Sinner

By NightTime_Storiexs

The Princetons and the Lockes. It's an enmity of decades. And so the tradition continues when it comes to Ven... More

1| Cadara
2| War
3| Family
4| Morals
5| Bleachers
6| Practice
7| Brunch
9| Wine
10| Sherlock
11| Grammy
12| Sleep
13| Pink
14| Plan
15| Prove
16| Twenty
17| Suffocating
18| Candy
19| Disguise
20| Eyes
21| Cage
22| Mismatched
23| Golf
24| Rome
25| Him
26| Pickle
27| Honesty
28| Reflect
29| Grave
30| Stars
31| Crowd
32| Winner
33| Heartbeat
34| Darling
35| Token
36| Reported
37| Hate
38| Threat
39| Brutal
40| Wish
41| Epilogue

8| Theory

19.8K 659 680
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 8: Theory (Caden's POV)

I walked back into my room, flicking the lights on, half expecting Axel to be there. And there he was. "Now what?" I chuckled, opening the walk-in closet. I grabbed my sweatpants and went into the bathroom, changing into them and throwing my clothes from today into the hamper. 

"Who do you go see every night?" 

"I don't go every night," I said, flopping into bed beside him. "Just sometimes. When I feel like seeing her," I said while tucking my legs under the cover.

"It's a girl?" he perked up. 

I turned to him. "It's a princess." 

His nose scrunched up. "Princesses are boring now." 

"Really?" I frowned and he nodded again. "Okay... then it's a fairy," I shrugged. 

"A fairy?" he grinned. 

"Mm-hmm," I nodded. 

"So this girl is pretty like a fairy?" 

"No, she's got pointy ears and wings like a fairy." 

He rolled his eyes. 

"Yes," I admitted. "She's pretty like a fairy. And she sparkles like a fairy." 

"Does this fairy have a name?" 

I thought for a minute. I can't risk it. "Nope, she does not. Not one that you need to find out anyway. Now get out. Go to sleep." 

He climbed out of bed, grabbing his flashlight from my nightstand. "Bye, Caden. Tell your fairy I said hi," he giggled. "I'll turn off your lights because I'm nice." 

"Thanks," I chuckled. 

He turned off the lights, switched on his flashlight, and then left. 

So, I had a theory. After I saw her in the locker room today, I couldn't stop thinking about her and her body. The body I never expected her to have. Even though she doesn't hide it. I see it every day, it was hidden in plain sight. But now I know how gorgeous she is. 

So, my theory was that because I always think about her, especially now after seeing her, and because I'm always pestering her, maybe Roman is right. Maybe I do go after her just to get her time and attention. Maybe I really do want to be around her. But I know I don't like her. It's just not possible, ask my family and they will confirm. I can't like her, I'm not allowed to, so I'm confident that I don't. But after seeing her and constantly thinking about her, I've concluded that I am attracted to her. 

Physically. 

I am incredibly attracted to her body and face. Which isn't always telling me nice things but still. She is beautiful. So according to my theory, I hate her but I'm attracted to her. And now because I'm attracted to her, I want her. 

Truth be told, I went there to test the theory but then when I saw the bouquet and the card with Nate's name on it, something passed through my body. I didn't plan to enter her room and invade her privacy like that. But that feeling made me do it. It wasn't quite anger, but near it. Not frustration, but near that too. It was more of... possessiveness. And I wish I could say it was protectiveness, but she isn't mine. So I was merely being possessive. She isn't mine, but I do want her to be. 

Physically at least. It isn't allowed or possible in any other regard anyway. 

I flicked the lamp off and lay down, closing my eyes. 

Go to sleep, Caden. And don't think about her. 

I thought about her. All night. Hell, I even dreamt about her. And it was filthy. It was shocking. And it made me want her body even more. 

I woke up around eleven. And because she was my last and first thought, I thought why not go down to Hummingbird Heartbeat to see if she showed up. So, I got dressed and decided to go down there for a brunch of my own. I only saw Axel on my way out and I let Mr. Hilton, our butler, know that I was leaving. 

I got in my car and drove down to the cafe. I entered, the bell above me chiming as I opened the retro, vintage red door. I stood in line and glanced around the cafe while doing so. 

It was 11:45. 

I ordered hash browns and a strawberry milkshake for myself and then settled down in one booth. 

At nearly 11:55 the door opened. Nate walked in first with his friends following behind him. I was sitting at the back and they paid no attention to me. Nate sat in one booth, his friends a few booths ahead. They had a clear view of him but his date would have no view of them. 

