girls at the pool got on. They are not related to me, you are."

"They can have you, honestly." Mercedes says.

Jamal snorts.

"Like you-"

"Second!" Hakeem talks over her.

Mercedes head draws in. "Oh you think you doing something?"

"Second." Hakeem says again. "I don't need to overhear any conversations about how you look from no clown here."

Mercedes eyes roll. "You are being erky right now, Keem."

"Go put on a dress to cover all that." Hakeem points.

Mercedes looks at him like he was crazy and gives a quick look to Jamal.

"Not in it."

Mercedes blinks back to Hakeem.

"I'm serious, you need to-"

"Oooh, is that my phone." Mercedes puts it to her ear. "Hello? Mercedes Lyon speaking."

"Your phone did not ring." Jamal says.

"Shut up, you said you wasn't in it." Mercedes waves him off, she puts a hand over her ear. "Hello! I-I, no I can't hear you. What you say? This connection is just terrible. I think it's the water, hang on." She starts leaving. "Gotta go. Bye, bye!" Mercedes runs up the steps.

"She think she slick." Hakeem follows her. "Nah, we not done talking. Get your ass back over here. Cedes!"

Hakeem caught her up the steps and tries to drag her back down by her leg.

"Leave me alone Keem!" Mercedes holds onto the banister. "Jamal!" She cries out for her older brother. "Get him! If I fall down these steps, I swear to GOD."

Jamal laughs at them fighting on the stairs.

The two of them were close as any twins could ever be. The two youngest cubs of the Lyons, their nickname, 'The Twins of Empire'. A name their father came up with for them and it eventually caught on to everyone who knew them.

One name, for two people believed to be the future of Empire.

They were twins but both were opposites. Except for their attitudes, both of them had them and it didn't take much.

Hakeem known to be the twin, more open, and in the scene. Especially when it came to parties and knowing people. Mercedes, the more laid back and quiet twin. Only stuck to her normal friends. Not the one for many parties unless it was for business.

Mercedes didn't like being bothered with drama, and didn't like it being brought to her doorstep without good reasons.

Protective was the best way to describe how the men in her family treated her. Andre had even felt that way at one point. Mercedes watched him get deep in Empire and soon start to treat her differently. Since they had gotten older, she kept her distance. Andre used to be her best friend as a little girl. Now? She barley recognized him. No matter how much it hurt she would stay away from where she wasn't wanted.

Jamal laughs at Mercedes getting Hakeem in a head lock, she takes off her slide and starts to beat him with it.

"Why you always using objects?!" Hakeem tries to grab her swinging slide.

"Cause you do the most!"

Mercedes was considered the good and chill twin out of the two. But Jamal knew they both were. They just needed time to grow up. Hakeem had his problems but wasn't all bad. Jamal definitely saw a change in Hakeem whenever their sister was involved. Him and Andre may have been their brothers but the bonds of twins, it was something different.

Since birth, the two of them had been more close then all four. Hakeem had her back through all hell and she had his—that is how they got through.

When the world was against them, they would ride to hell through it, side by side. No one could break that bond....no one.

___

Next morning, at Lucious Mansion

After the big announcement earlier, Empire was on it's way to getting an IPO to turn the business into a public traded company.

Lucious invited Andre, Hakeem, and Jamal over. He wanted to meet with all four of his children to discuss Empire. This was big for all of them right now and his children of all people needed to know.

Unlike her brothers, Mercedes lived with Lucious and Anika. For her reasons, she didn't mind and because her father thought it better for to stay with them.
Hakeem wanted her in his building with him, Lucious words that day when Hakeem said he would watch over her.

'I wouldn't trust you to watch over my damn plants.'

Said he be damned if he left Mercedes under the eye of Hakeem.

Lucious main reasons for keeping her with him....the company she chose to keep around her. He hated it.
Mercedes hung out to much down the projects. A place he no longer wanted her. It was too dangerous and he worked to hard to have of all children, his baby girl, back there.

Lucious gave a pass for her two best friends, Gabrielle and Destiny to be around her. Both girls worked for Empire as her back up dancers, and were working to get out of the hood.

Until she learned to stop being around that life so much, she would live right where he could see her. One of the main reasons he kept Mercedes busy and on the move—so she wouldn't spend her time there. Mercedes wasn't as slick as she thought and at times the girl forgot who her father used to be and still was.

Mercedes walks into the dining room.

Wearing a gray pull over, slit cuts up the sleeves and shoulders, she wore a pair of gray Puma slides with her toes and nails done. Some of her hair—pulled in a braided up bun, the rest hung down and out over her shoulders.
On her wrists; a silver MK watch, and Alex&Ani bracelets. Diamond studded earrings decorating her ears, and a silver lion necklace around her neck.

Jamal looks up from his phone when his sister came in, and takes a headphone out. "Hey, Cedes."

Mercedes hugs him from behind, her purse in hand. "Hey, Mal."

Hakeem nods his head to her. "What's up," He drinks his soda, phone in hand and one of his legs up on the table.

Mercedes pats his shoulder. "Hey, Keem." She points to his feet. "You better get your feet off daddy table."

Mercedes sat down next to him and pulls out her phone.

Hakeem sucks his teeth. "He be aight." He goes back to his phone. "Not going to kill him."

"Okay." Mercedes nods, knowing damn well how her father was going to react.

One of the servers came over and sat a plate of vegetables at the empty head chair down from them. Mercedes sees this, she looks to Jamal and nods to the seat..

"Who else is coming? Bugs Bunny? That's a lot of  damn carrots."

"Your brother, Andre."

Mercedes frowns and drops her hand. "Mmm-mm, why is he my brother now? I barely claim this one." Her finger points to Hakeem who tried to mess with but she waves his hands off. "I do not claim that 'wanna be a brother' sometimes," she shakes her head, mumbling. "With his bougie ass."

Jamal holds back his laugh. "Don't start."

Mercedes sat back, and looks between them. "Am I lying?"

Jamal shakes his head. "No comment."

Hakeem looks over at her. "You not."

"I thought so." Mercedes nods.

"Both of y'all cut it out."

"Why? He acted like he couldn't even bring his bougie butt to dinner when you invited him. What was his excuse for not coming?" Jamal sighs, giving her a look. "Well?" Mercedes motions for an answer. "What was it? He wasn't going out anywhere, with his boring ass. Looking at files half the night."

Hakeem laughs, lowering his phone.

"Don't laugh at her." Jamal scolds him.

"What?" Hakeem tries to hold back his laugh but his snickering was still heard.

Mercedes chuckles as she sits up. "Ask him when he gets here, I'll bet you he got some, b.s, excuse. Watch." She shrugs. "Make a fool out of me, hell. But I know what I'm talking about." Rita sits a fruit bowl in front of her. Mercedes takes her attention from her brothers. "Thank you, Rita."

"No problem." The woman gives her a smile.

Mercedes eats some. "I'm telling you, Mal. He didn't come because he didn't want to. Your better than me. I wouldn't have invited him if my life depended on it. My obituary photo would have been bomb."

Jamal chuckles. "I can't stand you." Mercedes cracks up, winking at him. He throws the paper he had balled in his hand at her. "Why you like that."

Hakeem sees the fruit and reaches for one. "Oh, let me get one." Mercedes slaps his hand. "Ouch! Foreal," He gives her a look. "Stop being stingy. I share with you, give me one." He reaches again.

"No." Mercedes fights his hand off and slaps it away again. "You are not digging your dirty fingers in my fruit bruh, nah." She points to his fingers, her nose scrunches up at the thought. "I don't know what them things been up to, or in. You would put your fingers in a crypt keeper."

Jamal chokes on his juice, coughing his laugh. "Mm-aha!"