At 12:02 the door opened and Venus walked in. 

I gripped my fork a little tighter, hoping she'd turn and leave. She stood in line, glancing around the room. Nate's back was to her so he didn't see her. But she saw him. And his friends. She placed her order and stood there waiting. 

She's taking her stuff to go. 

Her eyes landed on me and stopped. I glanced at Nate, then at his friends then gave Venus a smug 'I told you so' look. She rolled her eyes in response. 

"Venus!" the barista announced. 

This caught Nate's attention and he swiveled around. 

She grabbed her order, smiled at the waitress, didn't even spare Nate one glance, and then she left. My eyes followed her as she walked past the window not even peering inside once. 

I smiled to myself, lifting my hand and calling a waitress over. "Can I get the bill, please?" 

She smiled and nodded and then came back with the bill. 

I paid and then I left.

 Another theory I had, this is the reason why I told her Nate's doing was a joke. She trusts me. She believes me. Whether she likes it or not, she believes me and trusts my words. That's why she listens to me. I have no reason to lie to her and I never have. And she always listens when I tell her to do something. Especially when we're in proximity. She listens when I threaten because she has to. She knows I'll do whatever I threaten her with. 

My question is, does she not tell her father what I do to her because she's ashamed to admit that she listens to me or because she doesn't want to add fuel to the fire of the drama between our families? 

I'll ask her this one day. And she'll answer me. Whether she wants to or not. 

I got back home and walked in, seeing my mother in the living area, reading a magazine while Axel sat beside her, watching TV. We don't have smartphones but we have TVs. How logical. It's not like we don't have smartphones at all. We do. Nobody bothers buying them. 

But TV? Oh, we have everything here. Apple TV, Netflix, everything. 

I went and sat beside Axel. "What are you watching?" 

"Ghost Rider." 

"Isn't that a little graphic for a ten-year-old?" 

He turned to me. "Hey, will you go see that fairy tonight?" he asked. 

I froze, my eyes widening. I shook my head at him. 

"Fairy?" my mom asked. "What fairy?" 

Axel looked at me questioningly. 

I cleared my throat, turning to my mom. "Nothing," I chuckled. "It's just a joke between us. There was a fairy in the movie I was watching last night." 

"What movie?" she interrogated. 

"Thumbelina?" I stuttered. 

"You were watching Thumbelina?" I nodded. 

Was Thumbelina even a fairy? Wasn't she something else? I don't know.

She shook her head, mumbling something under her breath before getting up and leaving. 

I glared at Axel, picking up a pillow and hitting him. 

"What?! You never said it has to be a secret!" he whined. 

"Well, I'm saying it now. You can't tell mom and dad, Axel. I mean it. If they find out that I talk to this... fairy," I groaned. "I'll have to leave." 

"Leave Cadara?" he gulped. 

I nodded. It's not a lie. 

When I was sixteen years old, my dad came to school one time and saw me talking to Venus. We were alone in the field, I was early for practice and she was leaving after a free period. I had cracked a joke. One little joke. And I made her laugh. And when I got home, not only did I get a slap to the face but also a warning. If I was ever friendly with Venus Jade Princeton, I'd be thrown out of this family and Cadara. 

It was brutal. But that's how my dad is when it comes to this enmity between us and the Princetons. Our great grandfathers had shot each other dead. My grandfather always taught my dad that we had to punish the Princetons for what they did. And my dad tries teaching Axel and me the same. I know better and so I try teaching Axel better too. And I'm lucky he isn't an evil child, or we'd have issues. 

"Why aren't you allowed to talk to the fairy?" he asked. 

"Because... she's being held captive. And her captivator told her never to see me. If mom and dad find out, they'll tell the captivator. And then he'll take her away. Understand? And mom and dad don't like this fairy. Because of her... pointy ears and wings. She doesn't look like us, remember?" 

He nodded slowly, very invested in this simile and metaphor that I'm cooking up. 

"Caden!" We both looked up at my mother. "Your suit is ready for tonight. We leave at seven. Be ready."

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 8

guess where they're going tonight

next chapter: wine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9M 326K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* πŸŽ–Featured Reading Lists: β€’@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning β€’@TeenFiction Soul Deep β€’@WattpadRoyals Fantas...
243K 10K 73
The Cunningham's and the Montgomery's have since long been feuding with one another. Dating decades back, the two families separate advertising compa...
1.3M 44.5K 35
Hate surrounded us. Why wouldn't it after everything that happened in the past? Rhys Archer had already ruined my life once, and he was about to do...