"You know damn well I wouldn't do that." Hakeem says. "I got standards."

"Below average." Mercedes nods. Picking up one with another fork, she gives it to him. "I can't have nothing. You just like a kid, here."

Hakeem smiles and takes it from her. "That's what I thought." He eats it. "Better have."

Mercedes glares. "Talk slick again, you going to be choking."

Jamal goes back to his phone. "Ya'll to is a mess."

"He the mess." Mercedes face twist up, narrowing her eyes on Hakeem.

"Your ass the mess, right along with your weave." Hakeem flicks her hair. Mercedes drops the fork from her mouth with a look to him. "What?" Hakeem brow raises. "Say something, I dare you."

Mercedes kicks his free leg. "Shut up, you childish."

"You kicked me though, so who childish?" Hakeem asks.

"Your daddy." Mercedes shrugs.

Hakeem sucks his teeth. "Really?" She grins and continues eating.

Andre walks in the room. "Rita, did you bring the hummus?" He fixes his suit tie.. "Hey, ya'll."

Hakeem and Mercedes exchange a glance, they narrow their eyes in unison to Jamal. Hakeem tilts his shades.

Jamal shakes his head slowly at the two of them for this. He had to admit that their sister had a point. Andre came in like he didn't bail on them last week, not even the slightest acknowledgment to it.

Andre has a seat at the table. Rita sat the hummus down for him. "Mercedes, how are you little sister?" He looks over at her.

Mercedes suppress her smirk, her brows pulling. "Why are you talking like that?"

"Proper?" Andre raises his own. "Not familiar with it?" Mercedes expression relaxes, fixing her bright eyes to glare at him. "You've been hanging around those certain people for to long." Mercedes head tilts. "I was just addressing you. So again, how are you sister?"

Mercedes forced her frown to smile. "I'm fine, brother." Andre fake smiles, she drops her own—rolling her eyes, mumbling. "Big head bastard."

She shakes her head but stops, her eyes fell to Hakeem's fork that reached back over and clanked in her bowl to get some more fruit. Mercedes watches, her eyes flicker over to him as he took his piece to eat.

"You put that fork in my bowl again and I'm putting mine in your leg. I got one rule, don't touch my food man, you know that."

"Girl, shut-up. You don't scare nobody."

"Don't have to be scared to get beat up." Mercedes pulls her bowl away from him when he reached back. "Yo," she points. "not playing with you. I will box your ass up." Hakeem chuckles reaching anyway.

Andre rolls his eyes at their arguing. "Jamal, how's that friend of yours?"

"Good." Jamal plainly says. "Why you flake on dinner last Tuesday? Hakeem and Cedes was the only two that showed up."

Eventually sharing the bowl with her twin, Mercedes watched the two brothers.

Andre sighs. "Schedule was crazy."

Mercedes sucks her teeth into a pout. The expression on her face reading vibes of 'Really nigga?'. Hakeem also raising a look to his older brother.

"But you could have at least called or something," Jamal didn't want to hear his excuses. His sister was right at times when it came to Andre. "Like we cooked and everything, that's so rude."

"I forgot." Andre voice raised in a more stern manner.

Jamal and Hakeem look over at him.

Mercedes tapped the fork on her lips, her brow raised at Andre in honest curiosity.

"I am just trying to see how you forgot..." Jamal and Hakeem turn their attention from Andre. "I texted you about it earlier that day. Telling you what time we would be there." Andre eyes flicker over to his sister, Mercedes fought her smirk. "Must have went blind for a couple minutes. But we all get busy schedules, so I'm sure we can understand. Right Mal? Dre will be at the next one. Won't you?"

Andre bit his tongue, he gives a fake smile and nods. "That's right, Mercedes." She finally broke her fight and smirked. "You always know what to say, don't you?" A bitterness on his tongue.

Mercedes nods her head up. "Gods, gift. I just use it."

Andre scoffs, Hakeem had to fight his laugh along with Jamal.

Lucious Lyon, walks into the room—papers in hand.

"Good, I'm glad y'all here," Lucious smacks Hakeem his feet with his papers. "Boy get your big ass feet off my, $40,000, dinning room table. We eat there."

Hakeem sucks his teeth but did what Lucious said and put his feet on the floor.

Mercedes snickers. "Told you, Big Tims." Hakeem rolls his eyes.

Lucious walks pass. "Morning, baby girl."

"Morning." Mercedes sits back, and looks over to Lucious with a shrug as he stood at the head spot. "So why are we all here? I have things to do today and this is holding me up from that." She folds her hands together, placing them on the table. "Sooo, can we hurry this up? I'd appreciate it." Mercedes grins.

"That mall ain't going no damn where." Lucious points his papers in her direction, her smile drops. "Now hush your mouth and sit back." Mercedes went to speak. "And no smart ass comment. Sit-back." Mercedes rolls her eyes and sits back with a sigh. Lucious gives her one last look before looking out at all four of them. "Your brother and I have been working hard to turn Empire into a publicly traded company. Now apart of us going public means ensuring a legacy for this company. And right now, it seems none of you are prepared to take over when I'm gone."

"When your gone?" Mercedes eyes flicker.

"I'm not going anywhere right now." Lucious gives her a small smile, he knew what she was thinking in the back of her mind. "I'm just saying for future references, baby girl, that's all." Mercedes slowly nods her head. Lucious smile drops as his look went back to the boys. "Now it won't happen today, or tomorrow. But I will start grooming someone soon. And it can only be one of you."

They all look at each other with confused looks from their father's words.

Jamal cracks a smile, he was the one to speak first. "W-What is this, we King Leir now?"

"I assume so. Who will be the King?" Mercedes chuckles, crossing her legs. "Turn this into a reality show why don't you. We might even make it to be a drama show." She throws her hands up, sitting back. "Hell, you could call it, Empire."

Jamal nods to her, and laughs. "Mess, that's what you are." Mercedes giggles.

Lucious eyed both of them.. "Call it what you want, you smart asses," Jamal and Mercedes try to hide their amusement. "But over the next several months, I'm gonna make the decision."

"Wait, wait, wait." Andre spoke. He always thought if anybody should be running Empire, it should be the sibling who went to college for it. "We're all in competition to be head of the company?"

"Who is this 'y'all' is what I'm trying to figure out?" Mercedes looks around, hands folded on her stomach. "I ain't throw my name in Lucious Lyon, pimp hat."

"Little girl, didn't I tell you to hush." Lucious points at her as he walks up. Mercedes rolls her eyes. "Listen, in order for it to survive, I need one of you negroes to man-" Lucious eyes Mercedes. "or woman up, and lead it. And nothing, or no one, is going to tear it down. You hear me?"

They all nod in agreement. Andre takes his look at the three, Jamal watches the twins through his lashes. Hakeem stares back at Jamal, but Mercedes had her side eye narrowed in on Andre.

Rita walks in the room. "Excuse me, sir." She says to Lucious and looks at Mercedes. "Mariah, your car is here."

"Up, that's my cue. Thank you, Rita!" Mercedes ushers up out her chair, grabbing her purse, phone, and bowl of fruit. "Can I talk now?"

Lucious gave her the floor. "Go ahead."

"Thank you. Look, I'm going to say this now, I don't want it." Mercedes tells them, she gives a smile to her brothers and shakes her head back to Lucious. "I love Empire, dad, but you can count me out of running the company. I love making music, dancing, and producing. Running it would take away from all of that and I don't want it." Andre tried to hide his happiness from that news. Lucious didn't hide his frown from her words. "Look, all that stress just brings out the demon in people. Causes a bad heart, and I'll be DAMNED. So, you three boys have fun." Mercedes walks out and throws a hand up. "I'll be cheering from the sidelines. May the best, or shadiest Andre win."

Andre lowers his hand from his mouth, a slight glare to the back of his sisters head.

"Mercedes." Lucious calls after her but she didn't answer him. "Mariah Mercedes Lyon, I know you hear me-" He heard the door close and sighs with a head shake. "That damn girl."

Lucious didn't want to say it but he wanted Hakeem and Mercedes to be a team against their brothers. The two of them needed to continue to the top so he would have no choice but to pick them.

They were a good package together and he didn't think Hakeem was ready to do it alone. The boys were strong but just like her mother, she was the support and back up for all of them.

Jamal gathers his stuff. "Okay, well I gotta head out. I'm going to go catch a ride with, Ms. Drama Lyon, before she pulls off. See you dad." He nods to Hakeem. "I'll text you later." Hakeem sent a nod in return.

Andre sighs. "Yeah me to, dad. I'll see you later on when we go out. I have to make some runs." Andre excused himself and left out the room.

Hakeem gets up.

"Hakeem," Lucious calls out for him, Hakeem stops in his tracks. "Hang back a second, son." He waited until he was sure that Jamal and Andre were far enough away. "I need to talk to you about your sister."

Hakeem shakes his head. "I told Mercedes that Hook wasn't right the other night, that's her fault. I got nothing to do with that."

"No boy, sit down." Lucious motioned to the chair next to him.

Hakeem had a seat. "What's up?"

"It's about what I just said to you and your brothers." Lucious sits back. "Do you really know why I paired you and your sister together musically?"

"She got skills." Hakeems says. "Sing, a beast when she really does rap and she got the moves when it comes to dancing. I already got her putting stuff together for some of my music."

"I know, she told me, and that is half the reason." Lucious says. "I put you and Mercedes together because when it comes to this company, you need to have two people that will have each others back and be a real team. You can't do it all son. See, you and Mercedes, you two bring out the best in each other. I don't care what duo is out there. When I put the, Twins of Empire, out there, you two shut it down every time. You both go over my expectations together and I need y'all to do it right now."

Hakeem brows knot together. "What you mean?"

"If I want you two to be as big as I see it and if I want you both to take over the company, I need you to get her back in this game with you and on your side." Lucious tells him. "You can do it but you need your sister, and she needs you. So convince her to be in this with you."

"Have you met your daughter?" Hakeem questions, looking at Lucious crazy. He shakes his head at that idea. "That is not going to happen, dad, and you know that. Mercedes is nobody you can convince. Who cares if she doesn't want to do it, let her do what she likes. I can run this by myself."

"No, no." Lucious shakes his head. "I want your sister with you. Now I don't like the people she chooses to hang around outside of this family. But because of those experiences out there, it's certain things she knows when it comes to these streets. Your sister knows how tough and ruthless they can be. You don't know all of that. So trust me, if you want to run this company one day—you need a girl like your sister watching your back. You got me?"

"Okay, I got you." Hakeem sighs getting up. "I'll call tomorrow." He heads out the room.

Lucious nods his head.

The games were going to begin. It was all going to come down to who will fall under pressure between his children and who would rise...

__
Try not to ghost read me, lol, don't be shy, leave a comment.
Don't forget to Fav, I'll see you guys soon for Pt 2!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 593 15
In which an R&B/Pop duo of two Afro-Latina sisters got signed to the Empire Entertainment record label, not knowing everything that comes with the Ly...
123K 3.1K 38
In this Cookie and Lucious story you will follow them in there journey to turn back time. The Question is can Cookie and Lucious rewrite their story...
45.8K 1.1K 26
Mercedes is a 17 year old girl who gets adopted by Hakeem Lyon yep son of Cookie and Luscious Lyon. But what happens when he starts falling for the...
72.2K 2.7K 44
When enemies they never knew they had shake up their concrete jungle. Cookie and Lucious find thereselves in a tidal wave of problems. Through thick...